• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

neoism

soo guys i started my old save on survival even though i hate having no fast travel...

but i was wondering how do you make a manual save in SM it did it once but everytime i sleep in a bed it just makes a autosave.. i wanta know how much time i put in? is this a glitch bug or something.?

N° 2048

soo guys i started my old save on survival even though i hate having no fast travel...

but i was wondering how do you make a manual save in SM it did it once but everytime i sleep in a bed it just makes a autosave.. i wanta know how much time i put in? is this a glitch bug or something.?

You can't make a manual save. It only keeps the last three auto saves.

styl3s

Is the workshop stuff worth it and should i get Automotron before Far Harbor? Just platinumed the game and wanna move onto the DLC.

Morokh

Is the workshop stuff worth it and should i get Automotron before Far Harbor? Just platinumed the game and wanna move onto the DLC.

Depends on how much you are into settlement building.

The capture creatures and staging fights aspect isn't worth it, it's buggy as hell.

Tigress

Depends on how much you are into settlement building.

The capture creatures and staging fights aspect isn't worth it, it's buggy as hell.

I dunno, I kinda like having two deathclaws and a bunch of cats roaming my settlement. I named the deathclaws Jesse and James :).

Well done the main missions and as many side quests as I could over the last couple of days on Far Harbor.

Ended up:
Far Harbor
saved
Arcadia
saved
Children of the Atom
blown up

Happy with my choices. The settlement in the North
is great and very proud of it, bit got a defend quest for it where by the fog demisters went offline. I failed it as I was too busy killing monsters and not repairing them.

Decided to make a platform wall (built from Concrete foundations) around with missile turrents and heavy laser turrets so if it happens again I can safely repair everything without interruption.

The settlement has a large space and beach and is very generous with the amount you can build on (feels like spectacle island the amount you can build).

Just finished Fort Hagen and when I got out I saw a big airship and vertibirds. For some reason I am getting attacked by one of the vertibirds. But I have helped, still helping BoS with quests. Wtf?

N° 2048

Just finished Fort Hagen and when I got out I saw a big airship and vertibirds. For some reason I am getting attacked by one of the vertibirds. But I have helped, still helping BoS with quests. Wtf?

Once the Prydwen arrives. You'll see Gunners in Vertibirds. They will attack you.

Morokh

Really? I've never seen that before. :lol

I saw them often at the water plant you have to clean out to unlock Greygarden attacking a BoS vertibird, and if successful taking it, but the mutants in the area coming into the fight makes it that the Vertibird is usually down before they can grab it :p

JoeNut

So did anyone get the automatron glitch with the mechanist where he just stands around and you're stuck in his lair? I don't have a previous save and I'm stuck in the room. Wtf

N° 2048

I saw them often at the water plant you have to clean out to unlock Greygarden attacking a BoS vertibird, and if successful taking it, but the mutants in the area coming into the fight makes it that the Vertibird is usually down before they can grab it :p

The best was when I called in a BoS Vertibird, hours after my last save in Survival Mode.

I hear those beautiful Vertibird sounds, obviously assuming it's my salvation about to take me to my home base so I can sleep/save.

NOPE FUCKING GUNNER VERTIBIRD. I hear BAP BAP BAP BAP and DINK DINK DINK as the Gunner starts turning my Power Armor suit into pieces.

I ended up running to my settlement. He ended up taking out my left arm and right leg Power Armor.

Volimar

So did anyone get the automatron glitch with the mechanist where he just stands around and you're stuck in his lair? I don't have a previous save and I'm stuck in the room. Wtf

We're you sneaking? I got that too once. I crouched and in. Touched a bunch and then walked all over the middle of the room untouched and eventually got the mechanists attention.

Just started playing this, didn't realise I could invest in perks straight away. Up to level 6 I put points into SPECIAL. Have I screwed myself?

Just started playing this, didn't realise I could invest in perks straight away. Up to level 6 I put points into SPECIAL. Have I screwed myself?

naw, I usually bump up my SPECIAL before perks anyway save for the weapon damage perks

which brings me to my next point

choose 1 or two weapon types and stick with them, anymore is a waste of perks

carlsojo

How my Survival mode playthrough is going: Try to go to Diamond City -> get distracted by something that I want to explore -> go explore -> get murdered.

It's frustraaatingggg.

Doc_Drop

Man that thinking with portals mission is hard.

Last one took me an age, I was so happy when the penny dropped for me

Are you on PC? same happened to me second time I went through it and some of the enemies get stuck in the environment. I had to open the console and turn off clipping to hunt down the stuck robot, kill it, then the fight/quest should advance. Not sure how to get past this issue on console though

JoeNut

Last one took me an age, I was so happy when the penny dropped for me

Are you on PC? same happened to me second time I went through it and some of the enemies get stuck in the environment. I had to open the console and turn off clipping to hunt down the stuck robot, kill it, then the fight/quest should advance. Not sure how to get past this issue on console though

No, ps4, so there doesn't seem to be a fix. i can't get out...

Doc_Drop

No, ps4, so there doesn't seem to be a fix. i can't get out...

