• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I think I might ahve a glitch, I am trying to do the Automaton quest where you have to build one, but it keep saying I don't have enough components, even though I do. Anyone dealt with this?
The junk inventory incorrectly indicates that you have a sufficient amount of the required components but you really don't. Add more of each of the required components even if it says you have enough. It's one of the required junk items that you are short on.

Slayven

The junk inventory incorrectly indicates that you have a sufficient amount of the required components but you really don't. Add more of each of the required components even if it says you have enough. It's one of the required junk items that you are short on.

Thanks, was the aluminum.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I have a question for PC,

Was there a patch that was released a couple hours ago? Because I think there was and since then I can't launch the game at all unless I shut down my anti--virus software.

No, Putting fallout as an exception doesn't work. Shutting down the anti-virus it the only way that works.

Though I can start my anti-virus after the game starts without issue.

Stevey

Finished the Far Harbor DLC last night, was pretty good really, back in the commonwealth, messing around with the traps and cages because I didn't touch that stuff before.
Getting a bit of a second wind with the game now, Steam says I've played it for 107 hours now.
Looking forward to building my own vault and running tests on the dwellers.
Pretty glad I bought the season pass when it was cheaper.

When I'm working in the power armor station, it increase my encumbrance, and then I start taking damage because I'm over the limit.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there a workaround? Has this always been a thing, and I just never noticed because being over limit didn't cause damage?

When I'm working in the power armor station, it increase my encumbrance, and then I start taking damage because I'm over the limit.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there a workaround? Has this always been a thing, and I just never noticed because being over limit didn't cause damage?

This happens to me as well, really annoying. Luckily it doesn't happen at other work stations.

kidko

Are you repairing pieces of armor that you were carrying around broken? They go to zero weight when they're broken, but will gain weight when they're fixed... right?

Are you repairing pieces of armor that you were carrying around broken? They go to zero weight when they're broken, but will gain weight when they're fixed... right?

Not sure, but that's a good thought. I'll play around with it.

Edit: It seems that's the problem, but it's still buggy because equipping the broken piece on the power armor frame doesn't fix it.

Workaround is to repair, mount, exit and then re-enter to do whatever else you were going to do.

I wonder if they actually sold a lot of season passes at $50. Seemed like a ploy to increase sales of a season pass that was underperforming.

They should have 1 more story/location DLC in the season pass with the 2 remaining workshops made into 1. Half of the shit in the upcoming workshop looks useless (ball tracks the hell?).

Tigress

They should have 1 more story/location DLC in the season pass with the 2 remaining workshops made into 1. Half of the shit in the upcoming workshop looks useless (ball tracks the hell?).

I can't remember what was said but some one on the fallout reddit mentioned some stuff with it that did sound useful (but yes, everything they advertised sounded pointless even if you like settlement building if you want to keep it semi realistic to the world). I'm not sure where they got their info though. I certainly hope the DLC has more than what they advertised though. I can't even remember what the second DLC was.

I mean I like the settlement additions but I wanted at least three story DLC :( (Or was hoping for), Honestly I would have been happy if they did three decent sized story DLC and one settlement addition (that was bigger than the little settlement additions they did).

Volimar

I can't remember what was said but some one on the fallout reddit mentioned some stuff with it that did sound useful (but yes, everything they advertised sounded pointless even if you like settlement building if you want to keep it semi realistic to the world). I'm not sure where they got their info though. I certainly hope the DLC has more than what they advertised though. I can't even remember what the second DLC was.

I mean I like the settlement additions but I wanted at least three story DLC :( (Or was hoping for), Honestly I would have been happy if they did three decent sized story DLC and one settlement addition (that was bigger than the little settlement additions they did).

There's also elevators, armor/weapon racks, warehouse building options, and that stockade thing that I'll be putting Marcy long in for the rest of her life. The other stuff: conveyor belts, ball paths, scaffolding, etc. don't really interest me at the moment.

There's also elevators, armor/weapon racks, warehouse building options, and that stockade thing that I'll be putting Marcy long in for the rest of her life.

I wonder if there's a mod where you can turn recruited settlers into Raiders, then I could put all of the minutemen into stockcades and cages, it'd be great. Except for the story disconnect where I help people.

Replicant

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I couldn't find it in my builder tools. Can you build a fog condenser yourself? Or do you only get what's already there?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Man I really don't know if I should continue playing on survivor mode.
I love the difficulty and the tension but dying and going a long way back and doing a bunch of things again is frustrating.

