• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

It doesn't work if you have like two Raider cages and let them fight. I tried Raider vs Gunner with siren on and my settlers still got attacked/attack them too.

The raiders/gunners always go for my settlers even with the siren on.

Yeah, I'm a little bummed about that. Would make things more interesting if it worked on them. Even the Beta wave emitter doesn't work on things like Super Mutants.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Far Hardbor should be getting released soon.

Pretty excited to see what is in store.

I just hope the landmass has some meanginful content and isn't big just for the sake of being big.

So I just started playing this game today, but I have a few questions -

Can I ignore the workshop stuff? It doesn't seem fun in the least. Just looks like busy work. Are there can't miss benefits to spending time working on that aspect of the game? Is there something to make it worth it?

The power suit. So I can just leave it at Sanctaury? It'll be fine?
Is there an unlimited source to power it up or is it just one of those things you use when you're seriously stuck?
I'm the type who won't use it because I think I'll eventually get stuck without it later on in the game.

Thanks.

So I just started playing this game today, but I have a few questions -

Can I ignore the workshop stuff? It doesn't seem fun in the least. Just looks like busy work. Are there can't miss benefits to spending time working on that aspect of the game? Is there something to make it worth it?

The power suit. So I can just leave it at Sanctaury? It'll be fine?
Is there an unlimited source to power it up or is it just one of those things you use when you're seriously stuck?
I'm the type who won't use it because I think I'll eventually get stuck without it later on in the game.

Thanks.

You can ignore the workshop if you want. It is a time sink, but all the junk you collect goes to resources to create things in your settlements. Creating things adds xp though, the majority of which you will earn by fighting and finding new locations, but it is an easy way to earn xp with.The more you level up, the more perks you can get.
Power armor is again not essential, but it helps with its defensive abilities, and increases your carrying abilities.
I always worried about running out of fuel for power armor, but I have something like 200+ fuel (can't remember the actual name for them) and should have no problem of ever running out. Vendors sell them and you find them all over the wasteland.
I have stopped using them for the moment, I'm currently level 103, and was just ploughing through any enemy I came across, so I have set it to very hard and stopped using them for now.

To answer my own question about purified water, the limit is just a number. I'm getting about 2800-3200 purified waters each day, or whatever amount of time it resets at, just from spectacle island. Think that's in the region of about 60,000 caps in money.
Invest in water purification!

françois

I always worried about running out of fuel for power armor, but I have something like 200+ fuel (can't remember the actual name for them) and should have no problem of ever running out. Vendors sell them and you find them all over the wasteland.

Yeah the fusion cores seem pretty rare at the start of the game, which I found to be a positive thing, as it puts you into the mindset of only using the power armor when you feel like you'll actually need it.

I found it helpful in the main story quests in the mass fusion building, especially near the end when the security triggers at the reactor.

At a certain point though I felt strong enough where I didn't feel the need to use it, so I'm also just sitting on a massive stack of those cores.

You can ignore the workshop if you want. It is a time sink, but all the junk you collect goes to resources to create things in your settlements. Creating things adds xp though, the majority of which you will earn by fighting and finding new locations, but it is an easy way to earn xp with.The more you level up, the more perks you can get.
Power armor is again not essential, but it helps with its defensive abilities, and increases your carrying abilities.
I have stopped using them for the moment, I'm currently level 103, and was just ploughing through any enemy I came across, so I have set it to very hard and stopped using them for now.

To answer my own question about purified water, the limit is just a number. I'm getting about 2800-3200 purified waters each day, or whatever amount of time it resets at, just from spectacle island. Think that's in the region of about 60,000 caps in money.
Invest in water purification!

Thanks.

Another question - I was asked to join the brotherhood of steel. I said no, but it seems that mission won't be completed until I say yes. Is that normal?
I really don't want to join them. But I can't have an incomplete mission like that.

N° 2048

Thanks.

Another question - I was asked to join the brotherhood of steel. I said no, but it seems that mission won't be completed until I say yes. Is that normal?
I really don't want to join them. But I can't have an incomplete mission like that.

Fallout 4 will drive you mad then :p

Just ignore it and don't join them if you don't want to. The mission will fail eventually ( don't worry ).

In Fallout just do whatever you want to do. I went in the BoS headquarters and blew Danse's head off without even taking to him ha cause I knew for sure I wasn't joining them this play through.

Fallout 4 will drive you mad then :p

Just ignore it and don't join them if you don't want to. The mission will fail eventually ( don't worry ).

In Fallout just do whatever you want to do. I went in the BoS headquarters and blew Danse's head off without even taking to him ha cause I knew for sure I wasn't joining them this play through.

Well I'm glad I asked earlier than later then. Now I know it's how the game works. Thanks

Tigress

Wasn't the 1.5 patch with the new survival mode supposed to come to console today? If so, anyone else with a PS4 that keeps telling them there is no new patch (mine is on 1.4somethingorother and tells me it is on the latest when I have it check)?

N° 2048

Something about a missing kid er something?

John, Ron...? Something like that.

Wasn't the 1.5 patch with the new survival mode supposed to come to console today? If so, anyone else with a PS4 that keeps telling them there is no new patch (mine is on 1.4somethingorother and tells me it is on the latest when I have it check)?

sigh :(

Didn't work today and was expecting it. Ended up sleeping most the day, ugh.

Tigress

They never said anything about it coming today. People just assumed.

Well, it's not a bad assumption. They did say this week for consoles and at least for PSN (I don't know for live), pretty much Tuesday is the day they seem to release stuff on it. So if it was going to be this week, it would make sense it would have been today.

