• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Well, doing one final vanilla run I guess before the DLCs and Mods start rolling in, then I think I'm going to shelve this until Survival is out.

How's this look?

6EA316FC552CED1D4B4E7285F5009B5F5A0A2C89

That friendly Black merchant (who sells alcohol), showed up at the settlement I sent him to ages ago. I read that many of those "special" merchants were/are glitched and would more or less disappear altogether after you send them to a settlement. I wonder if the patch we just got, fixed those buggy guys up?

Ugh, is there an eta on survival mode on ps4?

Edit: see that's being covered above me

Yeah I played nv in hardcore and am waiting for survival mode for this as well. Hopefully you can edit individual things though cause I'm not playing if I cant save anywhere, what a dumb idea in a bethesda game

Ugh, is there an eta on survival mode on ps4?

Edit: see that's being covered above me

Yeah I played nv in hardcore and am waiting for survival mode for this as well. Hopefully you can edit individual things though cause I'm not playing if I cant save anywhere, what a dumb idea in a bethesda game

I don't see the saving to be an issue. If you pay attention there are beds all around. The lack of fast travel could be more pain in the ass.

I'm more worried about bugs and whatnot

I haven't had any bugs in ages. The game didn't crash at all after the 1.3 patch was out.
Don't know about PC though. But for PC there should be a mod that would enable saving even in survival mode so I don't see that there would be major problems with this.

I'm still hoping they put in a Synth companion DLC. I'm looking forward to Automatron, but I'd also like to make my own companion in the character creator like in Dragon's Dogma.

At the very least have the Institute make a copy of your spouse. There's no way that "Institute spoilers"
Father wouldn't make a Synth copy of his own Mother

I haven't had any bugs in ages.

I wish it's been the same for me.
- 1 crash
- Permanently lost 20 lbs of carrying capacity (my un-adjusted carrying capacity used to be 12 strength + max Strong Back= 370 now it's 350)
- Permanently -10 energy resist as my base energy resist (though tbf this one predates 1.03)

these next ones i'm not really complaining about but they're still bugs
- Cait and MacCready are pemanently stuck with +20% movement speed
- Cait has an un-adjusted carrying capacity of 440 lbs.

I wish it's been the same for me.
- 1 crash
- Permanently lost 20 lbs of carrying capacity (my un-adjusted carrying capacity used to be 12 strength + max Strong Back= 370 now it's 350)
- Permanently -10 energy resist as my base energy resist (though tbf this one predates 1.03)

these next ones i'm not really complaining about but they're still bugs
- Cait and MacCready are pemanently stuck with +20% movement speed
- Cait has an un-adjusted carrying capacity of 440 lbs.

I probably would't identify any of those bugs lol

So finally I'm able to hack all terminals. This was annoying me for some time now. I hate it if I don't have access to everything.

Finally been able to find out what's in that vault of this bank. The terminal was a pain in the ass. The vault was cool, nothing to special but I love this little things in the game. Just exploring, finding stuff that's not on the map or part of a quest.

I am almost level 48 and I do not know what to do to get to level 50. Ive done every quest and side quest possible in the game...this is the last achievement I need. Preston somehow stopped giving me radiant quests. I prayed the whole time for him to stop and now when I need them, he wont give me any. Dont really feel like going around to random places trying to find enemies.

I am almost level 48 and I do not know what to do to get to level 50. Ive done every quest and side quest possible in the game...this is the last achievement I need. Preston somehow stopped giving me radiant quests. I prayed the whole time for him to stop and now when I need them, he wont give me any. Dont really feel like going around to random places trying to find enemies.

Listen to Radio Freedom to receive Minutemen radiant quests.

Radiant Quests Are a good Source of XP and scale with your level so XP is always worth it. If you are with Railroad they offer loads.

Go to a settlement you have not build on and build! Even withour Idiot Savant Perk you still can level up before you know it!

Or find all the locations - Good Loot, fun, and XP for finding them, and killing enemies!

I wonder how you play the game. I was something like level 80 when I finished it.
Ok I was trying to level up quick but still.

My goal for my second char now is level 100.

I didnt invest in any skills that would increase the amount of xp I received.

Other than Idiot savant there aren't no skills that increase the amount of xp. And getting high INT of course.

I really start to like the whole settlement stuff. Fells somehow nice to make a settlement and get your people the stuff they want. Building little houses for them, decorating them.
I think I will put some effort into this. Even though I still think the building mechanics are very cluncky and I would have handled it a lot different.

