• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

9k4tvD7.png

interdastin...

Man, even that font reminds me of Fallout. One can dream, right. :'(

Did anyone know that partners can actually break up with you? Did not know that. I think its if you continue to do stupid things in there presence after a while they'll ask to talk to you to break it off.

Thanks for this. I romanced Preston back when I thought I had to romance companions to get their perk. I got tired of him calling me babe and making things awkward so I sent him to a settlement by himself and have been avoiding him.

Looks like Preston and I need to have a heart to heart because this farce is over!

Thanks for this. I romanced Preston back when I thought I had to romance companions to get their perk. I got tired of him calling me babe and making things awkward so I sent him to a settlement by himself and have been avoiding him.

Looks like Preston and I need to have a heart to heart because this farce is over!

Yeah, Preston is an odd duck.

Deacon
is the best male companion, in my opinion. Shame he can't be romanced and is tied to a pretty shady faction.

Beefy

Wow. Any idea where I should look? I feel like I'm missing them or something.
I don't know whether it helps but I have the Scrounger perk level 4. I find cores all over the place, I once fould 3 cores in a school desk. As of this moment I have 159.

Sanctuary is majorly bugged for me. I still have 33 people there despite sending people to other settlements and turning the broadcast off. Everytime I send one away another one joins.

GhaleonEB

I just did this one last night and it is quests like this that puts fallout 4 above the others for me. Rather than just go in and clear building 623, I got to follow a cool story, do a little bit of puzzle solving and got a cool reward.

So, I'm on the
glowing sea
quest but have not started it. I'm level 36 and just can't stop doing side quests. How far am I into the main story? I think I really need to get back in track here.

I'm in a similar situation. That was my 10th side quest, but I'm like, 3-4 quests into the main story line. I'm having too much fun doing other stuff.

Then again I'm also not sure which quest is for the main story. After the
Brotherhood of Steel airship arrived, a new quest popped.
I thought that was the main quest, but I can't start it until I join the Brotherhood, which I don't want to do. There's also "Dangerous Minds" which I'm sitting on. I actually have very few quests on tap, given how much exploration I've done.

I've been working on various settlements and half-assing Sanctuary as my main and with about 160 hours into the game, I decided it was about time to wrap it up so I started unlocking the rest of the settlements and completing side content. Then Spectacle Island happened.

After getting intimidated multiple times and running back to Sanctuary with my tail between my legs I finally went all in on Spectacle and holy shit is it coming together now. Looks amazing. I've spent at least 16 hours here and still have a lot to do. By the time I finish all factions and side content, I'm probably going to hit 200-300 hours. I did not see myself playing this game that long but it's been a blast!

I'm in a similar situation. That was my 10th side quest, but I'm like, 3-4 quests into the main story line. I'm having too much fun doing other stuff.

Then again I'm also not sure which quest is for the main story. After the
Brotherhood of Steel airship arrived, a new quest popped.
I thought that was the main quest, but I can't start it until I join the Brotherhood, which I don't want to do. There's also "Dangerous Minds" which I'm sitting on. I actually have very few quests on tap, given how much exploration I've done.

Dangerous Minds is the next one. Take your time. ;)

kitch9

Banned
Is it possible to chain 2 power generators together to power 1 piece of equipment?

I've a radio tower that needs 10 power and only enough junk to build 2 5 power generators.

Is it possible to chain 2 power generators together to power 1 piece of equipment?

I've a radio tower that needs 10 power and only enough junk to build 2 5 power generators.
Remember you need 1 copper for each wire.

Also, if this is The Castle radio, be warned do not build a bell in the settlement. Ringing it will permanently glitch the radio to be disabled.

Do you guys feel like looking up where powerful weapons are is a spolier? As in a game ruining exercise. The advantage of not looking up where this stuff is that it adds a sense of exploration. When you do find a unique and powerful weapon its a really special treat.

