• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

neoism

that new survival mode

bTWdwy1t.png

i was excited but once I heard no fast travel... smh no thanks..

I just recently bought a 970 and i'm trying to play this game.

The weirdest thing though - it's like the game is locked at 40fps. Never goes above or below that.

I turned off the settings for god rays and set shadows to medium and also turned off TXAA but no matter what, 40fps.

The game also has some weird input lag going on where everything feels behind. What's going on?

No I don't think so. I think you should have that from start on
But there are some stuff that needs to be unlocked via comic book.

Hmmm. I'll check again. Pretty sure I dont have that mag rack though.

Yeah, I like it but the build area isn't very big. There's a lot of cool places just outside the limits.

Issue #1
Beantown Brewery (adds picket fencing)

Issue #2
Hardware Town (adds new lighting)

Issue #3
Saugus Ironworks (adds statues)

Issue #4
Combat Zone (adds potted plants)

Issue #5
Weston Water Treatment Plant (adds patio table and chairs)

Potted plants and statues? Nice. I will have to hunt these down. My settlements can definitely use some more green.

Hopefully the options are individual. I would like to tinker and make my own survival mode.

This is what Im hoping for too. The main thing I want is more regular encounters with tough enemies. The proposed slower area respawn rate for enemies, would turn me off using this new mode, if it couldnt be changed. Dont know what the current respawn rate is, but my ideal would be around 24 hrs. Maybe even 12. I like killing stuff.

françois

Potted plants and statues? Nice. I will have to hunt these down. My settlements can definitely use some more green.

Haven't gotten the potted plants yet. The statues are really nice though. Only downside is that they're all pretty big, wish they would've made a few smaller ones as well.

TyrantII

I can't get a legendary Railway Riffle for the life of me.

Anyone know a loot lockable place that spawns level 15 ledgenday enemies? I've found 14, and 20+; but at 20+ there's just too much in the loot pool

Replicant

This is why I love the Gauss Rifle:

https://youtu.be/6vnkQUTVN5E

I'd have been toast there if I had carried a Missile Launcher instead. Not only it has limited amount of VATS, the reload time is awful. Also, now that they've taken away....er, adjusted MacReady's perk, shots don't have the same amount of impact as before. Ugh. Need to upgrade more stats.

I don't know why people hate defend the settlement missions. I find them entertaining especially when the place is stormed by about 10 Super Mutant Warlords like this one.

I'd have been toast there if I had carried a Missile Launcher instead. Not only it has limited amount of VATS, the reload time is awful. Also, now that they've taken away....er, adjusted MacReady's perk, shots don't have the same amount of impact as before. Ugh. Need to upgrade more stats.

I don't know why people hate defend the settlement missions. I find them entertaining especially when the place is stormed by about 10 Super Mutant Warlords like this one.

I don't even help my settlers, i just watch and loot corpses as they mow down the invaders with their Poisoner's Plasma Rifles. The only problem of course is the goo puddles that never despsawn.

I like them myself. Can sometimes be challenging too such as the time I warped right into the middle of heavily armed Super Mutants to defend Outpost Zimonja. Such a mess that the best bet for initial survival was to try to find cover and prep the mininuke launcher, something I normally don't carry and prefer not to use. But yeah needed it that time.

I also made sure to move the warp point after that. The default Zimonja spot often lands you right in the middle of the enemy.

Replicant

I don't even help my settlers, i just watch and loot corpses as they mow down the invaders with their Poisoner's Plasma Rifles. The only problem of course is the goo puddles that never despsawn.

I guess I just don't trust them to be capable enough to defend themselves. The turrets, I know I can rely on but the settlers themselves? I've had some dead settlers before and it's a nuisance having to find new settlers when you already assign them to shops etc. Also, it nets you a little bit experience points so I don't mind.

I like them myself. Can sometimes be challenging too such as the time I warped right into the middle of heavily armed Super Mutants to defend Outpost Zimonja. Such a mess that the best bet for initial survival was to try to find cover and prep the mininuke launcher, something I normally don't carry and prefer not to use. But yeah needed it that time.

I also made sure to move the warp point after that. The default Zimonja spot often lands you right in the middle of the enemy.

When I first started - like this was way way back when I was only level 20 or so, Warwick (the same settlement in the video) also got attacked by a group of (normal) super mutants with minigun. I was overwhelmed and had to use run, gun and hide tactic to draw them away from the settlement while not getting myself killed either.

