• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Volimar

Your companions sans Dogmeat have infinite carrying capacity. Put a bunch of stuff into a container and order your companion to search it. Even though they've reached their soft capacity they will continue to pick stuff.

This is true. You can also have them pick up stuff off the ground, but that doesn't work with Dogmeat either cuz he'll just fetch it and put it down in front of you.

This is true. You can also have them pick up stuff off the ground, but that doesn't work with Dogmeat either cuz he'll just fetch it and put it down in front of you.

It's much more efficient to pick the stuff up yourself then put into a container then having the companion run from one thing to another.

Another trick, if it hasn't been patched out, is too pick up a Nimble legendary gun, the legendary effect bypasses encumbrance so you all ways move at 75% base speed while scoped in.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Your companions sans Dogmeat have infinite carrying capacity. Put a bunch of stuff into a container and order your companion to search it. Even though they've reached their soft capacity they will continue to pick stuff.

edit: once their "full" they won't pick stuff up in bulk, you have to keep telling them to search the container.
However if you dont revive them theyll leave you. Aint nobody goat time for that! The Punisher goes her own way with the level 3 strongback perk.
yeah i named my character the punisher.

Got the patch on the Xbox last night, now it tells me my dlc may not work. Sure as shit, my robot building station in Sanctuary is gone

Anyone run into this?

Edit: got it to work, had to reload the dlc

N° 2048

Holy shit the /r/FO4 Reddit is toxic.

I swear it's full of teens who have never played a Fallout game in their life and bash anything they can.

Sorry I have to vent.

neoism

So i got infected by a bloodbug and then proceeded to die to a deathclaw in two hits in power armor. It doesnt help that food heals .1 health a second.

lol yeah between that and no fast travel... i turned survival on and had 1988 weight it took me awhile to figure it out.. lol it was my ammo.. I proceed to laugh for 5 mintues and said fuck that... i feel vegas did it better plus im not gonna start over.. it should have been at launch and i would have played it...

ive enjoyed my time with f4 but i liked f3 and vegas better plus this has taught me a lesson.. to never buy beth games at launch and never for console... i may dabble if fucking mods ever come to ps4....

as much as it will kill me lol its the pc GOTY version of ES6 or bust...

Marcy, Preston, you have some explaining to do...
34C109498F3DD23D0BA40DF91F83FB360B83D5DD

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The Punisher adventures in the commonwealth
So i got the power and beat the deathclaw. I didnt get infected by illness but i did get fatigued, after sleeping in bed. I decided to look for a new settlement but i got taken by one shot from raider with power armor after i threw a molotov which did minimal damage.
lol yeah between that and no fast travel... i turned survival on and had 1988 weight it took me awhile to figure it out.. lol it was my ammo.. I proceed to laugh for 5 mintues and said fuck that... i feel vegas did it better plus im not gonna start over.. it should have been at launch and i would have played it...

ive enjoyed my time with f4 but i liked f3 and vegas better plus this has taught me a lesson.. to never buy beth games at launch and never for console... i may dabble if fucking mods ever come to ps4....

as much as it will kill me lol its the pc GOTY version of ES6 or bust...
All tht needs to be added is the happy camper sleeping bag and its totally doable.

N° 2048

Guys, I'm too scared to leave Sanctuary.

What Melee/Pistols would you guys say are must-haves before hitting the main quest in Survival Mode?

The material duplication trick still works too but I have to resist temptation.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
As for Pistols, I would advise for the Gainer, can be found on the shore opposite of the Finch farm, just south of the junkyard.

Well, I'm starting to get stuttering in the PS4 version. I imagine it has the same problem that 3 and NV had on PS3? I was always told that the stuttering, crashes and other glitches were caused by you playing the game long enough that it has trouble remembering where all the items you've run across are. I imagine there's more to it than that, but that's what I know.
I suppose it can't be helped.

And that being said, I'm really enjoying the game. This generation so far I've enjoyed more of the same. I don't think there's a problem with catering to people who want that. This formula works for me.

Decider

Gaaah, apparently I contracted the molerat disease
in Vault 81
because I started a Protectron and it was attacked.

If that wasn't the silliest logic ever already, I was completely unaware of it until I downloaded the 1.6 patch on PS4 and now have a pill icon permanently living in the bottom-right corner of the screen.

N° 2048

Gaaah, apparently I contracted the molerat disease
in Vault 81
because I started a Protectron and it was attacked.