Sarcasm

I love the difficulty and the tension but dying and going a long way back and doing a bunch of things again is frustrating.

Where are you? I am finding a ton of beds everywhere I go lol.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Where are you? I am finding a ton of beds everywhere I go lol.

At the beggining. Problem is, knowing myself, I'll constantly forget to sleep to save my game lol. Yestarday I had cleared some places, next building a bandid shot a missile on my face. I didn't even see the bastard. I swear I could break my controller in half.

At the beggining. Problem is, knowing myself, I'll constantly forget to sleep to save my game lol. Yestarday I had cleared some places, next building a bandid shot a missile on my face. I didn't even see the bastard. I swear I could break my controller in half.

Good luck with the raiders that shoot mini nukes

Then survival probably is not for you. Otherwise, as suggested before there are mods that weaken the save only in beds feature, some are even "lore-friendly":

Campsite (adds craftable tents to the game, so you can basically save anywhere with this mod):

https://mods.bethesda.net/#de/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1094477

Survival Saving Holotapes (adds holotapes everywhere in the commonwealth which you can use in your pipboy to save)

https://mods.bethesda.net/#de/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1060573

Im using the holotapes myself in my current survival run as they are a finite ressource (its not like they are everywhere) so you still have to think when you want to use them and when not.

nortonff

Then survival probably is not for you. Otherwise, as suggested before there are mods that weaken the save only in beds feature, some are even "lore-friendly":

Campsite (adds craftable tents to the game, so you can basically save anywhere with this mod):

https://mods.bethesda.net/#de/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1094477

Survival Saving Holotapes (adds holotapes everywhere in the commonwealth which you can use in your pipboy to save)

https://mods.bethesda.net/#de/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1060573

Im using the holotapes myself in my current survival run as they are a finite ressource (its not like they are everywhere) so you still have to think when you want to use them and when not.
I'm on PS4 :(

void666

Banned
So, yesterday i decided to start a new game. Uninstalled almost all my settlement related mods and installed a few new ones.

Alternate start because fuck that intro. I'm a 3rd generation synth hanging out in diamond city. I'm doing my best to avoid everything main quest related.

War of the commonwealth adds tons of enemy spawns all over the commonwealth. It's so much fun. Gunfire everywhere!

nortonff

Well supposedly we get mods soon (Bethesda had said this month) but I heard rumblings that at least a week or so ago they were still trying to work it out with Sony (apparently problems with PS4's sound format vs. the game's?).

Well I really hope so. A few mods to adapt survivor mode will make the game perfect for me.

Well I really hope so. A few mods to adapt survivor mode will make the game perfect for me.

I actually find survivor mode to be just about perfect for what I'm looking for. I wish the rate of radiation exposure was increased and I'd like to see weapon degradation and limb treatment like FO3. Disabling fast travel, save only in beds and the lower carryweight + ammunition weight is all pretty great. I think the Institute needs teleportation conduits you can build in settlements to balance out Brotherhood/Railroad's Vertibirds though.

Tigress

I actually find survivor mode to be just about perfect for what I'm looking for. I wish the rate of radiation exposure was increased and I'd like to see weapon degradation and limb treatment like FO3. Disabling fast travel, save only in beds and the lower carryweight + ammunition weight is all pretty great. I think the Institute needs teleportation conduits you can build in settlements to balance out Brotherhood/Railroad's Vertibirds though.

I actually was skeptical about saving at beds. I still wish I didn't have to sleep to save but I get around that by doing the start sleeping and cancelling before my character sleeps (it's easy to pretend she didn't really sleep when I do that). It does add something to have to be more careful.

But I think now that I'm starting to get a little bored again of the game I'm not as enthused about having to replay a lot just for an area I keep dieing so I may be less loathe to get a mod that lets me use a limited supply item like a holotape (prefer that to a camping sight for rp reasons) to save (I'd want it limited though so I had to be a little choosy still about when I wanted a more "free" save. I like not being able to save at any time I want and I know I would if I could so I don't want unlimited saves. But I would like an ability to have a few times I can save at strategic spots but I have to choose if I want to use up a "free" save that way).

What I wish is that I could find something that damaged more. I find that the enemies damage me quicker in survival but I haven't really noticed that I do more damage to them unless they are pretty lower level than me. I was kinda hoping it would be like both sides just needed a few shots to die (encouraging me to be careful but by getting in the first shots/better strategy to avoid getting shot it would give me an advantage). But it seems the mobs are still kinda bullett spongey imho.

