• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Tom Penny

Nothing but game breaking bugs in this game. I can't play 25% of the time. I can't even enter Cambridge without it crashing on the Nuclear Option. Bethesda is a joke.

You must be high level? I only got the low level mirelurks when doing that. Definitely no kings.

Not really, only level 25 which is why I was so surprised. I'm playing on very hard, so maybe that tipped the odds against me.

I managed to take them out by luring them to the Child of Atom stronghold near the lighthouse. They had MKVII turrets and nuke mines which destroyed them rather easily.

Whoever brought up that laser turrets are a bitch..... You are so fucking correct. Those things wreck face no matter what level you are and what difficulty you are playing on ;_;

The explosive turrets also wreck face....

Alpende

I'm nearing the end of my time with Fallout 4 so I put together a little montage last night. No spoilers.
http://youtu.be/MWb9sAk4O38

Haha, the moment around 1:30. Frantically clicking buttons to save yourself.

I think I'm done with the game. If the time played is correct on PS4 I've put in around 200 hours + some wasted hours in order to get the Benvolent Leader trophy. I might buy DLC if it's good. After this, Batman and The Witcher I'm done with huge open world games for the time being.

I can't get out of Fort Hagen...I had heard about elevator bugs but it doesn't look like there's any other way for me to get out. There's a door on the opposite end of the hall from the elevator that has stairs behind it, but it's closed.....

I don't know what I'm supposed to do beyond playing through the whole fucking thing again and hoping for the best (unless there's some hidden way I'm missing)

Alpende

I can't get out of Fort Hagen...I had heard about elevator bugs but it doesn't look like there's any other way for me to get out. There's a door on the opposite end of the hall from the elevator that has stairs behind it, but it's closed.....

I don't know what I'm supposed to do beyond playing through the whole fucking thing again and hoping for the best (unless there's some hidden way I'm missing)

Can you load a previous autosave? I believe the game stores 3 or something but not too sure about that.

Can you load a previous autosave? I believe the game stores 3 or something but not too sure about that.
I have autosaves and quicksaves. I can walk around the building but it seems like the only way out is the elevator, and every time I try it it's just permanently going up

EDIT: All autosaves are in Fort Hagen. My only chance is 1 of them which I believe is before the confrontation with
Kellogg
. If I can't backtrack and get the elevator to work from there, my game is ruined lol. GOTY

MattyG

Banned
So I'm going to finally try to wrap up the main quest today. I know that
there's multiple endings
, so I have a couple questions. 1)
Should I save before the point of no return and reload once I finish? I hate doing that, because it feels kind of cheap, but I also don't want to get locked out of a ton of content (even though I'm going to do multiple playthroughs).

And 2) if I shouldn't reload the save, which faction should I side with. I'm thinking the Railroad (no spoilers, though, please!)

thenexus6

So I'm going to finally try to wrap up the main quest today. I know that
there's multiple endings
, so I have a couple questions. 1)
Should I save before the point of no return and reload once I finish? I hate doing that, because it feels kind of cheap, but I also don't want to get locked out of a ton of content (even though I'm going to do multiple playthroughs).

And 2) if I shouldn't reload the save, which faction should I side with. I'm thinking the Railroad (no spoilers, though, please!)

I made a couple of saves before points of no return. Did the ending and reloaded to finish them all off

Any other console players seen this bug yet?

After running Mass Fusion, a phantom BoS enemy NPC spawned on the roof of the transmitter in the castle. He can not be killed, and seems to have no AI attached to him. He just stands there in a animation loop, unable to be killed. But he does Argo everyone in my main settlement and does not allow me to start Defending The Castle.

CWmTNPSWcAEdEyU.jpg:medium

Worst is I only have a save prior where Dance no longer talks to me because I've completed Mass Fusion, and I didn't have his perk yet.

I guess I can work off that save and hope they fix Dance as a End Game companion. Probably more likely than fixing this weird one off.
Go into build mode and try entombing him in a stacked Concrete foundation.

hunchback

I finally made it to the Corvega plant. There is so much stuff to collect in there. I think I could make 4 trips and not have everything.

Replicant

HOLY FUCK @ the Battle to save the Warwick family. And it's not even a main or optional mission. It's one of those settlement help thing.

But JFC! How many Super Mutant Leaders did they crammed in there? And all have Minigun to boot. I wasted at least 4 Mini Nuke on them. Still even after all that, 2 of the ranch hands are dead. At least the Warwicks are still alive. Will be installing more turrets and I'll wipe out the entire fucker population of Super Mutants.

You know what? The Brotherhood are right. They are ferals that need to be put down. Fuck them!

Cess007

I was doing one of the late Railroad story mission when...

The Brotherhood of Steel killed Glory! Those fuckers! I didn't even liked the BoS but then they killed her? Oh hell no, those guys are going down!

