• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Did some very little progress in Survival. I got to covenant and completed human error. Then I got to the Police station and trying to make my wsy to diamond city. It doesn't help that raiders in power armor and super mutants kill in one shot. So far im level 8.

I want all the junk in Sanctuary (and it's quite a bit) to be available in Covenant as well. So I created a recruitment Beacon in Sanctuary and eventually one settler appeared, this is the only settler here because the rest are Marcy, Mama Murphy etc. I went had the cursor on the settler and I choose supply line. I then chose Covenant. A few seconds later I check the map and I look at the supply lines and it indeed goes from Sanctuary to Covenant.

I arrive in Covenant and I check out the workbench, but the junk from Sanctuary is not here. :(

What am I doing wrong?

Tigress

I want all the junk in Sanctuary (and it's quite a bit) to be available in Covenant as well. So I created a recruitment Beacon in Sanctuary and eventually one settler appeared, this is the only settler here because the rest are Marcy, Mama Murphy etc. I went had the cursor on the settler and I choose supply line. I then chose Covenant. A few seconds later I check the map and I look at the supply lines and it indeed goes from Sanctuary to Covenant.

I arrive in Covenant and I check out the workbench, but the junk from Sanctuary is not here. :(

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. You won't see the junk in Covenant's bench. You'll just have access to any resources the junk gives you (Screws, glass, alunimum). Also, you won't see any armor or weapons you put in the bench. Those will only stay at the settlement you put them in (disappointing). And if you wanted the actual junk items rather than the resources they give you, you have to be at the settlement.

Nothing. You won't see the junk in Covenant's bench. You'll just have access to any resources the junk gives you (Screws, glass, alunimum). Also, you won't see any armor or weapons you put in the bench. Those will only stay at the settlement you put them in (disappointing). And if you wanted the actual junk items rather than the resources they give you, you have to be at the settlement.

Oh it's like that. So let's say I have junk in Sanctuary that gives me about 700x wood, that will be in Covenant as well when I want to create wooden bureau or anything?

N° 2048

Ugh, fucking Curie. Sent her to Hangman's Alley and now she's not there. Hopefully she's at Vault 81.

Can I just say I haven't played anything in months due to Fallout 4. I'm obsessed. Just got a huge Nuka Cola girl poster, this one:

51XGbuwM5mL._SY300_.jpg

I've got a question for you guys.

I haven't played Fallout 4 in quite some time. Probably since around launch. I got sidetracked by other things and familial matters, and though I've been planning to/wanting to get back to it I haven't.

I put about 10 hours into it then, if not 12, and want to play Far Harbor this week. Thankfully it's not level sensitive, so I should be fine.

However, my Internet is awful and I'm sure I will have patches awaiting me. Does anyone have a list of the patches and their sizes for the Xbox One version?

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Since the EXP of the radiant quests scale quite well with the LVL progress, it'll be a few more weeks of occasional grinding to get to 267 ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh lol ok. Guess that's a little bit to much to achieve (But I guess some of you maniacs will do it)
I was planning on doing it. :lol

Hopefully the DLC release schedule is long enough that it reduces a lot of the grind.

Also, they need to fix Preston being glitched. He doesn't give any radiant quests anymore and he just keeps calling me a murderer.

I was planning on doing it. :lol

Hopefully the DLC release schedule is long enough that it reduces a lot of the grind.

Also, they need to fix Preston being glitched. He doesn't give any radiant quests anymore and he just keeps calling me a murderer.

Why don't you just finally stop being a murderer?

have been working my way round the settlements getting them up to standard, and looking good but Sun Shine Tidings co-op I have lost the robot which was there initially. I have looked everywhere even the robot repair place where he got sent.

Any ideas where the robot could be?

have been working my way round the settlements getting them up to standard, and looking good but Sun Shine Tidings co-op I have lost the robot which was there initially. I have looked everywhere even the robot repair place where he got sent.

Any ideas where the robot could be?

Dead, probably. He didn't even show up during my last playthrough, I assume the Ferals or the Gunners wiped him out beforehand.

so I'm gonna bite and try out survival even though they don't give you options on what to toggle (no saving is almost a deal breaker but w/e)

what are the most and least useful perks and SPECIAL you survival guys have found? I already have a kinda jack of all trades rifleman, a chem addict melee monste rand a pistol VATS gunslinger so I was planning on having my fourth character be an unarmed, blitzing kung fu kinda guy but not if that doesn't work well in survival

Decider

Can I just say I haven't played anything in months due to Fallout 4. I'm obsessed. Just got a huge Nuka Cola girl poster, this one:

51XGbuwM5mL._SY300_.jpg

Fallout 4 is the first AAA game I've played in quite some time, now it just dominates everything.

