• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Grisby

So picking locks and being a saint seems the way to get on Pipers good side.

Hoping for some decent outfits. I'm still wearing the jumpsuit with some attachments. Seems a damn shame I cant add the parts to the Drifter outfit or even mod it.

RowdyReverb

Hoping for some decent outfits. I'm still wearing the jumpsuit with some attachments. Seems a damn shame I cant add the parts to the Drifter outfit or even mod it.
Also sarcasm seems to work (depending on who you're talking to maybe)

How far are you in the story?
Dogmeat is forced upon you in a Main Story Quest after you find Valentine

Oh that's great, cause i actually have that quest in my list, not finished yet. That's good news. I could stick with Cait for a bit then i guess.

Make sure you have one doghouse, just know where it is. If you made him go away at some point it actually takes time for companions to travel. Go muck around for 20 minutes then come back to where you made the doghouse. I've also found him at Red Rocket after about 15-20 minutes.

I have one doghouse and Dogmeat's buddy resides there. The junkyard dog. And she automatically uses the dog house. I've already built a second one. He's not at Red Rocket either. I've waited ingame for several hours and i fast travelled to some places and back....but still nothing.

You can build a Doghouse and he should be there.

I believe there's one on the backyard of one of the houses next to your old one in Sanctuary.

Yeah, but i have scrapped them all earlier in the game. It's all empty.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Have a chart.

http://m.xboxone.mmgn.com/articles--fallout-4-companion-affinity-amp-perks-guide

Oh that's great, cause i actually have that quest in my list, not finished yet. That's good news. I could stick with Cait for a bit then i guess.

Yeah, but i have scrapped them all earlier in the game. It's all empty.
Good for you than but for future reference you can build new dog houses! ->Decorations/ Miscellaneous/ Doghouse

AEREC

So is it a bug that the Lone Wanderer Perk activates even when you bring Dogmeat? I would still consider a man traveling with his do a Lone Wander, but at this point if it is a bug and they fix it then I have wasted a few perks in it.

Recall

So is it a bug that the Lone Wanderer Perk activates even when you bring Dogmeat? I would still consider a man traveling with his do a Lone Wander, but at this point if it is a bug and they fix it then I have wasted a few perks in it.

It is a bug.

If it gets fixed or not only time will tell.

Crv756

Banned
I just got the Fallout 3 download code, does anyone else? I can't redeem it though, it says that something went wrong overtime that i try to use it.

Grimsen

One of the loading screen tooltips mentions ''without companion or dog'' or something like that when referring to Lone Wanderer. So it's either an undocumented change or a bug.

My battle music is still glitched on my melee character, I've tried everything at this point and nothing seems to work. I'm contemplating just re-rolling and focusing on a stealth build this time as the melee combat is still pretty rough, especially after the revamped shooting.

Has anyone else had this problem at all? This is the first I've heard of it.

Yeah indeed. Before i sent him to Sanctuary, i should have made a second doghouse first. I wonder where my friend is roaming now, poor guy.

You can try even now. I had kinda similar issue. Saw him once and was not found again. So I built two doghouses next to main house where all settlers go first time. Don't remember when but Dogmeat did appear after may be long fast travel or couple of trips.

Philippo

Is there a way to even the ground when you're building houses?

Also, it's so hard to keep track of every settlment, each one has a problem (missing beds, missing food, missing defenses etc,) and i haven't even started building shops so they're not even prudcing profits for me.

johnsmith

remember me
Is there a way to even the ground when you're building houses?

Also, it's so hard to keep track of every settlment, each one has a problem (missing beds, missing food, missing defenses etc,) and i haven't even started building shops so they're not even prudcing profits for me.

Try using the concrete foundation floor. Other than that, no.

As for keeping track of what each settlement needs you can look at Data > workshops to see the status of each settlement.

CeeSaw

Alright guys some late game (I think) questions about
The Railroad.

I have a quest to kill Desdemona from the institute but I told her and I do not wanna kill her. But I see no other options from her to not kill her. Am I supposed to do something I am not picking up on?