These days, Super Mutant Warlords (especially if they have suicider amongst them - ugh) and Gen-1 synths are the worst group to attack your settlements. Raiders are easy to dispatch. I've had the occasional bear/mirelurk/deathclaw attacks but they are fine usually.

And yeah, setting up fast travel area is important these days. I don't ever want to get caught in the middle of firefight between the invaders and my turrets again.

I guess I just don't trust them to be capable enough to defend themselves. The turrets, I know I can rely on but the settlers themselves? I've had some dead settlers before and it's a nuisance having to find new settlers when you already assign them to shops etc. Also, it nets you a little bit experience points so I don't mind.

Did you show up after a raid? Cuz if you show up to defend a settlement your Settlers are immortal, and you are the only person in the universe capable of killing settlers and provisioners, even the dogs you buy and dispatch to your settlements are immortal. They go down like your companions but will eventually get back up unless you accidentally kill one with friendly fire, I accidentally killed Daniel Finch.

My character is bugged to hell, 20 lbs of carrying capacity on my character just up and vanished, i have a natural -10 energy resistance. And for whatever reason Cait has a 440 lbs un-adjusted carrying capacity.

Replicant

Did you show up after a raid? Cuz if you show up to defend a settlement your Settlers are immortal, and you are the only person in the universe capable of killing settlers and provisioners, even the dogs you buy and dispatch to your settlements are immortal. They go down like your companions but will eventually get back up unless you accidentally kill one with friendly fire, I accidentally killed Daniel Finch.

Weird. I showed up during raid. One of the mutants threw a grenade and Cedric Jones died on the spot along with another settler while Janey was alive but injured (she was on the ground). I had to reload then bait the mutants to leave the settlers and chase me instead.

Also, a note to those who haven't bought the DLC, they'll increase the price on March 1st. So you technically only have 1 or 2 days depending on where you live.

Started playing this again yesterday from my existing save.

I'm not really sure what's going on story wise but what a great game. I feel like second-time around I've become hooked.

Venture

The map is tiny and you have multiple settlements and you can use the vertibird to get about.

It's a challenge for a reason.
The vertibird's not really a replacement for fast travel. It can still take a few minutes to travel across the map, plus not everyone is friendly with the Brotherhood. All the help defend such and such settlement missions are going to be a real pain in the ass.

The vertibird's not really a replacement for fast travel. It can still take a few minutes to travel across the map, plus not everyone is friendly with the Brotherhood. All the help defend such and such settlement missions are going to be a real pain in the ass.

Just to let you know, the two other factions can use the vertibird besides the brotherhood. And one faction has a teleporter. So even if you aint in the brotherhood, still can travel large distances, physically in the game.

But anyways.

Man, I really underestimated the berserker legendary effect on guns. It's pretty OP when you got no armor on.
Regular damage with moderate amount of armor on.
12779005_236734859993611_8682076176867421752_o.jpg

Damage with almost no armor on.
12719300_236734866660277_6098593146428031840_o.jpg

12771531_236734863326944_7582108516320185954_o.jpg

Shit turns me into a glass cannon though. Which is fine since with too much armor on, I pretty much steam roll everything at level 117.

Just to let you know, the two other factions can use the vertibird besides the brotherhood. And one faction has a teleporter. So even if you aint in the brotherhood, still can travel large distances, physically in the game.

But anyways.

Man, I really underestimated the berserker legendary effect on guns. It's pretty OP when you got no armor on.
Regular damage with moderate amount of armor on.
12779005_236734859993611_8682076176867421752_o.jpg

Damage with almost no armor on.
12719300_236734866660277_6098593146428031840_o.jpg

12771531_236734863326944_7582108516320185954_o.jpg

Shit turns me into a glass cannon though. Which is fine since with too much armor on, I pretty much steam roll everything at level 117.

Gauss Rifle is still better though :p
And I suppose this is a modded PC version

Booted this game up after awhile and saw "patch 1.03" available but i stopped and deleted it because I want to know...

does 1.03 fix the settlement Size glitch and the resource dupe glitch?

if so, im not downloading it, at least until i finish with all my settlements.

Venture

Oh, that's cool. Never knew that. So, the other factions will sell you vertibird grenades if you take out the Brotherhood?

Beat the story finally, and I'm still not clear on what the Institute were even trying to do. They seemed to spend 100% of their time and resources on capturing rogue synths... who they released in the first place. Father kept acting like he was going to reveal their endgame when the time was right... then nothing.

