• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

MJfvLw5.jpg

Dooooooone.

Pilgrimzero

I'm level 46 and never saw one in the wild. Had to buy mine in diamond city.

I got 2 from raiders at a plane wreck site. So far it's not an amazing weapon. Then again my semi auto pistol and smg have exploding bullets and wreck anything and everything so it's hard to compare other weapons.

Speaking of weapons I am sad the minigun seems so underpowered.

So what exactly drives up happiness? Mine has stuck at 66 but I guess my charisma is so low that I could never have the access I need for 100?

Got my Charisma up to 10. I built that settlement from scratch and just moved every settler there from other places. Made sure all beds were under a roof and every settler had a bed. The sleeping complex is the building on the right.

Built a bar on top of it, plenty of lights and places to sit. Lined it with enough turrets to get my defense over 140. Built four industrial water purifiers and planted 24 Mutfruits. Built a market square and filled it up with Surgery stalls. Made sure every settler had work, food, water and a place to sleep.

Then I just stayed at the settlement for a while, sleeping for 24 hour stretches and occasionally going out and spending some money at the stores, or building some random shit (like the tower I took the shot from or the platform you can see on the water in the back). I hovered at 99% for a bit, and right as I headed to bed for another 24 hour nap the achievement popped.

Then reloaded the save I made right before starting that settlement. :lol

Valus

Soooo....yeah.

How do I put clothes on which let me wear my armor?
I look like a fool on my journey through the wasteland.

You can wear underarmor. Army Fatiques, Vault Suit, etc. Put it on and you won't look like that.

Is it possible to make a fully sneaky / stealth melee character?

Yes absolutely, just don't take the final perk of Big Leagues (increases melee damage). It's bugged.

ezekial45

Banned
Soooo....yeah.

How do I put clothes on which let me wear my armor?
I look like a fool on my journey through the wasteland.

Only certain outfits let you put armor on top. Vault suit, Road Leathers, Army fatigues, athletic outfit, and a few others, for instance.

Rixxan

does anyone know if theres a way to (PC) console load the final quest?

ive glitched out on one of the final quests and would really love to at least be able to close out the main story

Valus

I wasn't aware of this, lame.

PSA for Melee Users:

Don't know if this has been discussed already or not, but I finally hit level 42 and took the final Big Leagues perk and max it out. Saw the unique one shot effect every now and than which is cool. However after awhile (eg 7 hours of gameplay later) I started to feel like my damage was lacking, I wasn't killing things like I was before. So I checked out my weapons and lo and behold, all my melee weapon damage has reduced to PRE-BIG LEAGUES levels. I have all the passive abilities like one shotting, cone attacks, and disarming potential still but the "double damage" portion has been removed entirely. I confirmed by reloading an old save and re-picking the perk just to confirm that yes, after taking it, my damage is nerfed incredibly instead of increased 20%.

Here's a video of it so you see what I mean (not mine).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5opAny58Vcs

I don't want to lose those 7 hours of adventuring so I'm just going to suffer through it. I still hit hard but it's incredibly frustrating that something like this passes the quality testing. My super sledge does 122 damage with maxed out big leagues and 10 strength, plus grognak's costume. Really sucks since I built my character 100% around melee.

TL;DR - DON'T TAKE THE 5TH LEVEL OF BIG LEAGUES

Pilgrimzero

Speaking of melee. My character isnt built for it but being in PA helps with that. Anyways, I got a Legendary Power Sledge Hammer or whatever its called and went to town on some raiders and ghouls. With every swing all I could hear was "For the Emperor!" Power Armor and a Warhammer. Good times!

Majestad

Banned
Is the radio glitched or something? Sometimes songs repeat after maybe 2 or 3 songs. Others on the other hand come rarely, like I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire.

Sarcasm

Still tempted to dump two points into CHAR to get leader perk.

Also what/who best place to sell items (purified water) to?

I noticed before doing a test run that selling 102 purified water netted 702 caps. 2 points bumped it up to 816.

Hummmm.

Trojan

Quick question about platinum: if I'm playing on normal difficulty, am I still able to get the platinum if I save before the main story branches? Might actually go for this as long as I know I haven't already locked myself out of something early on.

I've heard the Benevolent Leader trophy is a bitch, but still might go for Platinum so I have a challenge and bc I love this game so much.

Think I've been lucky so far but I've hit my 1st Glitched quest. I can't for the life of me get the companion
MacCready
to continue his quest. Terminal is supposed to trigger him giving me the password but he flat out is having nothing to do with it. I tried beating him into giving it up, Nooooope. Kinda frustrated wanted his perk. On PS4 so can't console command around it.

Little clip of me trying to get the quest to trigger: https://youtu.be/KVCiWKLyWXQ

I got 2 from raiders at a plane wreck site. So far it's not an amazing weapon. Then again my semi auto pistol and smg have exploding bullets and wreck anything and everything so it's hard to compare other weapons.