I wish Bethesda had put a toggle in (That you could only choose when you started the game). Because while I feel that allowing saving anytime really would take away a lot of what makes survival tense (I do agree it really does add), I don't see why people shouldn't have that option and shouldn't be able to enjoy the other things survival brought (also maybe a toggle for fast travel and anything else that would be easy to implement. And I don't even use fast travel when I have the option, I just see no problem with allowing other people the option. With maybe only allowing it when you start the game so those that know they'd cave if htey could have an option to make the game force them... like me with saves).

I actually haven't died all that much on Survival. The only place I died multiple times was when I got mini nuked walking up to the Nahant Wharf. One time I killed the raider with the launcher and then someone must have picked it up, as it got launched at me again. As far as a weapon that damages someone goes, the radium rifle and lever-action rifle from Far Harbor do wonders.

DireStr8s

From the sound of it, getting mini nuked in survival mode is definitely a thing, lol. I got my dose from above by a raider on the bridge to the liqour store in Lexington. He was just pounding ghouls with it when Ada & I became collateral damage. We had just cleared the Super Duper Mart, too.

When I saw the contraptions trailer during E3, I thought "That's so dumb...I want it!" Although E3 and earlier back problems has left me bedridden. I can't wait to try it out in a few days when I'm able to sit comfortably.

Sarcasm

From the sound of it, getting mini nuked in survival mode is definitely a thing, lol. I got my dose from above by a raider on the bridge to the liqour store in Lexington. He was just pounding ghouls with it when Ada & I became collateral damage. We had just cleared the Super Duper Mart, too.

When I took the power plant quest I saw that dude from the over pass. I kept hearing explosions and flashes, I couldn't figure it out for a long time till I saw her in action.

Just downloaded the new DLC and I can say hand on heart that its the biggest load of rubbish since Horse Armour!

Hangman's Alley made a structure with the elevator, leaves gaps between floors, its very shoody.

The contraption part of it has plenty of switches but it's overall a novelty. Once you have done a little bit there is nothing more to do.

Gun racks and armour racks are cool in your own space but overall something a quick mod could have done.

The manufacturing is interesting, for 5 minutes. Built up a small system so I could have the same weapons and uniforms for settlers but a simple mod can spawn these things out of thin air.

Bethesda has made a great game in fallout 4, probably my game of the generation so far with the amount of hours I've sunk in to it, but damn the Season pass has been awful. Had I known I may have skipped it and just bought Far Harbor. I paid for content, I was expecting 4 DLCs like Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Nuka World needs to be similar in size to Far Harbor and have good writing otherwise I won't buy another season pass from them again until I see what the DLC consists of.

The Mods have been hellishly fun, and added so much to the game and I can't wait for more games to implement them.

Bethesda has made a great game in fallout 4, probably my game of the generation so far with the amount of hours I've sunk in to it, but damn the Season pass has been awful. Had I known I may have skipped it and just bought Far Harbor. I paid for content, I was expecting 4 DLCs like Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Yeah this might be true but considering that the Season Pass was 30 bucks before they raised the price and Far Harbor itself is already 25 bucks I don't think it was a mistake to get the seaon pass. Automatron was fun and I think Nuka World will be too.

Are there trophies for the new DLC?

Holy hell, this guy's settlement is amazing

K2SS0a2.jpg

gtlIiI6.jpg

More:
http://imgur.com/a/ETPNs

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Are there trophies for the new DLC?
yes, three of them.
1. build a pillory put a settler in it (tried with Marcy Long, triggered the achievement but she doesn't show up in it, dang.)
2. build and fill a weapon display, an armor display and a power armor display
Those two were done in 90 seconds.
3. produce 100 items with one of the new machines (started with Ammo, but there's onlyone box of ammo every 30 seconds or so, so thiy might take a while.)

yes, three of them.
1. build a pillory put a settler in it (tried with Marcy Long, triggered the achievement but she doesn't show up in it, dang.)
2. build and fill a weapon display, an armor display and a power armor display
Those two were done in 90 seconds.
3. produce 100 items with one of the new machines (started with Ammo, but there's onlyone box of ammo every 30 seconds or so, so thiy might take a while.)

Doesn't sound too bad.

Top Bottom