• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

neoism

It's Friday, where is the new patch for consoles?

yeah wtf bethesda... they said end of the week why not just fucking say Saturday... soo poeple would be suprised if its today and not except it anyday this week..
😞😑

Ran out of ammo for my Gauss rifle. I really miss it, now its gone. My .50 Cal sniper rifle doesnt seem anywhere near as effective on tougher enemies.

I'm about to start playing this on PC once I finish Tomb Raider. Are there any absolute must have mods that I should install? I'm definitely grabbing the one that reveals the dialogue options but I'm not sure what else (if anything) I should get.

AmyS

quXtSye.jpg

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1588944-patch-me-please-bethy/?p=24935236

ugh.

I have a two shot six crank and LOVE it. Something about cranking it up in battle a then using VATS

Yeah the crank feels so cool to play with. But the gauss rifle is still better.
I bought gauss ammo whenever I could. But I still ran out of ammo from time to time

People running out of ammo must have different play style. I'm always scavenging for all ammo types everywhere because it doesn't weight anything so by the time I found Gauss rifle, I'd couple of hundreds of 2mm EC. If you are using VATS, you don't waste ammo at all. For exa. if you put two shots in VATS but enemy is killed after first shot, it won't fire second shot. Another huge advantage of using VATS for Gauss is that you don't have to charge it to get max damage. I also keep buying Gauss ammo from all vendors.

There is also one perk in Luck which gives more ammo in containers.

People running out of ammo must have different play style. I'm always scavenging for all ammo types everywhere because it doesn't weight anything so by the time I found Gauss rifle, I'd couple of hundreds of 2mm EC. If you are using VATS, you don't waste ammo at all. For exa. if you put two shots in VATS but enemy is killed after first shot, it won't fire second shot. Another huge advantage of using VATS for Gauss is that you don't have to charge it to get max damage. I also keep buying Gauss ammo from all vendors.

There is also one perk in Luck which gives more ammo in containers.

I always used gauss in VATS but still you don't get more ammo then you meet enemys. I mean I almost one-shot-killed everybody with it but still you find way more of every other ammo than gauss so you still run out of it.

Venture

I haven't been following any Fallout 4 threads since I haven't finished the story yet so maybe this has been discussed before, but I love the Intimidation perk. I finally got around to trying it and decided it really needs to be a basic feature of Fallout going forward. Sticking up enemies with your weapon and getting them to surrender is surprisingly satisfying and makes for more fun and diverse gameplay. It should be available right from the start instead of locked behind a perk.

The success rate could be based on a few factors like your charisma (or maybe a combination of charisma and strength), whether you're hidden, and if you're in front or behind them. Extra features like inciting or commanding them could still be perks.

I haven't been following any Fallout 4 threads since I haven't finished the story yet so maybe this has been discussed before, but I love the Intimidation perk. I finally got around to trying it and decided it really needs to be a basic feature of Fallout going forward. Sticking up enemies with your weapon and getting them to surrender is surprisingly satisfying and makes for more fun and diverse gameplay. It should be available right from the start instead of locked behind a perk.

The success rate could be based on a few factors like your charisma (or maybe a combination of charisma and strength), whether you're hidden, and if you're in front or behind them. Extra features like inciting or commanding them could still be perks.

I briefly considered this perk, but didnt use it because I was worried too many enemies would surrender to me. Killing people in gun fights is one of the game highlights for me :) Can you still kill raiders etc, afters they have given up? Im sure I have played other games, where you cant harm the former enemy, once they wave the white flag.

Venture

I briefly considered this perk, but didnt use it because I was worried too many enemies would surrender to me. Killing people in gun fights is one of the game highlights for me :) Can you still kill raiders etc, afters they have given up? Im sure I have played other games, where you cant harm the former enemy, once they wave the white flag.
You can choose who to use it on, it doesn't activate automatically. The success rate seems to be fairly low too. You can still attack them once they give up, but I'm unsure if this counts as an assault/murder in your stats. They seem to turn hostile again after several minutes anyway.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how would this PC setup run Fallout 4? (Skyrim texture mods too?)

i7-920 @ 4.0GHz
12gb memory
Gtx 960 or amd 380

1080p monitor

Would like to be able to get close to maxing Fallout 4. I can already max Skyrim, but would like to start running texture mods (which my current setup can't handle)

My current setup is:

i7-920 @ stock 2.66GHz
6gb memory
Gtx285

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how would this PC setup run Fallout 4? (Skyrim texture mods too?)

i7-920 @ 4.0GHz
12gb memory
Gtx 960 or amd 380

1080p monitor

Would like to be able to get close to maxing Fallout 4. I can already max Skyrim, but would like to start running texture mods (which my current setup can't handle)

My current setup is:

i7-920 @ stock 2.66GHz
6gb memory
Gtx285

I have an i5-4460, 8GB memory, 750Ti and I can run it fairly well at medium. I can even put it up to ultra at times, though some of the more dense areas such as my complicated settlements can really drop the FPS. Those specs shouldn't have any problem at all.

I have an i5-4460, 8GB memory, 750Ti and I can run it fairly well at medium. I can even put it up to ultra at times, though some of the more dense areas such as my complicated settlements can really drop the FPS. Those specs shouldn't have any problem at all.

