• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Bubba T

This game has been out officially for 10 days, and someone on my friends list has already played it for 5 3/4th days (138 hours).

Never met him, but I'm worried about him.

You can fast travel with it, if you've discovered the location earlier obviously.

The PA uses Cores, and will automatically switch to a new one if it's empty. Running and jumping drains the Core pretty fast. Just walking in it doesn't.

Just found out about fast travel, that should help.

Another question: If I lose companion how do I find them? Do they automatically go back to sanctuary?

TheRed

i now have a rank 3 Scrounger perk because my overseer's guardian has like 30 shots and unfortunately that's my best weapon so far, Fallout 4 seems way too stingy with the ammo compared to 3.
I ranked scrounger up to 2 early on when I was struggling but after that have had way too much ammo. Definitely don't need to go to rank 3.

This game has been out officially for 10 days, and someone on my friends list has already played it for 5 3/4th days (138 hours).

VmNKikNl.jpg

lt519

Doesn't rest mode screw up the timer? I'm on over 5 days and most assuredly haven't played it for 120 hours in the past week. Or maybe I have, I've lost track of time.

Bubba T

Doesn't rest mode screw up the timer? I'm on over 5 days and most assuredly haven't played it for 120 hours in the past week. Or maybe I have, I've lost track of time.

Possibly, but watching one of his clips shows him with already 100 hours logged when I watched it on Sunday.

Tsukumo

Thats pretty cool. I could have used that a few times. When Im overencumbered I always just end up throwing back a buffout then fast travelling to my base and slowly walking the rest of the way to my workbench to unload. The vertabird sounds more fun.

There's plenty of that Deer-whatever thing with two heads: once cooked it gives plenty of health and +25 carry weight and it lasts A LOT, much more than buffout.
Another very useful is mongrels meat: they give health and remove 50 rads. Not mindblowing but there's always a pack of those ugly things around, so...

There's plenty of that Deer-whatever thing with two heads: once cooked it gives plenty of health and +25 carry weight and it lasts A LOT, much more than buffout.
Another very useful is mongrels meat: they give health and remove 50 rads. Not mindblowing but there's always a pack of those ugly things around, so...
Ahh cool thanks for the heads up. Good for saving my buffout.

Breads

Banned
94h checking in.

My save says 96 hours 25 minutes. Steam says 109 which is definitely the result of me idling the game while I was living life/ etc. There would be an extra 12 hours to the steam time from when I used a proxy to unlock it early (since offline time isn't counted).

So yeah according to Steam I could have shown over 120 hours myself but it's definitely not how much time I played.

Yeah cooking is really useful - especially early on when you don't have as many stims. Luckily there is a skill book that lets you pull double meat relatively close to the starting point that I found early myself.

Hey ready to hate them more. They are overused, and in certain areas you just get wave after wave of them. Supermutants are the same.

Oh great, like I need more of them swarming. Poor Dogmeat took the brunt of the damage in Lex/Cam.

EDIT: oh and fuck the pipboy bug. It's incredibly obnoxious having to mash my keyboard until I can exit out of it.

alife

Knight Rhys needs to pull the 60 foot power pylon out of his ass. Douche. Anybody get texture bugs when visiting Thicket Excavations while retrieving the haptic drive for Haylen?

And how come I am unable to send Dogmeat and any other companions to Sanctuary Hills? Seems to be the only bug I've encountered so far aside from slow weapon swapping from time to time.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Faction spoilers
I just joined the Brotherhood of Steel. Are there any goodies I'll miss by staying with them?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I ranked scrounger up to 2 early on when I was struggling but after that have had way too much ammo. Definitely don't need to go to rank 3.

I guess i just have too much of the wrong ammo, i have over 1000 rounds of the pipe ammo but i'm extremely famished of fusion cells and rifle rounds which are my best weapons. I think i'm gonna explore for a bit and just try to loot every box that i see.

So this is kind of dumb: I had two models, Mr. Handy and Mr. Gutsy. I was keeping them on my bobblehead table to display them. I walk into my house just now and they've both disappeared. 😕

I really liked the game for the first 40-ish hours but now that love is slowly turning to hatred as I get into the really boring and repetitive quests. I can't seem to find anything that isn't like Quartermaster/Cleaning the Commonwealth/MILA quests. I hope Bethesda learns from The Witcher 3 someday on how to make quests.