Also, I have a T-shirt of that Nuka Cola girl. I really just want one of Piper though. :/

For some reason the Railroad decided that Glory is dead, even though she's right in the HQ. When I try to talk to her, she just looks back at me and doesn't say anything. Sometimes I swear I can almost see pleading in her eyes.

Another day, another thread shitting on fallout 4. Such is life on neogaf.

I can understand the hate, the main story was nonsense, there was no real impact on your speech.

The RPG elements were stripped down.

But... The world which was made is incredible, the story telling of each individual (even tiny shack) place in the Commonwealth was incredible.

The gun play and upgrades were top notch, and the settlement (love or hate) I thought were grest and gave me a sense of I wanted to help the people.

Some people may never have given it a chance, some may have stuck with it and hated it. But to me its my game of the generation. On one save alone I have my character at 5 days and 3 hours.

Its all opinion but let them moan, as long as we enjoy it then that's all that matters.

ugh

I started a new game and changed it to survival and then loaded up an old character and the difficulty was the same.... couldn't change it without opting out of survival permanently so I had to force quit and change it from the main menu

it's a single player game, why all the needless restrictions

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
For some reason the Railroad decided that Glory is dead, even though she's right in the HQ. When I try to talk to her, she just looks back at me and doesn't say anything. Sometimes I swear I can almost see pleading in her eyes.
Same with Desdemona and her condescending smile.
Or the sound of my own silence with Kells.
I still want to kill Maxson to get his Battlecoat.

I finished the main quest with my new character, right in time for Far Harbor. Minutemen ending, nearly every settlement built up, both the Railroad and the Brotherhood are still alive and kicking AND I'm on good terms with both. It's pretty neat.

I did run into a minor glitch where Maxson doesn't comment on the endgame situation, he's just stuck in a loop telling me "he's busy". The other members of the Brotherhood are congratulating me left and right, but Maxson's working through some personal shit and doesn't wanna talk about it. :lol

I also had to replay Defend the Castle twice, because I accidentally killed a settler and the Minutemen went aggro on me. A damn shame, too, because in my first attempt one of the Legendary Synths had dropped an Explosive Minigun. No such luck during the second go-round. :(

It's kinda ridiculous, this character is level 75 and I still haven't discovered certain locations like Vault 81. Heck, I haven't even found all bobbleheads or magazines yet.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I can understand the hate, the main story was nonsense, there was no real impact on your speech.

The RPG elements were stripped down.

But... The world which was made is incredible, the story telling of each individual (even tiny shack) place in the Commonwealth was incredible.

The gun play and upgrades were top notch, and the settlement (love or hate) I thought were grest and gave me a sense of I wanted to help the people.

Some people may never have given it a chance, some may have stuck with it and hated it. But to me its my game of the generation. On one save alone I have my character at 5 days and 3 hours.

Its all opinion but let them moan, as long as we enjoy it then that's all that matters.
And pople are still not happy with wasteland 2.

I finished the main quest with my new character, right in time for Far Harbor. Minutemen ending, nearly every settlement built up, both the Railroad and the Brotherhood are still alive and kicking AND I'm on good terms with both. It's pretty neat.

I did run into a minor glitch where Maxson doesn't comment on the endgame situation, he's just stuck in a loop telling me "he's busy". The other members of the Brotherhood are congratulating me left and right, but Maxson's working through some personal shit and doesn't wanna talk about it. :lol

I also had to replay Defend the Castle twice, because I accidentally killed a settler and the Minutemen went aggro on me. A damn shame, too, because in my first attempt one of the Legendary Synths had dropped an Explosive Minigun. No such luck during the second go-round. :(

It's kinda ridiculous, this character is level 75 and I still haven't discovered certain locations like Vault 81. Heck, I haven't even found all bobbleheads or magazines yet.

I still bet that asshole had something to do with
Sarah Lyons dying.