I started a new playthrough some ten gameplay hours ago but damn, I'm just not feeling it. I started focussing on building right away and just didn't have a lot of fun.

Think I'll restart and focus on exploring and actually having fun before settling down and building a merchant empire. Want to finish the game with the Minutemen while keeping the Brotherhood and Railroad alive.

I started a new playthrough some ten gameplay hours ago but damn, I'm just not feeling it. I started focussing on building right away and just didn't have a lot of fun.

Think I'll restart and focus on exploring and actually having fun before settling down and building a merchant empire. Want to finish the game with the Minutemen while keeping the Brotherhood and Railroad alive.

Yeah that's also the ending I'm going for. But I think I will play the main quest after the DLCs. Just exploring and building right now.

Where the hell do I get adhesive? And how do I assign people to guard posts to get the defense rating?

Overall I feel like the game does jack shit in terms of explaining the crafting and building so if there are any videos you guys recommend it would be appreciated.

Also is it worth getting idiot savant if I plan on going high int?

Where the hell do I get adhesive? And how do I assign people to guard posts to get the defense rating?

Overall I feel like the game does jack shit in terms of explaining the crafting and building so if there are any videos you guys recommend it would be appreciated.

Adhesive- There is no one place to find adhesive, you just have pick everything up, (your Companions have limited trade space, if you order them to pick something up they have infinite carrying capacity) and you shouldn't have to worry about crafting. As you'll pick all the adhesive you'll run into. You'll also end up crafting the cheapest components for weapons so you can strip them of more expensive mods and put them on your weapons.
You can also farm Water, Corn, Tatos, and Mutfruit to make Vegetable Starch which is broken down into adhesive.

Guards Posts- Build 3 guard posts, and assign one settler to one of the posts. The settler will then auto assign himself to the other 2. Giving you 6 defense.

Idiot Savant is always worth it regardless of you intelligence.

JVIkUEU.png

You can achieve an Intelligence of 15 by doing the following

-Achieve an intelligence of 10 (Character Creation, Leveling Up, Dogmeat Duping the You're S.P.E.C.I.A.L Magazine, you'll need to un-install then re-install your game data and not update it)
-Level up and take Party Boy Level 1 and 2
-Craft a Dirty Wastelander Beverage
-If you haven't done it yet un-install then re-install your game data and not update it
-Drink the Dirty Wastelander
-While under the influence of the Dirty Wastelander (-4 to your Intelligence) Dogmeat Dupe You're S.P.E.C.I.A.L 4 times Bringing your Drunken intelligence to 10. Once the booze wear off you'll have a intelligence of 14
-Pick up the Intelligence Bobble Head.

Adhesive is really the most important resource if you want to make your own guns.
Just pick up all the duct tape and glue you can find. There is always some adhesive in a red toolbox or tool cabinet. Also there is mostly duct tape in a place that looks like a workshop.

GravyButt

I haven't had time to play the past two months sadly due to work/life being insanely busy. But now things are going to be normalized again soon so I should be able to get back into it again in a few weeks. Im debating waiting though till some of the dlc comes out. Think it will flow seamlessly into the game? Im about halfway through id say.

Am I missing something or is it not possible to modify or rename helmets at all? Playing on ps4

You can modify some helmets like the metal helmet. Other you can't. Don't know about renaming though. The ones you can modify you should also be able to rename I guess.

EDIT: Lol. So I finally convinced Brandis to rejoin the Brotherhood. While talking to him shit brake loose behind my back. I just heard massive ramble and Piper fighting. After the conversation I look outside and theres a fucking Behemoth. Where the hell does a Behemoth come from at that place up there in the north.
Wasted my last submachine gun ammo with the spray n' pray on him.

Finally finished this, took me 36 hours. I went for the
Institute route
because it seemed the least obvious choice but it was pretty terrible. The main goal of the route
powering the power plant
felt super unimportant, and the big twist earlier, which I didn't see coming at all, felt like nothing. There were no time where I actually felt emotionally invested on anything on the main story. At least
the last part of fighting the BoS at least felt like something was really happening: other time I felt that was the castle boss and one of the earlier missions with BoS.
. I don't think the other factions are any better because I did all of them as far as I can I expect that
all of them lead to "kill the others" and then you see the credits kind of thing

I'd like to say that I had some fun with the game at parts: the world was pretty great and the locations were interesting and the gun play was okay-ish. The graphics and sound were charming at points too.

