• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Doc_Drop

Can't see anything there to check version numbers or anything. Only a page that brings me to update news. Do you have a Mods section in your main menu?

Yeah, it appeared during the end of the beta without mods to download but then it updated with selections of mods to use now. Right clicking on the FO4 in your steam library, choosing properties, then navigate to the updates panel and see what's going on there. I don't think I can help anymore than that. Hopefully things will get sorted for you, I know I had a nightmare previously

Yeah, it appeared during the end of the beta without mods to download but then it updated with selections of mods to use now. Right clicking on the FO4 in your steam library, choosing properties, then navigate to the updates panel and see what's going on there. I don't think I can help anymore than that. Hopefully things will get sorted for you, I know I had a nightmare previously

Yeah I have it set to highest priority for updates. Ive just finished uninstalling and reinstalling it to but to no avail :(

Castle > Multiple Industrial Water Purifiers > Pure Water > ??? > Profit

You can get it where you'll have so much pure water you can just use that as a currency instead of caps.

I personally use spectacle island, loads of room to put industrial water purifiers. You can even put about 10 of new water extractors that go in soil in each settlement, creating an excessive amount of purified water to use as currency.
Make sure you extract from each workshop all of the excess items, I thought everything went to sanctuary until I happened to check one of them.

One thing I would like from the new dlc is a vendor who carries a lot of caps, between 5-10 thousand, gets annoying having to sell my excess items to generate caps from vendors who carry under 1000 caps.

FINALLY got it working. I had to buy a fucking DLC to get the mods section to show up in the main menu. Enabled my mods there and low and behold it works fine.

Doc_Drop

FINALLY got it working. I had to buy a fucking DLC to get the mods section to show up in the main menu. Enabled my mods there and low and behold it works fine.

That's pretty whack, I'm glad it's working for you but it feels like they haven't bothered keeping the non-DLC version patched properly.

Coxy100

Banned
Damn settlement sizes are annoying. I've hit the max at the Castle and I've barely started what I wanted to build.

Are there any drawbacks to using the settlement glitch As seen here by dropping your guns etc to get more space? (playing on XB1)

Morokh

Damn settlement sizes are annoying. I've hit the max at the Castle and I've barely started what I wanted to build.

Are there any drawbacks to using the settlement glitch As seen here by dropping your guns etc to get more space? (playing on XB1)

The only drawback you may encounter is your framerate taking a hit in your settlement, and from there if you continue to abuse it it can lead to crashes.
But seeing the stuff that some people built on consoles you have a decent margin before any trouble arises.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Any significant improvement in the PS4 performance after the 1.5 patch?

So is there a way to stop Garvey from sending me out to defend outposts? Should I ignore them? They don't seem to end.
I've been spending too much time doing those.

SirNinja

So glad console players are finally getting Survival Mode; it's really awesome. Everything feels like so much more of an accomplishment now, and both stealth and combat are incredibly tense. Building effective settlements is a must, as they now act as bases of operations from which you can save, recover from illnesses, hydrate, and go on loot runs. Defending them is extremely important, too; I'm actually taking the time to equip everyone with powerful equipment this time around.

If anyone wants some tips or needs some help with Survival mode, I'll be happy to share. Good luck to those just now trying it!

So is there a way to stop Garvey from sending me out to defend outposts? Should I ignore them? They don't seem to end.
I've been spending too much time doing those.

You'll keep getting randomly-generated quests from him forever, I think. Same with lots of faction people; Rhys and Hayden from the Brotherhood will keep giving you locations to clear out or scavenge, for instance.

N° 2048

Are there patch notes out?

Fallout 4 1.5 Patch Notes:

New Features

New Survival difficulty
Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger, and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
Third-person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects

Fixes

General stability and performance improvements
Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu

:)

For the first time, I got a quest I can't finish. I was tasked to clear out University Point by the Railroad... But I've already cleared it. I wiped out the marked enemies, then got no further updates. There's no one left in University Point to kill, either, and the bodies of my last time passing through still litter the streets.

Too bad there's no console on console. The irony.

I'm definitely upgrading my PC soon.

Volimar

For the first time, I got a quest I can't finish. I was tasked to clear out University Point by the Railroad... But I've already cleared it. I wiped out the marked enemies, then got no further updates. There's no one left in University Point to kill, either, and the bodies of my last time passing through still litter the streets.

