• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Definitely worth investing if you are type of player who uses VATS all the time. All perks from level 6 to 10 are pretty good.

ok thanks. I dont use VATS that much TBH, but Im sure I'd use it more if I could get more crits. Love the cinematics of the bullet travelling to the target :)

If you assign a settler to a weapon stand, for some reason they'd wander off elsewhere (loitering around) instead of standing behind their stall like everyone else with a stall job. Those lazy bums! They're probably selling off the weapons to the black market behind our back.

It pisses me off to no end because it looks like this lazyass undermines my authoritah! Stand behind your stall and do your job, FFS!
oooh, I didn't notice that only happened with the weapon shops. Thanks

Replicant

So I was chugging along every faction's main quest lines as far as I could, but now I've reached
Mass Fusion for the Institute, Tactical Thinking for BoS, and Underground Undercover for Railroad
. I guess this is about as far as I can go before I have to kill somebody off? Is it also probably the best point for just running endgame quests to get the achievements fast?

Depends on what you want to do. At that point you will pretty much have to side with either:

1. Institute OR
2. BoS OR
3. Railroad

You will lose 2 factions regardless which options you pursue. The only way to only lose 1 faction is if you stop at The Battle of Bunker Hills and tell Father the truth, which will produce:

1. Banished from the Institute (Institute)
2. Burning Cover (Railroad)
3. Defend the Castle (Minutemen)

TyrantII

Is luck worth investing in?
I like the look of the perk that randomly fills my critical bar when I hit stuff in VATS, but I need 9 luck to unlock it.

High luck, low int is the way to go. Idiot savant gives you the most XP pound for pound, and most of the Int perks are pretty useless outside of settlement defense and power. Meanwhile the luck perks are great.

See my video on the last where it kicks in at the end of a mission and fills my XP level 80%!

JoeNut

High luck, low int is the way to go. Idiot savant gives you the most XP pound for pound, and most of the Int perks are pretty useless outside of settlement defense and power. Meanwhile the luck perks are great.

See my video on the last where it kicks in at the end of a mission and fills my XP level 80%!

got to agree here, my second play through is 9 luck 3 int, the first one was opposite that. i am leveling up faster this time around and having more fun while doing it

TyrantII

The only issues with low Int is weapon crafting and hacking terminals. But you can pull mods off looted weapons to throw on whatever you want, and traveling with Nic allows you to get him to hack terminals (which I'm guessing is more likely with higher luck). So really once you get to Diamond City, you'll have everything you need with little to no Int.

Replicant

I think the lowest points I give to the S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats goes to Perception.

I prioritised Strength, Luck, Intelligence, and Charisma first then added more points to Endurance and Intelligence. At the moment I have 9 S, 5 P, 7 E, 10 C, 8 I, 8 A, and 9 L

Its interesting to hear you guys like the Idiot Savant perk. I watched a vid on youtube today, that rated that as its top perk (in a list of 10). My only reservation with using that perk would be that the bonus xp isnt guaranteed at the end of a quest etc. I started my character with an 8 in Intelligence anyway, so its too late for me anyway :)
I heard good things about the chem resistance perks too. I have NEVER touched the Skooma or chems (regularly) in any Elder Scrolls or Fallout game, as I never liked the idea of a filthy druggie character. lol. Now, I have to admit, the idea of killing bad guys in slow-mo often, sounds pretty fun. I may reconsider.

Int-1 with Idiot Savant 2 earns you the most XP, until Int-16 with Idiot Savant 2, note 15 is the highest base Intelligence you can get with out using console commands.

I'm OP as fuck 12 Str, 14 Int, everything else is 10, haven't picked any S.P.E.C.I.A.L bobble heads up either.

JoeNut

Its interesting to hear you guys like the Idiot Savant perk. I watched a vid on youtube today, that rated that as its top perk (in a list of 10). My only reservation with using that perk would be that the bonus xp isnt guaranteed at the end of a quest etc. I started my character with an 8 in Intelligence anyway, so its too late for me anyway :)
I heard good things about the chem resistance perks too. I have NEVER touched the Skooma or chems (regularly) in any Elder Scrolls or Fallout game, as I never liked the idea of a filthy druggie character. lol. Now, I have to admit, the idea of killing bad guys in slow-mo often, sounds pretty fun. I may reconsider.
Imo that perk is a waste of points, I regularly use buffjet/ psychojet and can't remember last time I got addicted, and if you do, just use addictol.