However, Im half way through the story and while I'll continue to do side quests I dont know how many of those I have left either. So the issue is, if I wait to discover these things on my own they might become worthless rather quickly. Just because theres nothing for me to use it on

Lrrr

Any game breaking, or progress resetting, bugs in the game?
Are there any areas/missions to avoid until a patch?

johnsmith

remember me
Any game breaking, or progress resetting, bugs in the game?
Are there any areas/missions to avoid until a patch?
If you are on pc, anything can be worked around with console commands. On consoles just hard save frequently. Pretty much every quest can potentially break, but odds are low.

sappyday

Is Spectacle Island the ideal place to build a city? It's the biggest settlement space in the game. But how would everyone come? They're all going to swim there?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Is Spectacle Island the ideal place to build a city? It's the biggest settlement space in the game. But how would everyone come? They're all going to swim there?
The magically pop in somehow.... be sure to be ready to defend it thou because the hardest encounter I had so far in the game was defending that place from a Super Mutant Attack (I had to fight off 2 Super Mutant Hounds and 8 Super Mutant Overlords who made a mockery of my Settlement's Defenses).

Just did The USS Constitution mission. I think it's my favorite mission so far.

Can you board the ship again after it crashes on the skyscraper?

There's at least one quest that sends him to a specific place, may want to check you aren't currently on one.

I sent him to Sanctuary Hills after meeting Cait and deciding to stick with her for a while. So after i visited Sanctuary again, i wanted to find Dogmeat again but he's nowhere to be found. The only dog roaming around and sitting in the doghouse is the junkyard dog.

I tried waiting, fast traveling and so on, but nope...no Dogmeat.

Just did The USS Constitution mission. I think it's my favorite mission so far.

Can you board the ship again after it crashes on the skyscraper?

You can.

I just bought me a Super Sledge and upgraded it to do some Energy Damage, as well. Can't wait to wreck things with that and my new T-51 power armor.

Mindman

I sent him to Sanctuary Hills after meeting Cait and deciding to stick with her for a while. So after i visited Sanctuary again, i wanted to find Dogmeat again but he's nowhere to be found. The only dog roaming around and sitting in the doghouse is the junkyard dog.

I tried waiting, fast traveling and so on, but nope...no Dogmeat.

Did you check all of the dog houses in Sanctuary? There are several.

Dries

Is it just me or is the lighting in this game really really really good? It compliments the atmosphere so much.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Stupid Preston won't get out of the Power Armor despite telling him repeatedly. What do?
I'm not sure if this is possible on your own Power Armor but try going into VATS and Blow up the Power Core to see if he gets out of it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm not sure if this is possible on your own Power Armor but try going into VATS and Blow up the Power Core to see if he gets out of it.

I saw this suggested somewhere else once, I couldn't steal it so I shot a raiders power armour core close range thinking he'd jump out and I could finish him off and jump straight in, except he didn't get out, the thing exploded and I got a mini nuke explosion straight to the face instead.

RowdyReverb

Well I shot it until it had 0 health and then some and nothing happened, so I kept shooting until he became hostile, so I reloaded and as soon as it loaded, he stepped out of the power armor without my even asking.
Who knows?

Xion_Stellar

A bell? You mean the one to attract other settlers?
Yes

Well I shot it until it had 0 health and then some and nothing happened, so I kept shooting until he became hostile, so I reloaded and as soon as it loaded, he stepped out of the power armor without my even asking.
Who knows?
Well at least you fixed your issue

Xion_Stellar

Ah man,......

All settlers come to the bell, but ol buddy is nowhere to be seen.
How far are you in the story?
Dogmeat is forced upon you in a Main Story Quest after you find Valentine

lt519

A bell? You mean the one to attract other settlers?

Make sure you have one doghouse, just know where it is. If you made him go away at some point it actually takes time for companions to travel. Go muck around for 20 minutes then come back to where you made the doghouse. I've also found him at Red Rocket after about 15-20 minutes.

Top Bottom