• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

McGRIZZLE'S FISTS-ONLY ADVENTURES IN THE WASTELAND -- LOG 6
Previous Logs: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Hey there, fellow fistmen. Been a while.

What've I been up to? Well, you know me, always making friends.
cZPqfta.jpg

Speakin' of friends, I decided to head back on to Diamond City. First time since I cleared out that bar. Everyone had cooled off since then, or at least decided not to run their mouth lest they get a jawful of my fist. Since I made scrap outta that robot chef, people I guess learned to make their own noodles. I guess life goes on, ya know?

So anyway this reporter, the same one that I came into town with in the first place, she keeps asking me for a story. Now I ain't much for talkin', as I prefer to let my fists do that for me. So I give her the only story I know: "Person asking questions gets beat to death." Only she's another goddamn Essential. They're fucking everywhere and it's driving me up a wall. On the other hand, it means I can punch her for a good 5 minutes solid and she can't do nothin' about it but take it. I imagine that's its own kinda hell.

Now here's where the bullshit starts, dear reader. I was minding my own business, walloping this nosey reporter in the confines of her house. Now somehow, when I walk back outside, everyone's angry again! Did everyone have their ears up against the door or somethin'?! Does nobody in this goddamn town care about PRIVACY?! I take note of the fact that none of them came in and stopped me during all that punching, so they can't have cared that much about the reporter in the first place. Maybe somebody realized they gotta make their own noodles now and got uppity. Who the fuck knows. All that matters is I got security up my ass trying to put me away. And instead of being MEN about it and having a good round of fisticuffs, they're using them pansy-ass bullet-slingers.

Goddamn heathens.

Anyway, I gotta get, and quick. So I run, and I run. I got a bit of a lead, and I come across a park in a residential area. And what do I see but some huge motherfuckin' bear things, these yao guais, and I see I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. But what should I spy in the middle of this park? A little green ufo thing. Something big enough for a man, but not enough for a mutant bear. I hear the security guys coming from behind and I figure it's time to give 'em a little surprise.

I crawl inside the UFO. The bears come over to say hello.
izn24k7.png

I say hi back, and settle in for a good show.

Now, I ain't got no beef with bears. They do their fightin' respectable-like, no guns, no lasers, no grenades, just what tools God gave 'em.

Anyhow, moments later Diamond City Security comes rollin' in, thinking they got me trapped. Ohohoho.

The bears take note, and the show is on. I only got little round viewports but hey, it's better than nothing.

8EToPKc.png

3PRJboI.png

QHpWlX1.png

What I wouldn't have given for some popcorn!

Anyhow, by the end all but one or two of the security goons is dead, and the bears are dead, and the rest is up to Old Faithfuls One and Two. After the bears, my fists give 'em no respite. Down they go, and away I go.

Until next time, keep on punchin'!

- McGrizzle

Lanrutcon

I've killed Mirelurk Queens

I've killed Mirelurk Kings

I kill Yao Guais like breakfast

Radscorpions? Moar like NotsoRadscorpions. That legendary albino one went great with my eggs.

Next in my list?

Mole Rat Mother, coming for you.

Albino Radscorpions are not the toughest species, btw. There's a tier Radscorpion above them.

Hardest fights for me have been named quest humanoids. I had one burst me down to under 10% health from full in MKVI Shielded X-01. That's nuts.

Ironically just killed one.
Boston Police Rationing site.

kind of disappointed, found like 3-4 together in the
glowing sea
and they're the size of a regular molerat.

What's the point of killing animals if they aren't bigger. I killed a bunch of deathclaws, an alpha one, and a legendary radscorpion hunter to get there. All for nothing.

This game's biggest disappointment is I can't fulfill my fantasies of monster hunter and just go around hunting big ass versions of the scary creatures.

Albino Radscorpions are not the toughest species, btw. There's a tier Radscorpion above them.

