• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I
built the workstation in Sanctuary too but the quest marker pointed me somewhere else (Jamaica Plain?). I had the same issue but when I traveled to Jamaica Plain from Sanctuary with Ada she approached me and the next quest triggered. It's like it was ties to the location rather than Ada herself

Hope that helps

Thanks, that's something I'll try.
i will have to gather the resources, which is strange that not every single location stores the same resources, but I guess that's "keeping it real".

Thanks, that's something I'll try.
i will have to gather the resources, which is strange that not every single location stores the same resources, but I guess that's "keeping it real".
Send one of your settlers from your main base to the new one as a Supply Line. It'll share resources then.

You need perks like animal friend and wasteland whisperer to build some of the new stuff. Well looks like I also need to get those perks then. Damn I need so many skill points :(

N° 2048

You need perks like animal friend and wasteland whisperer to build some of the new stuff. Well looks like I also need to get those perks then. Damn I need so many skill points :(

Time to start grinding, had to get a few levels for Automaton too. Getting hard at 70+ lol.

Time to start grinding, had to get a few levels for Automaton too. Getting hard at 70+ lol.

I'm only at 55 right now but I still need so many. But I still have a lot of stuff to do.
I just went to the glowing sea for the main quest. It's always amazing. They really did a great job on that area. Love it.

Looks like I need to get a lot of softshell mirelurk meat to get as many cats as possible. I cooked all I found so far. Damn shame. Time to kill some Mirelurks!

N° 2048

I'm only at 55 right now but I still need so many. But I still have a lot of stuff to do.
I just went to the glowing sea for the main quest. It's always amazing. They really did a great job on that area. Love it.

Looks like I need to get a lot of softshell mirelurk meat to get as many cats as possible. I cooked all I found so far. Damn shame. Time to kill some Mirelurks!

You know what I haven't gone back to Glowing Sea enough. I'm currently trying to explore all locations and get the platinum (just need my BoS playthrough and settlement + bobblehead trophies).

I'm going to go explore it for a bit now :)

What difficulty do you play at?

Very Hard

I think it's time for me to switch to Very hard too. With my heavy robot armor the game became a lot easier.

The journey to the glowing sea was also a walk in the park with the X-01 power armor. Damage resistance of 1600 lol

N° 2048

BethesdaGameStudios ‏@BethesdaStudios 38m38 minutes ago
An incremental PS4 update for #Fallout4 has deployed - adding #WastelandWorkshop trophy support. Xbox One & PC are currently up to date.

Tigress

So do the cats only show up when you open the trap (and then disappear when you leave only to show up when you open the trap again?).

Or does it end up with a permenant kitty at your residence? I might have to do this just to get some cats in Sanctuary (that's where I made my home base).

Can someone post the trophies?

Yes

Docile: Have 5 tamed creatures in a Settlement
Instigator: Start a spectated arena fight in a settlement
Trapper: Build one of every cage type
All bronze
But these are the ones that show up on PS4 so it's confirmed though.

EDIT: Damn you stan

Morokh

Planters and new lights, I'm a happy man !

But still most of those things should have been in the game from the start and not in a DLC package :mad:

Dang, I'm gonna need to start hoarding resources so I can rebuild some of my settlements I've already got a chain set up pretty much all over the Commonwealth, I'm just severely lacking in some resources. I wish scavengers brought in more.

Replicant

Docile – Have 5 tamed creatures in a settlement
Instigator – Start a spectated arena fight in a settlement
Trapper – Build one of every cage type

Time to use Covenant or Murkwater to host
these nasties. Well, Murkwater is already littered by these assholes anyway

I had a question in regards to the DLC? I'm playing on PS4 and I have a terrible glitch that I can't fix.

i can't install that beacon on Ada. I've tried multiple things like shooting her and then healing her, asking her about it in different ways, but all it does is give her the beacon (I can see it on her) and then it won't satisfy the quest. I've replayed the DLC to the point before this, where you fight the robot with the brain and then I uninstalled/reinstalled the entire game. It won't let me install the beacon and move on to the next objective. I built the workstation around the large contraption I made for the main quest because that might be where I have enough resources? The videos I watch are at other locations and even in Sanctuary. It just won't satisfy the quest and I've looked all over the Internet for a solution and unless you're on PC, there's no real fix.

Edit: Bethesda fix this, it's obviously an issue with this DLC of yours!

I
built the workstation in Sanctuary too but the quest marker pointed me somewhere else (Jamaica Plain?). I had the same issue but when I traveled to Jamaica Plain from Sanctuary with Ada she approached me and the next quest triggered. It's like it was ties to the location rather than Ada herself

Hope that helps
I built the workstation at the Castle, that's where it told me to go and had no problems. Hope it works for you though.
Cool. Earlier than thought. Here's the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjASHR7F79Q

Looks cool. Guess it's time to get into the whole building stuff.
Yup. I got caught with a connection bug that won't be fixed til the 12th so I might as well grind for resources. I haven't played much besides the main quest in Automatron so I think a few days of playing would be good. I get so lost in building things. I can do it for hours.

So, looking at the Fallout Wiki, are there really no new quests in this expansion except for the main story?

Bethesda mentioned it was going to just strictly be a workshop DLC. Probably why its the cheapest at $5

Doc_Drop

automatron, it seems really hard, as all my sneak skills don't work against robots

Yeh it's definitely a change of pace. Powerful ballistic weapons are a must. I did notice that the head isn't always the best place to shoot on some robots and also get the hell away from them when most die given the explosions. I went in with quite a high level science/tech character however so I did feel ready to a point. explosive bullets or two-projectile weapons seemed to help me

Tigress

Yeh it's definitely a change of pace. Powerful ballistic weapons are a must. I did notice that the head isn't always the best place to shoot on some robots and also get the hell away from them when most die given the explosions. I went in with quite a high level science/tech character however so I did feel ready to a point. explosive bullets or two-projectile weapons seemed to help me

Hacking is op against robots thigh. It always works. Unlike my intimidation against humans that for some reason ever since I upgraded it the first upgrade never works now.

Doc_Drop

Hacking is op against robots thigh. It always works. Unlike my intimidation against humans that for some reason ever since I upgraded it the first upgrade never works now.

Yeah I don't often hack as I was disappointed by the implementation. Same with terminals and turret systems, you should be able to set/reset targeting parameters rather than just on, off, or dead

Morokh

Is there any place to find Gauss Rifles outside of a certain story mission and buying them?

You mean, several missions, at one point any Railroad heavy you'll either meet or face might carry one.

They also come from levelled loot, but they're bloody rare, same for legendary ones.

Miracle

About to start up a new game after a little hiatus but wanted to ask one question:

Does the Lone Wanderer perk still work while Dogmeat is with you?

JoeNut

Maybe it being tough is something to do with the fact i have level 1 armour as i've never actually needed anything more until now.

I guess i could spend some points on the perks and upgrade what ive got

Doc_Drop

Maybe it being tough is something to do with the fact i have level 1 armour as i've never actually needed anything more until now.

Damn man, definitely. Improving resistances, extra carryweight, improved AP, stealth etc. I always make time to upgrade everything I get as soon as I can.

What's your current Damage Reduction?

um yes this sounds like something you need to adress.

Other question: Are there normal, sturdy and heavy variants of every armor type?

Get some heavy robot armor off of a Rust Devil if you don't want to wear power armor. Best armor in the game I believe.

Top Bottom