Speaking of weapons I am sad the minigun seems so underpowered.
My explosive minigun seems to be fine ;)

Think I've been lucky so far but I've hit my 1st Glitched quest. I can't for the life of me get the companion
MacCready
to continue his quest. Terminal is supposed to trigger him giving me the password but he flat out is having nothing to do with it. I tried beating him into giving it up, Nooooope. Kinda frustrated wanted his perk. On PS4 so can't console command around it.

Little clip of me trying to get the quest to trigger: https://youtu.be/KVCiWKLyWXQ

Is that in the Med-X building? There should be a way to get the password without him as I went in there before even knowing it was related to his personal quest.

Quick question about platinum: if I'm playing on normal difficulty, am I still able to get the platinum if I save before the main story branches? Might actually go for this as long as I know I haven't already locked myself out of something early on.

I've heard the Benevolent Leader trophy is a bitch, but still might go for Platinum so I have a challenge and bc I love this game so much.

No achievements are locked behind difficulty. It's a Bethesda game.

Is that in the Med-X building? There should be a way to get the password without him as I went in there before even knowing it was related to his personal quest.

Yeah I saw some post somewhere about a Jacob's Password in Covenant. I'd not been there yet so I went and got it and still nada :(

Mr_eX

Just started the game. For what ever reason I didn't start with the vault-tec jumpsuit. My character is running around the wasteland in his underwear.

Should I restart the game?

Yeah I saw some post somewhere about a Jacob's Password in Covenant. I'd not been there yet so I went and got it and still nada :(

Hm, I don't think I did that either as I found the Med-X building completely by accident and was able to get through it in one go and grabbed the
cure for Macready
, even though up until that point I didn't even know it existed and I didn't bring him along with me. I wish I could give you more info though.

Etnos

Banned
Just started the game. For what ever reason I didn't start with the vault-tec jumpsuit. My character is running around the wasteland in his underwear.

You can pick a new vaul tec jumpsuit right at the beginning, in the room where the vault gate control is

squadr0n

When will I know that Ive picked a faction and upset the others? I currently have the quest "The Molecular Level" where I need to pick a faction to get help from, is that the deciding quest or do I need to go further with one faction before I get the quest that will upset the others. I want to go with the Brotherhood and ive only done like 3 quests per faction so far.

Pilgrimzero

My explosive minigun seems to be fine ;)

IMO explosive seems to be the best ability.

My semi auto pistol and smg are as high damaging as possible and shred anything thanks to the explosive ability. Bar none better than any other weapon I have.

Example: came across a Mirelurk Killclaw (or whatever), Assault Rifle couldnt stop it. .308 Rifle couldnt stop it. Laser rifles, minigun is just sad. My 25% more damage shoty could do it in maybe 8 shells

But my explosive semi auto pistol? 3-4 bursts it was dead. Same with the SMG. Even hitting it in the shell.

Deathclaws, no problem Brap brap brap dead.

And explosive is so nice aside from killing the dude im shooting it the splash damage gets his friends standing by him to

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
MacCready

Oh god no.....I started his quest yesterday and I hope I don't run into this issue. I actually read about this issue over at GameFaqs and your post actually makes me wonder if I should not even try right now and reload my Save file because I saved my game before I even attempted to start this Quest

I'm keeping his duds thou.

I'm actually enjoying settlement building more than before, but I still have some issues. I'm sure stuff like the UI will be fixed with mods, but a couple of things that drive me crazy as of now are...

Please, close the damn gates.

Build a wall, gates, turrets...and all the settlers still just run outside the walls to fight, and enemies can just spawn inside the gates.

So I went from not wearing the sea captain outfit at all to always wearing it. It makes my guy look like a boss ass motherfucker.

Also can anyone pinpoint to me where the mole rat mother is? I know I've seen her before just can't recall where. I've made every creature leader my bitch so far might as well do this one too.

Steel

Banned
Yeah, other clothes are too "thick" **rollseyes**

There's a mod for that, actually:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2228/?

With most outfits, it's perfectly balanced, though I imagine with stuff like the silver shroud coat it'd be OP. But at least this way I can wear a tux under my armor.

There are other clothes that have an equivalent place. You could also use the mod above if you're on PC.

Pilgrimzero

The vault suit is bar none the best under armor in the game for quite a while.

The Minutemen General outfit is the absolute best, reminds me of the 8th Doctor's outfit.

Also hope one of the mods that makes it to PS4 is "wear armour over every outfit"....

Pilgrimzero

BoS jumpsuit is better. You can actually find it at any time if you go to the right place with your radio active(not the police station).

I think I just now found one of those (about 100 hours in) I'll have to double check it. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom