• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

the 3xp on all kills is also glitched because it only lasts a few seconds instead of a full 60 seconds.

Why should it last 60 seconds?
The description of the perk just says "Randomly receiving bonus XP from any action may trigger 3x XP for all kills for a short period of time."

DONT DO IT!

here is the reddit thread.I wish I had known about this before. none of the youtube videos mentioned it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3t21gv/fyi_idiot_savant_rank_3_currently_bugged/
Reading that reddit thread it seems like there is only a problem with rank 3 if you get your XP from crafting like a maniac. Doesn't seem like there is a problem with rank 3 is you play the game in a normal way.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why should it last 60 seconds?
The description of the perk just says "Randomly receiving bonus XP from any action may trigger 3x XP for all kills for a short period of time."

Reading that reddit thread it seems like there is only a problem with rank 3 if you get your XP from crafting like a maniac. Doesn't seem like there is a problem with rank 3 is you play the game in a normal way.
Someone in that gaf thread said it could last 60 seconds. mine last barely a few seconds.

Anyway, its not a problem just for people who just craft stuff because rank 3 is useless for them anyway. (its just for kills) And besides, it didnt kick in 5xp for me when i turned in the quest. i have video proof i will post when i get home.

I finished this first time a couple days ago and then did the oher endings. The one I stuck with was that first finish, going with
the Institute
. I didn't really enjoy taking out the
Brotherhood
via
the Railroad actually
but that is where I left it. Mind, it was a hell of an entertainingly crazy fight on
the Prydwen
but there were some decent characters there. Anyway, will later do a speedier playthrough with different focus.

Currently grabbing up some extra quests given by leading individuals of that faction. Only achievement left is to get the 100 percent happiness achievement. With my favored Starlight and The Slog locations just sitting at 90 percent I went with a minimalist approach in an unused territory and indeed, the numbers are boosting up quickly.

Quite enjoyed the game just running around and finding things. Almost every location in the game I had already encountered before I got the missions sending me there. Then I decided to just start the final run around level 60.

Debating on the DLC. Add: and I did get into the settlement building much more than expected, which added a lot of time.

françois

Currently grabbing up some extra quests given by leading individuals of that faction. Only achievement left is to get the 100 percent happiness achievement. With my favored Starlight and The Slog locations just sitting at 90 percent I went with a minimalist approach in an unused territory and indeed, the numbers are boosting up quickly.

Getting the achievement was a real hassle. I did the red rocket truck stop-method and it was really easy, it just took way too long.

Tried to do it at Sanctuary Hills first because that was the settlement I had built up from up the start, but it just seemed impossible.

The thing I hated most was that you had to let your character idle in the settlement and come back every so often. PS4 just sat there for a few hours doing nothing.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The game has glitched on me. My character keeps spinning in third person. I have fast traveled, reverted my saves and restarted the console but it's not fixing it. at first it started in cutscenes, he would start spinning for no reason. Then in the workshop, and now its doing it all the time.

This sucks. I have put in dozens of hours into it. I guess i can try and see if i can play in first person. i didnt think to try that last night.

Ugh... Cracked on the Season pass.

If this were ANY other game I'd have gone "fuck that noise", but the modding community for Bethesda's games has a nasty history of making their mods DLC-dependent.

Hell, I think there were quite a few Skyrim mods by the more... Fanboyistic of modders out there that set all three DLCs as master-files without actually using any code or assets from them, with them saying stuff like "Support Bethesda!" in their descriptions as an excuse - And the most effortless of edits to unlist the DLCs as master-files for them having no adverse effects.

Dunkelgrau

I was in the
institute
already and wanted to rush through the rest of the game as fast as possible. Now I have the problem, that I don't see, what the main-questline is.

Do I have to finish most of the
Minutemen
-Quests, such as "Out of the Fire" to trigger the main-questline again?

Venture

]blacky[;196007387 said:
I was in the
institute
already and wanted to rush through the rest of the game as fast as possible. Now I have the problem, that I don't see, what the main-questline is.

Minutemen
Do you have the
Institute quest Synth Retention
? If you do that quest it should trigger the quest
Battle of Bunker Hill,
which is the next major turning point in the plot.

Dunkelgrau

Do you have the
Institute quest Synth Retention
? If you do that quest it should trigger the quest
Battle of Bunker Hill,
which is the next major turning point in the plot.

