• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

That new armor looks sweet and it's the best in the game so far. Yessss

And that lever action rifle looks very good. I loved that one in New Vegas

was far harbor installed with the survival patch? It's on the menu and the patch was unusually big.

I hope this means I don't have to sit there and download it whenever Sony finally enables it on the store.

Preloadeding games has spoiled me.

Geographically es, but they already admitted to less content than SI.

Hmmm ok, as long as it's great though.

Anyway, I need some help. I am trying to finish the Last voyage of the USS Constitution and I need to find FLL3 turbopump bearings, and this is in the Corvega plant. I've looked nearly everywhere now and it keeps showing the icon as if this is in the plant, but I just can't reach it. Where is it?

Nevermind. Found it. Last area of Corvega.

I built a clinic in my settlement, hoping I could buy antibiotics there, but sadly the settler didn't sell anything a merchant at a clinic would sell. I assume I need one of the other two clinic options?

N° 2048

I built a clinic in my settlement, hoping I could buy antibiotics there, but sadly the settler didn't sell anything a merchant at a clinic would sell. I assume I need one of the other two clinic options?

Honestly, great question. I wonder if the Level 3 clinic gives Antibiotics to buy or if you need Doc Anderson to make it Level 4.

That feeling when you finally get the Vertibird Grenade Signals and go from The Prydwen to
Sanctuary in a Vertibird.
30193.gif

Next up, The Deliverer and then a crack at Automatron and I might be Far Harbor ready.

N° 2048

More Fallout talk is always good with me :D

<3 <3 this game so much.

What are ya'll doing to prep for Far Harbor??

Guns, perks, armor? Tell me what and who you're taking with you.

I honestly have no idea what to take with me. Nick or Piper I'm thinking...

Honestly, great question. I wonder if the Level 3 clinic gives Antibiotics to buy or if you need Doc Anderson to make it Level 4.

That feeling when you finally get the Vertibird Grenade Signals and go from The Prydwen to
Sanctuary in a Vertibird.
30193.gif

Next up, The Deliverer and then a crack at Automatron and I might be Far Harbor ready.

Yep. I wanted to try it out and see if that was it, but then it turned out I didn't have enough caps. So I decided to do some questing. I put some points into Commando because I love those automatic rifles, but their damage so far has been disappointing, but using the submachine guns now are great fun. Is there any way to increase the chances of finding ammo for them though? I find plenty for the pipe rifles but not a whole lot for the subs.

N° 2048

Yep. I wanted to try it out and see if that was it, but then it turned out I didn't have enough caps. So I decided to do some questing. I put some points into Commando because I love those automatic rifles, but their damage so far has been disappointing, but using the submachine guns now are great fun. Is there any way to increase the chances of finding ammo for them though? I find plenty for the pipe rifles but not a whole lot for the subs.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Scrounger#Fallout_4

;)

Disker

Nice, playing it on ps4. Back to another game for me. Don't really like 15 fps on the entire island.......

Thanks for releasing a dlc with such a flaw. They probably didn't care as this would show up on test's....

MattyG

Banned
More Fallout talk is always good with me :D

<3 <3 this game so much.

What are ya'll doing to prep for Far Harbor??

Guns, perks, armor? Tell me what and who you're taking with you.

I honestly have no idea what to take with me. Nick or Piper I'm thinking...
Trying to install the Xbox One wireless adapter on my PC so I can play it on my TV. It's being a pain in the ass though :/

Other than that, just gonna clean up some quests. I'm just pumped to finally see my state in a game, and luckily it happened to be my favorite series.

Nice, playing it on ps4. Back to another game for me. Don't really like 15 fps on the entire island.......

Thanks for releasing a dlc with such a flaw. They probably didn't care as this would show up on test's....

Crazy. How does this even get past bug testing and all that?

Man, I'd be super bummed out if I have to wait for patches to play this, especially after WW was a drag and Automatron was a few hours long if that :/

aaaaaand especially after XCOM 2's performance already burned me this year

MattyG

Banned
Has there been any kind of fix for godrays on PC? I can't handle the pixelation on low, but last I heard ultra was a massive performance hit. Any change to that or workarounds? I'm going to bed now, but I'm going to mess with it in the morning. The pixelation was tolerable in the Commonwealth, but it's almost a constant in Far Harbor.

Has there been any kind of fix for godrays on PC? I can't handle the pixelation on low, but last I heard ultra was a massive performance hit. Any change to that or workarounds? I'm going to bed now, but I'm going to mess with it in the morning. The pixelation was tolerable in the Commonwealth, but it's almost a constant in Far Harbor.

At least you PC guys can get above 15 fps :/

fuck this shit, Bethesda needs to issue a statement or patch soon, there's no reason it should run worse than fucking Fallout 3

Hey man, I watched your Far Harbor review on YouTube and it definitely sold me. If I wasn't still busy as hell with Survival New Game, I would have bought it because it sounds great. I do hope those framerate issues on console get fixed soon though.