El Topo

So this is kind of dumb: I had two models, Mr. Handy and Mr. Gutsy. I was keeping them on my bobblehead table to display them. I walk into my house just now and they've both disappeared.

You know the people for who you built houses and walls and security and fields with food and water pumps and generators? They're assholes.

Olli128

Yeah cooking is really useful - especially early on when you don't have as many stims. Luckily there is a skill book that lets you pull double meat relatively close to the starting point that I found early myself.

Oooh can you give some more info on that skill book - the names enough so I can check the wiki if you dont want to give a detailed answer :)

Lack of sleep and long Fallout sessions sure results in some fucked up dreams.

Told myself I wasn't going to play today, then I check this thread and the draw is irresistible.

abundant

I guess i just have too much of the wrong ammo, i have over 1000 rounds of the pipe ammo but i'm extremely famished of fusion cells and rifle rounds which are my best weapons. I think i'm gonna explore for a bit and just try to loot every box that i see.

Sell any ammo you do not need. Most ammo = 1 cap. Use that money to purchase the ammo you do need.

Breads

Banned
I really liked the game for the first 40-ish hours but now that love is slowly turning to hatred as I get into the really boring and repetitive quests. I can't seem to find anything that isn't like Quartermaster/Cleaning the Commonwealth/MILA quests. I hope Bethesda learns from The Witcher 3 someday on how to make quests.

Radiant quests are basically for resetting spawn points and grinding. Unless I'm mistaken they are all related to factions or settlements so it should be easy to single out and ignore.

Yeah if this is all I was doing I would hate the game too. I only really did them back to back for a few hours as I was grinding my way up through specific perks to make the most out of my Two Shot Gauss Rifle. Beyond that I basically ignore them though I wish I could delete them from my quest list.

Oooh can you give some more info on that skill book - the names enough so I can check the wiki if you dont want to give a detailed answer :)

Wasteland Survival Guide Issue #9: Hunting In The Wastes

BizzyBum

I'm at about 75 hours and I had this whole past week off and it's the only game I've been playing.

That's still a shit ton, but knowing other people have 130+ is still kinda crazy.

N° 2048

52 hours. Haven't left the north west part of the map. Diamond city isn't even in sight right now.

This game is amazing.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
So this is kind of dumb: I had two models, Mr. Handy and Mr. Gutsy. I was keeping them on my bobblehead table to display them. I walk into my house just now and they've both disappeared. 😕

You know the people for who you built houses and walls and security and fields with food and water pumps and generators? They're assholes.

The only answer is to start murdering people and don't stop until the models are found or returned.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit when you get the hang of it building is so fucking fun, omg

as long as you cheat for materials lol

got a huge concrete wall with gates and metal fences all around the drive-in, starting to look like a actual fortress. this is so fucking cool

what was the mod to increase the space to build again?

To anyone who has Fallout 4 and also Tomb Taider and/or Battlefront, help me out. I can only get one.

Which way should I go?

I know this thread is biased probably so I am asking in the other threads as well.

Another question about Nick:

The quest to rescue him, wher you go down to the vault, is there another way to solve that, another then run in tackle all the enemies? It cost me quite a lot of ammo and stim packs with my character? Is there some shortcut, or extra help you can find?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
To anyone who has Fallout 4 and also Tomb Taider and/or Battlefront, help me out. I can only get one.

Which way should I go?

I know this thread is biased probably so I am asking in the other threads as well.

That's a supremely loaded question, friend! I mean, they're such radically different games. It'd help to have an understanding of what you're looking for. Lots of shooting and minute-to-minute gameplay without a framing story outside of what you (probably) already know from three movies? Battlefront's the way to go. A cinematic story that puts characters first while giving you an okay amount of roaming? Rise of the Tomb Raider. A ton of roaming, discovery, and weapons/armor customization? Fallout 4.

And that's just one somewhat arbitrary sentence for each. They're such different games!