Too bad there's no console on console. The irony.

I'm definitely upgrading my PC soon.

Sometimes an enemy is hanging out on the roof of the uni.

The Unofficial Patch got taken down on Bethesda.net because of some troll reports.
Pretty sad, I assumed someone at Bethesda would check the reports before taking down a mod.

Edit: lol just came back up.

Volimar

There are a few official mods for if you don't like everything in survival. I use one that let's you fast travel only to settlements, and one that let's you auto save so you're not bound to sleep at every mattress you find.

Just remember that using any mods disables achievements if that matters to you.

Played around with Survival Mode on PS4 today.

I don't want to start a new game. Although I'm tempted, would be nice to start with nothing and your prime objectives being realistic, as in find shelter, food, water etc. in a wasteland.
At launch I was disappointed that the original mode was not like in NV, but in hindsight I think I would not want to play the actual game like this. I'm too much of a completionist and therefore want to loot everything, do all the quest etc. Survival mode would make that playstyle a chore and not fun (I also play on hard and not higher, overleveled and over-geared myself as I prefer humans to die in just a few shots etc.). Not to mention the lack of quicksaving just to try things.

So, coming to terms with that realization, I will prepare my latest savegame (Platinum trophy) with my grizzled, overloaded character to manually adjust Survival Mode. I finished the game with the Institute (+Minutemen) and did a lot but there are still major locations on the map that I haven't visited yet + all the DLC (also I'm still just lv66 and want certain perks).

Before starting Survival mode seriously, I'll prepare my settlements. Add maybe one or two more for strategic saving and populate the currently empty ones. This could take a while as I checked all the new settlement stuff and I might want to get funky during customization...
But mainly I want to distribute storage containers with food, raw materials and ammunition. I'm not sure if they changed settlers stealing all this stuff from your work bench otherwise, either way, could be neat to have different stuff available in each settlement.
Maybe I'll choose one central, big base for my main operations where I can still have the luxury to build things in peace.

I also don't want to have my current tons of supplies available everywhere as that would kinda defeat the point.
Due to lack of fast traveling I'll make my character equipment leaner as well, but I won't ditch my good gear or weapons.
I'll spend a day in the settlement to get a feel for how much supplies I need and create a stock of the new medicine items.

Minor things:
Stimpaks dehydrate your character and are basically worse than food+water so I guess they are now just for healing crippled limbs? I'll have to look more into cooking etc. Probably also distribute my Nuka cola collection as the caffeine allows you to postpone sleeping.
PS4 Rest mode + ability to teleport to the Institute should also make up a bit for the lack of saving (but boy will dying suck now).

Are there any websites or youtube video series that show you HOW to make different characters in the character creator? Looks wise, I mean.

So often I'll see a cool build and the character looks really good, but all they focus on is the build, and not how to make the character LOOK like it does.

I'm terrible at using the character creators in these games, so it would be nice to have a place to go that shows you exactly how to make unique or popular characters.

The main quest (in any Bethesda game or RPG) is pretty mediocre but everything else is fantastic. Like Oblivion or Skyrim....Bethesda RPG's are not about the main story.....they're about discovering new dungeons and new random quests. It's a game where side quests are more important than main quests. The world and the atmosphere exist because there are so much quests and stories to find..it's a "real" world. It just feels believeble. Every location is unique and I love it.

And btw: I just played Fallout 3 again and Fallout 4 is so much better when it comes to the gameplay and graphics. Nostalgia is one hell of a drug. Sure, dialogue options are worse but everything else is improved.

Filben

Tried the new survival mode for a few hours tonight. I thinking about switching back.

Not because I find it too hard or too uncomfortable but too bumpy in its general mechanics. Actually I like the idea of geting diseases and you cannot save where you want so you really have to watch out. But that happens all ingame and while in motion. Keeping you in the game. The food and thirst management on the other hand stops the gameplay. Or at least the part I like. Bethesda RPGs always tend to make you spending lot of time in menus and micromanage things. Either due to carry weight limit or to equip yourself with new gear. I find that really reduces the drive. Which is okay to some degree in an RPG. But the shooter gameplay has improved so much that I want to spent more time kicking ass. The new dialog system feels smooth and natural and less mechanical that I want to find NPCs and talk with them. But fiddling around with the pipboy every two minutes is a bit too much for my taste. Especially when you get thirsty or hungry all the time.