Yeah...that sucks man. Is it at the point where
the mechanist is dropping mines and electrifying the room?
. Because that's where I got stuck. Hopefully you have a save before entering the building, even then I heard you can run into the same problem. I hope it gets patched soon, it seems like a common issue

JoeNut

Yeah...that sucks man. Is it at the point where
the mechanist is dropping mines and electrifying the room?
. Because that's where I got stuck. Hopefully you have a save before entering the building, even then I heard you can run into the same problem. I hope it gets patched soon, it seems like a common issue

yeah i googled and everyone says it's happened to them too.

It's after that bit, when the power shuts off. i've tried everything, you can jump through the holes in the roof where the robots come out of and it respawns you again after a loading screen, but even that doesnt work. my last proper save point before i enterered that room was before i even installed automatron, because i always just use quicksave.

<angryface>

Doc_Drop

yeah i googled and everyone says it's happened to them too.

It's after that bit, when the power shuts off. i've tried everything, you can jump through the holes in the roof where the robots come out of and it respawns you again after a loading screen, but even that doesnt work. my last proper save point before i enterered that room was before i even installed automatron, because i always just use quicksave.

<angryface>

Damn, that is rough. At least knowing how everything goes in the quest it can be quite quick if you've discovered some locations already. I usually find myself only somewhat inconvenienced by Bethesda bugs, but there are some real stinkers sometimes

I never used to get a lot of crashes in Fallout 4 on Xbox One but since the latest patch it seems to freeze more often. It could be anything I guess but just now during VATS it completely froze and for my friends this has happened mostly when activating VATS. Hope it won't happen too often.

As much as I like Survival mode, I do get afraid or getting a corrupt save file, because if that happens I will lose everything. There should be a manual save option at beds, so that we can multiple ones in Survival, solely for the risk of corrupted saves.

Volimar

real geniuses at Bethesda smh

I mean, that's one of the points of survival mode. You can't just save before every dangerous encounter and then reload if things don't work out. Bitch at Beth for a lot of stuff, but this is supposed to work like that.

I use a mod that lets me quick save whenever I want.

I need some Mini Nukes for a nearby tough enemy, so I decided to create a weapon store in my County Crossing settlement but when I batter, I see zero items. How does this work?

Volimar

I need some Mini Nukes for a nearby tough enemy, so I decided to create a weapon store in my County Crossing settlement but when I batter, I see zero items. How does this work?

Sometimes it takes a little time for the npc to stock up when you make them a shopkeeper.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Question Is it possible for your automaton to be destroyed if they are designated as a caravan? I already know that they can be destroyed if they are not your companion (found that out the hard way) but can they be destroyed if they are on a supply line?

Doc_Drop

Question Is it possible for your automaton to be destroyed if they are designated as a caravan? I already know that they can be destroyed if they are not your companion (found that out the hard way) but can they be destroyed if they are on a supply line?

I don't think so,it hasn't happened to me yet. Then again I haven't noticed any of my supply line caravans getting wiped so I'm not 100% positive

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I don't think so,it hasn't happened to me yet. Then again I haven't noticed any of my supply line caravans getting wiped so I'm not 100% positive
Thanks. Guess I'll have to wait and find out. I built a fully modded Sentry bot for The Castle and during the mission where The Gunners attack, it was destroyed. I can't believe Bethesda won't allow them to be marked as essential unless they are your current companion. I wasted a lot of resources making it and was totally vexed when it happened. There's no reason they couldn't have.

Thanks. Guess I'll have to wait and find out. I built a fully modded Sentry bot for The Castle and during the mission where The Gunners attack, it was destroyed. I can't believe Bethesda won't allow them to be marked as essential unless they are your current companion. I wasted a lot of resources making it and was totally vexed when it happened. There's no reason they couldn't have.

Very annoyed happened to me as well. Now it's just a burnt out shell at my settlement in far harbour. If it was my companion I could have used the robot repair kit, but I can't fix it or anything. My idea of having a couple of robot sentry guards at each settlement is no longer on the table after this.

Although I use them for Provisioner's they don't get destroyed when they are doing that.

Doc_Drop

Hmm, gunners attack the Castle? Was that a radiant quest or is there a specific way this happens. I haven't seen it and it would be interesting to play through it

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Hmm, gunners attack the Castle? Was that a radiant quest or is there a specific way this happens. I haven't seen it and it would be interesting to play through it
It was after I finished the main quest line and two of the major factions had already been neutralized; it was at that time that I decided to begin building up my settlements with the Minutemen. In my other playthroughs, (I think) one of those two factions would substitute for The Gunners.

Tigress

Very annoyed happened to me as well. Now it's just a burnt out shell at my settlement in far harbour. If it was my companion I could have used the robot repair kit, but I can't fix it or anything. My idea of having a couple of robot sentry guards at each settlement is no longer on the table after this.

Although I use them for Provisioner's they don't get destroyed when they are doing that.

A while back some one on Reddit posted a fix for this (don't know how effective it is). Make the robot your follower and then dismiss him and he will then be marked essential.

Top Bottom