• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

kendrid

Banned
I think that I've hit the wall, after 55h+ played, where I'm starting to hit the wall with this game. I'm at the point in the main quest where
I'm supposed to do the freedom trail quest, to find the Railroad.
. I'm not sure exactly where on the map

How to find RR:
Go to Boston and find the guide robot. From there look for red paint on the ground. You need to follow it for quite a while. At times is stops and restarts so it is a bit of a pain to follow.

Branson

I did the same last night and thought the same thing. I had a lot of fun with the game but the ending was 'um, sure.'

I am going to load an older save and replay another ending.
Yeah that save is a few hours back to me and I'm ok with the choice I made. Time to just explore the rest of the map. I never just picked a direction and went that way to discover stuff in 60 hours. Just quested.

To be honest I'm ready for the creation kit to come out so we can mod the fuck out of it.

My journey with the Railroad went off with an extremely buggy start. When i started Boston After Dark and met with
Old Man Stockton
the entire community of Bunker Hill aggroed when I never attacked any of them. I killed them all with a gatling laser, which was fun but I want to know if they give quests or will harm my reputation with the Railroad. Then when I met
Stockton
after dark he was an essential enemy but the
synth
had normal dialogue - which halted my progress.

Sometimes I doubt, considering half of the quests have bugs that halt your progress unless you use the PC console, that Bethesda has even played through even one game for testing. I'm real upset that Beth considered F4 ready for release in November.

Ricker

Took me forever to find out how to attach a wire on the generator lol...not really found of this building part of the game.

BizzyBum

Found an abandoned house in the Boston commons,
where two holodeck tapes were in the bottom level, and a Glowing One was in a locked attic. After smiting it, I found a third holodeck tape in the same room as it. The tapes told the story of a girl who was a test subject for a drug, and she became the Glowing One. :'(

I love Bethesda.

I feel some of the best locations in the game are the ones not marked on the map.

Takuan

So for the past three nights or so I've been attempting to clear out
my Minutemen and Railroad faction quests to get to the point where you have to pick and choose who to side with.

The problem is, I don't seem to be getting anymore faction quests. All I'm getting is Radiant quests. I've been doing
Randolph drop quests
for RR and I just finished the Minutemen quest where you
build artillery
. What now? I've already reached the "point of no return" portions for the other factions.

I'm just about ready to say fuck it and just beat the game going the BoS and Institute paths.

johnsmith

remember me
my Minutemen and Railroad faction quests to get to the point where you have to pick and choose who to side with.

The problem is, I don't seem to be getting anymore faction quests. All I'm getting is Radiant quests. I've been doing
Randolph drop quests
build artillery
. What now? I've already reached the "point of no return" portions for the other factions.

I'm just about ready to say fuck it and just beat the game going the BoS and Institute paths.

You're never getting there. Railroad is tied to progressing with the
Institute as a double agent
, and Minutemen only advances when you
make an enemy of the institute

I found a note in the wasteland about a special hunting rifle at Federal Ration Stockpile. Spent hours searching the place using the marker that I get from the misc quest, but can't seem to find the rifle. Anybody have a clue?

Randolph drop quests
build artillery

Keep doing institute Missions, until you have to kill Desdemona or spare her and defend the railroad from the BoS, you will have already turned the BoS Hostile in previous institute mission. If you want to go with Minutemen you'll eventually bring down the Prydwen with an Artillery Bombardment. If you go Railroad you'll bring down the Prydwen by sneaking on and destroying it's engines

It's probably too late but here is the path to the Truly good ending that destroys only the institute and has you on good terms with the RR, Minutemen, and BoS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUFEeYdQnVc

How much stuff have you done in Diamond City yet? Doing the quests to find
Nick Valentine
quests will progress the main story and get you away from just killing random mobs and bring you up to
The Molecular Level
. I haven't gone past
The Molecular Level
myself yet, but I've heard that part of that quests progression is to meet the Railroad.

I've done that quest. Which was really just another "dungeon" to clear.

And now it feels like all I find are mutant/goals/gunner nests, if I progress further in the city.

bjork

Does anything ever come of the gift you get from
saving Pickman from the raiders? I went and searched the painting, and there's a knife and a note that says "thanks, killer." Seems like it could have some followup if you have the knife on you, like maybe someone thinks you're Pickman.