Holy shit, I made it out of Fort Hagen and saved my save file!

Thankfully I had a save from before the K
ellogg
confrontation so the stairway was still open. Exited, made a save, and tried again. Ran into the same bug with Piper again. Reloaded, got Nick. Said "let's go" and went in, same bug. Tried again, said "meet you there", waited for him to go in the elevator, and it finally worked. Jesus Christ

HOLY FUCK @ the Battle to save the Warwick family. And it's not even a main or optional mission. It's one of those settlement help thing.

But JFC! How many Super Mutant Leaders did they crammed in there? And all have Minigun to boot. I wasted at least 4 Mini Nuke on them. Still even after all that, 2 of the ranch hands are dead. At least the Warwicks are still alive. Will be installing more turrets and I'll wipe out the entire fucker population of Super Mutants.

You know what? The Brotherhood are right. They are ferals that need to be put down. Fuck them!

The best defense for settlements is to arm your settlers to the teeth. All those miniguns that got dropped by the super mutants give'm to your settlers. I for one am not opposed to using the item duplication glitch to give settlers the best equipment and weapons. All my settlers have mk 5 Ballistic Weave Army Fatigues, Mk 5 Ballistic Weave Caps (the type of cap determines what job i've assigned the settler), Heavy Nanofiliment Chest and Leg Synth Armor, and Heavy Polymer Arm Combat Armor Giving my settlers a Ballistic Resistance of 395, Energy Resistance of 417, and radiation resistance of 55 cuz all the pieces are lead lined. They're also all equipped with Miniguns.

Alpende

ellogg
confrontation so the stairway was still open. Exited, made a save, and tried again. Ran into the same bug with Piper again. Reloaded, got Nick. Said "let's go" and went in, same bug. Tried again, said "meet you there", waited for him to go in the elevator, and it finally worked. Jesus Christ

Good for you man. Losing saves and your progression sucks big time, especially in a game like this.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I've started tinkering around with settlements and have read a few guides, but I'm still getting confused on the whole electricity thing. I've got a medium generator outside in Sanctuary powering a beacon and a siren; those work fine. I've started building my first new house, but I can't seem to figure out how to route power inside from the same generator to power some lights. I thought maybe running a line from the generator to a conduit outside the house might give me something on the other side of the wall, but it doesn't. Do I need to have a generator inside the house instead? (And if so, that means any house with interior lighting would need its own generator?)

Alpende

You can use the conduits inside your hose in order to power stuff. You don't have to have a generator inside your house. Just use one entrance point in your house for your wire and then use conduits to draw wires throughout your house.

DarthWoo

You can use the conduits inside your hose in order to power stuff. You don't have to have a generator inside your house. Just use one entrance point in your house for your wire and then use conduits to draw wires throughout your house.

Does that mean I have to leave an empty wall somewhere?

DarthWoo

Now for some more basic questions:

I'm still pretty early on, but so far it seems like all the weapons I'm finding are rather poor. My 10mm from the Vault was working pretty well, but even with the ammo finding perk, I've quickly run out of bullets. The pipe pistols are just terrible in comparison, but I suppose at least raiders are practically sweating them. Is there somewhere I should be going to look for something a bit better? (So far I've gotten as far as unlocking
Tenpine Bluffs and Drive-In, per Preston's quests, haven't visited Diamond City yet.
)

It doesn't reflect poorly on my character to the world if I don't defend the settlements that I have no interest in yet but have unlocked due to quests, will it?

Should I build a wall around the entirety of settlements, (e.g., all around Sanctuary except for the bridges which will be covered by turrets) or will a high enough defense rating alone always dissuade raids?

Mahonay

Banned
Now for some more basic questions:

I'm still pretty early on, but so far it seems like all the weapons I'm finding are rather poor. My 10mm from the Vault was working pretty well, but even with the ammo finding perk, I've quickly run out of bullets. The pipe pistols are just terrible in comparison, but I suppose at least raiders are practically sweating them. Is there somewhere I should be going to look for something a bit better? (So far I've gotten as far as unlocking
Tenpine Bluffs and Drive-In, per Preston's quests, haven't visited Diamond City yet.
)

It doesn't reflect poorly on my character to the world if I don't defend the settlements that I have no interest in yet but have unlocked due to quests, will it?

Should I build a wall around the entirety of settlements, (e.g., all around Sanctuary except for the bridges which will be covered by turrets) or will a high enough defense rating alone always dissuade raids?
Make sure to dig through all containers you run into for any chance of ammo or better weapons. You shouldn't be too short on ammo most times. You can assign points in the Scrapper perk to increase how much ammo you find. Vendors have ammo as well if you'd like to buy some.

Also if you want to beef up the weapons you do have, the Gun Nut perk will let you upgrade them.