GhaleonEB

Couple questions about storage.

I have a couple of magazine racks filling with the comics and such that I'm finding, but I can't seem to find something to display bobble heads on. Is there, or do I need to manually park them on something?

Also, should I be storing stuff for the chem crafting station in the workshop? Right now I'm just storing junk, but I'm not sure whether storing all the other stuff (brain fungus, glowing 'shrooms, etc.) in there will mean that stuff is linked to my chem lab.

I have a couple of magazine racks filling with the comics and such that I'm finding, but I can't seem to find something to display bobble heads on. Is there, or do I need to manually park them on something?

Also, should I be storing stuff for the chem crafting station in the workshop? Right now I'm just storing junk, but I'm not sure whether storing all the other stuff (brain fungus, glowing 'shrooms, etc.) in there will mean that stuff is linked to my chem lab.

There is a bobble head display you can craft, can't remember what menu but I think it's in decorations and misc.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

Junk is shared across settlements if you have a supply line, but AID is not.

So, just store your food/fungus at the workshop where you will be crafting/cooking and you should be fine.

johnsmith

remember me

So, just store your food/fungus at the workshop where you will be crafting/cooking and you should be fine.

Pretty sure this is wrong. Aid and even mods are shared with supply lines.

johnsmith

remember me
It's not possible to be fully part of the Minutemen, BoS and Railroad is it?
Yes it is, if you go with the minuteman ending while being friendly and progressing with those factions.

You just have to be sure to stop doing BOS and Railroad quests before certain points.

GhaleonEB

There is a bobble head display you can craft, can't remember what menu but I think it's in decorations and misc.

Thank you both. Slowly turning this shack into mah base.

CVQmHAtVAAAvdbL.jpg

Anustart

USS Constitution doesn't do anything in my game. Only objective was to talk to the captain which I did then nothing happens. Am I missing something? He just keeps saying something about 2 degrees off the port side.

Steejee

Dangnabbit....thought I was all set on Settlements I'd like to build, and then I come across the Slog and the Lighthouse.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've started picking up bodies / robots and holding them in front of me when turrets are shooting at me. Either the bullets will be blocked or the turret stops shooting completely. Then I just toss the body and take out the turret with my bat.

I've started picking up bodies / robots and holding them in front of me when turrets are shooting at me. Either the bullets will be blocked or the turret stops shooting completely. Then I just toss the body and take out the turret with my bat.

That's actually kind of brilliant. Meat shields!

Hahs

I have one doghouse and Dogmeat's buddy resides there. The junkyard dog. And she automatically uses the dog house. I've already built a second one. He's not at Red Rocket either. I've waited ingame for several hours
Assuming you have access to other companions, you can select one if them which will give you the option to send your original companion to a specific location - in which case you will know where they are.

So, does the game use a new fusion core every time you get into Power Armor (I remove mine, as to discourage settlers from jumping in)?? ...I look in my inventory...I have like 50 unused cores, and like 25+ at 99%. I've been moving stuff around Sanctuary, just built my power armor pavilion, so had to shift the PA around a bit while I decorated/situated...No biggie, just ocd annoying to have such a long list of barely used cores in my inventory I guess.

Also on that note, wtf with not being able to drop/store keys?? I've generally been able to store and sort everything else, but those fucking keys! Messing wit my Misc menu, yo.

P.S. this was just the game to get me out of my gaming funk. Masterpiece overall, flaws and all. <3

This has probably been asked a lot, but what at what point do you unlock the ballistic weave upgrading? I've done 2 or 3 MILA quests, 1 or 2 P.A.M. missions, couple of safehouse investigations, blah blah blah...

Something specific you have to do?

This has probably been asked a lot, but what at what point do you unlock the ballistic weave upgrading? I've done 2 or 3 MILA quests, 1 or 2 P.A.M. missions, couple of safehouse investigations, blah blah blah...

I did 2 PAM quests and that's it. Then walk around the railroad command room till newspaper guy tell you to talk to tom.

I did this and a friend as well and we unlocked it that way.