If that wasn't the silliest logic ever already, I was completely unaware of it until I downloaded the 1.6 patch on PS4 and now have a pill icon permanently living in the bottom-right corner of the screen.

Oh wow it seriously keeps the pill icon on screen? That shit lasts
literally the entire playthrough if you choose to give the cure to the kid in the vault I think

Guess I know what I am doing different this play through.

Decider

Oh wow it seriously keeps the pill icon on screen? That shit lasts
literally the entire playthrough if you choose to give the cure to the kid in the vault I think

Guess I know what I am doing different this play through.

Luckily I only rescued Curie after I completed all of the faction quests. Downloaded the patch yesterday and there it was. Not so distracting when you're in Power Armour but being a permanent ailment, obfuscates alerts for anything else that you might develop.

Heads up, in your display settings in game you can turn off that pill icon.

It's the active status setting I think. You can set it to detrimental only, all status, or off.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Is there like a google sheets or image of all the available sleeping places in fallout 4 for survival? It would be insanely useful.
Finally got my first crash. It's like initiation.
So far ive gotten only 2-3 crashes. It doesnt have nearly the same crashes as 3 or new vegas or the slowdowns in the final mission or with sentinel prime.

N° 2048

Are there any infos on new weapons for the DLC. Are there any seen in the trailer (I didn't pay that much attention sorry)

Spoiler warning.

"[DLC Spoilers] Far Harbor Weapons and Armor Showcase."
https://imgur.com/a/hltGK#bINSfoK

Far Harbor has
new magazines, quests, recipes, over 20 locations, 3 new settlements.

Achievements: http://imgur.com/P90cAMB

No story spoilers except quest names in the achievements/trophy list.

ok im getting no were in thus new survival mode. It should be called suicide mode. Everything kills me in about 1 - 2 hits. Im lvl 7 wearing leather and some metal armor and just tried that archjet mission were you follow paladin danse.

Unload my shotgun in close range on a synth two shots take about 70% of his health and he turns around and hit me once with his stick and im dead, back to 20 min ago weeee.

im gussing i should just farm stuff for a few hours and this will get alot easier. Anyone have any good tips?

Why don't my cages catch anything? Does it matter where they are built? Do they need their own power source or can multiple be close and hooked to same generator?

Edit: It can take up to a week? Maybe that is my problem.

I'm hoping that Bethesda addresses the ending with some of the unannounced dlc. Spoilers
the choice of choosing one faction to kill the others left such a sour taste in my mouth. Especially after New Vegas where you had so many options for peaceful solutions for factions save for Caesar's Legion.

I'm hoping that Bethesda addresses the ending with some of the unannounced dlc. Spoilers
the choice of choosing one faction to kill the others left such a sour taste in my mouth. Especially after New Vegas where you had so many options for peaceful solutions for factions save for Caesar's Legion.

TBF you can get away with only destroying the institute while keeping everyone else around.

Decider

TBF you can get away with only destroying the institute while keeping everyone else around.

It is annoying, though.
Having completed all of the faction quests on separate saves, I only went with the (boring) Minutemen in the end because I prefer to have the Railroad and the BoS around. (And I wasn't having Glory die, either.) Even after all of that destruction, PAM is still trying to get me to start killing off the Brotherhood. The factions are just fanatical to the point of being ridiculous.

Tigress

Alright, I got a problem with saving in my survival game (and no, this isn't a complaint about saving to beds only). I'm on PS4. My save file list is full (basically it will not allow me to do more saves).

So on my regular game sometimes it will tell me my save is full, and to delete/override another save when I'm already saving it over another save (I'm a strong believer in many saves and a bit OCD so I ended up managing to reach the limit). That's been no issue cause I can tell it to try again and it usually will do it fine the second time.

On survival every single time it tries to save it gives me this error. It some how managed to save right before I left the vault and that's the last time it will save for me, period. So I figure I need to manually delete some saves. Except I can't figure out how to do that. I hope I can cause I think I can't play survival unless I want to never quit the game and play a permadeath game (which I'm really not feeling like being that hardcore).

I suppose worse comes to worse I can wait for mods to come to PS4 and get a save anytime on survival mod. I was willing to try out having to use beds to save as well as forcing myself not to have a lot of different backup saves in case I decided I didn't like some choice I chose (though I don't like having to sleep but I was just going to use the start sleep/cancel and pretend my character didn't sleep). But it seems I may not be able to play that way (well unless I never want to die or use my PS4 for any other games).

Top Bottom