No, I haven't made this quest, because I don't want to support
the institute
. But when this quest is a must, I will make it.

Replicant

]blacky[;196007387 said:
I was in the
institute

Minutemen

Unless you do something drastic
like shooting someone at the Institute dead
, the game will assume you are fine where you are, aka
being a mole for Minutemen/Railroad/BoS inside the Institute OR love being with the institute

]blacky[;196025753 said:
This quest seems to be buggy: At the meeting point with the
Synth
the
Brotherhood of steel
also has arrived and tried to kill the
Synth

Nah that's normal I think. Also happened to me. You can just kill the Brotherhood guys, doesn't matter.

Itching for a new play through soon. Melee/Pistol only? hmmmm I think so.

I quite enjoy melee now. It's still not as good as in F3 but I use it more often. Especially for Ghoules.
And I love explosives. Put two points into the perk. It already makes one hell of damage and it's great to see where you're actually throwing youre granades.

JTripper

My settlement is stuck at 75% happiness. This sucks!

Also, what's an easier way to get Misc Objectives cause I don't have any and they seem pretty few and far between.

I swear I've played like 250 hours and haven't seen this quest o_O

Haha yes I didn't find it on my first playthrough. Only red about it and wanted to see how stupid it really is.
Damn it's worse than expected.

If you want to play it
go look around south of University point near a house ruin

N° 2048

Haha yes I didn't find it on my first playthrough. Only red about it and wanted to see how stupid it really is.
Damn it's worse than expected.

If you want to play it
go look around south of University point near a house ruin

Thanks, going to check it out tonight haha

Replicant

]blacky[;196025753 said:
This quest seems to be buggy: At the meeting point with the
Synth
the
Brotherhood of steel
also has arrived and tried to kill the
Synth

Huh? That never happens to me. I mean there was a random Vertibird attacking
X6-88
but that was just an incident and when I reloaded, the Vertibird didn't see him and we went on our way to do the mission.
I killed Gabriel before X6-88 can tell him the truth though. Suck on that, Shaun!

Huh? That never happens to me. I mean there was a random Vertibird attacking
X6-88
but that was just an incident and when I reloaded, the Vertibird didn't see him and we went on our way to do the mission.
I killed Gabriel before X6-88 can tell him the truth though. Suck on that, Shaun!

For me the BoS always attacked. I was also confused by this. Releoded a couple of time. Did some other quests for some time and came back but it always happened.
But as I said I just killed the BoS squad and then started the quest

Replicant

For me the BoS always attacked. I was also confused by this. Releoded a couple of time. Did some other quests for some time and came back but it always happened.
But as I said I just killed the BoS squad and then started the quest

That is weird. I'm with the Brotherhood though so maybe that's why they don't attack. I mean, I'm with the Brotherhood and the Railroad and the Institute and the Minutemen. I'm everyone's bike and everyone's happy, I guess? Well not really, I'm there to fuck up every single mission from the Institute.

Dunkelgrau

Unless you do something drastic
like shooting someone at the Institute dead
, the game will assume you are fine where you are, aka
being a mole for Minutemen/Railroad/BoS inside the Institute OR love being with the institute
But it seems, that the game thinks, I want to cooperate with the BoS: I finished "Old guns" but
"Defend The Castle"
was not triggered. Even after I killed
my son
the only remaining minutemen-quest is "Out of the Fire".

That's totally frustrating.

I just wanted to rush through the rest of the game (as minutemen) as fast as possible to start with "Pillars of eternity". But now I am stuck in this stupid plot.
"The Battle of Bunker Hill"
was completely wired, too. Seriously, I have no clue, what has happened there at all.

N° 2048

]blacky[;196130903 said:
But it seems, that the game thinks, I want to cooperate with the BoS: I finished "Old guns" but
"Defend The Castle"
my son

I just wanted to rush through the rest of the game (as minutemen) as fast as possible to start with "Pillars of eternity". But now I am stuck in this stupid plot.
was completely wired, too. Seriously, I have no clue, what has happened there at all.
The
Battle of Bunker Hill
for me was a shit show. Every decision I made up until then was thrown out the window and everyone
was shooting each other.

I don't even remember what I did to finish it but I managed to get the ending I wanted in the first play through at least.
Just wanted to stick with the
Railroad.

