• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

gossi

Saw a small video on mods that are coming to Xbox one with Larry Hyrb.

They are bringing over the one where you can add a settlement to anywhere... I have heard that over time that mod kills PC performance the more settlements you make, but it gives me hope we will get a mod for unlimited junk so we can build in peace...

There's currently nearly 600 mods on Xbox One, which leaves beta this Tuesday. One is 50k carry weight.

N° 2048

Can't wait for mods on PS4 but seriously not touching cheap stuff like carry weight, saving anytime, etc for Survival Mode.

Can't wait for new radio stations, weapons, skins, etc. Oh man.

Morokh

Saw a small video on mods that are coming to Xbox one with Larry Hyrb.

They are bringing over the one where you can add a settlement to anywhere... I have heard that over time that mod kills PC performance the more settlements you make, but it gives me hope we will get a mod for unlimited junk so we can build in peace...

Some already exist and are available on consoles like this one :
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13285/?

Also, just fyi, no one is 'bringing' a specific mod to Xbox (or PS4) but the mod authors themselves when they choose to upload their mods on Bethesda.net and support them there for different platforms, any corporate guy that claims otherwise is just using them for good PR an just should be slapped in the face.

N° 2048

FYI guys, the list will probably be identical for XO and PS4 mods once the PS4 mods come out.
There is nothing that I can think of that prevents XO mods going on PS4 and vice-versa.

gossi

Tuesday! Whoop. Any place I can see what the nods are? So I don't have to drag through all the mods

Yep! Click here: https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/view-all?platform=XB1

Create a bethesda.net account on that link, you need one to use on console. Remember your username and password.

You can also subscribe to them online, and then when you log in they auto sync to your console.

There's over 700 Xbox One mods now -- it's growing 100 or so per day -- and so far 4 Playstation 4 mods.

Here's a vid of one of the latest PC and XB1 mods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv6SnfGYwYE

Branson

I gotta say, survival mode has reignited my passion to play this game. Just need a camping gear mod or something to get around the weird save restrictions. This is what I wanted out of the game on my first play.

Unai

I gotta say, survival mode has reignited my passion to play this game. Just need a camping gear mod or something to get around the weird save restrictions. This is what I wanted out of the game on my first play.

I would be okay with a quit and save that erases your save when you reload. Very useful when real life calls.

neoism

Can't wait for mods on PS4 but seriously not touching cheap stuff like carry weight, saving anytime, etc for Survival Mode.

Can't wait for new radio stations, weapons, skins, etc. Oh man.

when when when... :( I dont care weight limit is literally the worst thing in this game for me... not sure how many times I did the companion trick to get my stuff to one settlement to another. beth is really takin their time.. :/

There's currently nearly 600 mods on Xbox One, which leaves beta this Tuesday. One is 50k carry weight.

giphy.gif

holy shit seriously please tell me mods on ps4 is soon.. I just got into it again and have put in about another 10 hours on my old save but in survival mode.

N° 2048

I like the weight limit, it actually makes me think of what to bring and immerses me more into my Role Playing.
Saving, the same thing. Saving anytime feels so cheap now, like I have to think about my speech checks now and decisions I make. Not just be able to reload to get what I want.
I think that's why I like those two features, they really force me to think and adapt. They really add more to my roleplaying.

Bethesda made Survival Mode perfect. You have to really think and struggle to Survive.
However, I am excited for someone to make a Survival Mode options toggle mod. I would like to play old school style sometimes too.

You can see your playtime in the information of the autosave too. I did this yesterday to check my playtime.

Tigress

also I really hate you cant make a manuel save in survival mode.. I like knowing my time spent in the game....

You can.. I think press options at the save menu and it will give you more info on the autosave. This is how I know I've spent at least 41 hours on my survival character (technically more cause I played a lot, died and had to start from a save that was from a little back at least).

Looked through the mods and there are tonnes I am interested in. Majority are just to give unlimited junk and flatten out sanctuary and ASD more buildings.

Hope they all work together...

neoism

I like the weight limit, it actually makes me think of what to bring and immerses me more into my Role Playing.
Saving, the same thing. Saving anytime feels so cheap now, like I have to think about my speech checks now and decisions I make. Not just be able to reload to get what I want.
I think that's why I like those two features, they really force me to think and adapt. They really add more to my roleplaying.