But then again the dialog system utter garbage (like worst-of-the-class kind, but at least somewhat better with full dialogue mod), nearly everything in the main story was uninteresting at best, the gun play was once again just okay-ish, many of the missions were rather repetitive
go to place and kill everyone
style of missions and there were rather low amounts of actually meaningful things and outcomes. I couldn't give a crap about the crafting either so I missed out on that too. Not to mention the crappiness on a technical level (when talking about load times and overall jankyness, bugs and performance).

Overall I think that I am missing Fallout 4. I did tons of missions and basically saw everything the main story has to offer and traveled through hundreds of side missions and whatever. The high points were great but they were far and in-between. I feel like there has to be some really great side content that I just happened to miss out on, or that I was just playing the game wrong. I contemplated on buying the season pass before the price increase just not to miss out on anything, but is there anything to miss out?

I'm over 200 hours into the game and the last main mission I did was
meet Virgil in the Glowing Sea, and he told me to go get him a serum
. I still got a lot of time to sink into this game. I rarely fast travel and I've been working with the settlements enough to keep them happy.

N° 2048

I'm over 200 hours into the game and the last main mission I did was
meet Virgil in the Glowing Sea, and he told me to go get him a serum
. I still got a lot of time to sink into this game. I rarely fast travel and I've been working with the settlements enough to keep them happy.

Well done, it was at least 100 hours before I hit diamond city. I'm so happy I took my time. I still play every week and find something new.

I found a 10mm pistol that shoots two projectiles at once. Would it be better used as a single shot powerful pistol or an automatic one?

Also I have 9 int

Should I spend a perk to get 10 int just for the bonus xp? I have no intention of getting nerd rage

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone else find it strange that even though you save the lives of both of those douche brothers from the Dugout Inn that they still barely acknowledge you and still charge you for a room? I can understand if it was written that way for a reason, but it's kind of just "whatever" from a game design perspective. At least explain why :/

I found a 10mm pistol that shoots two projectiles at once. Would it be better used as a single shot powerful pistol or an automatic one?

Also I have 9 int

Should I spend a perk to get 10 int just for the bonus xp? I have no intention of getting nerd rage

Depends on wether you favor single shot or automatic. I'd choose the one you put more perks into.

As for INT. If you already have the INT bobble head then you could use one point for INT but I don't think that one point would change that much.

Anyone else find it strange that even though you save the lives of both of those douche brothers from the Dugout Inn that they still barely acknowledge you and still charge you for a room? I can understand if it was written that way for a reason, but it's kind of just "whatever" from a game design perspective. At least explain why :/

Yeah some things in the writing are kind of strange. But why should you even need to rent a room. Never did that

I'm frustrated again. It seems like I can't end the Lost patrol quest. It says I should talk to Danse but when I talk to him only dialogue options are to take him as a companion and if he's my companion talking to him doesn't finish the quest as well.
Those things annoy the fuck out of me. I hate it if there are quests in my quest log that can't be finished.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Yeah some things in the writing are kind of strange. But why should you even need to rent a room. Never did that

The room is just convenient because it's close to the shops, and when I want to heal up and get a well-rested bonus (and also advance time), it's right there.

Replicant

I'm frustrated again. It seems like I can't end the Lost patrol quest. It says I should talk to Danse but when I talk to him only dialogue options are to take him as a companion and if he's my companion talking to him doesn't finish the quest as well.
Those things annoy the fuck out of me. I hate it if there are quests in my quest log that can't be finished.

"Lost Patrol" is one of those missions you are better off finishing before doing "Reunion". Supposedly you can submit the mission to Kells for completion later on after you joined the Brotherhood in the Prydwen but it's never specified when. I suspect it'd have to be after "Blind Betrayal" if you have tried to do it and it didn't work.

But if you ask me, I'll re-winded and re-played the game so that I finished that mission before the Brotherhood descended into Boston.

TyrantII

Been trying to farm a legendary Railway Riffle to no avail. Am I missing something? Is there a mission gate?

I've gotten other rare drops.

"Lost Patrol" is one of those missions you are better off finishing before doing "Reunion". Supposedly you can submit the mission to Kells for completion later on after you joined the Brotherhood in the Prydwen but it's never specified when. I suspect it'd have to be after "Blind Betrayal" if you have tried to do it and it didn't work.

But if you ask me, I'll re-winded and re-played the game so that I finished that mission before the Brotherhood descended into Boston.

I was able to finish the quest at Kells after I did the Fort Strong quest. Thank god.

So I was thinking about setteling down in Covenant
I killed everyone there.

Anybody got any experiences with this place as a settlement. It's kind of unique and I think there might be some problems with it.

Top Bottom