Replicant

]blacky[;196130903 said:
"Defend The Castle"
my son

Okay, that doesn't make sense. Killing
Father, instead of Shaun, the little synth boy, should have triggered "Banished from the Institute". Unless, you managed to do it without the Institute knowing about it
. So my question is,
Can you still get into the Institute via teleportation? If so, then you haven't been banished yet. If you have, you won't be able to do that.
. If that's the case then you need to trigger something to the point that you are completely exiled and can't return there.
Go back there until a scientist tells you that if you go back again, you'll be killed

Recall

How far can I go down on each faction story lines before I start pissing off the others?

I'm up to:
Show No Mercy for Brotherhood
Old Guns for Minutemen
Tradecraft for Railroad

Where is the cut off on each before I have to stick with one faction over the other?

How far can I go down on each faction story lines before I start pissing off the others?

I'm up to:
Old Guns for Minutemen
Tradecraft for Railroad

Where is the cut off on each before I have to stick with one faction over the other?

I don't remember the quest names, make sure you just keep backup saves before handing in quests so you don't turn the other guys hostile.

Replicant

I'm up to:
Old Guns for Minutemen
Tradecraft for Railroad

Apparently the game will warn you but I find that by the time it does, you'll find it hard to complete other mission that will bring other factions up to speed.

The key here is to balance out the missions from each faction so they are neck to neck to neck to each other when it come to end game. Then you can choose one. This is especially important if you don't want war between Railroad and BoS.

With that said:
Brotherhood of Steel: "Tactical Thinking" will have you assaulting Railroad. So you must stop as soon as you complete "Blind Betrayal" and receive "Tactical Thinking". Don't even bother talking to Kells.

Also, you better have "Defend the Castle", a minutemen mission, as well by this point if you want to fail "Tactical Thinking" and prevent war. What I did was defend a certain someone from BoS but instead of reporting to Maxson right away, I ended "Battle of Bunker Hills" by telling Father you want to quit the Institute. Then I report to Maxson and start "Defend the Castle", effectively canceling BoS bloodlust.

The Institute: "Mass Fusion" will make you enemy of the Brotherhood.

Railroad: You want to stop at "Underground Undercover" and you better already initiate "Defend the Castle" or else the BoS will attack Railroad after Underground Undercover.

But after what the other person said, I suspect which faction you went with for "The Molecular Level" will affect everything down the chain.

It seems
As long as you go with Minutemen for "Molecular Level" you can still flip flop between factions and cancel out their war lust by initiating "Banished from the Institute" and "Defend the Castle".

But if Sturges never obtained the Holotape then obviously the Institute had no reason to attack the Minutemen. So go with Minutemen for the most flexibility down the line.

Alright so I just finished The Molecular Level quest and am trying to decide how to proceed without spoiling it for myself

From what I understand:

The game splits into a few branches now. I've decided I want to side with the minutemen, but to trigger the next quest I need to turn down the Institute or "become an enemy". So I am trying to find Father to tell him that I am not going to join his cause but I can't find him ANYWHERE in the Institute. Does anyone know where he is?

Alright so I just finished The Molecular Level quest and am trying to decide how to proceed without spoiling it for myself

From what I understand:

The game splits into a few branches now. I've decided I want to side with the minutemen, but to trigger the next quest I need to turn down the Institute or "become an enemy". So I am trying to find Father to tell him that I am not going to join his cause but I can't find him ANYWHERE in the Institute. Does anyone know where he is?

I think you can just kill any named character down there to get banished.

Replicant

From what I understand:

He should be in his room either on the ground or mezzanine level. Failing that, try the balcony or your room.

Or you can just wait until "The Battle of Bunker Hills",
Warn Railroad and BoS, kill the Courser, fight no one except the turret, let the poor Synths go, and finally tell Father to go fuck himself and that he's adopted

He should be in his room either on the ground or mezzanine level. Failing that, try the balcony or your room.

Or you can just wait until "The Battle of Bunker Hills",
Warn Railroad and BoS, kill the Courser, fight no one except the turret, let the poor Synths go, and finally tell Father to go fuck himself and that he's adopted

Yeah the problem is I don't want to do the current mission I'm on (Synth Retention) because it feels wrong.

It seems like I had to just
kill Father
to move on. Kinda disappointed with how the story is going.

Replicant

Yeah the problem is I don't want to do the current mission I'm on (Synth Retention) because it feels wrong.

