• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Doc_Drop

Plus I know it's superficial but most the guns are ugly. I loved how the chinese assault rifle looked and instead now with the assault rifle we get this ugly, unwieldy looking thing that looks just awkward to use. That isn't even as good as my crafted gun. The assault rifle in 03 looked your very stereotypical military rifle. It was great. And it worked for almost everything (up close, far away, decent damage, seemed to shoot accurately enough).

Why not just upgrade a combat rifle to automatic? I know it's more of a burst fire, but it ends up looking almost Chinese assault rifle like. Either that or get to work on a submachine gun, I'll admit that it's one of my least favourite though. Apart from maybe one reference I don't think there was a large contingency of Chinese soldiers in the Commonwealth, so having a Chinese assault rifle doesn't make all that much sense

Make sure you get an 8 hour sleep least once a day(only possible on Beds). Also don't sleep too much in like one hour increments I noticed I get iller that way. I was kind of treating sleeping bags and mattresses as "quick saves" but stopped and now I try to sleep only if I have to. And when I do it's on a Bed for a full 8 hours to get the "Well Rested" bonus.

The HP regen is slooowww, still figuring that out haha

Just reached Vault 81. There's a bed just outside the entrance. I'm pretty sure it's possible to go through the Vault 81 Quest without getting the mole rat disease, you have to send your companion home and not get hit by both the mole rats and the protectron.

Edit: the baseball uniform is actually +1 strength and +1 agility :D

I wish I could do that, but right now i am at one of those parts where if you fuck up and die, you have a ton of stuff to do over. I go from Cambridge Police Station to Corvega Plant. Just now i had been taking it so slow and carefully sniping all the guys around the plant. I was working my way up and then I heard a voice, I thought it was above me, turns out it was below me. I then saw the grenade indicator and that completely fucked all of this up. Holy crap this is bad. I hope to find a matrass here, because I sure as hell will use it. :)

Tigress

I wish I could do that, but right now i am at one of those parts where if you fuck up and die, you have a ton of stuff to do over. I go from Cambridge Police Station to Corvega Plant. Just now i had been taking it so slow and carefully sniping all the guys around the plant. I was working my way up and then I heard a voice, I thought it was above me, turns out it was below me. I then saw the grenade indicator and that completely fucked all of this up. Holy crap this is bad. I hope to find a matrass here, because I sure as hell will use it. :)

On the overpass that goes by the corvega plant there is a bed (and a really awesome place to snipe from. I just snipe as many people as possible and if you are patient you can get almost all of the outside ones from there. They will take a while to see you, I have never had any run to me when they do, and you can duck behind a wall and they will lose sight of you). Also you can snipe the guy with the fat man further down the bridge. And in a room in the plant is some mattresses (if you go in the entrance above the main entrance it is the room to the right). What I did was clear that room and saved there.

I just cleared corvega myself and I'm glad I remembered about the room with the mattresses (I make myself sleep every night in all Bethesda games so I remember it from my first play through).

I may have to start a survival play through going by everyone's stories...

But I just downloaded Fable 2, and waiting for Far Harbor to drop, and I am trying to get all of my settlements built up in a way I find secure and cool looking.

I don't want to switch over on my main character as all quests are done and seems a bit redundant.

Now it's just getting a bit silly

I went to the doctor in Covenant and had her cure me. Yet it still says: Surpressed immunity, increased chance of getting sick.

I had her cure me twice and this just doesn't go away.

And wtf, I was in the doctor's building and a settler closed the front door. When I tried to open it, it said it was locked with a master lock. No way to get out. Except by stealing the key. But even though nobody saw me steal the key, they are now all hostile. Sigh.

N° 2048

Now it's just getting a bit silly

I went to the doctor in Covenant and had her cure me. Yet it still says: Surpressed immunity, increased chance of getting sick.

I had her cure me twice and this just doesn't go away.

And wtf, I was in the doctor's building and a settler closed the front door. When I tried to open it, it said it was locked with a master lock. No way to get out. Except by stealing the key. But even though nobody saw me steal the key, they are now all hostile. Sigh.

You get suppressed immunity if you take stimpacks or chems a lot. It should go away after a few in game days. I don't believe you can cure it.
Only use stimpacks if you are crippled, do not use them just to restore health. Use purified water from your settlement pumps for health. Or better yet just hunt and cook meat. I always have tons of meat just from walking around and doing quests.