I didn't really have to do anything during defend the castle, I have the max 43 settlers, all equipped with legendary plasma rifles, Sturdy Combat Armor, and BOS Field uniform, all of my companions are there as well with. Nick with the legendary tesla power armor from Automatron and Danse in full X-01 armed, both legendary Gatling Lasers, my other companions with 370 ish ballistic and energy resist also with legendary Plasma Rifles, sans Strong, though Strong can use Gauss Rifles, and Dogmeat cuz they suck. And Codsworth now a giant badass Sentry Bot

My survival run is really starting to annoy me with legendary drop rates......

I've gotten like 7 pieces of "left arm" legendary gear......

I did get a Lucky sniper rifle which I was stoked about and then immediately died :/

N° 2048

Another day, another thread shitting on fallout 4. Such is life on neogaf.

It is what it is brother :) we'll keep on playing they'll keep on hating.
I don't get the Witcher 3 comparison lol they are both astonishing games. Can we just be glad we have them both ?

Does anyone on ps4 know when far harbor is supposed to go up? Is it gonna be midnight Wednesday?

Xbox One/PlayStation 4

The console release of Far Harbor will have a rolling midnight release worldwide, including 12 am ET for North America. Included in these release times are:
Australia/New Zealand - 12:01 am (AEST) on 5/19
Japan/South Korea/Rest of Asia - TBA
France/Germany/Italy/Spain 12:01 am (CET) on 5/19
UK 12:01 am (BST) on 5/19
Rest of World - 12:01 am (BST) on 5/19
North America - 12:01 am (ET) on 5/19

Steam

Australia/New Zealand - 12:01 am (AEST) on 5/19
Japan/South Korea/Rest of Asia - 12:01 am (Japan) on 5/19
France/Germany/Italy/Spain 01:01 am (CET) on 5/19
UK 12:01 am (BST) on 5/19
Rest of World - 12:01 am (BST) on 5/19
North America - 12:01 am (ET) on 5/19

My survival run is really starting to annoy me with legendary drop rates......

I've gotten like 7 pieces of "left arm" legendary gear......

I did get a Lucky sniper rifle which I was stoked about and then immediately died :/

Ugh same here. Level 17 survival mode and like three half decent drops.

Tigress

It is what it is brother :) we'll keep on playing they'll keep on hating.
I don't get the Witcher 3 comparison lol they are both astonishing games. Can we just be glad we have them both ?

No, you know that's not allowed (sarcasm).

Also... Witcher 3 really isn't going for the same type experience as Bethesda games. Sure, they were inspired by the more openness of the world of Skryim but it's really a different game that got inspired by one aspect of Bethesda's game.

Are there any pages/links to what survival mode does and doesn't do exactly? Also, I heard there are issues with saves regarding a survival save and non survival character save. True, not true?

N° 2048

Are there any pages/links to what survival mode does and doesn't do exactly? Also, I heard there are issues with saves regarding a survival save and non survival character save. True, not true?

Backup saves to USB if possible but other than that just switch over. It'll create a new character called <character> (Survival) and then you can't switch back difficulty.
If you want to go back to a lower difficulty you'll have to load the last save you made before you switched over to survival.

Just killed
Kellog
. No confrontation, just went in and blew him and his synth body guards heads off :) part of my RP.
Had to make sure I didn't get hit, Survival Mode really puts you in your place when you're confident lol, I took two or three shots and died so I had to kill
Kellog
in VATS first if possible.
Quest took a few hours, wanted to do it in one go even though there were beds a plenty in Fort Hagen.
Was really cool seeing the arrival of the Prydwen again.

I also got that Perfectly Preserved Pie in the Dugout Inn with 2 Luck o_O
Great night for my SS :)

ldcommando

Banned
I have a dumb question. Is far harbor part of the season pass? Because I have the season pass and the far harbor dlc still doesn´t show up in the dlc tab. Is this normal? Or is it only supposed to show up on release day?

N° 2048

I have a dumb question. Is far harbor part of the season pass? Because I have the season pass and the far harbor dlc still doesn´t show up in the dlc tab. Is this normal? Or is it only supposed to show up on release day?

It is most definitely part of the season's pass.
100%

Mine shows Far Harbor under add-on menu but doesn't say "installed" like WW and Automatron.

Wowow Far Harbor is tomorrow. My Survival Mode character is not ready.

Yes of course it's part of the Season Pass. I hope I will be able to download it tomorrow morning before I go to work.

Top Bottom