• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

CrovaxPSO

So I just downloaded and started up the DLC on PS4, and the distress call was in French. Thought it was supposed to be like that so I just waited for the quest to update, went to it, and... the robot there speaks French and I speak French to her. Everything else is still in English. Weird.

Edit: Quit the game and it said update 1.4 was ready to install but I was pretty sure I had already updated. Let it install (again?) and now the voices are in English.

Downloaded it from Steam last night and beat it a couple hours ago. It's nothing inspiring or gripping. If you came for any semblance of a story then I don't know why you are still playing a Bethesda game, the main quest is basically just an excuse and tutorial for the real "meat" of the DLC which is being able to craft robot companions.

It's a fairly customizable system allowing you to go so far as to choose the voices of each robo-companion you craft alongside everything else. However, you're still basically just adding more brain-dead AI companions which you can choose to have tag along with you. For fuck sakes "Metal Gear," I gave you a missile launcher arm on top of that shiskebab stop trying to melee that overpowered enemy and blast him with some rockets!

Having a hard time on X1 getting Assualtron. I bought the Season pass and it says I have to install and I do. Go into the game and there's no radio station prompt to start the DLC.

Anyone run into this?

Replicant

So did Bethesda just added a "Team Rocket blasting off again" move to their dead enemy ragdoll repertoire? Or have I not been paying much attention?

Basically I've noticed how enemies tend to fly up into the sky like Team Rocket from Pokemon as of late. It's kind of hilarious especially when huge-ass creatures like Yao Guai does the same thing. Here's what I'm talking about (starting from 1:25):

https://youtu.be/jltky-aZnL4

Also, that mission was such a clusterfuck. It was hard not to accidentally ally-shoot your fellow Minutemen unless you stick to VATS shots. Also, explosive bullets are not recommended. I think I sent that radio announcer guy to his grave by accident at one point when an enemy exploded next to him so I had to reload the entire thing.

DarkKyo

I actually never finished the Fallout 4 story.. I'm like 85-90% done with it. Should I finish it before I attempt the DLC or does it not matter?

Volimar

Just finished it. A bit underwhelming mission wise. The automatons are pretty cool, but most of the quests just follow the 'go to x, destroy all enemies' formula. The end could have been interesting, but it just sort of wasn't. Not sure if that was because of my dialogue choices.

Hope the next DLC has a bit more depth to it.

I think the next dlc is wasteland workshop. I don't think there's story content in that one. But after that is Far Harbor which is a proper expansion.

So did Bethesda just added a "Team Rocket blasting off again" move to their dead enemy ragdoll repertoire? Or have I not been paying much attention?

Basically I've noticed how enemies tend to fly up into the sky like Team Rocket from Pokemon as of late. It's kind of hilarious especially when huge-ass creatures like Yao Guai does the same thing. Here's what I'm talking about (starting from 1:25):

https://youtu.be/jltky-aZnL4

Also, that mission was such a clusterfuck. It was hard not to accidentally ally-shoot your fellow Minutemen unless you stick to VATS shots. Also, explosive bullets are not recommended. I think I sent that radio announcer guy to his grave by accident at one point when an enemy exploded next to him so I had to reload the entire thing.

That's always been in the game, especially if you VATS headshot kill someone who is running.

Tried to make a character that looked like Ciri to play through all of the DLC.

o4npc2w.jpg

squadr0n

the options for the robot crafting are awesome but holy crap does this add a whole new level to the huge dips in frame rate for me on pc.

Dead Man

It had the same amount of depth as the main game... Kill everything, not much in way of choice.

I found the enemies to be quite challenging, most were level 52+

Pretty much. Yeah, the challenge to some of them was quite good, serious damage dolled out by a few.

I think the next dlc is wasteland workshop. I don't think there's story content in that one. But after that is Far Harbor which is a proper expansion.

Ah, sweet. Been staying in the dark with the DLC but I reckon I might have to change that.

Moofers

I'm fooling around with the DLC now on PS4. I like it! My new companion is pretty interesting. So far we've gone on two missions together (go here, raise hell, collect thing) but it's been fun. Enemies are tough. I'm level 65 and doing fine but I've had a couple of close calls.

What I like is that you can build a robot at any settlement you want and then it's basically a new resident. You can assign them work if you'd like. I now have a couple of guard bots at The Caslte :)

I dig it. I'm glad I bought the season pass just before the price went up.

Btw I should have an archived stream of this at http://twitch.tv/moofpackandrew

Yeah I'm start to get ready to be able to get back into Fallout but I want to wait until survival mode comes out. Have they even said when they are releasing that?

New survival mode will be added as a beta patch for PC next week:
https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/712390897279717376?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

So I guess proper/console patch follows something like a few weeks / month after that? Don't remember how long the other patches took to get out of beta.

françois

Still not here for me :/ Even if I log out, the store won't have the DLC. I'm on french PSN btw, I've tried UK PSN and it's here...

I could download it yesterday at aroun 3-4 PM, but this was the Belgian (benelux maybe?) store. Seems strange that the french store wouldn't have it before us.

Only wish that I knew that I had to go to the actual store to download it, rather than having it download automatically if you have the season pass. Sat around for a while before I figured it out.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The DLC was fun, but I was a bit underwhelmed. I was hoping that they would add things like perk redistribution and/or adding ballistic weave to anything.

But those will have to wait for mods it seems.

Volimar

I liked the dlc. It was fun.
Boy that last place took forever. Some good weapons in the mix and having robots protecting my settlements is something I've wanted since day one. I also really liked looting new mods.

Warning you will go through a lot lot lot of materials.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
So overall how would you rate Fallout 4's first DLC as opposed to Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3's?

Would you say its worth buying currently if your interested in the gameplay? or would it be better to wait for a sale?

So overall how would you rate Fallout 4's first DLC as opposed to Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3's?

Would you say its worth buying currently if your interested in the gameplay? or would it be better to wait for a sale?

It's a bit small on the content side, but what's there is pretty good. It's probably not worth $10 unless you're really into Fallout 4.

Venture

Nice, there are dialogue options if you confront The Mechanist as
The Silver Shroud
I think I'll have to try that. I've only played a little of the Automatron quest line but it seems like it'll be some goofy fun. It's nice to have a few new enemy types anyway. Really loving the robot building. I didn't know you'd be able to build more than one at time. Is there a limit on how many you can make? I have dreams of creating an all robot settlement and maybe replacing all my provisioners with robots.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How's the game's performance on Xbox as of late? Did they improve the framerate at all? Does installing it on an external hard drive still help with those mini-freezes when switching weapons?

I wouldn't buy this DLC right now. I don't think it's worth the money. The robot building stuff is fun and I need a lot of perks to be able to fully use it. But the quests and story are not really good. Also the enemies are way to strong. I had to turn down the difficulty and still kept dying way more than ever before in the game.
It's a nice addition to the game if you've purchased the season pass for 30 bucks but I would not recommend it otherways.

françois

The robot building stuff is fun and I need a lot of perks to be able to fully use it.

The perks sort of bother me, especially since we're not given a perk reset. I'm at level 63 and haven't got a lot of points in stuff like science and armorer. Having to level up just so I can build all the stuff that I want is kind of annoying.

valkyre

Guys how is the framerate these days? Are the dips and stutters still bad (indoors etc)?

PS: Asking for PS4 version , if that makes any difference...

Top Bottom