Hardest fights for me have been named quest humanoids. I had one burst me down to under 10% health from full in MKVI Shielded X-01. That's nuts.

Where? I mean it won't matter, I'm 1-shotting everything I find.

kind of disappointed, found like 3-4 together in the
glowing sea
and they're the size of a regular molerat.

What's the point of killing animals if they aren't bigger. I killed a bunch of deathclaws, an alpha one, and a legendary radscorpion hunter to get there. All for nothing.

This game's biggest disappointment is I can't fulfill my fantasies of monster hunter and just go around hunting big ass versions of the scary creatures.
Don't worry they'll mod in dragons some how.

Bunker Hill main quest mission ended up being extremely silly and nonsensical, the way I played it.

If it's anything like me
I warned every faction and nobody was violent against me, so I waltzed right into the place with the synths, said hi to them, walked back out and grabbed shit off dead bodies
lol

The game broke.

Ah damn...

Now i don't know what to do. For all these hours i've been traveling with my good ol buddy Dogmeat, and now
Curie
can be my companion and the pro's are that she can administer me with Stimpacks. Is this a cool companion?

Ah damn...

Now i don't know what to do. For all these hours i've been traveling with my good ol buddy Dogmeat, and now
Curie
can be my companion and the pro's are that she can administer me with Stimpacks. Is this a cool companion?

She's ok. For someone sassy who likes to be a dick and ask for money for, she was a pain. I couldn't be sassyyyyyyyyy.

Also I have yet to find out how do I use her perk.

Disxo

Nearly the end of the game and Im struggling to make the game feel fresh, any suggestions?

(Btw I love this game but I've done all the important sidequests)

She's ok. For someone sassy who likes to be a dick and ask for money for, she was a pain. I couldn't be sassyyyyyyyyy.

Also I have yet to find out how do I use her perk.

Hmmm i see. I might keep ol buddy with me then. He's the shit.

I have nick as my companion but preston is following me everywhere as well. I have 2 companions right now.. weird.

Yep i have that too. Did you happen to walk out on a quest where he was part of? Cause that is how it was for me.

If it's anything like me
I warned every faction and nobody was violent against me, so I waltzed right into the place with the synths, said hi to them, walked back out and grabbed shit off dead bodies
lol

The game broke.

That's exactly how I played it.
I let everyone shoot each other dead then I cleaned house on the few remaining survivors. Everyone in the basement was dead by the time I was done. It was a fantastic roleplay opportunity though, my character was the double agent type who wanted to stay undercover so she just killed everybody. My character is becoming more and more of a douche as she progresses, lol. I also love how your character is so emotional when talking to the Institute leader dude and then you can just shoot him in the face after and he/she basically gives 0 fucks :p

Tainted

Bunker Hill main quest mission ended up being extremely silly and nonsensical, the way I played it.

Yep, there was definately something weird with that quest. I too was able to
just waltz through without agro'ing anyone, unsure if it is broken or intentionally designed that way depending on whom you are allied to.

It just sticks out as one of those weird moments in FO4

Seriously I have no idea how I'm going to get out of
The Institute
. There are literally about 50 guards blocking the pathway out and I can't Stealth Boy by them.

Watevaman

So I retook
Castle
for the Minutemen. I was expecting to have a harder time fighting the big bad but she went down without even touching me.

abundant

Yep, there was definately something weird with that quest. I too was able to
just waltz through without agro'ing anyone, unsure if it is broken or intentionally designed that way depending on whom you are allied to.

It just sticks out as one of those weird moments in FO4

I think it's broken, I had the same results. Plus I experienced some of the worst frame drops I've ever seen during that quest.

GravyButt

Quick question on supply lines. What do the connected settlements share?

Do they share food/water and junk only?

