• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I just couldn't justify going down that route when even a basic double barrel shotgun would happily handle all those situations. It's as if they wanted people to approach melee and unarmed late in game rather than getting into it straight away. Which probably matches up with the gutting of the role play elements of the game.

I don't know about that, i never felt that my character was more than a Psychobuff, or Rad-X away from being on even footing with enemies.

Note: You can parry Super Mutant Behemoth Fire Hydrant Strikes

Doc_Drop

I don't know about that, i never felt that my character was more than a Psychobuff, or Rad-X away from being on even footing with enemies.

Note: You can parry Super Mutant Behemoth Fire Hydrant Strikes

I'll admit, I have never really leaned on meds that much. Maybe I need to re-examine this. I'll still stand by the fact the melee and unarmed is nowhere near as clinical and exact as previous entries. I suppose my love of the combat rifles and shotguns may have blinded me. I have a new playthrough currently given the issues I've posted above so I may just have a look. I always enjoyed the melee approach previously, time to get cooking in the chem lab

Morokh

Just when you think this game couldn't become more inconsistant, you just learn that they completely blanked out on including the new automatron armor and weapons to the legendary loot list :/

It's really annoying that I have to resort to mods for such simple and obvious things.

Also, they say they made it so that robots can be assigned to shops in the Beta update, but not only are shops still bugged as in the NPC won't even have his normal dialogue options, but if you use robots and they actually are assigned properly, you only get the usual dialogues options and not the Bartering one ...
Kind of annoying when you spent hours building something just to have your shops glitch-out, really hope this does not go live as is.

Is it just me or is assigning settlers to things like pulling teeth now? It use to be easy when you assigned them stuff they's just do it. Now you have to spam assigning them something and hope the fucking do it.

Volimar

Is it just me or is assigning settlers to things like pulling teeth now? It use to be easy when you assigned them stuff they's just do it. Now you have to spam assigning them something and hope the fucking do it.

The only trouble I've had in that regard is trying to move settlers to other settlements. Come back a few days later and they're still there.

N° 2048

I've built massive concrete walls in all of my populated settlements over the past few days.

baha I did that already with a few too, currently trying to do this type of style to H.A

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/4es40q/i_turned_hangmans_alley_into_a_fallout_4_version/
He did that on PS4 too.

I'm going to turn Starlight into one massive structure.

=D excited to see.

I love putting Spotify on with this game sometimes. There should be a mod for PC where you can put MP3s in a folder and it turns them each into a Holotape to find, so then you can unlock those to play like the radio. i like role play.

using the dupe mat glitch for the first time:

13cvnk8zNQvgwo.gif

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
How you can have gorillas in a settlements?

Build gorilla cages from Wasteland Workshop.

However, I read that you have to finish the game a certain way?

I sided with
Railroad and have institute and BoS hostile towards me
and the gorilla cages are there for me.

I'm in the final missions right now and i saw the gorillas in the place you know and i want to have them with me.

N° 2048

I sided with

N° 2048

Just spent 7 hours working on Hangman's Alley, gonna make a video tomorrow cause my girlfriend does not give a shit so I wanna show someone who cares ha :p

françois

I sided with

I think I've read from some people in this thread that you
have to evacuate the institute
. That should allow you to catch gorillas. Haven't tried it yet since I sided with
the brotherhood of steel
in my main game.

N° 2048

I'm in the final missions right now and i saw the gorillas in the place you know and i want to have them with me.

françois;201333984 said:
. That should allow you to catch gorillas. Haven't tried it yet since I sided with
the brotherhood of steel
in my main game.

Hope that helps, thanks francois :)

Will post my settlement vid later.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
françois;201333984 said:
the brotherhood of steel
in my main game.
Re: Gorillas
I evacuated the Institute, but killed the Gorillas on the way in. They are the only species that I haven't been able to cage catch one as of yet.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
françois;201333984 said:
the brotherhood of steel
in my main game.

And how you can evacuate the
institute?In a mission with them?

françois

And how you can evacuate the
institute?In a mission with them?
Keep in mind that I haven't done any of this myself, just going off of what I've read.
Apparently if you side with the minutemen (the nuclear option - the minutemen) you enter Father's quarters and there you can issue an evacuation warning on his terminal. It should be an optional objective during the quest. But by doing so you can't side with the institute. Only works for BoS/Railroad endings

N° 2048

Starting second playthough i think, ended up scrapping the settlements rofl so nothing to show. reminds me of minecraft days where i spend days on something only to start over.

I wish we could get a release date on survival for consoles, too hyped.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Just need 4 more trophies till platinum. After that, I'll be taking a break until the next dlc so I can play more games.
But until then, rev those record players!
430.png

Volimar

"Hmm, before I start playing, I think I'll just check on each of my settlements and make sure they're up to snuff."

<4 hours later>

Okay, now I can start playing.

Just need 4 more trophies till platinum. After that, I'll be taking a break until the next dlc so I can play more games.
But until then, rev those record players!
430.png

Chopping that meat!

N° 2048

I really wish we could know if Survival is at least coming out this month on consoles...

Retired my first play through until Far Harbour DLC and wanted to start a new melee/pistol play through but if Survival is dropping next week then I might as well hold off.

Fallout problems.

N° 2048

Whoops. Got burned out doing too much building. I'll wait to play again until Far Harbor.

I pretty much decided to stop building on consoles when I saw this:

http://imgur.com/a/6SI6F

Start from the third pic down, how could Bethesda not include those institute items in workshop (when you side with them of course)?
I know it's a mod on PC too but still...

Watch it be Wasteland Workshop 2 DLC.

Sorry guys I'm so cranky, I want Survival on console this month :(

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just want console mod support at this point.

The ability to mod legendary stats to your armor and add ballistic weave to anything is all I ask.

Or add it to Far Harbor.

Volimar

That's insane. Beth has smothered the modding community with affection for years. I swear if this is just a ploy to get people to only use the sanctioned mods and therefore get creators to submit their mods to be sanctioned, I 'll be miffed.

Dead Man

I think my answer will be to continue to not care about achievements. I'm on PC though, steam achievements mean even less to me than console ones. I understand the rationale behind disabling them though, if they are supposed to be a mark of doing something difficult, it seems against the point of them to award them after mods have been used, unless they have a way of filtering which mods are okay and which are not for any given achievement, which seems like it would be a lot of work.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I think my answer will be to continue to not care about achievements. I'm on PC though, steam achievements mean even less to me than console ones. I understand the rationale behind disabling them though, if they are supposed to be a mark of doing something difficult, it seems against the point of them to award them after mods have been used, unless they have a way of filtering which mods are okay and which are not for any given achievement, which seems like it would be a lot of work.

Not many of them.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I keep seeing news about mods and whatnot, but I still don't know the release date of the mod tools. Is there something I'm missing here?

N° 2048

That certainly is shitty. I don't tend to care about achievements these days but I understand why people would be frustrated.

I don't understand, achievements have always been meant to be earned through the vanilla game.

Of course they are disabled with mods, be it official or unofficial.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
That's a bit of BS. The only mod I'm using right now is one to make the nights darker, since I always thought it was a bit silly that the darkest point at night still looked like it was barely dusk, and yet that will still block any new achievements?

N° 2048

That's a bit of BS. The only mod I'm using right now is one to make the nights darker, since I always thought it was a bit silly that the darkest point at night still looked like it was barely dusk, and yet that will still block any new achievements?

In the end your still modifying files so yea it will :/

Top Bottom