Also, re: the minutemen missions:
apparently when you keep getting them, the way to keep Preston from giving you another mission is to simply walk away after you turn one in, before he goes "I got another thing for you to investigate" or whatever. You can still take them from him later, but at least it removes it from your quest log.

I just found out that there are 4 more companions I don't have yet. Time to get them.
Because right now I'm trying to get Strong's perk. Fuck you Strong

Watevaman

I feel like a damn superhero in my Mk.VI X-01 suit with my explosive automatic 10mm.

fallout4_2015_12_16_17_25_51_11_by_watevaman-d9kf9hg.png

sigh I just found a exploding .44 Magnum... And my character specializes only in automatic weapons... Dammit Cricket where are you?! Where are my exploding automatic weapons at?!

Disxo

Oh god the ending
cutscene:

Has to be the worst one in the saga, its just a dumb series narration and you have no clue of what happened to the world or your consequences for your actions like the previous games.
So bad geez...for a pretty good game.

Oh god the ending
cutscene:

Has to be the worst one in the saga, its just a dumb series narration and you have no clue of what happened to the world or your consequences for your actions like the previous games.
So bad geez...for a pretty good game.

Yup, I'm fully expecting a Broken Steel style expansion within the coming months. Hopefully they expand how much influence the factions have and actually add in some decisions that fully impact the Commonwealth.

Maybe have The Enclave show up too.

Olli128

The max happiness trophy is driving me insane, I have 17 settlers, 15 clinics and 2 on food yet my happiness is stuck at 90, even though it was somehow at 92 when I had less clinics and settlers. Spectacle Island if that makes any difference, any ideas?

Watevaman

Yup, I'm fully expecting a Broken Steel style expansion within the coming months. Hopefully they expand how much influence the factions have and actually add in some decisions that fully impact the Commonwealth.

Maybe have The Enclave show up too.

I hope this happens, I want some Tesla armor.

The max happiness trophy is driving me insane, I have 17 settlers, 15 clinics and 2 on food yet my happiness is stuck at 90, even though it was somehow at 92 when I had less clinics and settlers. Spectacle Island if that makes any difference, any ideas?

lots of defense? Paintings plastered over all walls?

That and don't leave till the trophy pops.

Takuan

Re: companions, is maxing out affinity supposed to happen super-fast? I finally ditched Valentine for McCready, and I think I've already finished McCready's companion quest (
unless killing off the two Gunners who were originally harassing him wasn't it
). I then ditched him for
the Courser
, but he seems pretty neutral to my presence.

Another thing: when I had Nick as a companion, whatever I made him equipped "stuck" and he would use that weapon all the time. However, I've noticed with the other guys they switch back to their default weapons whenever combat is triggered. Is this a relationship thing, a bug, or are you just not allowed to equip
Limitless Potential
on companions?

Keep doing institute Missions, until you have to kill Desdemona or spare her and defend the railroad from the BoS, you will have already turned the BoS Hostile in previous institute mission. If you want to go with Minutemen you'll eventually bring down the Prydwen with an Artillery Bombardment. If you go Railroad you'll bring down the Prydwen by sneaking on and destroying it's engines

It's probably too late but here is the path to the Truly good ending that destroys only the institute and has you on good terms with the RR, Minutemen, and BoS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUFEeYdQnVc

Ah, I didn't realize I had to choose between the two in order to progress the RR and Minutemen quest lines. I think I'll go with the Institute, I really want that paint job and the BoS seem to puritan for my liking. Thanks for the tips.

Re: companions, is maxing out affinity supposed to happen super-fast? I finally ditched Valentine for McCready, and I think I've already finished McCready's companion quest (
unless killing off the two Gunners who were originally harassing him wasn't it
). I then ditched him for
the Courser
, but he seems pretty neutral to my presence.

Another thing: when I had Nick as a companion, whatever I made him equipped "stuck" and he would use that weapon all the time. However, I've noticed with the other guys they switch back to their default weapons whenever combat is triggered. Is this a relationship thing, a bug, or are you just not allowed to equip
Limitless Potential
on companions?

If you give companions a weapon they need ammo too, so maybe that's why they switch back?

McCready
Has another personal quest after that one
, hey likes it when you steal.

Takuan

If you give companions a weapon they need ammo too, so maybe that's why they switch back?

McCready
Has another personal quest after that one
, hey likes it when you steal.