Bethesda made Survival Mode perfect. You have to really think and struggle to Survive.
However, I am excited for someone to make a Survival Mode options toggle mod. I would like to play old school style sometimes too.

You can see your playtime in the information of the autosave too. I did this yesterday to check my playtime.
I still think you should hold more, im only 138 p with a companion at level 62 lol I didnt up strength and its fucking me over...
I tell you one thing they could of done was you can make one settlement your warp base. but you can change it after you choose, and you can fast travel there and only there that would have been better.... going back to my lighthouse from all the way over at the other end is just boring and aggravating. i will fix the weight but will leave pretty much everything else its made the game more fun. I really want more weapons Different weapons, maybe that one mod were I can put any mod on any gun... Ive used the Deliverer and a maxed out .50 cal with double dam for like 100 hours... I want a better looking AR.. not sure how that will go on console though.

You can.. I think press options at the save menu and it will give you more info on the autosave. This is how I know I've spent at least 41 hours on my survival character (technically more cause I played a lot, died and had to start from a save that was from a little back at least).

not sure its just random numbers and letters on the auto-save on ps4 but the manual saves has it in days, hours, min

Branson

I would be okay with a quit and save that erases your save when you reload. Very useful when real life calls.
Yeah i agree. I'll get gophers mod for sure but last night when I was trying it I really didn't like searching for a bed. Took the immersion out for me. My guy doesn't need 1 hour naps every 30 minutes. I'm not RPing a Narcoleptic lol.

But anyway I was really tired last night and wanted to sleep so it was super annoying running around looking for beds so I can sleep and not lose an hour and all of my junk.

Everything else about the mode is how I wanted to play the game originally though.

Tigress

not sure its just random numbers and letters on the auto-save on ps4 but the manual saves has it in days, hours, min

Uh so does the auto save when you find the right screen (I'm pretty sure it is in the more options). I didn't translate my hours from random numbers and letters.

Yay....another bug.

I am traveling with Nick and I see this terminal, I'd like him to hack it. But I can't talk to him at all. Any way to fix this?

Wondering if anybody has anything.

I haven't played Survival yet but I think in Survival you get more damage from enemies but also do more damage to them so they should actually die faster so no more bullet sponges. But I'm sure there are still bullet sponges.

My advice:
First of all use this map to know where it is safe to go at the beginning
http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Fallout-4-Map.png

Best is to focus on one kind of weapons and try to level that one up quick so that you can do a lot of damage.

I think perks that make your crits better and perks that makes you get a lot of crits does also help.

Stealth is also always a good way to do a lot of damage with a single bullet.

N° 2048

My advice for Fallout 4, especially for first timers is go in blind.

Then if you really can't figure things out, start looking at the Wiki.

void666

Banned
Does survival adds weight to ammo and meds? I was sure it did. But ammo and meds were stil 0 weight in my game. I wonder if a mod is messing with it.

Anyway i didn't like survival mode. Restricting saves and console commands? I don't trust this game to be glitch free. I won't risk losing hours of gameplay.
And fast travel is a necessary evil. I avoid using it but sometimes i have to.
The need to drink/eat/sleep is fine. But i think it's immersion breaking having these messages (you are thirsty) pop up all the time. And my guy was always thirsty.

So back to very hard. I used a mod to increase damage. Mine and theirs. I just need a mod that adds weight to stuff and my custom suirvival will be complete.

JoeNut

I'm really enjoying Far Harbour, it's great. It's a shame it's just a bit dark all the time, i'd like to be able to appreciate the island rather than it just be a mass of fog.

i bought Old Faithful from a guy in Arcadia, it's the lever action rifle with an additional projectile, it's pretty good.

So far i've not actually seen that many creatures during the fog, just ghouls. The trappers are pretty bad ass though.

Doc_Drop

I'm really enjoying Far Harbour, it's great. It's a shame it's just a bit dark all the time, i'd like to be able to appreciate the island rather than it just be a mass of fog.

i bought Old Faithful from a guy in Arcadia, it's the lever action rifle with an additional projectile, it's pretty good.

So far i've not actually seen that many creatures during the fog, just ghouls. The trappers are pretty bad ass though.

A lot of them hang around the edge of water or interestingly up trees...

