• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

So this is kind of dumb: I had two models, Mr. Handy and Mr. Gutsy. I was keeping them on my bobblehead table to display them. I walk into my house just now and they've both disappeared. 😕

Try moving your table and seeing if they are underneath. It has happened to me on a few items.

Hasney

So you must of pulled off a few 12 hour sessions in that timespan.

I did that maybe twice (last I remember doing it was Fallout 3 in 2009) and all I could remember was feeling like crap afterwards.

Yeah, over that most of the time, I just lose track of time and these Bethesda games seem to be the only ones that grab me that hard. I luckily feel pretty damn good at least.

Finalow

took me 40 hours to realize that you need to sit in order to ''wait'' and let time pass. I swear some changes they made make no sense and are just stupidly annoying.

meet me on the court if you wanna get dunked on.
giphy.gif
how do you grab the ball

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any way to grab these skeletons in the drive-in (or anyware) and toss them out? :/

took me 40 hours to realize that you need to sit in order to ''wait'' and let time pass. I swear some changes they made make no sense and are just stupidly annoying.
That one actually makes complete sense and it actually gives you a reason to use furniture.

Col.Asher

I Came across a legendary sentry bot and got it down to half health(two shots from a guass rifle). then it mutated...somehow? and the legendary I got from it was a lead pipe that caused bleeding. Nearly every super enemy( death claws and such) I get shit weapons from the legendary's, like a Junkies plank from a death claw. Yet I got a neverending revolver from a legendary bloatfly. What the fuck

Wasp

I didn't realise companions use your consumables if you store it on them. I noticed Preston helping himself to one of my precious Stealth Boys. He's now carrying 20 desk fans as punishment.

El Topo

All the time Piper refuses to use whatever weapon I assign her. Now she just got attacked by a super mutant and suddenly busts out a mini-gun. :D

Ardenyal

All the time Piper refuses to use whatever weapon I assign her. Now she just got attacked by a super mutant and suddenly busts out a mini-gun. :D

You need to give her ammo to go along with the weapon. Companions can pick up ammo off corpses but its not enough to keep them supplied.

Wasp

You need to give her ammo to go along with the weapon. Companions can pick up ammo off corpses but its not enough to keep them supplied.
Not sure if it's true but apparently the weapon the companion came with has infinite ammo for them. Can someone remind me what Preston and Piper's default weapons are because I've lost them.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Are there any side effects to romancing more than one character? I've gotten involved with Piper, and just wanna be prepared in case I ditch her for another female companion...
or Strong!

The behemoths in this game are one hundredth as threatening as they were in 3 and New Vegas because of the verticality of the environments. It's disappointing.

Meanwhile mirelurks went from being a joke to the hugest flaming assholes in the entire wasteland, god damn I hate them.

Can someone remind me what Preston and Piper's default weapons are because I've lost them.

Laser musket and a 10mm.

Zukuu

Banned
Hmm. What kind of damage output are you running? And at what level?
THAT kind of damage...
Tho, with x5.3 sneak modifier and/or critical strikes and/or head shots, even my good ol' combat shotgun (298 damage) and sniper rifle (304 damage) do the job. Sniper Rifle has the "double damage" legendary modifier, the shotgun +25% damage AND +25%limb damage. Haven't found a double damage Gauss Rifle yet, alas it would be literally overkill. I guess it goes into the 800-1000 damage range, if I had one.

The level didn't even matter. From level 12ish onwards I always outdamgaged all enemies, 2shot the mirelurk queen etc. Currently I'm level 54.

SnakeEyes

Banned
LOL, same thing happened to me where she was using the default 10mm pistol and then suddenly starting going HAM with a Minigun during the Trinity Towers quest (
where you find Strong
) because she'd grabbed the gun and the ammo off the boss enemy.

As long as you give them the ammo for the weapon you're assigning them as well, then companions will use whatever weapon you tell them to.

THAT kind of damage...
Now where do you find one of those?!

El Topo

I did. I guess she ran out of ammo at some point and she actually used that weapon until then?

LOL, same thing happened to me where she was using the default 10mm pistol and then suddenly starting going HAM with a Minigun during the Trinity Towers quest (
where you find Strong
) because she'd grabbed the gun and the ammo off the boss enemy.

As long as you give them the ammo for the weapon you're assigning them as well, then companions will use whatever weapon you tell them to.

Same quest for me. Exact same thing.

Zukuu

Banned
Now where do you find one of those?!
I think past level 30 or 40 you find them in shops and on enemies. The normal "Hunting Rifle" with the Double Damage modifier is enough tho. The Combat Hunting Rifle WITH double damage modifier (slightly less damage, but vastly faster fire rate and double mag size), can be bought in
Vault 81
, whenever you reach it.

