• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

N° 2048

How worth it are the companion perks? I ask cause I am in survival and already planned to get lone wanderer.

Forgot to answer you earlier, I personally don't bother with companion perks. If I do, I use Piper early in game for the exp boost when discovering new places.

Replicant

So I made a music video highlighting my character's adventure:

https://youtu.be/ig1_ZnxDneY

I only have PS4 default video capture but as I recorded bits and pieces of the game, I wanted to create an overall picture of my character's adventure in the past 7 months. I wish I had mods to give him better clothing but I'm happy with what I ended up with. And I know "The Wanderer" had been used often but I felt it was appropriate for this. Video contains spoilers to locations and monsters in Commonwealth & Far Harbor.

Companions are a huge pain in the ass on Survival in my experience. They "die" a lot and return home if you don't stim them.

I feel like Survival also puts great emphasis on Inspirational, which requires CHA 8. Lone Wanderer is amazing and only requires CHA 3.

My preference so far is to go CHA 6 for LW and Local Leader, and then worry about Inspirational and companions perks after the bobblehead. Then you're just another CHA +1 away from Wasteland Whisperer if you want it for the DLC.

So I made a music video highlighting my character's adventure:

Very cool!

Sarcasm

So found a fat man and a few nukes + some big robot.

Still dunno what I feel about survival. Then again I barely have anything that helps relieve the basic needs + illness stuff.

And rad storms, just sleep through it?

Volimar

So found a fat man and a few nukes + some big robot.

Still dunno what I feel about survival. Then again I barely have anything that helps relieve the basic needs + illness stuff.

And rad storms, just sleep through it?

You can, I just soldier on. It took me a long time for that tiny red bit in my HP make me not want to take radaway right away. Mutant Hound Chops are the best.

Man, nuka world looks great but I'm disappointed 3 of the dlcs so far are fillerish. Hopefully Nuka World is big, Far Harbor was great, Automatron was eh and I didn't care for WW so I'm not interested in 4 and 5.

Morokh

That first new dlc looks like a wasteland workshop 2 in about every aspect.
Settlement objects that should have been there in vanilla, others where there already is very well done mods for it, and a new gimmick people will play with for a day or two and then drop because it's either not really useful or just a buggy mess...
Can't wait to see all the items on conveyor belts fly all around a settlement xD
As for their use... Nothing we have right now outputs items in a directly usable form, or allows to transform items automatically into a finished product, I hope they thought of something, otherwise I don't really see the point.

The vault one looks more interesting but i hope they just don't drop it in the game without a bit of context or story.
Fallout Shelter lite in-game sign me in!

Nuka World really gave me an old-school Fallout vibe let's hope it's something more like Far Harbor, genuinely interested to know more.

I think the story would have been a lot better if it was based around the settlement and companion mechanics and you were basically Kevin Costner's The Postman.

Sarcasm

So at LV 7 I decided to attempt the Concord mission. I didn't even have to fight the death claw, the raiders and car explosions killed it lol.

Now I am on survival..don't have water bottling source yet and I need to get LL before I can turn a different settlement into a bottle producing machine. But I also need to get chemist. Sooo many things. Not enough time.

Volimar

So at LV 7 I decided to attempt the Concord mission. I didn't even have to fight the death claw, the raiders and car explosions killed it lol.

Now I am on survival..don't have water bottling source yet and I need to get LL before I can turn a different settlement into a bottle producing machine. But I also need to get chemist. Sooo many things. Not enough time.

If nothing else, just pick up empty bottles you find and fill them anywhere and drink the dirty water. The rads are preferable to the stat decrease.

Sarcasm

With the announcements should I even continue my new save?

Build your own vault sounds good but like it will require junk which is limited right?

Volimar

With the announcements should I even continue my new save?

Build your own vault sounds good but like it will require junk which is limited right?

You'll probably get enough for the basics of a vault just from clearing the vault area of stuff like with settlements, but yeah, you need junk.

What is the best ways of obtaining these perks? Especially since the lw perk wouldn't work.

You can still take advantage of that perk. You only have to have Piper or Deacon as a companion until you complete their personal quests lines. To move their quest lines along, you need to do nice things for people and pick locks.

Slayven

I think I might ahve a glitch, I am trying to do the Automaton quest where you have to build one, but it keep saying I don't have enough components, even though I do. Anyone dealt with this?

Sarcasm

Wolfgang at the diner one shots me after dialogue....

Guess just kill him from afar? Was going to try to get some more dialogue.

Sarcasm

I played near launch for like 60 hours lol. I was just stating that I have played a good chunk with new save and I am still only getting raider gear. I got one that does chameleon and a couple that give AP (I assume it does as it says AP where it shows stats for resists and stuff).

I haven't picked up alcohol..besides beer bottles -.-.

Survival.

Tigress

I am lvl 11 and I have no new gear. Let alone stat boosting gear -.-

Gotta kill the legendaries for the stat boosting gear ;). For the other stuff in early game you really gotta learn to craft some. Oh, and I killed wolfgang before he even talked to me *grin* (I figured my character had little sympathy for drug dealers and she stopped and listened to the NPCs conversation first, she was fresh out of the vault. Now occasionally she'll take drugs but not often).

But, if you insist on talking to him, run soon as he stops talking (and maybe zig zag some to make a harder target) and then hide when you are a decent distance (if it still says danger run again). THen sneak a little farther away and let the brackets start moving away from the caution til hidden and then sneak attack him ;).

Honestly, you really gotta start thinking and getting creative if you want to survive in survival. Situations are going to change and you are going to have to get creative to fix them. Every time you try notice what gets you killed instantly and what seems to maybe work/have a chance. Trial and error. If that is too annoying for you and not fun (it can be a little frustrating but so rewarding once you find a tactic that works), maybe you are right in your first inclination and survival is not for you. I mean I love survival but I'm used to dieing a lot (I suck at games) and having to figure out some way to give myself advantages (cause I'm not really good at being a quick shot, my aim is terrible and I gotta have some time to make a good shot. It's why I almost always do a stealth/sniper build). But even survival has taught me sometimes stealth is not enough. I've had to think outside the box for my usual tactics. And I love that!

Top Bottom