• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

julrik

I think I need some help.

Wanted to play FO4 just now, after taking a break for a while, but something is wrong. The loading screen and menu is just blinking? Figured ReShade might've fucked something up, so deleted the game and re-installed. Same thing. I have a 980M, but the game wants me to play on Low settings? Does FO4 not detect my 980M or something? Steam version BTW.

Pretty new to PC gaming, so help would be appreciated.

Get some heavy robot armor off of a Rust Devil if you don't want to wear power armor. Best armor in the game I believe.

Yes. Heavy Robot is amazing. If you put asbestos to the chest then you should be safe against robots. But it weights a lot.
I switched back to combat armor because I just love that 20% speed boost.

Volimar

I wish I could put pockets on my ballistic weave clothes. I needs mah carry weight!

I think I need some help.

Wanted to play FO4 just now, after taking a break for a while, but something is wrong. The loading screen and menu is just blinking? Figured ReShade might've fucked something up, so deleted the game and re-installed. Same thing. I have a 980M, but the game wants me to play on Low settings? Does FO4 not detect my 980M or something? Steam version BTW.

Pretty new to PC gaming, so help would be appreciated.

Try closing the game (use task manager if you have to), exiting out of steam, and then starting steam back up and trying again. If that doesn't work, make sure your video driver is up to date and try a computer restart. If that doesn't work, then...I dunno.

julrik

I wish I could put pockets on my ballistic weave clothes. I needs mah carry weight!

Try closing the game (use task manager if you have to), exiting out of steam, and then starting steam back up and trying again. If that doesn't work, make sure your video driver is up to date and try a computer restart. If that doesn't work, then...I dunno.
No luck..

My driver is up to date too.

I have no idea what's happening. Never had this problem before, and it doesn't happen with any other games.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Screenshot-Original.png

This is a bug or not?I have equipped a weapon of the dlc that gives me irradiation maybe is for that?

Also: https://account.xbox.com/es-es/gameclip/f7af88e5-613f-4ba1-84a1-6e0cd84e6a2b?gamerTag=IbizaPocholo&scid=b4900100-fd0c-476f-b32e-b74a4ae8f9b2

Tigress

Yep that should work.

That's also within canon of the story. Just got through being introduced to the institute and realized I could fast travel that way and not lose immersion as it is explained how I suddenly transport. And then realized I still don't want to use fast travel and was annoyed I had an in game reason to use it. And now I just thought I can make her not like the feel of it but use it when a settlement is in trouble.

Survival mode turns off fast travel. But what about the Institute? Couldn't you just teleport to it and then teleport anywhere else?

Yep that should work.

Currently it's:
Fast travel TO Institute from any outside location

Fast travel FROM institute only to C.I.T. ruins

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/3010

I think it makes sense game-mechanic wise because if you use the teleporter manually you exit in the CIT ruins.
Your character has an implant so that the machine can target you at any location, but not send you there.
Though in the canon they also showed that they can transport you to other locations... (maybe they should implement a return beacon item like it's done for the Synths you can summon).

Still a good way to cover emergency loot/medical/sleeping/food etc. problems quickly. But you might have a long way back, at least it's located pretty central.

Sucks that you can't use the Vertibird (grenades) if you sided with the Institute though.

Finally got the Ballistic Weave. Man that stuff is good. I think now I might even choose my armor by style and not by it's damage resistance because the ballistic weave already does a good part.
But they really should have implemented the ballistic weave at another part of the game. This stuff is too important to unlock it with a side quest of one fraction.

I didn't even know I had that stuff when I first played the game and I spent 120h on my first character.
I probably would have missed it too If I wouldn't have red about it here.

AerialAir

Banned
So I'm in the Parsons State Insane Asylum's basement, right in front of where Jack keeps his father imprisoned, but I can't complete the quest because Jack somehow got left beyond and now I have no key and no way to get back to Jack. Playing on the PS4 btw, has anyone had this problem?

SlickVic

Wow just got the Benevolent Leader achievement to pop up. Followed a guide as much as I could. Went to Red Rocket, opened up 6 Surgery Centers (definitely best to do this late game when you have the caps to spare), plastered the place with as many statues and paintings as I could, then waited a LONG time for it to crawl from 65 to 100.

This is probably old hat by now, but thing I noticed that didn't help much was waiting or sleeping. Seemed you literally have to wait there for the happiness to climb, and make sure that arrow to the right of the happiness number is going up. I kept ringing a bell to bring all the settlers near me, which I'm told helps, along with not leaving the settlement. Also had a weird glitch once it hit 98, a new settler would pop up, and the happiness would instantly drop to 97 and the arrow disappeared. Thankfully I had a save around there and wound up just kicking out any new settlers so I didn't have more than 7, and then it finally went to 100.

This may actually be the very first game I get all the achievements unless the DLC ones are super annoying.

I can admit there are issues with this game, but man do I love exploring this world, uncovering a new location and learning a small story of what happened there (I loved r
unning into that school with pink ghouls from that meal replacement program
, or
stumbling into Quincy and piecing together the story of what happened to the Minutemen
). This game just does these small side stories so well.

SlickVic

Sleeping 47hrs does the trick.

I noticed sometimes when I did 48 hours sleep it would go up 1 or 2 points but most times I did this it would stay the same. Honestly I found the easiest thing to do once I built everything I needed was to stand in the middle of the clinics and leave the game running for a few hours while I did other things.

Volimar

So I'm in the Parsons State Insane Asylum's basement, right in front of where Jack keeps his father imprisoned, but I can't complete the quest because Jack somehow got left beyond and now I have no key and no way to get back to Jack. Playing on the PS4 btw, has anyone had this problem?

Jack gets stuck super easy in that quest. It's a real pain in the ass.

Xyrmellon

Also had a weird glitch once it hit 98, a new settler would pop up, and the happiness would instantly drop to 97 and the arrow disappeared. Thankfully I had a save around there and wound up just kicking out any new settlers so I didn't have more than 7, and then it finally went to 100.

Is this a known bug? Because I've tried to get this stupid achievement 3 times following guides and wasted a ton of money and the happiness won't get any higher than 98 with a down arrow. I didn't notice any new settlers though.

Replicant

Yes, and I think I'll have to start the game all over again just because of it.

I keep seeing comments like this and I have to ask, don't you guys do manual saving? It's kind of crazy not to do it considering the likelihood of you encountering bugs, etc. I'd save as often and with different permutations to ensure I don't get screwed. I have saves from the beginning right down to the DLC. Every single important moments are there.

Is this a known bug? Because I've tried to get this stupid achievement 3 times following guides and wasted a ton of money and the happiness won't get any higher than 98 with a down arrow. I didn't notice any new settlers though.

Everytime you get a new settler, the happiness will go down. Natural, I thought since other settlers probably not sure/trust of the new settler and the distribution of resources might get out of whack (something you need to keep a watch on when a new settler comes in). But if things are okay, the happiness should go back up not long after.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef

Tigress

Has anyone had a weird bug where in the Castle settlement
(I just finished the quest to get it back for the minutemen)
it won't let you make a large generator cause it doesn't think you have the perk? Yet in other settlements (or at least the Red Rocket one) it will? I know it's not glitching at Red Rocket as I have all the requirements but when I am in castle it keeps trying to say I need the science perk at 1 (which I have to at least 3 stars, maybe 4). And it even says I have enough materials to make it as well so it's not that either (but it also shows the science perk as if I don't meet that perk).

you literally pick everything up you see and have your companion carry it. Most of my buildings are made from recycled Pipe Weapons and Raider Armor

ive just been going to buy shipments from vendors...but im going to run out of caps soon if I keep doing that.

I was able to get enough stuff together to make a generator and a cat cage...im gonna get me a cat

ive just been going to buy shipments from vendors...but im going to run out of caps soon if I keep doing that.

I was able to get enough stuff together to make a generator and a cat cage...im gonna get me a cat
Get enough resources to build a few industrial water purifiers at The Castle and come back after a few in-game weeks and collect the excess pure water from the workshop inventory. Use that as currency. You'll be infinitely rich.

How did you get the DLC already and what platform?

Get enough resources to build a few industrial water purifiers at The Castle and come back after a few in-game weeks and collect the excess pure water from the workshop inventory. Use that as currency. You'll be infinitely rich.

good tip, I'll try that out.

Xbox, changed the system location to Australia

How much power does the fusion core dock provide and how does it work? Do you need to deposit a fusion core? Does it drain them, if so how fast?

Im like the worst person to ask anything about crafting. I never did any of this stuff. If its the thing called "Generator-Fusion", it produces 100. I cant build it, you need rank 4 science which I dont have, and I dont have the material anyway

Im like the worst person to ask anything about crafting. I never did any of this stuff. If its the thing called "Generator-Fusion", it produces 100. I cant build it, you need rank 4 science which I dont have, and I dont have the material anyway
Well I checked Reddit and it doesn't need any fusion cores. Just a lot of nuclear material.

GavinUK86

Does anyone know how to make a powered door that's open, but closes when someone passes through it? Maybe with a pressure plate or tripwire?

Just been playing around with the Wasteland Workshop DLC and I want to use it to trap creatures in an area but I cannot figure out a way to get it to work.

Wasteland Workshop is already out on the PS4 in the US.

A lot of cool stuff in there, the concrete structures are great as is the new lighting. The Fusion Generators are a godsend, 3 can power the entire Castle for me and they are quiet.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
These concrete walls are neat, if not a bit of a pain to assemble because they can snap at right angles.

I was toying around with the new stuff for a few minutes, and yeah, the concrete walls look nice, but I think I'm having problems with the sizing and snapping of them and their corresponding floors. I tried to make just a simple room out of a new concrete foundation, three walls and a powered door, but it somehow ended up leaving huge gap in the floor. Also not quite sure how the powered doors are supposed to work. They just stay open the moment they're wired, with no way to close them except a switch. Of course the switch can only be on one side of the door, so you end up with no way to get back in or out depending on which side you pick. I like that there are window walls now, even if they have no glass.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim

As far as I've seen, your settlements' workbenches will accumulate as much excess food/water as they're going to accumulate in one game day. Anything beyond that just goes nowhere, so there's no need to wait weeks, just come back each day or whenever you happen to be passing by.

Top Bottom