Devs aren't bound by the Tuesday rule anymore. Though I'd expect the patch to come a week before Far Harbor like the last few patches have before DLC.

N° 2048

Devs aren't bound by the Tuesday rule anymore. Though I'd expect the patch to come a week before Far Harbor like the last few patches have before DLC.

Then that means Far Harbor is out next week because Bethesda said Survival Mode is out for sure this week. Even if it hits Sunday that's still "this week".

edit: close enough, check post below.

I've got no desire to play through in Survival, or again at all. You have zero agency in this game and the three endings are all pretty much the same. So I am going to keep rocking out with my overpowered level 86 character on Hard through all of the DLC until I finally, fully exhaust myself.

Anything I should be buying at Diamond City or somewhere else? I have over 4,000 caps and the only thing I spend it on is ammo. I'm running out faster than I thought.
I'm also upgrading my weapons and my power suit, but most of the ones I have are already as good as they can be.

I just finished the mission where I was looking for Kellogg, so that's where I'm currently at.

Volimar

Anything I should be buying at Diamond City or somewhere else? I have over 4,000 caps and the only thing I spend it on is ammo. I'm running out faster than I thought.
I'm also upgrading my weapons and my power suit, but most of the ones I have are already as good as they can be.

I just finished the mission where I was looking for Kellogg, so that's where I'm currently at.

There's no problem hording caps till you need them. If you're into settlements at all, then things like shipments and junk will be what you'll be buying, otherwise, don't sweat it. If you're having trouble keeping ammo stocked, check out your perks. There's one that let's you find more ammo in containers.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

I had over 10000 and that quickly went to 2000.

I had over 10000 and that quickly went to 2000.

There's no problem hording caps till you need them. If you're into settlements at all, then things like shipments and junk will be what you'll be buying, otherwise, don't sweat it. If you're having trouble keeping ammo stocked, check out your perks. There's one that let's you find more ammo in containers.

That's good to know. Thanks.

Having some big issues with the PC version, was going fine until a few days ago, then all my mods stopped working, missing .esp files. Checked the plugins file and they all have * beside them, and I tried updating NMM. Nothing worked. I found a video online with someone having the same problem, and he enabled them using the Mods section of the game which was added. Problem is, I don't have this section. All that changed in my main menu is Add Ons now says coming soon to Wasteland Workshop, Automatron and Far Harbour, even though 2 of them are out. Is this update 1.5 actually released to the public? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has worked.

Doc_Drop

Having some big issues with the PC version, was going fine until a few days ago, then all my mods stopped working, missing .esp files. Checked the plugins file and they all have * beside them, and I tried updating NMM. Nothing worked. I found a video online with someone having the same problem, and he enabled them using the Mods section of the game which was added. Problem is, I don't have this section. All that changed in my main menu is Add Ons now says coming soon to Wasteland Workshop, Automatron and Far Harbour, even though 2 of them are out. Is this update 1.5 actually released to the public? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has worked.

Yeah I checked yesterday and the mods are all up and running in non-beta as far as I'm aware. The load order even showed the mods I was running via NMM. I wonder whether there has been a reordering of some the files? Then again, I was running the beta version as I had some major issues last week or so where I'd get constant crashes before I could load the game save.

But it's an odd one, I opened my old file and started a new survival mode run yesterday and everything seemed to be running ok apart from some of the mods not working due to changes in the way the ini files are configured. Maybe that's the issue?

I think my ending is bugged...

I finished with the Minutemen ending after going partway through the Railroad quests and pissing off the Institute at one point.

After the end, though, I only got unique ending quests for the Railroad, which seems a bit wrong. Everyone talks as if Glory is dead too, when she's standing right there. :p I can still do odd jobs for the Brotherhood and Railroad, but I'm not getting anything at all for the Minutemen, even though they were the people I supported. Is that... normal? Do you basically get to choose which of the surviving factions you can work with after the ending? I'd give anything to hear Preston annoy me with his settlement spiel again...

Bit annoyed, because this is my main save and I didn't realise it might be messed up until I'd spent a lot of time with it. I assumed it'd let me do new quests for all of the remaining factions.

Yeah I checked yesterday and the mods are all up and running in non-beta as far as I'm aware. The load order even showed the mods I was running via NMM. I wonder whether there has been a reordering of some the files? Then again, I was running the beta version as I had some major issues last week or so where I'd get constant crashes before I could load the game save.

But it's an odd one, I opened my old file and started a new survival mode run yesterday and everything seemed to be running ok apart from some of the mods not working due to changes in the way the ini files are configured. Maybe that's the issue?

I'm not getting any crashes, I just cant load all my modded weapons and armour. I don't have that Mods section in the main menu either to download official bethesda mods either. I dont think I have the 1.5 patch and dont know how to get it if I dont.

Doc_Drop

I'm not getting any crashes, I just cant load all my modded weapons and armour. I don't have that Mods section in the main menu either to download official bethesda mods either. I dont think I have the 1.5 patch and dont know how to get it if I dont.

Sorry, I was just talking about the issues I was having before.

Have you tried looking into the FO4 app properties in Steam to see what versions etc are available? I'm afraid I'm not technically minded enough to be too helpful unfortunately.

Sorry, I was just talking about the issues I was having before.

Have you tried looking into the FO4 app properties in Steam to see what versions etc are available? I'm afraid I'm not technically minded enough to be too helpful unfortunately.

Can't see anything there to check version numbers or anything. Only a page that brings me to update news. Do you have a Mods section in your main menu?

Top Bottom