• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

AEREC

How is Survival Difficulty...my first playthrough was on very hard and I found it to be a good balance.

I'm starting fresh since I didn't like how my first playthrough turned out...I figured it would be good to bump up the challenge.

Is Survival basically like Very Hard but with much slower healing?

Hahs

How is Survival Difficulty...my first playthrough was on very hard and I found it to be a good balance.

I'm starting fresh since I didn't like how my first playthrough turned out...I figured it would be good to bump up the challenge.

Is Survival basically like Very Hard but with much slower healing?
Yes - much slower, and there are more Legendary enemies.

joecanada

Yeah, there are even sound bytes of Danse confirming this scenario. Cut scenario or potential DLC? Who knows?

Pump and dump. The Sole Survivor's way.

Not even cold enough for the survivor. I learned on reddit that you can assign them to resources routes so you don't ever need to see them or hear pipers grating voice after that first lovers embrace lol. They too busy just walking lol

Replicant

Not even cold enough for the survivor. I learned on reddit that you can assign them to resources routes so you don't ever need to see them or hear pipers grating voice after that first lovers embrace lol. They too busy just walking lol

I plan to do this to Strong since:

1. I loathe him as companion. He's grating with his Super Mutant superiority complex and fucking useless in battle. Would rather take Mister "Terminator" Codsworth with me.

2. He hates Power Armor so the likelihood he'll take mine is slim to none.

suEcide

I'm lost at this. I've read and have been told I need a 6 rating in the intelligence perk in order to get my rank 1 in science. Yet, I am at a 7 rating in intelligence and my rank 1 science has yet to be unlocked. This is impeding my progress in the game greatly and I am getting bored with the farming/raider clearing missions.

I upped my difficulty to hard the other day (maybe one higher I can't recall but it's not survivor) and I've still yet to find any decent legendary weapons. I'm already level 38 have gun nut at level 4 and I do pretty damn well taking enemies out with what I usually use. Have a semi auto shotgun that's sitting at around 150 damage maybe a little more. Sniper rifle about the same but I REALLY want some of these explosive/freezing/burning weapons I keep seeing yall posting in here.

What gives? What can I do to get them? Just up the difficulty again?

So far I've found 1 unlimited ammo laser pistol but almost everything else is 15% more action points or faster movement or some other useless garbage lol

I'm getting pretty good legendary armor. Just got a right arm piece that was metal (upgraded the shit out of that bitch) and it adds 1 strength and 1 endurance but yeah, shitty weapon drops

N° 2048

I'm lost at this. I've read and have been told I need a 6 rating in the intelligence perk in order to get my rank 1 in science. Yet, I am at a 7 rating in intelligence and my rank 1 science has yet to be unlocked. This is impeding my progress in the game greatly and I am getting bored with the farming/raider clearing missions.

You need to spend a perk point to get it.

Replicant

It's not automatic. You have to spend a perk point on it.

EDIT: Beaten.....like a beta Super Mutant

I upped my difficulty to hard the other day (maybe one higher I can't recall but it's not survivor) and I've still yet to find any decent legendary weapons. I'm already level 38 have gun nut at level 4 and I do pretty damn well taking enemies out with what I usually use. Have a semi auto shotgun that's sitting at around 150 damage maybe a little more. Sniper rifle about the same but I REALLY want some of these explosive/freezing/burning weapons I keep seeing yall posting in here.

That is weird. I encounter Legendary enemy so often that it doesn't phase me anymore.

It's not automatic. You have to spend a perk point on it.

EDIT: Beaten.....like a beta Super Mutant

That is weird. I encounter Legendary enemy so often that it doesn't phase me anymore.

Let me clarify. I see legendary enemies pretty damn often (not as often as I'd like but I'm not sure I want the trade off in huge reductions to healing/damage just to see some more) they just don't drop anything worthwhile to me. That's all subjective of course but not a single weapon has had a damage increase for everyone. It's all been 10% more damage to bugs! Who cares?! lol 15% more damage to synths while sprinting if you're only wearing underwear!

Replicant

Let me clarify. I see legendary enemies pretty damn often (not as often as I'd like but I'm not sure I want the trade off in huge reductions to healing/damage just to see some more) they just don't drop anything worthwhile to me. That's all subjective of course but not a single weapon has had a damage increase for everyone. It's all been 10% more damage to bugs! Who cares?! lol 15% more damage to synths while sprinting if you're only wearing underwear!