The base building portion part of the game is 100 percent optional outside of the parts it forces you to do. I found it pretty entertaining once I figured out how everything works, but it's pretty meaningless for the most part. I have a wall around the center section of Sanctuary, multiple turrets and guard towers on both sides, and a smaller wall/entrance with turrets at the bridge. Raiders don't seem to ever attack now.

DarthWoo

The really annoying thing I've found in my wandering so far is the Mirelurks. Even when I manage to get mostly headshots on them, it eats up around 30 or more of my .38 ammo.

Watevaman

The really annoying thing I've found in my wandering so far is the Mirelurks. Even when I manage to get mostly headshots on them, it eats up around 30 or more of my .38 ammo.

It'll get better. For comparison, I wandered into a Mirelurk around level 10 once and used up tons of Stimpaks and a bunch of ammo taking it out. Now I'm at the point where a Mirelurk will die in one shot.

Replicant

The best defense for settlements is to arm your settlers to the teeth. All those miniguns that got dropped by the super mutants give'm to your settlers. I for one am not opposed to using the item duplication glitch to give settlers the best equipment and weapons. All my settlers have mk 5 Ballistic Weave Army Fatigues, Mk 5 Ballistic Weave Caps (the type of cap determines what job i've assigned the settler), Heavy Nanofiliment Chest and Leg Synth Armor, and Heavy Polymer Arm Combat Armor Giving my settlers a Ballistic Resistance of 395, Energy Resistance of 417, and radiation resistance of 55 cuz all the pieces are lead lined. They're also all equipped with Miniguns.

Well, it looks like I may have to do a Back to The Future shit due to me messing up doing certain mission first before the other.

Major SPOILER alert but also Public Service Announcement:

Doing "Reunion" before "The Lost Patrol" will make "The Lost Patrol" unable to be completed until after "Show No Mercy". This will be fine if you just want to do normal gameplay. But if you want to ensure that Railroad, BoS, and Minutemen in peace with one another at the end of the game, you can't proceed with "Show no Mercy" and therefore can't complete "The Lost Patrol". This is why they tell you to complete all BoS recon team missions first before doing "Reunion". Because by the time you start "Reunion", all hell breaks lose and Brotherhood descent into Boston.

So this time around, I'll do this right. I'll set up those turrets, arm those settlers, and save those poor ranch hands. I'll make sure there's no more casualty except on the part of those hypocritical Super Mutant fuckers. "Why do you humans always pick fight!" - Well, assholes, that's because you're invading other people's property and attempted to kill people including children!

Romanced
Curie
and
Piper

Now back to Lone Wanderer perk + Dogmeat.

Keeping the girls at different settlements to use them for the sex perk (+15% bonus Exp instead of 10% for Well Rested) whenever I need to do stuff in that region :p

Might romance also
Cait
to cover more ground.

Still wearing my wedding ring though!

I made Piper wear the wedding ring I took off my dead wife. I was hoping there would be some sort of easter egg for doing that but nah.. lol

Same. I took Piper back to the Vault and gave her the ring in front of Nora. I assumed that there would at least be kind of dialogue about it, or maybe she would suggest that Codsworth officiate the marriage.

neoism

ellogg

what quest is this please??

Griss

Any help with a bug? Quest is 'The Molecular Level'.

Spoilers: I've put together
this huge teleporter
, and the game is telling me
to stand on it
and use it, but I get stuck in an endless dialogue loop with
Desdemona
instead.
She tells me about the Patriot, gets to the end of her speech, I say 'sure I'll find him', then she says 'Tom, status report', but Tom isn't there so she just starts the whole thing over again.
I've been through this loop 5 times on Friday and now 5 times tonight, and this is feeling like a game breaking bug.

Is there
any other way into the Institute?
If this is the end of the 60 hours I've put into this underwhelming game then maybe it'll be a fucking relief, this kind of bug is bullshit.

Replicant

what quest is this please??

Reunion. It's known to be buggy. You'll also find that if you tell Dogmeat to return to one of the Settlement, he'll get stuck there. Same if you try to quick travel from Fort Hagen to anywhere else with him. The only way to get him unstuck is to take him with you during the mission and finish it off with him. OR come back to pick him up after the mission.

Finally got to level 41 and got a jetpack. Haven't finished Molecular Level yet. All of my future points will go into Agility to increase the AP I have and thus increase my flight time. It's freaking awesome.

Just spent like 5-6 hours building a floating hotel at the Castle and it's still not done :D

Going to have every little detail sorted out such as the direction the floors are going and the direction each conduit is facing.

This just makes me wish for a new Dark Cloud now lol.

ok... beat the game and have just been exploring. anyone else doing this after beating the game? any sites with easter egg locations or anything?

Spyware

The Christmas stuff has been in since launch. You get out of the vault October 23rd and if you visit Diamond City during in-game Christmas week it will look like that.
At least that's what been said by others the whole time, I've never gotten to Diamond City myself yet :p

Top Bottom