I like the arcade–like approach of the classical experience. Not too complicated or simulation–orientated but still giving you lots of options. I think I'll try the survival mode a few hourse more and when I think I do not really proceed because spending so much time on managing things, I'll switch back.

I'd prefer the original experience but with no time stop during the use of the pipboy, making it harder to pop every available drug or heal yourself while in combat. Adding poisoning and diseases and an optional but different saving system would everything I'd need.

Nere

The main quest (in any Bethesda game or RPG) is pretty mediocre but everything else is fantastic. Like Oblivion or Skyrim....Bethesda RPG's are not about the main story.....they're about discovering new dungeons and new random quests. It's a game where side quests are more important than main quests. The world and the atmosphere exist because there are so much quests and stories to find..it's a "real" world. It just feels believeble. Every location is unique and I love it.

And btw: I just played Fallout 3 again and Fallout 4 is so much better when it comes to the gameplay and graphics. Nostalgia is one hell of a drug. Sure, dialogue options are worse but everything else is improved.

I agree with you but the problem is that Fallout 4's side content is mostly radiant quests. They should had kept it like skyrim like 70% real quests and 30% of radiant quests so they don't tire you. Problem is the % kinda reversed in Fallout 4 and the drop on the quality of the side quests shows big time. The locations and the world are wonderfully made, much more than Fallout 3 but the radiant quests and the bad dialogue system bring it down hard imo.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing that has killed me in survivor mode is a damn molotov. I died by one in Corvega and another by a super mutant which used it as a last ditch effort. Besides that, survivor mode is fun, but one shot molotovs are silly when you can't dodge them if an enemy decides to throw one point blank.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So i got infected by a bloodbug and then proceeded to die to a deathclaw in two hits in power armor. It doesnt help that food heals .1 health a second.

Volimar

The only thing that has killed me in survivor mode is a damn molotov. I died by one in Corvega and another by a super mutant which used it as a last ditch effort. Besides that, survivor mode is fun, but one shot molotovs are silly when you can't dodge them if an enemy decides to throw one point blank.

Oh yeah, you're super susceptible to molotovs and explosives in survivor. It's rough.

jesu

I agree with you but the problem is that Fallout 4's side content is mostly radiant quests. They should had kept it like skyrim like 70% real quests and 30% of radiant quests so they don't tire you. Problem is the % kinda reversed in Fallout 4 and the drop on the quality of the side quests shows big time. The locations and the world are wonderfully made, much more than Fallout 3 but the radiant quests and the bad dialogue system bring it down hard imo.

Still had amazing dungeons to explore though.

Jesus H Christ. How is survival playable without the lone survivor perk.

When I first switched I was 4750/100.

Had to go dogmeat and back to 5 deep pocketed armor to be able to manage anything.

Without those, I don't see how you can even think about enjoying crafting or weapon variety since you can't afford to carry anything since you can't fast travel with it.

This is going to be rough. God speed to the fools that start a character this way. I'll suffer through it on my rich AF leveled character thanks. I'm bummed thinking about my new robo companion I literally can't afford to bring along as he would only be able to carry a single weapon, MAYBE.

Volimar

When I first switched I was 4750/100.

Had to go dogmeat and back to 5 deep pocketed armor to be able to manage anything.

Without those, I don't see how you can even think about enjoying crafting or weapon variety since you can't afford to carry anything since you can't fast travel with it.

This is going to be rough. God speed to the fools that start a character this way. I'll suffer through it on my rich AF leveled character thanks. I'm bummed thinking about my new robo companion I literally can't afford to bring along as he would only be able to carry a single weapon, MAYBE.

Pretty sure that there's a weightless junk mod in the mods section. I wouldn't consider that cheating really if you're just using the mats to build settlements. To each their own though.

Your companions sans Dogmeat have infinite carrying capacity. Put a bunch of stuff into a container and order your companion to search it. Even though they've reached their soft capacity they will continue to pick stuff.

edit: once their "full" they won't pick stuff up in bulk, you have to keep telling them to search the container.

Top Bottom