• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Chitown B

Yes, but despite that it seems the game was designed for you to naturally not side with the institute when you meet them, the "hear them out" dialogue for the most part felt very forced. I basically told them to **** off and immediately became a direct enemy to them with no notification beyond the dialogue. Normally the game will warn you.

yeah but........... use your head.

R0ckman

yeah but........... use your head.

Nah, I'm not complaining about it not giving me a warning, I wanted to become enemies with them, but speaking in general for all players, if players aren't paying clear attention to their selections and are not aware of consequences they may be surprised they can't go back to the institute or change their mind later.

UCBooties

So the other night I did the
Taking Independence
quest...

Quest Spoilers follow:

This quest was terrible. The clearing of the courtyard was fine. The boss fight against the Mirelurk Queen was frustrating but that was mostly on me for not bringing my best equipment. I found the missile launcher and worked out a pattern of keeping out of sight, killing spawns for critical bar, and then launching critical sneak attacks at her spouts. Tedious but still in line with my current build.

My biggest problem with the quest came after I killed the Queen. So you have the boss fight which the climax of the quest... Then you have to go around and tediously clear out all the remaining egg clutches? It took me like 10 minutes to find them all and then the quest done flag still didn't flip so I had to travel away and rest. But anyway... making me go around and finish up boring busy work after a big exciting boss fight is TERRIBLE quest design. Really soured me on the whole quest line.

Side note: the reason I didn't have my heavy equipment with me was that it took me a long time to work my way over to that part of the map and the game would not give me any fast travel points near the quest start. So it was either go through with the quest with what I had or fast travel back and do the whole hike over again. Fuck off with that noise.

goddamnit. All I have is one point in science and I'm level 58. This is gonna take forever.

You also get one for the T-60 if you finish the game with the Brotherhood, but otherwise you'll need to build it. I equipped my X-01 with one to do the final mission, when they presented me with the other one I was like "gee, thanks guys".

guavatin

Banned
After finishing the main story, I'm planning on going back over all my settlments and finally sorting them out.

Love watching Gopher deck out his Santuary so I'm in a good mood for it.

After finishing the main story, I'm planning on going back over all my settlments and finally sorting them out.

Love watching Gopher deck out his Santuary so I'm in a good mood for it.

I decided to leave Sanctuary with my second character. Building up the Red Rocket as my personal base and the Drive-in as a settlement.

R3wCW9v.jpg

It's starting to look pretty cool.

Pakoe

Preston is gonna keep giving me infinite settlement quests huh? There's no end to these, i might as well just skip the one i have and do other quests i think.

Can you get all the faction trophies on one character? I've gotten to molecular level in the main quest and you've gotta
choose a faction to help you
am I fucked if I already picked?

CloudWolf

Can you get all the faction trophies on one character? I've gotten to molecular level in the main quest and you've gotta
choose a faction to help you
am I fucked?

Not unless you reload old saves,
Ad Victoriam is impossible to combine with a bunch of Institute and Railroad quest achievements and The Nuclear Option is impossible to combine with Nuclear Family.

Oh, and you're not fucked yet, you can still side with The Brotherhood even if you didn't choose for them in
The Molecular Level
, though I'm not sure if it's possible to get
Underground Infiltration
if you didn't pick
The Railroad

Not unless you reload old saves,
Ad Victoriam is impossible to combine with a bunch of Institute quest achievements and The Nuclear Option is impossible to combine with Nuclear Family.

Do you know about the others sans
the institute?
Bos and railroad can both still be done? I've already got the minute man ones. Only reason I ask is cause I kept getting radiant quests at the railroad and the bos wanted progression in the main story to continue.

Just saw your edit. Thanks! I'll have to make multiple saves then i suppose.

Do you know about the others sans
the institute?
Bos and railroad can both still be done? I've already got the minute man ones. Only reason I ask is cause I kept getting radiant quests at the railroad and the bos wanted progression in the main story to continue.

Picking one turns the other two hostile.

CloudWolf

Picking one turns the other two hostile.

Not yet in
The Molecular Level
tho. That's only after
Mass Fusion (for the Brotherhood at least, The Railroad only turns hostile the moment you betray them, at least if you go with The Institute and choose The Railroad for The Molecular Level, like I did).

CloudWolf

You can just use a Rad-X or Hazmat Suit for that, though.

Why would you? Rads from swimming are pretty much negligible IMO unless you go for hour-long swims, especially since RadAway is so incredibly common. I pretty much always had a stockpile of 100 RadAway's. Everytime I needed to use one, I would find three more.

Xeteh

Why would you? Rads from swimming are pretty much negligible IMO unless you go for hour-long swims, especially since RadAway is so incredibly common. I pretty much always had a stockpile of 100 RadAway's. Everytime I needed to use one, I would find three more.