Faction spoilers
I just joined the Brotherhood of Steel. Are there any goodies I'll miss by staying with them?

You've got a ways to go before you'll reach a point of no return with the other factions and the game makes it pretty clear when you're about to do a mission that will royally piss someone off.

Hasney

I'm only 20 hours off. Would probably have that beat if I didn't go out a couple of nights.

Anyone notice that things persist through save/loading unless you go back to the menu? Save, set off mines, reload, and the mines are still gone. Was like that with their other games I believe.

Macready spoilers
So he was the kid mayor from Little Lamplight in FO3. I didn't remember the kids names since it's been a while since I played FO3. That's pretty cool, though those Little Lamplight kids were shits lol

That's a supremely loaded question, friend! I mean, they're such radically different games. It'd help to have an understanding of what you're looking for. Lots of shooting and minute-to-minute gameplay without a framing story outside of what you (probably) already know from three movies? Battlefront's the way to go. A cinematic story that puts characters first while giving you an okay amount of roaming? Rise of the Tomb Raider. A ton of roaming, discovery, and weapons/armor customization? Fallout 4.

And that's just one somewhat arbitrary sentence for each. They're such different games!

LOL I know! Here's the breakdown:

I loved Fallout 3, 4 looks to be more of the same, but at this point in my life I only get to play in small or medium chunks. Not the hours long sessions from the Fallout 3 days. So I fear that it is just too much game that I will never get around to.

Battlefront looks, sounds and plays amazing if the final is anything like the beta, but is multiplayer only and I love a good meaty campaign along with my multi. Not to mention it seem a little light on content and a 60 dollar season pass is abhorrent and I don't want to support that. But on the other hand the beta was so damn fun.

Tomb Raider seems the middle option but once the campaign is done it's done. No multi to go to nor more world and side quests to explore a la Fallout.

Dad

Which way should I go?

I don't know how you feel about Bethesda's older games, but if you didn't care for them, I don't think this is going to be the game that changes your mind. Otherwise it's a pretty good refinement of their formula.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
LOL I know! Here's the breakdown:

I loved Fallout 3, 4 looks to be more of the same, but at this point in my life I only get to play in small or medium chunks. Not the hours long sessions from the Fallout 3 days. So I fear that it is just too much game that I will never get around to.

Battlefront looks, sounds and plays amazing if the final is anything like the beta, but is multiplayer only and I love a good meaty campaign along with my multi. Not to mention it seem a little light on content and a 60 dollar season pass is abhorrent and I don't want to support that. But on the other hand the beta was so damn fun.

Tomb Raider seems the middle option but once the campaign is done it's done. No multi to go to nor more world and side quests to explore a la Fallout.

Hmm.

Based on what you've said, I think I'd be most willing to recommend Rise of the Tomb Raider for right now. Fallout 4 is good times, but it can demand a lot of hours out of you. Certainly not a bad thing, but I mean, y'know, for me it's about an hour or so into each session that I really feel like I'm back in the game world. And then another hour rolls by. And then another. And I get distracted. And then I get distracted again. It's like that. It's Bethesda. Maybe wait on it until you have a bit more time, or pick it and peck at it in chunks over the next several months?

Rise of the Tomb Raider, OTOH... I haven't played it myself (I'm on PS4) but everything I've seen and read seems to suggest a very solid 12-15-hour experience. You're right, though. Once it's gone, it's gone. But I think for someone with limited time right now it could prove really rewarding. A meaty-as-heck single player campaign.

Battlefront... I'm right there with you. It does look fun though.

Zukuu

Banned
My biggest gripe about the new dialogue system is really the "Mhhhh" "Aha" "If you say so" remarks when you click forward the dialogue of a NPC. That shit is so irradiating. I like a voice protagonist (at least the idea of one, even tho the dialogue system itself leaves much to be desired), but they should have made him STFU with that stuff.

Bubba T

I'm only 20 hours off. Would probably have that beat if I didn't go out a couple of nights.

So you must of pulled off a few 12 hour sessions in that timespan.

I did that maybe twice (last I remember doing it was Fallout 3 in 2009) and all I could remember was feeling like crap afterwards.

Top Bottom