Branson

And that's why I use Gohpers quick save mod for survival. Got out of my power armor to go down into this water for a quest and did the thing and went back to get into my power armor and couldn't. Had to quit and reload the entire game. I would have lost like an hour of progress because of a stupid fucking bug.

Starting a new character. Mods are fantastic but don't want to pump a lot of time in to my main character I will keep her for achievements.

Being able to make a settlement and not having to travel for junk and shipments really cut time down.

And the Spring time in Commonwealth (grass mod) is amazing and Xbox has been keeping frame rates really steady.

Have Bethesda been too late in getting mods out the door for fallout 4?

I honestly dont know anyone who is still playing, the majority of folk I know are perplexed why I keep playing. Its been over 6 months since launch and the expansions and the mods rely add longevity to hardcore fans but there was an OT for Far Harbor And for Mods.

Far Harbor OT vanished into the fog within a week.

Mods OT has just vanished.

Survival mode spiked interest on here for a while as well.

DLC takes time, but hopefully for fallout 5 and Elderscrolls Bethesda will have a survival mode and Mods ready much sooner.

Sarcasm

Question about Survival:

Can you have one save that is a completely different character on say very hard while a completely new and different character on survival?

Gutss

Hi guys i think im stock in the 1st quest the one that clear concord of hostiles, i killed all the raiders and last the deathclaw but the mission is still there, am i missing something? need help guys.

btw im on the ps4

Doc_Drop

Hi guys i think im stock in the 1st quest the one that clear concord of hostiles, i killed all the raiders and last the deathclaw but the mission is still there, am i missing something? need help guys.

btw im on the ps4

If you have indeed killed all the raiders you need to head back into the museum

Branson

Starting a new character. Mods are fantastic but don't want to pump a lot of time in to my main character I will keep her for achievements.

Being able to make a settlement and not having to travel for junk and shipments really cut time down.

And the Spring time in Commonwealth (grass mod) is amazing and Xbox has been keeping frame rates really steady.

Have Bethesda been too late in getting mods out the door for fallout 4?

I honestly dont know anyone who is still playing, the majority of folk I know are perplexed why I keep playing. Its been over 6 months since launch and the expansions and the mods rely add longevity to hardcore fans but there was an OT for Far Harbor And for Mods.

Far Harbor OT vanished into the fog within a week.

Mods OT has just vanished.

Survival mode spiked interest on here for a while as well.

DLC takes time, but hopefully for fallout 5 and Elderscrolls Bethesda will have a survival mode and Mods ready much sooner.

The problem for me, at least for the replayability aspect of it, is that I can't role play as much as with say, NV. I don't really want to build up my settlements again, or go through the main story.

I started a new character on survival and while I enjoyed my time with it, I just wanted to get to the dlc because I've done all of this, and it's not like it would change much. The voiced character just makes me think of my main guy and not this new guy I made.

It really made me appreciate the balance of damage though on Survival. Going back to my level 41 character made me feel like a god on normal. That's ok though. I just want to see the DLC. Maybe I needed a longer break from it to start over.

N° 2048

I play daily since launch. Around 500 hours clocked in throughout two play throughs.

I also wear my Fallout shirt at work and get at least two people daily saying how they love the game and play it.

reddit.com/r/fo4 and reddit.com/r/fallout are very active as well and the Fallout 4 YouTube community is HUGE and active.

void666

Banned
Far harbor is as mediocre as vanilla fallout 4. At least so far. I have yet to finish the dlc.

It's all about mods for me. Bullet time, jet pack and combat feels fresh.
Yesterday i installed a mod called ressurection that adds lush vegetation and trees all over the commonwealth. It's in a very early dev stage but it completely changes the feel of the game. I like it very much.

And there's this alternate start mod i have yet to test.

Sarcasm

I can't play Survival due to the limitation on saving. I don't have the certainty that I will be able to sit for a bit and find a bed to survive.

So I just hit a bug that made my character permanently invisible. Same with all of the text on the pip boy. Tried reloading my save, killibg myself. Nothing would work. The only work around I found was completley shutting out of the game and turning it back on. Just an fyi for fellow wanderers.

Volimar

So I just hit a bug that made my character permanently invisible. Same with all of the text on the pip boy. Tried reloading my save, killibg myself. Nothing would work. The only work around I found was completley shutting out of the game and turning it back on. Just an fyi for fellow wanderers.

I got that once too. Too bad it didn't make you invisible to enemies.

Top Bottom