• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

AColdDay

Hey, how do you move settlers to new settlements? I know how to set up supply lines but I haven't seen an option to just move people to different places. I want a butler for my Hangman's Alley superhero lair...

joecanada

If you set up a supply line to your achievement settlement, make sure you don't use a settler from that settlement. Connect by making a supply line at another settlement instead.

ehhhh, I just thought of something is there actually a way to check or modify your supply lines apart from the old map thing of course... I mean if I wanted to change one how would I do this?

Weird bug with a partner. When the heli landed after
blowing up the Brotherhood zeppelin
, Piper was like this, just lying around outside, not moving. Then I teleported to the railroad hq, just the same, lol.

I had the same issue with Cait, though everything went back to normal after I left the area. It was pretty funny, though. I heard her voice but I couldn't see her at first. She was just lying on her back, but other than that, I could still talk to her and trade inventory items.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That little Maxon brat grew up to run a pretty fascistic operation. Genocide, xenophobia, military first response, the works.

*googles* Oh wow he was in Fallout 3 as a kid, had no idea.

I'm done with the main quest now, loved it. I wasn't feeling the game at first because the déjà vu factor was a bit too strong, but the main quest sets the game apart. And I don't remember who mentioned it, but the Wasteland in this game does feel more varied. My favorite structure was probably the capsized boat that has an entire shantytown built on it.

c7VVPho.jpg

Could anyone list some recommended side quests to do now? Not planning on adding another 20 hours, but I'm thinking of finding the bobbleheads and doing some of the best sidequests. I've already got the Silver Shroud gear, but I still have to activate the quest proper.

joecanada

*googles* Oh wow he was in Fallout 3 as a kid, had no idea.

I'm done with the main quest now, loved it. I wasn't feeling the game at first because the déjà vu factor was a bit too strong, but the main quest sets the game apart. And I don't remember who mentioned it, but the Wasteland in this game does feel more varied. My favorite structure was probably the capsized boat that has an entire shantytown built on it.

Could anyone list some recommended side quests to do now? Not planning on adding another 20 hours, but I'm thinking of finding the bobbleheads and doing some of the best sidequests. I've already got the Silver Shroud gear, but I still have to activate the quest proper.

I like the robot pirates quest. LOL . sail me to the moon!

psylah

It's a shame there's only one BOS Officer's Uniform that you can steal, I'd love for me and Cait to roll in matching black catsuits.

ehhhh, I just thought of something is there actually a way to check or modify your supply lines apart from the old map thing of course... I mean if I wanted to change one how would I do this?

I'd like to know this as well I'm stuck at 83% with 18 people(cant seem to pull anymore in and it wont let me send anyone to Sanctuary), 42 food, 48 water, 50 power, 106 defense, and 40 beds. Size is nearly maxed out

Faenix1

So me using a settler from Santuary for supply route might screw me out of 100% at my main settlement? Lame. Take me ages to find the guy that is the santuary supply route guy.

Hey, how do you move settlers to new settlements? I know how to set up supply lines but I haven't seen an option to just move people to different places. I want a butler for my Hangman's Alley superhero lair...

Same way you make supply routes.

While in build mode hit Square - and X if I recall right on X1 - for the "Move" option.

a few questions:

1. does preston garvey supply you with an infinite amount of quests to help folks and set up new locations or will it eventually end?

2. where can I find more magazine racks? My current is full

3. I beat the game and am trying to discover everything. there is no new+ mode, right? im level 46 atm

4. how do I exactly set up supply lines? I just got the perk

5. Is there a way to autoscrap all junk items all at once, at a location

6. any way to remove the crappy looking default houses at sanctuary and replace them with newer looking ones?

7. Do enemies respawn, ever? If I kill all of them, the world theoretically can be monster free?

oh shit! Finch Farm is actually an amazing settlement spot because you can build all the way up to the highway area and then build on the broken highway which has no entry points except for your stairway up to it.

if only you could make elevator platform things like what you see on some raider/super mutant bases

johnsmith

remember me
a few questions:

1. does preston garvey supply you with an infinite amount of quests to help folks and set up new locations or will it eventually end?

2. where can I find more magazine racks? My current is full

3. I beat the game and am trying to discover everything. there is no new+ mode, right? im level 46 atm

4. how do I exactly set up supply lines? I just got the perk

5. Is there a way to autoscrap all junk items all at once, at a location

6. any way to remove the crappy looking default houses at sanctuary and replace them with newer looking ones?

7. Do enemies respawn, ever? If I kill all of them, the world theoretically can be monster free?

1. They never end.

2. You can build more of them in any settlement.

3. No new game +, but as you already discovered you can keep playing after finishing the main quest.

4. Enter build mode, select a settler and press the associated button, varies depending on the system, but you'll see it at the bottom of the screen, then choose the settlement you want to link up. Any settlement will be linked to every other settlement in the chain.