But
Limitless Potential has an infinite clip

K, maybe I'll go back to McCready then. I noticed he likes that - I like it too, so yay!

But
Limitless Potential has an infinite clip

K, maybe I'll go back to McCready then. I noticed he likes that - I like it too, so yay!

That doesn't mean what you think it does. Essentially the clip is all the ammo you have of that weapon, so you never have to reload. It does not mean that weapon has infinite ammo.

@Takuan, MacCready will give you a toy soldier when he is at max affinity.

It goes from no affinity to admires you and ends at looks up to you. 1000pts is the max level, doing different things can award points at +15 (Curie likes that) or +30 (Curie loved that). They can also be lowered and turn into negative values but I don't dare do that.

Affinity will be gained naturally while traveling with companions. But doing certain actions will elevate their affinity. Some are abuseable and others are not.

Also:

New Vendor glitch.

Be warned that it is not as effective as the first vendor glitch.

i did it with 6 settlers at oberland station.

140 defense
5 tier 3 clinics
1 settler on food
paintings everywhere and a jukebox

ZSjlBUQ.jpg

Funny how the last bobblehead i find is the one for luck.

psylah

I feel like a damn superhero in my Mk.VI X-01 suit with my explosive automatic 10mm.

Explosive weapons are OP. I have a shotgun and pumped the difficult up to V. Hard, and it still chews through anything. Legendaries die without me having to reload.

Alpende

I'm at 99% happiness. Stupid ass trophy

Yussss. Got it finally at the Croup Manor.

6 people
6 food
9 water
0 power
65 defense
11 beds
Filled up size bar

Plastered my entire settlement with paintings and some statues.

Back to adventuring!

Amory

My game broke somehow.

At one point fairly late in the game, every headshot in VATS turned to a 95% hit chance, with every gun, regardless of distance.

So now even big enemies are super easy to kill with a few shots with the magnum revolver.

Anyway, I completed the game and saw 2 endings (Siding with the Railroad and Institute). Both endings were meh. The story overall was underwhelming, tbh. But I played the game for like 60 hours in my first playthrough so they did something right.

Once I had finished the main story i finally discovered the Silver Shroud questline. Honestly it ended up being my favorite questline in the game. So awesome.
my female character speaking dialogue as the silver shroud was hilarious

My game broke somehow.

At one point fairly late in the game, every headshot in VATS turned to a 95% hit chance, with every gun, regardless of distance.

So now even big enemies are super easy to kill with a few shots with the magnum revolver.

Anyway, I completed the game and saw 2 endings (Siding with the Railroad and Institute). Both endings were meh. The story overall was underwhelming, tbh. But I played the game for like 60 hours in my first playthrough so they did something right.

Once I had finished the main story i finally discovered the Silver Shroud questline. Honestly it ended up being my favorite questline in the game. So awesome.
my female character speaking dialogue as the silver shroud was hilarious

Guessing you got MacCready's loyalty perk? :p

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
So I have pretty godawful bandwidth that would take around several days of downloading to finish what I hear is a 20GB download even if you have the retail physical version (the retail disc only has ~5 of 25GB??). I just got my retail copy in the mail today, but I already lent a flash drive to a friend to do a Steam backup of his already downloaded version of so I can use it to do a restore on my system. That should work right? And given that the install would take multiple days to finish, probably best to not start downloading any of it since the restore would just overwrite any of what I do download in the next day?

Watevaman

So I have pretty godawful bandwidth that would take around several days of downloading to finish what I hear is a 20GB download even if you have the retail physical version (the retail disc only has ~5 of 25GB??). I just got my retail copy in the mail today, but I already lent a flash drive to a friend to do a Steam backup of his already downloaded version of so I can use it to do a restore on my system. That should work right? And given that the install would take multiple days to finish, probably best to not start downloading any of it since the restore would just overwrite any of what I do download in the next day?

Yeah, a Steam backup will work. I had to do the same thing.

7n1SAOM.jpg

I do so love building stuff. Only problem is I've spent so much time building up other settlements that I've neglected Sanctuary on this playthrough. :lol

I wish they'd just let us put elevators though.

7n1SAOM.jpg

I do so love building stuff. Only problem is I've spent so much time building up other settlements that I've neglected Sanctuary on this playthrough. :lol

I wish they'd just let us put elevators though.

Too bad you ain't on pc, bruh. There's a mod for craftable elevators up to six floors high.

Top Bottom