My Mcready seems to be bugged. I'm right were you meet him and the 2 guys next him wont walk away and he says nothing.

Seems like I need a console command him like I did Preston but which one anybody know?

Somewhat related; I unwittingly blew the chance, as apparently when I became a
General in the Minutemen
, the Railroad would no longer offer me missions (not hostile, just brushed me off) I had to even the odds...if on PC by chance, the console command is 'set RailroadClothingArmorModAvailable to 1' (sans the quote marks) and you can get the ability.

I felt cheated as it was such a big upgrade, so cheating in the console didn't feel so bad. :)

I did 2 PAM quests and that's it. Then walk around the railroad command room till newspaper guy tell you to talk to tom.

I did this and a friend as well and we unlocked it that way.

Word, I'll just try hanging out around command center for a while and see what shakes out.
Somewhat related; I unwittingly blew the chance, as apparently when I became a
General in the Minutemen
, the Railroad would no longer offer me missions (not hostile, just brushed me off) I had to even the odds...if on PC by chance, the console command is 'set RailroadClothingArmorModAvailable to 1' (sans the quote marks) and you can get the ability.

I felt cheated as it was such a big upgrade, so cheating in the console didn't feel so bad. :)
Xbone here, or I would have already done it. I'm tired of wearing all this bulky armor while I'm trying to be sleek and stealthy.

johnsmith

remember me
Aid is definitely shared. This was at the boston ruins workshop, which had absolutely nothing in the aid section

rpcjhTn.png

Holy crap. Thanks for this. I knew most of it, but the clipping tip is a game changer.

So, does the game use a new fusion core every time you get into Power Armor (I remove mine, as to discourage settlers from jumping in)?? ...I look in my inventory...I have like 50 unused cores, and like 25+ at 99%. I've been moving stuff around Sanctuary, just built my power armor pavilion, so had to shift the PA around a bit while I decorated/situated...No biggie, just ocd annoying to have such a long list of barely used cores in my inventory I guess.

Also on that note, wtf with not being able to drop/store keys?? I've generally been able to store and sort everything else, but those fucking keys! Messing wit my Misc menu, yo.

P.S. this was just the game to get me out of my gaming funk. Masterpiece overall, flaws and all. <3

If you have an inventory of fresh cores, and the current one in your suit depletes - your suit will automatically equip a fresh one (whether you're in it, or once you enter it) - otherwise it's the same core.

Also note that cores with only 1% of life in them are still worth
200 caps

As for your keys - well, they don't weigh anything - so need to worry about encumbrance.
In regards to the game putting in a fusion core automatically when you try to enter a power suit without one, it will always use a new one. Ifyour inventory is full of partially used ones you need to manually put it in through the transfer menu that you use to switch out parts before stepping in.

Hahs

If you have an inventory of fresh cores, and the current one in your suit depletes - your suit will automatically equip a fresh one (whether you're in it, or once you enter it) - otherwise it's the same core.

Also note that cores with only 1% of life in them are still worth
200 caps

As for your keys - well, they don't weigh anything - so need to worry about encumbrance.

sappyday

I hate/love the building mechanic. I hate that items don't clip together when you want it to or clips all the time when you don't want it to. But I love making these town like places. It was something I said that I was probably never going to use.

Aid is definitely shared. This was at the boston ruins workshop, which had absolutely nothing in the aid section

rpcjhTn.png

Holy crap. Thanks for this. I knew most of it, but the clipping tip is a game changer.

In regards to the game putting in a fusion core automatically when you try to enter a power suit without one, it will always use a new one. Ifyour inventory is full of partially used ones you need to manually put it in through the transfer menu that you use to switch out parts before stepping in.
Yep. About 20 of my 50 fusion cores are at 99/100 because of this. Though I do believe when you burn out a core it automatically selects the one with the least amount of juice left next.

Moff

If I want Danse's perk, do I need to side with the brotherhood?
I am not that far in the main story and don't want to be spoiled too much, bit I have read you need to do a certain quest to get his perk and I wondered if that quest is only available if I side with the BOS.

Top Bottom