5. No need. Items will be scrapped automatically as needed to craft.

6. No, only the fully collapsed ones.

7. Enemies constantly respawn and areas that were once cleared will be filled with enemies again eventually. Plus any new radiant quest will automatically populate the target area.

Replicant

I'm starting to suspect that we shouldn't have bothered with doing full settlement part of the game until after the end game. Because there's nothing more annoying than getting a notification that your settlement is under attack while halfway through a mission.

One of you built a massive platform above The Castle. When your settlement gets attackes, do any enemies spawn up there?

All I know is that enemies never spawn inside my Red Rocket gated apartment. They always spawn outside. I think if you know their spawning area, you can effectively gated your settlement and let the turrets do their work.

v0mitg0d

Are buildings settlements useless? What is the point? Is it worth it? What do you get?

I looked online and that is the impression I am getting. I am 25 hours in and have a few settlements but I absolutely did zero in terms of managing and building them. The game did a horrible job in showing me the capabilities of settlements that I just forgot about them and moved on.

Yes, once you unlock stores settlers can get scrap/money for you.

Here's a good settlement/workshop primer guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEYty7x6BME&index=2&list=PLUeP4wqAXXLAPtA87Yx1JEi9Mn7H57Rnd

Also, you'll want to set up Supply Lines. guide here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nmuIS6wnFo&index=9&list=PLUeP4wqAXXLAPtA87Yx1JEi9Mn7H57Rnd

Beefy

I'm starting to suspect that we shouldn't have bothered with doing full settlement part of the game until after the end game. Because there's nothing more annoying than getting a notification that your settlement is under attack while halfway through a mission.

All I know is that enemies never spawn inside my Red Rocket gated apartment. They always spawn outside. I think if you know their spawning area, you can effectively gated your settlement and let the turrets do their work.

I have raiders spawning in walls in one of my settlements.

Juraash

So I have a really dumb/simple question since I haven't played this at all yet.

Does this game fall in line with nearly all modern Bethesda games that let you continue playing even if the main story is done?

johnsmith

remember me
Damn it, had trader rylee for a while, and now she's disappeared. They better fix this level 4 vendor bug soon. So annoying.

Also this is amazing, and I thought avoiding Preston was impressive, this guy doesn't meet Codsworth until the game is nearly over. Surprised they actually bothered to write and record for this.
huge spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKZV53F6EWc

Plasma

Banned
Weird bug with a partner. When the heli landed after
blowing up the Brotherhood zeppelin
, Piper was like this, just lying around outside, not moving. Then I teleported to the railroad hq, just the same, lol.

Nearing the endgame and I have to say the main quest here blows F3's out of the water. I went the Railroad and I'm happy with that choice. Maxed out my relationship with Piper as well.

Piper go home you're drunk.

I just heard Danse shout 'REMEMBER THE CITADEL' during combat, lol. Nice System Shock reference.

Damn it, had trader rylee for a while, and now she's disappeared. They better fix this level 4 vendor bug soon. So annoying.

Also this is amazing, and I thought avoiding Preston was impressive, this guy doesn't meet Codsworth until the game is nearly over. Surprised they actually bothered to write and record for this.
huge spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKZV53F6EWc

That's fantastic. Nice attention to detail. Though Curie and Codsworth immediately acting like they know eachother afterwards kinda screwed it up. :lol

televator

I really wish Preston would shut his goddamn mouth about settlements in trouble. Settlement missions are the worst. Procedurally generated, you don't have an option whether to take them on, and they have a time limit.

JoeNut

So i finished the main quest with the faction
institute

Don't click below if you don't want to know how it ends with the above faction
i was a bit disappointed with the end scene, it just basically said things should be better now blah blah, but didn't really give me any consequences for my actions, i was expecting it to say that the synths went on to take over the world and humans were wiped out or something dramatic, but basically you just carry on as before

Not sure whether i should start a new character, and do a different faction, or carry on with my current one for a while, i've not found any amazing power armour or particularly amazing weapons, and i've gone int build with a lot of charisma.
Kind of want to carry on and do a few things, but i'm also wanting to do a new build with 9 luck and heavy weapons focus, hmm

Doc_Drop

Not sure whether i should start a new character, and do a different faction, or carry on with my current one for a while, i've not found any amazing power armour or particularly amazing weapons, and i've gone int build with a lot of charisma.
Kind of want to carry on and do a few things, but i'm also wanting to do a new build with 9 luck and heavy weapons focus, hmm

It's a difficult choice, I have a few different character builds which is fun and also they're doing different factions. On the other hand, getting to a high level spawns tougher mobs enemies which is also fun. Plus, depending on your level, a lot of high level gear or perks may or may not be available which are definitely fun.

As soon as I got to specific point in the story I started a new character, I felt like I didn't like what I had created and started from scratch and came out with a much better build.