Wanace

I built the huge water purifier but I don't know how to get the purified water from it? It's not showing up in my workbench and when I activate it the light just switches on and off and the PC says "Seems like it's working."

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alright, I have determined that MacCready's head shot perk is broken. Since I got it I'm getting 95% hit chance on enemies even if they're SUPER far away or behind cover. I mean my two shot rifle and jet pack already kind of broke the game, but this is like legitimate cheating. This has to be a bug, right?

Zukuu

Banned
Alright, I have determined that MacCready's head shot perk is broken. Since I got it I'm getting 95% hit chance on enemies even if they're SUPER far away or behind cover. I mean my two shot rifle and jet pack already kind of broke the game, but this is like legitimate cheating. This has to be a bug, right?

I play Lone Wanderer so I have no clue about companions, what does it do?

Lanrutcon

How does affection work with companions?

I want perks. How to check how close I am to perks. I bet the interface doesn't have anywhere where you can check, cause that would be handy and reasonable.

Brinbe

Oh God I just went through the
Pickman Gallery
... And I was definitely not prepared for all that. Fucking disturbing to say the least. I think that was enough FO for one day.

N° 2048

Should it just show up in my workbench? I'm not sure where I should be looking or doing. I think it's been quite a few in game days already.

Yep workshop inventory at that settlement.

I don't know if I have a bug because mats are only shared in BUILD mode for me. Not when checking the actual bench. So if I have two clocks in Sanctuary then I can use the mats in any connected settlement but I can only see the actual clocks at Sanctuary.

Hasney

Yep workshop inventory at that settlement.

I don't know if I have a bug because mats are only shared in BUILD mode for me. Not when checking the actual bench. So if I have two clocks in Sanctuary then I can use the mats in any connected settlement but I can only see the actual clocks at Sanctuary.

It tells you when they admire and idolise you. Then after talking to them during idolise, it comes up with the perk you get.

Kind of loved how Curie thought the time to tell me she loved me was when a giant robot was nuking synths. Explosions and lasers flying past. HAVE SOME GODDAMN DECORUM, PLEASE.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How do you know when a companion reaches max affinity? It tells you I assume?

How does affection work with companions?

I want perks. How to check how close I am to perks. I bet the interface doesn't have anywhere where you can check, cause that would be handy and reasonable.

After 2-3 conversations, or a personal quest for a companion (it differs for all of them that I've found) the game will say they idolize you and then you will get one final conversation with them and the perk just pops up. There's no way of knowing how close you are, but it does not take very long. I've gotten the perk off like 4 companions so far. Just have someone with you and they will strike up conversations occasionally. It's probably tied to how often the like or dislike something you're doing, but I can't be sure on that as I completely finished MacCready's companion quest and barely ever got any messages that he liked what I was doing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
noooooooo I reached my limit midway through my mansion, but im nowhere near done with it or the rest. Damn you giant wall around my base >_<

I need to ind the mod to get more space, pretty sure my rig can handle it

Hollycat

I'm actually torn to who to support in the main quest.

I actually really like the Institute, I mean the physical thing. I would live there in a heartbeat. I love "sterile, clean and purposeful" living compartments. Robots everywhere to serve me doesn't sound too bad either. And the character I play would be the runner boy on the wasteland every now and then. Sounds like a cool job.

It seems the Railroad is the truly fucked up here. The Institute doesn't take people and replaces them, that is the sole work of the Railroad, who imprints the Synths with artificial memories and places them into our midst, because they believe they are equal to humans. The Institute doesn't even send the Synth into the wasteland, that is also a Railroad supporter within the Institute. It's a good cause done badly, but it seems to me they value synths over actual humans.

The Brotherhood wants to destroy the Synth altogether, which I think would be also a good option, but they want to go a step too far and destroy the institute and everything else that seems like technology and want to keep that to themselves.

I still have to answer what the ultimate goal of "Mankind - Redefined" is. I mean do they want to create a new robo-human species or what? Otherwise, why do they have to look like humans? I don't get it. Why not make them look like Gen 1 models or something. That shouldn't impact their performance the slightest.

He was working for the Institute and knows how to access the Institute base.

The institute does actually send synths out all the time. And they murder people and replace them with synths. You can actually see this happen at one point.
And the institute happy erases the memories of the gen 3 synths, both gen 2's and 3's are sentient, even capable of dreaming. Only gen ones are mere robots
That said, the Railroad's final part
goes too far. They blow up the institutes reactor, killing many innocents and irradiating the wasteland with lethal levels to save a few synths, many of whom were happy with their lot.

Top Bottom