I think the idea is that you get those Legendary weapon with a perk, and modify them a bit to increase the damage. Then you get double whammy. About 8 out of my regular 9 weapons are Legendary weapons with extra perk in it but I'm the one who modify the damage addition.

I think the idea is that you get those Legendary weapon with a perk, and modify them a bit to increase the damage. Then you get double whammy. About 8 out of my regular 9 weapons are Legendary weapons with extra perk in it but I'm the one who modify the damage addition.

Sure. Every one I get has a perk (they all do if they're drops) but not a single double shot, explosive damage, freezing damage, burning damage etc. That's what I'm looking for and basically I'm just wondering how rare those specific types of guns are. I have every gun I own (outside of the laser type guns) upgraded to the highest levels of damage they can get and they're more than sufficient I just want one of those drops cause they seem like they would be fun

KevinG

Stuck at 96 for the past hour. Why won't it go up? 21 people, 21 food, 40 water, 136 defense, 22 beds. I also have 16 tier 3 clinics.

Beefy

utq0nU2.png

sticker,375x360.png

I have a shotgun like that but does 15 points fire damage. It lags the game out a little with all the people on fire running around. I upgraded it and it does 91 damage plus the 15.

It's crazy to me that you have to put anywhere near 16 tier 3 clinics to get people that happy. 16! I have one level 2 and all my 20 settlers are sitting at 82 happiness and that's enough for me lol. F'ing Bethesda making you put in work to get that trophy huh?

psylah

Man, my sky platform at the Castle is proving a bit difficult to fill. I have 15 settlers there, and I've already made each person their own home, a laboratory, a shopping district with foodcourt-like seating, a City Hall / mansion for my concubines and I, and a small farmhouse for Dogmeat and a brahmin.

Gonna make more housing and send every companion to live up there in the sky with me.

Bethesda's skeleton placement game is on point this go around...

Musta ran outta TP.

Replicant

Hmm, amusing.

I was upgrading my Red Rocket bachelor pad when I heard RAT TAT TAT of my turrets going on. As per usual, a bunch of Super Mutants appear outside of my gated Red Rockets. I took a sniper rifle and saw that there's a female human walking with them. I sniped the Super Mutants but when I was about to snipe her, I noticed that her name is "Settler" so I stopped and she ran off towards a direction of my Sanctuary settlement.

A few hours later after I was done with renovating Red Rocket, I went back to Sanctuary and lo and behold, that woman is now a part of my settlers. So why was she travel with the Super Mutants then? I guess it was a good thing I didn't shoot her.

Davide

So I haven't seen much discussion on Fallout 4, as someone who will play about ten for a year and stopped playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas after the first hour, should I buy Fallout 4? Didn't really like Skyrim either or pretty much any Bethesda game. But I'm either going to get this or AC Syndicate.

Mahonay

Banned
So I haven't seen much discussion on Fallout 4, as someone who will play about ten for a year and stopped playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas after the first hour, should I buy Fallout 4? Didn't really like Skyrim either or pretty much any Bethesda game. But I'm either going to get this or AC Syndicate.
If you don't like Bethesda games don't get Fallout 4. This is very similar to those other games.

BizzyBum

If you don't like Bethesda games then don't buy this. Pretty simple.

The gun play has drastically improved and there's a cool base building portion of the game but the main reason to play is for the exploration.

KevinG

Just wasted an entire evening on a stupid achievement. I'm not even sure why, because I'm not usually one to go out of my way like that.

Benevolent Leader, conquered.

A few hours later after I was done with renovating Red Rocket, I went back to Sanctuary and lo and behold, that woman is now a part of my settlers. So why was she travel with the Super Mutants then? I guess it was a good thing I didn't shoot her.

Sleeper agent. She'll turn big and green any minute.

Wouldn't it be a shame if she got "abducted" by "The Institute".

Replicant

Sleeper agent. She'll turn big and green any minute.

Wouldn't it be a shame if she got "abducted" by "The Institute".

It did came across my mind. I was like "Why are you chilling here in my settlement and act like you know me when you were hanging around with your missile launcher green pals before?"

But bring it on. If she turns out to be an agent, I'll be the first to greet her with a Fat man.

Chitown B

Just wasted an entire evening on a stupid achievement. I'm not even sure why, because I'm not usually one to go out of my way like that.

Benevolent Leader, conquered.

I spent an entire day (8 hours) on that. AFTER I gave up and moved everything from Sanctuary to the Castle. So stupid.