Same with chems, only use them if you really need to. Yea that locked door thing is annoying ha

Also I did Vault 81 successfully without getting hit. No mole disease and I gave the cure to the kid. Woop hi Curie!
Just hit level 15. Survival Mode is life. Soooo gooood. Next goal for me is those BoS vertibird grenades and The Deliverer.

Tigress

So is this a glitch or part of survival? I have noticed if I am hungry (at least that is what seems to be happening) food does not heal any. But if I'm not hungry it will heal me. By design or glitch?

N° 2048

So is this a glitch or part of survival? I have noticed if I am hungry (at least that is what seems to be happening) food does not heal any. But if I'm not hungry it will heal me. By design or glitch?

Design. Hunger is prioritized and then once hunger is gone, the HP or whatever effects the foods have will take effect.

You'll notice that the stats for food when you're hungry say "0 HP" but when you're not hungry it'll show the normal numbers.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
you mean the Castle? Pro-tip Preston can clear the entire castle by himself if you give him a good legendary weapon and armor. Also make sure he isn't your active companion.
Preston Solo'd the Mirelurk Queen equipped with only Big Jim and his default duds in my playthrough but he was also a much higher level than sixteen

Found a missel inside the castle. That and a few grenades did the trick.
Thanks.

Tigress

Design. Hunger is prioritized and then once hunger is gone, the HP or whatever effects the foods have will take effect.

You'll notice that the stats for food when you're hungry say "0 HP" but when you're not hungry it'll show the normal numbers.

Yeah I noticed that.

Next question, I have noticed you can only drink out of a water pump so long. After a bit it stops making drinking noises and your health won't go up. Is that also by design (I noticed if I made another water pump it worked). If it is by design I'm guessing it resets after a certain point cause I've had that happen before on that pump.

N° 2048

Yeah I noticed that.

Next question, I have noticed you can only drink out of a water pump so long. After a bit it stops making drinking noises and your health won't go up. Is that also by design (I noticed if I made another water pump it worked). If it is by design I'm guessing it resets after a certain point cause I've had that happen before on that pump.

That's interesting, I have to check when I get home.
Did the pump stop working completely or did you just need hit the prompt again on the same pump?

IF I remember correctly, my pumps keep going until my health is full, I just have walk away sometimes then walk back to it and hit "X" to reset the animation.

I will check for you when I load up the game tonight :)

Tigress

That's interesting, I have to check when I get home.
Did the pump stop working completely or did you just need hit the prompt again on the same pump?

IF I remember correctly, my pumps keep going until my health is full, I just have walk away sometimes then walk back to it and hit "X" to reset the animation.

I will check for you when I load up the game tonight :)

Mine will keep pumping but when it stops working no water is shown coming out of it, I don't think you hear water noises, and the drinking sound my character makes does not happen. And she does not heal. She still does the pumping animation though. And if you stop and try again it still does not work aside from her pumping.

Kind of an oversight that I can fill my empty bottles with water at the small hand pump but not with some of the larger water purifiers that you can build :/

N° 2048

Mine will keep pumping but when it stops working no water is shown coming out of it, I don't think you hear water noises, and the drinking sound my character makes does not happen. And she does not heal. She still does the pumping animation though. And if you stop and try again it still does not work aside from her pumping.

So just tested and the exact same thing happened to me however storing the pump and then replacing it fixed it.

Kind of an oversight that I can fill my empty bottles with water at the small hand pump but not with some of the larger water purifiers that you can build :/

Yerp.

Vault 81 is great for early survival, it has so much non radiated food.

Tigress

So just tested and the exact same thing happened to me however storing the pump and then replacing it fixed it.

Yerp.

Vault 81 is great for early survival, it has so much non radiated food.

I think if you leave it and don't use it for some in game time it starts working again. Which is why I think it might be supposed to do that. Maybe not even a survival thing as water heals you slower in survival so I never tried to drink as much in non survival. So maybe I never had a chance to notice it before.