It seems like I had to just
kill Father
to move on. Kinda disappointed with how the story is going.

Ha ha it is dodgy isn't it? But did you know that you can actually...

Kill Gabriel before X6-88 tells him that he's a Synth that has to be reprogrammed? Thereby making it impossible for X6-88 to take him back to the Institute.

I think of it like he's a raider and dies as one.
X6-88 will be pissy (especially if you shoot him in the head to one-up him before he deactivates Gabriel) and
Father will be disappointed but nothing of consequence will happen.

daninthemix

I have a question about the four factions. I'd like to see as much of the game as possible in one playthrough, including the faction questlines. Is there a clear point at which proceeding further into one questline will make the other(s) hostile?

Dunkelgrau

Okay, that doesn't make sense. Killing
Father, instead of Shaun, the little synth boy, should have triggered "Banished from the Institute". Unless, you managed to do it without the Institute knowing about it
. So my question is,
Can you still get into the Institute via teleportation? If so, then you haven't been banished yet. If you have, you won't be able to do that.
. If that's the case then you need to trigger something to the point that you are completely exiled and can't return there.
Go back there until a scientist tells you that if you go back again, you'll be killed

No, I killed
Father
and was immediately banned from
the institute
. But killing
Father
does not make any difference: I don't receive
"Defend The Castle"

To make this clear: I built the
teleporter
together with Sturges. He also has the
holotape
. And, as I said before, I finished "Old guns" already.

Don't get me wrong, I do not exclude that I have done something wrong or overlook something. But I don't know what. I just want to get the
minutmen
ending.

Replicant

]blacky[;196203014 said:
No, I killed
Father
and was immediately banned from
the institute
. But killing
Father
does not make any difference: I don't receive
"Defend The Castle"

To make this clear: I built the
teleporter
together with Sturges. He also has the
holotape
. And, as I said before, I finished "Old guns" already.

Don't get me wrong, I do not exclude that I have done something wrong or overlook something. But I don't know what. I just want to get the
minutmen
ending.
From what you've described it doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong. The only think I can think of is that you haven't got enough Settlements to make the Minutemen a strong enough presence. You need at least 8 Settlements to trigger "Defend the Castle". Check your quest lists, is there a "Form Ranks" listed there?

I know, I know, you probably would have said that you have "Form Ranks" if you got it but I thought I'll check just in case. If you don't have it, try talking to Preston Garvey at the Castle because it may actually trigger Form Ranks or Defend the Castle.

Oh wait, another alternative is that you haven't talked to Garvey about attacking the Institute. In my situation it was a bit more obvious because post "Banished from the Institute", the game instructed me that "Burning Cover" is initiated, which prompted me to talk to Desdemona. But Desdemona said that they don't have enough manpower but if I still want to save the synth, I can do it via my Minuteman. That's when I got a prompt to talk to Garvey in the Castle.

I hope that helps a bit.

Dunkelgrau

The solution was:

To trigger
"Defend the castle"
I had to kill someone from the institute. I saw no other chance.
Don't know if it is normally possible to trigger this quest without killing someone from
the institute
?

After that I had to talk to Preston Garvey. But there was no quest marker or something (really confusing, too).

]blacky[;196243388 said:
The solution was:

To trigger
"Defend the castle"
Don't know if it is normally possible to trigger this quest without killing someone from
the institute
?

After that I had to talk to Preston Garvey. But there was no quest marker or something (really confusing, too).

I tried killing
random institute folks
but it wouldn't trigger until I killed
Father

Replicant

]blacky[;196243388 said:
The solution was:

To trigger
"Defend the castle"
the institute
?

But didn't you said you already killed Father?

I didn't kill anyone in the Institute. I went through
the Battle of Bunker Hills, killed the Courser, shot no one inside except the turret, and let the Synths go

Then I was summoned to
the top of CIT to talk to Father. When confronted by him, I took full responsibility for the sabotage
. That earned me Banished from the Institute and Burning Cover, since I was doing Undercover for Railroad.

Talking to Desdemona reveals that Railroad simply doesn't have the manpower to fight the Institute. So she urged me to talk to Minutemen for help, which leads to talking to Garvey and Defend the Castle.

So according to Howard, the Creation Kit is slated for April. That's later than I would have guessed, very odd.

Can't link the article right now, I'm on my phone. It's on GameInformer.

Top Bottom