This game is freaking amazing.

Last night I decided to listen to the Trinity Tower distress signal...an amazing hour of gameplay and surprises followed.

I'm really digging the companions in this game. Almost nobody is boring (Garvey sucks though). I honestly can't choose who to "main" with. Enjoying Curie's company now but Danse always seems to calm the nerves when I'm making my way though a creepy dungeon full of monster closets. Unfortunately he's extremely judgmental. Maybe I need to spend more time with MacCready. Once I realized who he was, he became a more interesting character. I immediately replaced his dorky hat, though.

Replicant

This game is freaking amazing.

Last night I decided to listen to the Trinity Tower distress signal...an amazing hour of gameplay and surprises followed.

I'm really digging the companions in this game. Almost nobody is boring (Garvey sucks though). I honestly can't choose who to "main" with. Enjoying Curie's company now but Danse always seems to calm the nerves when I'm making my way though a creepy dungeon full of monster closets. Unfortunately he's extremely judgmental. Maybe I need to spend more time with MacCready. Once I realized who he was, he became a more interesting character. I immediately replaced his dorky hat, though.

Danse becomes a better person later on in the game.

TyrantII

They really did a great job with the companions, and quite a few have their own quests as well that adds to the characterization. It almost makes up for the unwavering path of the main quest. Almost.

Replicant

I put a power armor helmet on him so now he's basically my judgey walking flashlight :p

I like it better when I take off his astronauts-like caps. It makes him more like a human being instead of Buzz Lightyear.

But yeah, it's funny that he doesn't come with helmet. I had to make one for him when we went to Glowing Sea. Codsworth is still the best companion to go to Glowing Sea with though.

does anyone know where I can find a screenshot of what Shaun
looks like as something other than an old white man? just curious, i've been wondering what dude would look like as a black man, or as a latino man.

fucking gorgeous. i'm holding off until i can cobble together a badass survival sandbox using mods but damn if that isn't making me want to just dive right back in.

Why isn't he getting xp for building stuff? I thought that happened or am I misremembering?

if you're using tgm to build shit for free then it's helpful to disable crafting xp gain through mods. otherwise you'd end up with a level 50 character by the time you're done building something as substantial as this.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
if you're using tgm to build shit for free then it's helpful to disable crafting xp gain through mods. otherwise you'd end up with a level 50 character by the time you're done building something as substantial as this.

Didn't he build that on PS4?

Where are all the quests in the game? I'm level 25 and for the past several hours I've been exploring all over the place and haven't got one new quest or even met a new person. This game feels so empty.

DarthWoo

Rather than adjust it using the console or mods, I use the settlement build limit glitch where you drop a bunch of weapons on the ground and then store them via workbench mode to drop the size bar. A side benefit I noticed was that every time I go into the workbench to retrieve the weapons, it seems to refill excess aid items as if it was a new day.

Replicant

I think it's important to adhered to the height limit at the very least. You don't want a Vertibird to crash right onto your building.

Speaking of Vertibird, it's fucking rude how they'd just
shoot on Danse if they spot him on your balcony talking to you or doing something else post Blind Betrayal. Talk about invasion of my private property. If only Danse wasn't so loyal to BoS, I'd have massacred most of those assholes minus a few decent people who happen to belong there (ie. Proctor Ingram, Scribe Haylen, Knight Cade). I especially want to toast Maxson, Kells, Rhys, and other annoying BoS rookies

JoeNut

Where are all the quests in the game? I'm level 25 and for the past several hours I've been exploring all over the place and haven't got one new quest or even met a new person. This game feels so empty.
You just said the opposite of what everyone else thinks about the game, where have you been exploring? I can't go 5 minutes without finding a new distraction

Hello all! I've encountered what I am afraid is a rather nasty bug in my game, and of course have no saves for 6 hours before it because I am dumb.