Jamiaro

Opinion, please. Which Combat Rifle should I use for mid-range:

- Wounding Combat Rifle (extra 25p bleeding damage)
- Overseer's Guardian (extra projectile)

I already use an Explosive Shotgun for close quarters/aoe and a Mighty Hunting Rifle for sniping.

Faenix1

Opinion, please. Which Combat Rifle should I use for mid-range:

- Wounding Combat Rifle (extra 25p bleeding damage)
- Overseer's Guardian (extra projectile)

I already use an Explosive Shotgun for close quarters/aoe and a Mighty Hunting Rifle for sniping.

Doesnt the extra projectile essentially double the damage?

So I went up into one of the lighthouses to just find some ammo but the scene there was pretty cool. There was just a skeleton in a pink dress lying on a bed with a gun in her hand. The chair on the other side was tipped over with empty liquor bottles around it.

I imagined that there was some kind of struggle and her partner attacked her in a drunken rage killed her. But then later I was like oh yeah why would she have the gun? Then I thought maybe she killed him and couldnt live with herself and turned the gun on herself. Only one body though, maybe he left and came back to find her that way..

Maybe she was drunk and alone up there.

The little things like that in the game are so cool and you can tell they put a lot of thought into things like the skeleton placement for sure. I love it.

Mahonay

Banned
I had a combat shotgun with extra projectile and it wouldn't fucking hit anything closer than absolute point blank, pretty much melee range. Switched back to my VATS boosted combat shotgun and even though it does less damage I can actually shoot targets now.

Uriah

So I need help with a bug at the very end of the game that is preventing me from finishing it. End game spoilers ahead:

The Quest is the nuclear option. I'm supposed to be teleported to a place so I can blow up the institute, only I'm not being teleported. I've tried reloading an earlier save and that doesn't work. The bug still happens. Anyone have a clue how to proceed?

Edit:
I think it has to do with the reactor. Even when I place the bomb there it doesn't check as completed and it still shows on my HUD

skyhaven

Neo Member
Got bored with the 'cherry picking' perk aspect of the early game and decided to try an All-1 SPECIAL start.

01.jpg

That 200 year sleep was bad for our hero.
10 levels later in Survival and I got enough PER to pick lock, INT to hack terminal, and wield a mean Freezing 10 mm Pistol.

04.jpg

Still didn't feel right getting pistol damage perk with AGI 1 - hopefully a mod will move the perk around a bit.

johnsmith

remember me
So I started a new game on survival. Not too hard so far, but I've mostly just been fighting raiders. Had to run from a bear though, absolutely could not kill that thing. Completely avoiding recruiting Preston and his shitty friends, doesn't seem like I'll have any issues recruiting anybody else except for Cogsworth, and I have a quest to talk to Valentine, so it'll be interesting to see how far I can get into the story without ever joining the minutemen. And I found my first power armor, there's one really close to santuary, just east of it. Never found this one on my first run. It's not complete though and only T-45.

I really should stop and wait to keep playing until the GECK is out though.

skyhaven

Neo Member
So I started a new game on survival. Not too hard so far, but I've mostly just been fighting raiders. Had to run from a bear though, absolutely could not kill that thing. Completely avoiding recruiting Preston and his shitty friends, doesn't seem like I'll have any issues recruiting anybody else except for Cogsworth, and I have a quest to talk to Valentine, so it'll be interesting to see how far I can get into the story without ever joining the minutemen. And I found my first power armor, there's one really close to santuary, just east of it. Never found this one on my first run. It's not complete though and only T-45.

I really should stop and wait to keep playing until the GECK is out though.

There actually is one more near the main quest area. Just keep an eye for the Military Outposts. If you see abandoned APCs, chances are a PA is nearby.
once brotherhood arrive, I usually just tail a lone knight till he dies to loot his T60 pieces ^_^

Does anyone know a good way of freeing up building space from a settlement?

My castle is full but i'm stuck on 92% and need a few more stores, is there anything i can do or am i just going to have to cull useless items.

xbone btw so can't PC cheat ;)

johnsmith

remember me
Does anyone know a good way of freeing up building space from a settlement?

My castle is full but i'm stuck on 92% and need a few more stores, is there anything i can do or am i just going to have to cull useless items.

xbone btw so can't PC cheat ;)

I heard you could drop items from your inventory and scrap them while they're on the ground and they would free up space, while not actually adding any when you dropped them.

Top Bottom