I will say there are few things that will happen after the main story is over side-quest-wise so it really does make it a tough choice

So uhm I think I completed McCreadys Quest. Do I still need to do more to get his perk?
Also is his perk still bugged (I heard that it gives you more advantages that it actually should)

JoeNut

It's a difficult choice, I have a few different character builds which is fun and also they're doing different factions. On the other hand, getting to a high level spawns tougher mobs enemies which is also fun. Plus, depending on your level, a lot of high level gear or perks may or may not be available which are definitely fun.

As soon as I got to specific point in the story I started a new character, I felt like I didn't like what I had created and started from scratch and came out with a much better build.

I will say there are few things that will happen after the main story is over side-quest-wise so it really does make it a tough choice

Yeah i suppose i forgot that i can have 2 characters, maybe i can start again but still go back to my higher level (35) person every now and again.

Doc_Drop

Yeah i suppose i forgot that i can have 2 characters, maybe i can start again but still go back to my higher level (35) person every now and again.

The enemy spawns can get more entertaining past level 50-60 as their are a few variations you have not met yet. I haven't got anyone levelled past that point as yet and judging from the Strategy Guide there are still higher level enemies I've yet to come across

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
So uhm I think I completed McCreadys Quest. Do I still need to do more to get his perk?
Also is his perk still bugged (I heard that it gives you more advantages that it actually should)

You will get his perk when he hands you a figurine of a wooden soldier. I had to do a bit more stealing/shooting with him after his quest was finished.

Dunno if it is still bugged, but Headshot accuracy in VATS is always at 95% aka "one shot kills" for most enemies and 3-4 turns
for enemies like Behemoths, Deathclaws and legendary Monsters.

Watevaman

The enemy spawns can get more entertaining past level 50-60 as their are a few variations you have not met yet. I haven't got anyone levelled past that point as yet and judging from the Strategy Guide there are still higher level enemies I've yet to come across

Yeah, I think I've come across 2 regular Radscorpions in all of my almost 100 hour playthrough along with minor amounts of other "tough" enemies such as Deathclaws, Behemoths, etc.

Now that I'm done with the main quest, I'm going to don some power armor and venture into the Glowing Sea to see what I can find.

I'm having a lot of fun building settlements in this playthrough, but for the life of me can't decide where I want to build my homestead. Currently residing at Red Rocket, but building there is so frustrating that I'd rather move on.

I'm having a lot of fun building settlements in this playthrough, but for the life of me can't decide where I want to build my homestead. Currently residing at Red Rocket, but building there is so frustrating that I'd rather move on.

Me too. I don't even care about finishing up my second playthrough, I just want to build.

It depends dude. What do you want to build? I've been slowly building a nice city in Spectacle Island. Nice, big, and wide open spaces on a island all for your own.

Abernathy Farm gets attacked often but the front of the farm is great for building little houses. I'm building some sort of building that connects together and will have a open view from the top. The top will have tables and chairs to look like a skyway bar and restaurant.

Finch Farm also gets attacked often but that bridge on top should be awesome for building potential.

As much as I love The Castle, there doesn't seem to be enough room for building houses unless you make one big mushroom of a building to house your settlers.

Recap:

Abernathy Farm
Finch Farm
The Castle
Spectacle Island

I want some more options and hopefully modders can add in more furniture, buildings, walls, triangles, rounded buildings/walls, lanterns, etc. etc.

Doc_Drop

Me too. I don't even care about finishing up my second playthrough, I just want to build.

It depends dude. What do you want to build? I've been slowly building a nice city in Spectacle Island. Nice, big, and wide open spaces on a island all for your own.

Abernathy Farm gets attacked often but the front of the farm is great for building little houses. I'm building some sort of building that connects together and will have a open view from the top. The top will have tables and chairs to look like a skyway bar and restaurant.

Finch Farm also gets attacked often but that bridge on top should be awesome for building potential.

As much as I love The Castle, there doesn't seem to be enough room for building houses unless you make one big mushroom of a building to house your settlers.

Recap:

Abernathy Farm
Finch Farm
The Castle
Spectacle Island

I want some more options and hopefully modders can add in more furniture, buildings, walls, triangles, rounded buildings/walls, lanterns, etc. etc.

I ended up building into the fort at the Castle, with all the rooms for different purposes, growing food on the top of the walls, and having the traders in the courtyard but I definitely see what you mean. Spectacle Island is a great shout, but I might go with the Starlight Drive in in future, big space and a massive screen with a pre-made cafe sounds good

Yeah, Starlight is great. Built a massive town there during my last playthrough. Really cool.

I actually might try taking Boston Airport. Is that available before the Brotherhood shows up?

Doc_Drop

When sufficient mods roll-out I'm looking forward to creating

A) Huge tree fort a la Robin Hood/Endor

B) Evil tower/Castle w/Artillery

Top Bottom