In Vault 75, I cannot seem to get the quest to trigger, so none of the guards drop access cards. Is there any way to fix that? Any word if it will be in the new patch?

Really want that bobblehead!

Alpende

Hello all! I've encountered what I am afraid is a rather nasty bug in my game, and of course have no saves for 6 hours before it because I am dumb.

In Vault 75, I cannot seem to get the quest to trigger, so none of the guards drop access cards. Is there any way to fix that? Any word if it will be in the new patch?

Really want that bobblehead!

I had the same issue.

I just did what the guy in this video did. It's a glitch but it works. Also, if you just do it for the trophy I'd suggest making a separate save before glitching into the area with the bobblehead. Grab the bobblehead and reload the earlier save file. Saves you the trouble of getting out. It's possible to get back out using another glitch (shown in the video) but it takes a couple of tries.

BizzyBum

Geez, the quest in Salem with Barney is beyond fucked in my game. He doesn't even exist, a couple of the mirelurks outside his house were dead, and his gate was opened already. No key so had to use a console command to get into the basement.

Made my second trip to the Glowing Sea last night, chasing a quest. I accidentally fell through a hole in the roof of a busted up old church (lol) and it was packed full of Ghouls inside. I funneled them into a stairwell, so that the number of them attacking me at one time was limited, but they still shredded my Power Armor and I barely survived. It was definitely a fun (but kinda scary) fight for me.
Despite that, its such a relief to leave that area of the game. Its so bleak and depressing. I love the sense of fear that the tough guys lurking in the Glowing Sea can generate though. Like when you can see the black silhouette of the Deathclaw wandering about on the ridge on the horizon, with the lighting blasting through the sky in the background. That looks so cool.

Replicant

Ahhhh fuck.

I'm about to do the battle of bunker hill and I don't know what faction to side with. I am so stressed out.

If you kill the Courser - you're with Railroad (or Minutemen)
If you kill the Synth - you're with the Institute
If you kill both - you're with BoS

Just be aware that if you want to finish with Minutemen, this is the point where you need to come out clean to Father.

Ahhhh fuck.

I'm about to do the battle of bunker hill and I don't know what faction to side with. I am so stressed out.

Not sure where you are in the quest, but you can actually inform both Railroad and BoS before the battle without affecting your alignment. It's the endpoint of the mission where it could get tricky. You can do the Railroad/BoS version of the endpoint and still be in the Institute's good graces if you pass some speech checks (might need a high Charisma though).

Just be aware that if you want to finish with Minutemen, this is the point where you need to come out clean to Father.

There are other opportunities to get aligned with the Minutemen in the endgame that happen in later quests. This is definitely one of them, but you aren't locked out of the MM if you don't come out clean to Father.

I had the same issue.

I just did what the guy in this video did. It's a glitch but it works. Also, if you just do it for the trophy I'd suggest making a separate save before glitching into the area with the bobblehead. Grab the bobblehead and reload the earlier save file. Saves you the trouble of getting out. It's possible to get back out using another glitch (shown in the video) but it takes a couple of tries.

Thank you for this! modded some power armor and knocked it out first try! Wasn't able to get back out so I just reverted to an older save. :)

Now I just have to figure out how to get a settlement up to 100% happiness.

Also, is it possible to get all of the faction trophies in one playthrough?

I've never installed a mod or used a console command. Will doing so mess up my save file or my ability to earn achievements?

I only want to use "tm" to remove the HUD for screenshots, and I want to install CBBE so my character doesn't look malnourished. Anybody else use CBBE? Does it only affect the player character? Are all outfits and armor pieces still compatible?

TyrantII

If you kill the Courser - you're with Railroad (or Minutemen)
If you kill the Synth - you're with the Institute
If you kill both - you're with BoS

Nah, BoBH doesn't trigger any faction lockouts that I'm aware of. Answering Father wrong potentially does, but its obvious.

The missions Mass Fusion and Tactical Thinking are the lock out missions. Play up to those two, and save for one convenient save point.