Venture

Beat the story finally, and I'm still not clear on what the Institute were even trying to do. They seemed to spend 100% of their time and resources on capturing rogue synths... who they released in the first place. Father kept acting like he was going to reveal their endgame when the time was right... then nothing.
They're just trying to make the Commonwealth a better place, same as the other factions. They release synths as undercover agents (like the mayor of Diamond City) to affect change as they see fit or just to experiment on humanity. The synths they are trying to recapture are ones that have escaped from the Institute.

They're just trying to make the Commonwealth a better place, same as the other factions.

But how? The other fractions at least give a clear answer on what they are doing and how that would make the commonwealth a better place according to their believes.
As for the Institute, their goals more sound like

1. Release Synth into the Commonwealth
2. Get a badass new fusion generator
3. ??????????
4. Commonwealth = Better place

doesn't make sense to me

But how? The other fractions at least give a clear answer on what they are doing and how that would make the commonwealth a better place according to their believes.

The Institutes goal is to covertly manipulate and shape humanity by planting synths in positions of authority.

For reference here are other fictional organizations that do the same thing minus using synths
The illuminati
Hydra
The Vorlon

kubus

Price of the season pass has already been increased on PSN :/ wtf Bethesda.

Could buy it digitally from GAME or Amazon.de but does anyone know if it would be compatible with a Dutch PS4 copy?

Edit: Rushed to the store and bought a code 10 minutes before closing time. Pfew.

Don't have the game or season pass and wanna buy both today for US ps4. Digital or physical doesn't matter, I just wanna get the best deal. Any tips on the cheapest option?

Obviously I am asking for spoilers, but..

Does your significant other ever make an appearance later on in the game for some crazy reason?

If not, I'm not going to spend much effort into making them look interesting. I'll just go with default.

kidko

Obviously I am asking for spoilers, but..

Does your significant other ever make an appearance later on in the game for some crazy reason?

If not, I'm not going to spend much effort into making them look interesting. I'll just go with default.

Your offspring's apperance becomes a mix of the husband and wife combined, so that might play into your decision

Amazon has the game+season pass for $68 which is the cheapest i've seen so far.

$38 for the game and $30 for the season pass.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YQ2KCWO/ref=twister_B00YS5PB98?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Nice deal on the PC physical too. Combined with the GMG 20% coupon on the season pass I got it all for under $60 yay.Thanks for the heads up!

suikodan

What do I do now????

I am at a 3-way branch (with
Virgil
's plans and now, Desdemona and Preston won't talk to me other than to team with them for these plans.

I have lots of quests to turn in to them but I'm stuck and don't want to make a choice yet.

Any solution????

What do I do now????

I am at a 3-way branch (with
Virgil
's plans and now, Desdemona and Preston won't talk to me other than to team with them for these plans.

I have lots of quests to turn in to them but I'm stuck and don't want to make a choice yet.

Any solution????

Minuteman radiant quests will complete themselves overtime with out talking to Preston if the only thing left to do is Talk to Preston. You can get more minuteman quests by listening to Radio Freedom.

You're Boned with Desdemona.

Had about a month off this after finishing the main quest line I still have a number of side quests to complete which will help me warm up for the impending DLC.

Venture

As for the Institute, their goals more sound like

1. Release Synth into the Commonwealth
2. Get a badass new fusion generator
3. ??????????
4. Commonwealth = Better place

doesn't make sense to me
There isn't any overarching sinister plan or anything. They need the new fusion reactor to keep up with their growing population and to continue to expand. Like unholyrevenger72 said, the synths working undercover are just a means to manipulate the populace and guide them as the Institute sees fit. I guess ultimately, once they deem the Commonwealth civilized enough, they would attempt to make contact again and then be able to openly live and work among them.

The one problem I do have with the Institute story is the vagueness of the whole kidnapping and replacing people thing. I would've liked to have known more about the process and to be able to confront Shaun about it. Given no other information I had to conclude they are just straight up murdering the people they kidnap after replacing them. One of the main reasons I chose not to support the Institute.

That's nothing compared to an Explosive automatic combat shotgun. Each pellet is explosive.

So there is a shotgun in the game that is actually good? I hate that the regular two shotguns suck hard. I hope we get a new one in one of the DLCs.
Also I hope they release some infos on the first DLC soon. A trailer or more details on what we get with it.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
the explosive double barreled shotgun is one of the only four weapons that I carry by default (others are the Deliverer, the Gainer and the Last Minute).

I focused primarily on pistols and associated perks but now I love using the end game weapon
Final Judgment
taken from major character
Maxson

Top Bottom