Far Harbor has installed! Pity I am at work!

Decided to quickly set up a Super Hero type HQ at The Castle for my Companions (Nice beds, Luxury cooking and relaxation facilities and indoor bathrooms), however came up with some real problems.

I have ran out of money and ammo I can sell for shipments of Concrete and Steel and Copper... I am currently going from settlement to settlement to get water etc to sell.

I can't find half of my companions, I only have Piper, Dogmeat, Nick and Cotsworth (Only because by sheer luck I found him (I had made him a provisioner)).

Deacon is at Railroad HQ and Hancock is at Croup Manor I know that

Can't find Curie, I don't know where she could be, Cait was at Spectacle Island but is no longer appearing when I ring the bell. Macready has disappeared to Mass Pike Interchange for a quest (
The Long Road

then Preston was at Sanctuary but he is not turning up when I ring the bell (Unless he is stuck somewhere in Sanctuary)

Any way of knowing how to find missing companions? I don't want to jump on Far Harbor until its done.

N° 2048

Far Harbor has installed! Pity I am at work!

Decided to quickly set up a Super Hero type HQ at The Castle for my Companions (Nice beds, Luxury cooking and relaxation facilities and indoor bathrooms), however came up with some real problems.

I have ran out of money and ammo I can sell for shipments of Concrete and Steel and Copper... I am currently going from settlement to settlement to get water etc to sell.

I can't find half of my companions, I only have Piper, Dogmeat, Nick and Cotsworth (Only because by sheer luck I found him (I had made him a provisioner)).

Deacon is at Railroad HQ and Hancock is at Croup Manor I know that

Can't find Curie, I don't know where she could be, Cait was at Spectacle Island but is no longer appearing when I ring the bell. Macready has disappeared to Mass Pike Interchange for a quest (
The Long Road

then Preston was at Sanctuary but he is not turning up when I ring the bell (Unless he is stuck somewhere in Sanctuary)

Any way of knowing how to find missing companions? I don't want to jump on Far Harbor until its done.

I sent Curie to Hangman's Alley.
"Curie is going to Hangman's Alley."
Found her in front of the Clinic in Vault 81.

Cait try the Combat Zone.

MattyG

Banned
Hey man, I watched your Far Harbor review on YouTube and it definitely sold me. If I wasn't still busy as hell with Survival New Game, I would have bought it because it sounds great. I do hope those framerate issues on console get fixed soon though.
Haha I hate to break it to you, but I'm not MrMattyPlays. I wish I was, his videos are great! It's just a very strong coincidence that my nickname since middle school has been Matty and that I love Fallout. He beat me to the YouTube punch, though! :p

Man, I'd be super bummed out if I have to wait for patches to play this, especially after WW was a drag and Automatron was a few hours long if that :/

aaaaaand especially after XCOM 2's performance already burned me this year

haha if only I knew ;_;

Far Harbor's going on the back burner until they fix it

I remember an article last year when Fallout 4 had just come out that said you can wear any kind of armor or clothing and still have a damn decent defense. I think it had something to do with the Railroad mission. So I should get to it. But is this true? Because then I'll definitely be rocking one of those mobster outfits. :)

Haha I hate to break it to you, but I'm not MrMattyPlays. I wish I was, his videos are great! It's just a very strong coincidence that my nickname since middle school has been Matty and that I love Fallout. He beat me to the YouTube punch, though! :p

Haha oops, my bad. Yeah the first time I saw your name on here I automatically thought it was MrMattyPlays yeah. Haha :)

Decider

I remember an article last year when Fallout 4 had just come out that said you can wear any kind of armor or clothing and still have a damn decent defense. I think it had something to do with the Railroad mission. So I should get to it. But is this true? Because then I'll definitely be rocking one of those mobster outfits. :)
You can upgrade some clothing with the ballistic weave fibre. Unfortunately it's also possible for the game to glitch and have Tinker Tom never give it to you.

Morokh

Think I'll grab some shipments before I head to Far Harbor.

The first settlement unlocks very early and you can just travel back to the mainland, set up a supply line, and have everything available through that.

I just poked around for an hour or so, so far and I must say all the characters you meet feel more 'unique' that in the base game.

Performance is fine for me on PC and it's far from a beast so I guess I'm lucky :p

Shame that there is no new pistols/energy weapons from what I'm seeing everywhere, with this DLC being the first time we have the Children of Atom as a faction I expected something a bit crazier than the rad rifle as a signature weapon, especially after seeing the Gamma gun in the base game.

Fucking main storyline character in far harbor will not speak to me. I've reloaded countless times.

For fucks sake. My experience with the main game was almost entirely bug free and now this shit.

Top Bottom