DarthWoo

All it takes to go hostile with the
Institute
after that is just kill any named NPC in their base. You'll immediately get
Form Ranks, the first Minutemen endgame mission.

Replicant

Nah, BoBH doesn't trigger any faction lockouts that I'm aware of. Answering Father wrong potentially does, but its obvious.

The missions Mass Fusion and Tactical Thinking are the lock out missions. Play up to those two, and save for one convenient save point.

If you kill the 4 synths you're supposed to save, the Railroad in the building will go hostile. But I think you can halt the damage by talking to Desdemona.

All it takes to go hostile with the
Institute
after that is just kill any named NPC in their base. You'll immediately get
Form Ranks, the first Minutemen endgame mission.

You only get
Form Ranks if you don't have a minimum of 8 settlements. Otherwise you'll go direct to Defend the Castle or Burning Cover (if you did some spy work for Railroad) then Defend the Castle.

I've never installed a mod or used a console command. Will doing so mess up my save file or my ability to earn achievements?

I only want to use "tm" to remove the HUD for screenshots, and I want to install CBBE so my character doesn't look malnourished. Anybody else use CBBE? Does it only affect the player character? Are all outfits and armor pieces still compatible?

anyone?

Im not sure about console commands, as I have never used them in FO4.
I do use CBBE and it does affect all the other female models in the game too. When you put on a "complete" outfit (something that gives a new mesh, neck to toe) there is no problem at all.
If you have the naked body and JUST put an accessory piece on it (ammo belt, steel chest plate etc), then you will get all kinds of clipping depending on the size of the boobs, shoulders, legs etc, that you have given your character. I also use the CBBE vanilla outfit mod, which enables many of your complete-outfits (but not all) to inherit your nude body proportions. Unfortunately, the vanilla outfit mod doesnt affect accessories, so you will specifically notice clipping on arm straps (as in my below pic), if you narrow the females shoulders as I did. Definitely worth the compromise IMO.

72f1A6vOsluRlB4AUFzHM0YerzV53P1BX32dPE3xk5DmoOPJpetRdsCSP7WPS6lyu5vpApUnWZ54CIVuvC0fRLE-CrnOyVat1jkJlK9lT8TdgTT21mRVcpnzD0tqTIlNm0j4JQ2nHUH-vAHqGQBG2-AIaR9EyvtSwUeRhF1LozL3XRSEUdEKOjSGkKb82UfqqrQ5BS6kEC2BBrCeP5z4oQjF_uL3c9ZDDd9vDo8lOeDqqAD-B7wh5_BypJF_rP39CdO8sCqZ3rO4nwgxVCXBqJdP9EZ7uXuzm_ImrRZyKRffL5BhBGGSN9FC70Rgd9Oq8rJ5HKep28Gv_0-yv8fGtF0MyY7byR5YAnqBVGMXRxODDOVT3tdzPL0HWfVsH-HVgpBCirTVAowRU8Uk7AMMAM_0hn1ZqOy_hKJVE_BGx0-FHeLq9O_ZgWbzjABP70oxCuGrrzlRK5uXVevs6QBbOWa8K0c-CnZ5x2-SX1oLU455oQ4U2BbN-SdIgdwssZPrIz7XfOLI78iGrxa42RC9YA-DflLLOv8VCpRwKVuZek_utzXnb21X5cqnVsegXk7fTOgf=w512-h773-no

Alpende

Thank you for this! modded some power armor and knocked it out first try! Wasn't able to get back out so I just reverted to an older save. :)

Now I just have to figure out how to get a settlement up to 100% happiness.

Also, is it possible to get all of the faction trophies in one playthrough?

It is possible to get all the faction trophies but you have to revert to old saves in order to get the trophy. I think I followed this guide in order to see where I should save my game.

It is possible to get all the faction trophies but you have to revert to old saves in order to get the trophy. I think I followed this guide in order to see where I should save my game.

Thank you!

I am loving the game so far. I wish it had more dialog options and a wider variety of missions, but I just love wandering the wastelands, scavenging and building my settlements. :D

I am at level 55 and the last story mission I completed was Reunion.

Top Bottom