• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Finaj

I have a PC version problem.

I try to upload my most recent save file and a message comes up telling me that I don't have any of my mods. It basically removed all of my character's armor and weapons... but I never removed those mods! They're still active, but my game isn't acknowledging their existence.

Any help?

N° 2048

Yea level 25 character is no go for DLC so I switched my first playthrough (level 80) over to Survival Mode for the DLC.

So far just taking my time in the first part where you arrive.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Far Hardbor is decent so far. I just seriously hope that the next wave of DLCs isn't another Wasteland Workshop.

The $50 season pass owes us another $20 of content.

The Nuka Cola theme park seems exciting enough, but more Wasteland Workshops? No,

Far Hardbor is decent so far. I just seriously hope that the next wave of DLCs isn't another Wasteland Workshop.

The $50 season pass owes us another $20 of content.

The Nuka Cola theme park seems exciting enough, but more Wasteland Workshops? No,

We are likely going to get more wasteland workshops and then another meaty dlc like Far Harbor eventually

Tigress

Man, survival is kicking my butt. Everything is dangerous to me (I took a half day trying to get past glowing molerats and now I can't get past the next area of random spawns). Well save regular mole rats now. And now the game is spawning radscorpions and the next level up mobs. I'm so doomed (I already scoured everything near sanctuary to build stuff up in it).

I really hate mobs that can dig and get right next to you. Especially as even if you snipe them from far away and then stay still after you make one shot they'll see you in a couple of seconds and then pop up right next to you. And you can't even go on non soil to stop them (I went on a bridge, they popped up on soil on the bridge even though that makes no sense).

All I want is some optic fiber I believe for my radiation removing arch and some other item I need for my recon scope for my pistol.

Is it me or is it night time like 75% of the time in Far Harbor. I'm lighting the crap out of my settlement.

the fog, rad storms + that makes my settlement seem so dark but I don't wanna put any effort in to it besides building the stores and crafting stations, argh

Replicant

I want them to develop more stories for the supporting characters (ie. Danse, Curie, etc). What do they think? What do they feel? Are they happy?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Would I be able to access DLC and play the game from where I am in main game despite deleting everything but local content from steam? Don't feel like restarting the main game just to play the DLC if that's the case.

Decider

I really wish Bethesda had allowed console access in the PS4 version. The solution to virtually every bug or glitch I've seen usually begins with "open the console and type..."

françois

Far Harbor: Fog of Radiation (of frame rate killing)
Oh my god, it can be pretty awful on ps4. Haven't had much time to play yet (All I did was
go to Acadia and do the first quest for Cassie Dalton
) but it's really noticable.
I generally speaking don't really care about framerate but this is going to get old really fast if it doesn't get any better.

jesu

Fucking main storyline character in far harbor will not speak to me. I've reloaded countless times.

For fucks sake. My experience with the main game was almost entirely bug free and now this shit.

I can't get any companions to follow me since I started the DLC.
Going to try an earlier save from before I started Far Harbor.

I really wish Bethesda had allowed console access in the PS4 version. The solution to virtually every bug or glitch I've seen usually begins with "open the console and type..."

Unofficial Fallout Patch? Its already available for XBox so I guess it will also be for PS4. For the past games these guys (afaik its always the same team working on this mod) have done an amazing job in doing the work for Bethesda and their devs...

Is there anyone running Fallout 4 on PC with specs similar to mine?

AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE at 3.4ghz
Radeon HD 6870 1GB
8GB DDR3 RAM
1600x900 display resolution

I can run Skyrim and New Vegas at max setting with a lot of mods with no problems (I just can't use super HD textures or stuff that increases rendering distance. I can use mods that load stuff into the world that is normally behind a loading screen, like Freeside). I'm just wondering how it'll handle Fallout 4.

So in my survival run last night I was doing the robobrain quest in the automotron dlc.

I reach Ivy, shot out her power core in vats forcing her to eject. Killed her, and now the whole damn suit of power armor is considered stolen :/

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
françois;204175497 said:
Oh my god, it can be pretty awful on ps4. Haven't had much time to play yet (All I did was
go to Acadia and do the first quest for Cassie Dalton
) but it's really noticable.
I generally speaking don't really care about framerate but this is going to get old really fast if it doesn't get any better.
If you dont spend too much time in the fog it aint so bad but the first time you see it gets rough.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Guys I'm really a noob when it comes to crafting/upgrades.
Am I supposed to destroy all the weapons that I won't use? All the upgrades of them will be available for me to use on other weapons?
What are the main components that I should keep an eye around the world for upgrades?
I got my inventory full of shit and I don't know what to do with it.

Volimar

Guys I'm really a noob when it comes to crafting/upgrades.
Am I supposed to destroy all the weapons that I won't use? All the upgrades of them will be available for me to use on other weapons?
What are the main components that I should keep an eye around the world for upgrades?
I got my inventory full of shit and I don't know what to do with it.

If you're a ranged player you should settle on one or two weapon types, say a hunting rifle and a 10mm pistol. Remove mods from those types of weapons that you want on your guns. Eventually you'll find something better than what you have so don't lose sleep over it. Generally speaking you only destroy weapons and armor for two reasons.

1). You're over encumbered and need to free up weight.