Neither are really uncommon, I just would use a Rad-X if I didn't know how long I was going to be under.

Beefy

Strong Back level 4 perk is great.

Also never scrapping pre war money again, it's worth far too much at merchants.

Guy.brush

Haven't played it yet, but the base building has me intrigued.
From what I could gauge in here, no matter what you build though, the AI just spawns randomly close to the settlers when an attack happens?
Bummer if so, this could basically be a nice little turtle up/Tower defense mini game inside of Fallout if the outer walls and turrets would actually be useful.

Beefy

Haven't played it yet, but the base building has me intrigued.
From what I could gauge in here, no matter what you build though, the AI just spawns randomly close to the settlers when an attack happens?
Bummer if so, this could basically be a nice little turtle up/Tower defense mini game inside of Fallout if the outer walls and turrets would actually be useful.

All but one AI spawn outside the settlement.

GhaleonEB

Last night I ran into someone named Art, engaged in a gun battle with an indentical person, also named Art. One had a shotgun, the other a pistol, and they were exchanging fire and changing cover positions across street corners. I wanted to see which Art won so I stayed back and watched them fight. In the middle of it a bear (thingy) jumps out of nowhere in between then and then focused fire to take it down fast. I though they'd brofist, but no, back to shooting each other.

In the end pistol Art won; the range was too much for Art #2's shotty. Figured it was a bug.
The twist was, I plugged Art #1 as he walked away. Turns out he was a synth. At least I avenged Art.

Beefy

Last night I ran into someone named Art, engaged in a gun battle with an indentical person, also named Art. One had a shotgun, the other a pistol, and they were exchanging fire and changing cover positions across street corners. I wanted to see which Art won so I stayed back and watched them fight. In the middle of it a bear (thingy) jumps out of nowhere in between then and then focused fire to take it down fast. I though they'd brofist, but no, back to shooting each other.

In the end pistol Art won; the range was too much for Art #2's shotty. Figured it was a bug.
The twist was, I plugged Art #1 as he walked away. Turns out he was a synth. At least I avenged Art.

Have you met
fake
Preston yet?

Had the same bug. Just keep playing, it will eventually disappear once you get a new quest for that area. I got lucky and mine happened within an hour.

Thank you sir. I just managed to get rid of it. I had a kidnapping quest (same type as bugged but in a different settlement) and it went away. So i assume that a quest in that area or a quest of the same type should resolve the bug.

Citadel

So I finally finished the main storyline. First time in a while where a game hasn't had (in my opinion) a clear-cut "good" option.

What I did:
Even though I wanted to help the Institute, but couldn't bring myself to kill Desdemona and the Railroad, as I had done all of their quests. THEN I felt bad for killing Father and destroying the Institute. Why couldn't I be allied with both? Ugh. Next playthrough, I'll probably try the "Evil Scientist" .. put all my points in INT and PER and actually become the head of the Institute while destroying the other factions, aside from the Minutemen of course.

Now it's kind of like... "what do I do now"... I want to keep playing, but part of me feels like since there's really no end-goal anymore, what's the point? Great game, though. Tons of fun.

Maybe I'll start my next playthrough.

Beefy

Just had my first real annoying bug. I shot a Super Mutant in VATS and he didn't die, he just froze in a weird standing up position with his feet hovering just above the floor. The only thing that moved was his mouth.

You can also talk to them if you catch them before the gunfight.
It only just occurred to me that one of them was a synth, and it was probably the one I left alive.

v0mitg0d

Just had my first real annoying bug. I shot a Super Mutant in VATS and he didn't die, he just froze in a weird standing up position with his feet hovering just above the floor. The only thing that moved was his mouth.

This sounds super- entertaining. Any chance you can post video?

psylah

You can also talk to them if you catch them before the gunfight.
It only just occurred to me that one of them was a synth, and it was probably the one I left alive.

If you kill a synth, you will know since they will have Synth parts on them when you loot them.

Chitown B

Specific question, but does anyone here own two Xbox Ones and sync saves between them?

F4 has a REALLY hard time doing it for me, usually. Probably because I have a ton of saves - but I have really fast internet and it always seems to get stuck at 99% for like 20 minutes.

VinFTW

Is there any reason to keep doing these boring ass BoS quests to retrieve lost tech and clear out places?

Is this how I progress with BoS?

Spyware

This was one of my earliest Random Encounters, tho I arrived in time to talk with them. It begins with
the real Art pointing a weapon at S-Art and both telling you the other one is a synth. You can convince the real one to not shoot with a charisma check which leads to S-Art attacking you both as a thanks you. :p

Top Bottom