My main concern is my cpu, that i7-920 is a 7 year old model. I'm gonna try OCing it so I can extend the life of my system a couple more years. 12gb and a gtx260 should get max setting as long as the cpu doesn't bottleneck my system.

You can choose who to use it on, it doesn't activate automatically. The success rate seems to be fairly low too. You can still attack them once they give up, but I'm unsure if this counts as an assault/murder in your stats. They seem to turn hostile again after several minutes anyway.

Ah, cool. I think I'll take a closer look at it on youtube. Im leveled in the 60's now and there is still a bunch of perks I want.
I havent done a "real" quest in days now. I've just been building my settlements and trying to gear my settlers with decent armor and weapons. Its addictive.

Doc_Drop

I believe that console commands don't affect achievements, I haven't had any problems. CBBE-wise I didn't manage to get it working - I'm sure there was something I was doing wrong - But I don't think it affects NPCs, and you should look into CBBE linked armor and clothing mods as there have been many outfits enhanced to work with the CBBE mod - Best to check the nexus mods page for that though

Man, I had 5 suits of assorted power armor outside my house in Diamond City and two of them have disappeared. Both of them I really liked too (T-51 and X-01). I moved the remaining suits inside my house. Hopefully they will stay put.
Because I have been trying to scavenge lots of junk lately, for my settlements, I have also been dropping lots of junk all over the place when I reach my weight carrying limit. I think this junk-dropping has caused the game to delete older assets to make way for the new stuff, which makes sense. I just thought Power Armor may have been exempt from this rule because of its significance. Oh well :'(

Man, I had 5 suits of assorted power armor outside my house in Diamond City and two of them have disappeared. Both of them I really liked too (T-51 and X-01). I moved the remaining suits inside my house. Hopefully they will stay put.
Because I have been trying to scavenge lots of junk lately, for my settlements, I have also been dropping lots of junk all over the place when I reach my weight carrying limit. I think this junk-dropping has caused the game to delete older assets to make way for the new stuff, which makes sense. I just thought Power Armor may have been exempt from this rule because of its significance. Oh well :'(
Sure you didn't just leave a power cell in it and some NPC went on a joyride?

TyrantII

Nope, you got robbed. Make sure to remove fusion cores from the suits, otherwise NPC or Enemies have a habit of taking them. That goes for if they have a laser Gattling gun (due to having a core in their inventory) as well.

Backlogger

Look around for them they might be somewhere in diamond city if a NPC ran off with one

I wish the map would show all of your suits locations rather than only the suit you last used

Diancecht

At first this I didn't like the game. I thought the missions weren't interesting enough but after 20 hours; moving through the story line and going north and picking up side missions there, I started liking it. Just did the The Devil's Due side mission and it was a blast. The Cleaner, The Gilded Grasshopper, The Silver Shroud and The Big Dig was all interesting side missions. Also there are a lot of interesting places in the north.

I think the starting area and the half of the main quest are lackluster.

Power Armor you leave in public places (everything not considered part of your settlements) will eventually be stolen.

Anyway, power armor is easy to come buy once you begin act two, have a syringer with pax ammo and level 4 pickpocketing. As it stands i have 26 power armor frames and i haven't had the need to buy any.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Is there any change in the reduce max settlement size trick?

please someone try this pls...

seems like it fucks up alot more then fixes....
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/44vy6c/patch_13_is_up_for_consoles_please_confirm/
it seems like this patch wasnt worth the wait.....

��

I had the patch on PC last week or thereabouts, and I was still able to workbench store dropped weapons to drop the size bar. Don't know why it would be different for console.

(This is especially important to me as I don't want to use a mod for that, and I have plans for an absurd structure at Abernathy Farm.)

Umm...how do I select my other characters? I've tried to load another build but all I see is the last character I've played.

EDIT: Went to the system save files (PS4) and it shows nothing but that first character. I don't remember erasing one, much less both of my other characters.

EDIT #2: Nevermind, still there guess I'll have to search for them after erasing a bunch of autosaves.

Yeah. Take out the core every time you exit them to stop it from happening.

Your power armor is going to disappear if you leave it in Diamond City regardless of whether or not a Fusion Core is in the Armor. Taking the fusion core out only helps when you leave your power armor in Settlements so your settlers don't hop in a suit when they get attacked.

Last night, a feral ghoul continued to attack me, despite having the top of his head chopped/blown off. That type of injury has always resulted in death in the past. Maybe its a random glitch? Kind of cool though. It also reminded me of that South Park episode with Britney Spears :)

Last night, a feral ghoul continued to attack me, despite having the top of his head chopped/blown off. That type of injury has always resulted in death in the past. Maybe its a random glitch? Kind of cool though. It also reminded me of that South Park episode with Britney Spears :)

whoah, what weapon is that??

Yeah happend to me once too. Was kind of funny seeing one running around without a head.

I'm gonna have to start doing melee more if you can make stuff like that

His head got blown away by a frag granade when it happened to me

Been doing tons of sidequests for the Railroad but PAM won't give me Jackpot. Just finished setting up MILAs and did all the Randolph dead drops and PAM's cache's and nothing.

Want that Ballistic Weave so bad.

Top Bottom