2). The weapon or armor is going to give you a material you need. If you don't have any points in the Scrapper perk, there's almost no reason to destroy weapons and armor for this since you'll mostly just get leather, steel, and cloth. With Scrapper you can get more uncommon materials based on the rank like copper. With at least two points in Scrapper, you would be amazed and what you can get for scrapping specialized weapons like boosted institute rifles and such. If you often find yourself needing materials to build, I highly recommend two points in Scrapper.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
If you're a ranged player you should settle on one or two weapon types, say a hunting rifle and a 10mm pistol. Remove mods from those types of weapons that you want on your guns. Eventually you'll find something better than what you have so don't lose sleep over it. Generally speaking you only destroy weapons and armor for two reasons.

1). You're over encumbered and need to free up weight.

2). The weapon or armor is going to give you a material you need. If you don't have any points in the Scrapper perk, there's almost no reason to destroy weapons and armor for this since you'll mostly just get leather, steel, and cloth. With Scrapper you can get more uncommon materials based on the rank like copper. With at least two points in Scrapper, you would be amazed and what you can get for scrapping specialized weapons like boosted institute rifles and such. If you often find yourself needing materials to build, I highly recommend two points in Scrapper.

Alright. But lets say I find a weapon with a silencer. If I destroy it, can I use that silencer on another weapon?

Alright. But lets say I find a weapon with a silencer. If I destroy it, can I use that silencer on another weapon?

You need to unattach it by building a different mod (easiest/least expensive way is usually the standard mod in that category), and then that mod will be in your inventory. You can reattach it when modding another weapon as long as it's in your inventory and the weapon is the same weapon type (10mm silencer for 10mm pistols or auto pistols etc.)

nortonff

You need to unattach it by building a different mod (easiest/least expensive way is usually the standard mod in that category), and then that mod will be in your inventory. You can reattach it when modding another weapon as long as it's in your inventory and the weapon is the same weapon type (10mm silencer for 10mm pistols or auto pistols etc.)

So if I destroy a weapon I destroy all of its mods?

Getting stuck in to Far Harbor.
It's been amazing so far and really improves in story and the writing.

I love the new enemies (except that one god forsaken legendary gulper that kept killing me!)

The frame rate has been great (some dips) on the Xbox One.

Making a settlement there and its going well.

But I have one complaint... Its a big one:

Why do I still get "Red Rocket is under attack" type quests still. I'm not there I don't want to have to fast travel back to the Commonwealth only to fast travel to the settlement. I wish they would stop it. I've given up on them
The majority are well defended but always feel guilty.

Volimar

Good lord the
Condensers down at Longfellow's Cabin
Quest. That was rough!

I've made good on my promise about lights. Instead of using power pylons to string wire, I use street lights. Also put wall lights on the outside of the structure I built. So many wall lights...

The majority are well defended but always feel guilty.

They'll be fine.

U2NUMB

So whatever that small patch was last night on the X1 it broke all my saves. Every mission marker shows wayyy outside the map. I am at a loss.. no idea what to do.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So now that I have finished Far Harbor and have completed all the other DLCs for Fallout 4, I can safely say that I have felt this season pass so far is not all that impressive and is very very likely to go down as the weakest DLC packs for the Fallout games and I am someone who got the season pass for $30 and I still feel underwhelmed as for someone who payed $50, it really sucks.

I actually felt Automatron was decent enough, but rather short as I completed it all in one sitting, still it was about as long as Operation Anchorage.

Wasteland Workshop was fun, but it got old real quick.

Far Harbor was very good, BUT it was simply not worth the $25 price. Sure the island was big, but the content was comparable in length to Point Lookout, Old World Blues, Honest Hearts etc. Far Harbor (as I expected it would be) was really a $15 DLC priced as a $25 DLC. There simply was not enough content there to justify the price IMO.

One other thing that disappointed me about Far Harbor is that it didn't add enough to the weapon and armor crafting. I figured they would surely have given you a station that would enable you to make your own legendaries and/or add ballistic weave to any article of clothing. I realize that you can do these things with MODs, but those fuckheads at Bethesda decided to disable achievements and that makes MODs a no go.

So at this point there is still $20 worth of DLC left unaccounted for and as of right now, I am not expecting much. Maybe two more packs with a length similar to Automatron.

Rumor has it that the next DLC will be a Nuka Cola amusement park and two more wasteland workshop DLC packs.

The next two DLC packs need to be pretty good to justify the cost.

Volimar

I've been pretty happy with the DLC so far, but yeah those asking prices are insane. Glad I got the season pass before the increase. I think i even got it for 23% off at that.

That (far harbor)
hotel murder mystery quest was neat, but I feel like it wasted a lot of space for it.

Vic_Viper

Just read about the twist ending, it's straight up
Blade Runner lol
. Can't wait to dive in when I get some time off work. But between Marvel Heroes, Doom, and Overwatch I have no time, too many good games out.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Just read about the twist ending, it's straight up
Blade Runner lol
. Can't wait to dive in when I get some time off work. But between Marvel Heroes, Doom, and Overwatch I have no time, too many good games out.

Its not a twist ending. It's a question that is brought up in the middle of the DLC and (to the best of my knowledge) is never really addressed again.

Top Bottom