For example say I have multiple settlements that have multiple industrial water purifiers. Will I have to visit each settlements workstations to pick them up or can I just visit one and collect it all at once? Thanks!

johnsmith

remember me
Starting to bump into more and more bugs. Apparently both of the NPCs you can recruit to your settlement at Vault 81 are bugged. And Ronnie Shaw and the Vault Tec Salesman both stopped restocking their inventory

OH MY GOD THERE'S SO MANY

Yes, but it actually depics the level of the challenge. Red just means you need high charisma to have it reliably succeed, otherwise you're at the mercy of RNGesus.
Med-X and Buffout up and smite the fools.

There's... too many of them!

Find a spot to hide if you have high sneak. Then take them out 1 by 1.

You think McGrizzle sneaks? Bwahahahaa

UPDATE: SUCCESS MOTHERFUCKERS

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Damn i wanted to start a new game today but i'm debating whether to do a high luck/AGI/PER sniper build or a power armor build with high INT/STR. The power armor build is more complicated because i'm not exactly sure about the special and perk distribution and what kind of weapons to focus on, heavy weapons seem cool but i'm gonna run out of ammo fast, I think rifleman in power armor should suffice.

TheBear

I'm sick of missing headshots. What gun + perk combo should I be rolling?

Does Rifleman cover sniper rifles as well? I'm using a hunting rifle at the moment which is reasonably powerful with a glow sight but I ain't hitting shit.

You laugh at sneaking but I can take entire rooms and 1 shot tough enemies. McGrizzle sounds like a punk I could handle in my sleep.

McGrizzle thinks you're a dishonorable little worm!

Anyway, the place I was in really doesn't have any hiding spots. It's literally right outside of an elevator, and then up a hallway stacked with the guys. You have to brush by them to even move. I DID try it with a stealth boy, though. No dice.

v0mitg0d

I’ve received more emails, comments and tweets regarding Trade Routes than anything else—so I made a video guide explaining them. Requirements, assigning a settler and canceling a trade route. Short & sweet, located here:

https://youtu.be/6nmuIS6wnFo

Hope it helps!

Fox Mulder

Having fun with this, but it just sucks how scaled back it is in areas. Shitty dialog system and no weapon/ammo crafting. Lame.

I'll miss my nuka grenades.

v1ncelis

Done with trophies. Game is amazing. It's like Fallout 3 and Skyrim had a baby, even if it's a bit ugly.
Now since job with trophies done I will continue explore world and continue building settlement, it's really addicting.

I convinced someone in Vault 81 to come work for me, the young lady, forgot her name. So far my only real settlement is Sanctuary. Will she automatically show up her after a while?

Can the settlement building stuff be kinda skipped? I really just wanna explore and kill stuff but I'm feeling compelled to collect all this junk in case I need it down the road for whatever reason. Tired of running back to Sanctuary after every mission to drop junk off.

Tainted

I convinced someone in Vault 81 to come work for me, the young lady, forgot her name. So far my only real settlement is Sanctuary. Will she automatically show up her after a while?

Probably not...just like the other companions you can get, they will stay put unless you tell them to go somewhere else.

SirNinja

Bethesda really needs to take a cue from games like Spelunky and make it so that merchants will turn hostile if they see that you're obviously messing with their inventory. The armory aboard the Prydwen is basically a carnival game where you toss frags in there just to see what stuff you can get to bounce out the main window without harming Teagan or letting him see you steal his stuff.

This sort of thing was amusing in Oblivion, but it's really got to stop sometime.
Just as soon as I can get that X-01 helmet outta there

N° 2048

So after 65 hours I made it to Diamond City. Holy SHIT. Beautiful.
As soon as I walk in..BOOM quest here, quest there. Also lots of speech checks. I'm milking everyone for their caps with my high charisma build + charisma boosting clothes. Most people max out @ 200 caps but I'll take it :p

Haven't done any major quests but thinking of seeing Nick for the first time.

This game, guys. Christ. Amazing. Also got a nice settlement with shops and all at %80 happiness with 18 settlers. So much to do.

Top Bottom