N° 2048

Finally got to the Diamond City Blues quest. Just don't know how I am going to go about it. I def don't want Paul involved because I am trying to save caps for the Overseers Guardian. Also that damn Nelson kid...I know if he dies his body has tons of caps on it...good thing is my CHR is @ 10+ so I can pass all speech checks.
Probably one of the best quests for early on in Survival Mode, tons of loot. Just hit LV 15 too.....Automatron incoming....
Oh god. Automatron is going to be so hard on Survival Mode lol

Decider

I'm almost ready to give up on getting the freefall leg armour at the top of Mass Fusion. Expecting players to boost AP with chems to keep a jetpack going is really silly.

I haven't been able to pull off the wall glitch fully either. -_-

In survival mode I'm more afraid of stingwings than I am of Cezadors in NV. Whenever I hear a pack of them buzzing around I go the other way.

Those things can tear you up even in a full suit of upgraded T-45......

So I just finished Human Error and I'd like to build a medical station of my own here, so I can easily let a settler make some antibiotics for me before heading on a quest. But how do I get settlers to Covenant? My only settlers so far are those from Sanctuary. I placed a bell here, but so far nothing.

So I just finished Human Error and I'd like to build a medical station of my own here, so I can easily let a settler make some antibiotics for me before heading on a quest. But how do I get settlers to Covenant? My only settlers so far are those from Sanctuary. I placed a bell here, but so far nothing.

Set up a settlement recruitment beacon, A generator, crops to generate 2 food, a water pump, a turret, and a medical station, once two settlers show up, store the beacon and generator until you're ready to continue building up the settlement, assign the one guy to crops and the other to the station.

The bell only calls settlers at a settlement to you so you can manage them.

You get suppressed immunity if you take stimpacks or chems a lot. It should go away after a few in game days. I don't believe you can cure it.
Only use stimpacks if you are crippled, do not use them just to restore health. Use purified water from your settlement pumps for health. Or better yet just hunt and cook meat. I always have tons of meat just from walking around and doing quests.

Same with chems, only use them if you really need to. Yea that locked door thing is annoying ha

Also I did Vault 81 successfully without getting hit. No mole disease and I gave the cure to the kid. Woop hi Curie!
Just hit level 15. Survival Mode is life. Soooo gooood. Next goal for me is those BoS vertibird grenades and The Deliverer.

Survival really feels like how a real life situation could be, well..... kind of, but much much more realistic than the other difficulty modes.

As for the Surpressed immunity, it seems to happen so damn fast. Just now i had a huge red bar on my HP. So just once I use Radaway and goddamn it, I saw the Surpressed immunity right away. I try to get as little radiation as possible, but sometimes you have to, and I could take a RadX before entering a radiated place /water but that will bring all kinds of effects too, I'm sure.

Survival really feels like how a real life situation could be, well..... kind of, but much much more realistic than the other difficulty modes.

As for the Surpressed immunity, it seems to happen so damn fast. Just now i had a huge red bar on my HP. So just once I use Radaway and goddamn it, I saw the Surpressed immunity right away. I try to get as little radiation as possible, but sometimes you have to, and I could take a RadX before entering a radiated place /water but that will bring all kinds of effects too, I'm sure.

Solar Powered is your friend

Solar Powered is your friend

Not sure what you mean? :)

By the way, this is probably a very basic question, but I never really had to think about it when I was playing on the lower difficulties. Let's say I activate VATS and I have a Bloodbug in front of me. If it says 35 on his wings, does that mean the HP on his wings are 35? Or does this mean I rather go for a much higher number, his torso for example which would be 95 or so. How's this work?

N° 2048

That reminds me, I need to go find covenant before I finish the main quest.

I didn't do that my first playthrough either, doing it this one for sure.

That's the glitch. It works but I'm crap at cornering backwards onto the adjacent wall.

Dang, I've never actually attempted it but please let me know if you get it :)

By the way, this is probably a very basic question, but I never really had to think about it when I was playing on the lower difficulties. Let's say I activate VATS and I have a Bloodbug in front of me. If it says 35 on his wings, does that mean the HP on his wings are 35? Or does this mean I rather go for a much higher number, his torso for example which would be 95 or so. How's this work?

They really made you have to prep with gear to go into areas with Rads, gets easier with PA for sure.
The number in VATS is your % chance to hit that targeted part.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Solar_Powered
Rank 1: Catch some rays! Gain +2 to Strength and Endurance between the hours of 6:00a.m. and 6:00p.m.
Rank 2: Sunlight heals roughly 4 rads per second, meaning the Sole Survivor can go from the brink of death to completely radiation-free in approximately four minutes.
Rank 3: Sunlight heals the Sole Survivor by 0.5% of your total health every second.

The Solar powered perk at rank 2 automatically cures radiation in daylight, and the numbers represent your chance to hit.

solar power requires you to be HUGE before you can even try it.

Here's what you do, you uninstall the game, and re-install but don't update it, use the dogmeat item duplication glitch with the You're Special Magazine to up all of your stats to 10,
-if you feel like being patient and not update until you reach level 15 and have Party Boy/Girl Rank 2 you can up your intelligence to 14 by item duping and a Dirty Wastelander, and
- make a b-line for the South Boston Police Station to grab some Daddy-O you can up your Charisma to 12.

-Find some Day Tripper and up your strength to 12

N° 2048

Here's what you do, you uninstall the game, and re-install but don't update it, use the dogmeat item duplication glitch with the You're Special Magazine to up all of your stats to 10,
-if you feel like being patient and not update until you reach level 15 and have Party Boy/Girl Rank 2 you can up your intelligence to 14 by item duping and a Dirty Wastelander, and
- make a b-line for the South Boston Police Station to grab some Daddy-O you can up your Charisma to 12.

-Find some Day Tripper and up your strength to 12

But that sounds, like, not fun at all .

N° 2048

Oh man I'm so down for that. I haven't even fully processed that Far Harbor comes this week.

edit:
and welp... just got the Far Harbor ending spoiled for me.

Stay off any Fallout Reddit comments/posts.
Stay off ANY Fallout related YouTube video comments.
If you are active on Fallout Subreddits DO NOT CHECK YOUR MESSAGES.

I don't care about the info I know, it's all about the journey.

Decider

Dang, I've never actually attempted it but please let me know if you get it :)

Got it today- much easier in Power Armour, because I could use the jetpack when I got stuck on scenery. :)

edit:
and welp... just got the Far Harbor ending spoiled for me.

Stay off any Fallout Reddit comments/posts.
Stay off ANY Fallout related YouTube video comments.
If you are active on Fallout Subreddits DO NOT CHECK YOUR MESSAGES.

I don't care about the info I know, it's all about the journey.

Lordy. I usually wait for the GOTY edition of a game to get the DLC in one shot but a combination of potential spoilers, completing the main game and a pay rise this month means that I might have to take the plunge a bit earlier than anticipated.

N° 2048

Umm so yea. I took a different route on Survival Mode.

PkhLHjj.jpg

Poor Henry.

N° 2048

Is that what I think it is?

And who's Henry? It's been a while since I last played the game. Do I want to know/remember?

Henry Cooke (the body) is an NPC that is part of this side quest: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond_City_Blues
The lady is the wife of Paul who was cheating on him with Henry, part of the quest is to get involved in that matter.

Henry is no one special, in fact if he lives, he disappears completely from the world next fast travel.

Fun fact:
if you go inside the Institute it is revealed that Henry was a synth informant on one of the terminals

I put it in spoilers in case people like finding Terminal related things for themselves.

I fucking love this game and it's all small details. My god.

Replicant

Henry Cooke (the body) is an NPC that is part of this side quest: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond_City_Blues
The lady is the wife of Paul who was cheating on him with Henry, part of the quest is to get involved in that matter.

Henry is no one special, in fact if he lives, he disappears completely from the world next fast travel.

Fun fact:
if you go inside the Institute it is revealed that Henry was a synth informant.

I fucking love this game and it's all small details. My god.

Holy sheet!

Level 95 and I never encountered this mission. What have I been doing?

So...........you went Soylent Green on the guy, yeah?

N° 2048

Holy sheet!

Level 95 and I never encountered this mission. What have I been doing?

So...........you went Soylent Green on the guy, yeah?

haha yea in my roleplay I was very upset he was sleeping with Paul's wife + I want the key to his house. So I killed him.

It's a great side-quest with some different ways to go about it. Don't read the Wiki and just head to the Colonial Taphouse in Diamond City. Where that Mr. Handy is and the rich people. The side-quest also has some consequences depending on your actions. These come later on as you travel about. Nothing crazy but great details from Bethesda.

Top Bottom