• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Steel

Banned
It a Raider Power Armor right arm that apparently has better durability. Good if you want to run around in Raider Power armor but why would you?

It's a shame raider power armor sucks so much(more because it lacks upgradability than anything). It looks pretty cool.

squadr0n

Quick Question:

When will I know that Ive picked a faction and upset the others? I currently have the quest "The Molecular Level" where I need to pick a faction to get help from, is that the deciding quest or do I need to go further with one faction before I get the quest that will upset the others. I want to go with the Brotherhood and ive only done like 3 quests per faction so far.

Quick Question:

When will I know that Ive picked a faction and upset the others? I currently have the quest "The Molecular Level" where I need to pick a faction to get help from, is that the deciding quest or do I need to go further with one faction before I get the quest that will upset the others. I want to go with the Brotherhood and ive only done like 3 quests per faction so far.

The game warns you with a dialogue box telling you that the actions you are about to take will make you permanent enemies of another faction.

Aizo

Banned
So I uh... I did this tonight. I spawned 100 raiders. I guess the engine gets lazy when you spawn that many, because they look odd. Anyway, I fired the MIRV at them.
968DD44EECD4025732BEB0A342840F147F550C96
... and then I did something similar to 50 Deathclaws...

Kama_1082

Banned
Ok, I just finished the main story line. WOW, what a game. Loved every single part of it. Now what else can I do in the end game?. I sided with the Brotherhood of Steell.

I've got a question regarding the "Tradecraft" Quest:

So I'm in the Lexington Switchboard and in front of that massive door and the terminal. But Deacon stands there doing absolutely nothing! Do I have something else to do before he opens the Safe or why is he just standing there?

Calderc

So I'm noticing all of a sudden I seem to have very few quests to choose from. I just finished Hunter/Hunted and have nothing there from the Brotherhood, just a sorta misc quest from the Railroad and nothing (apart from the endless ones) from the Minutemen. What gives? Do I need to progress further in the main quest?

ironmang

Having trouble getting the last 7 or so misc objectives for that trophy. Every thing that starts under "misc" leads to a sidequest that doesn't give it misc credit. Is there some master list of all misc objectives?

(i'm endgame and didn't side with
brotherhood
so I can't do those easy ones)

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Having trouble getting the last 7 or so misc objectives for that trophy. Every thing that starts under "misc" leads to a sidequest that doesn't give it misc credit. Is there some master list of all misc objectives?

(i'm endgame and didn't side with
brotherhood
so I can't do those easy ones)
Best advice I can give you is to unlock Settlements (via the Minuteman Quests) and hope that they get under attack because the game likes to randomly generate Miscellaneous Quest to go help the Settlement under attack.

Kama_1082

Banned
So I'm noticing all of a sudden I seem to have very few quests to choose from. I just finished Hunter/Hunted and have nothing there from the Brotherhood, just a sorta misc quest from the Railroad and nothing (apart from the endless ones) from the Minutemen. What gives? Do I need to progress further in the main quest?
Yeah, you need to progress

R0ckman

Just did the Human Error quest last night. Lol
Killed Dan, merely because he threatened me before I even made a choice. "Are you threatening me Dan?" Lol, I gave human curie a flame thrower and she immediately ran over to fry him, I hardly got a chance to touch him. Just got a cryolator burst on him to freeze him before he fell to the ground and shattered. Does anybody care about his death or am I done with him in there?

Machina

Banned

It sounds to me like you need to explore more. That mission is the last one I've completed of the main quest and I have plenty of side quests listed as either active or already done.

For anyone further along than me, does the quest involving
giving the Virgil schematics to one of the factions
close off quests with the factions you don't get to help you?

r1chard

I've got a question regarding the "Tradecraft" Quest:

So I'm in the Lexington Switchboard and in front of that massive door and the terminal. But Deacon stands there doing absolutely nothing! Do I have something else to do before he opens the Safe or why is he just standing there?
Try saving and reloading. He got a little stuck in my playthrough as well, but sorted himself out on a reload - the quest kinda restarted.

Or hack it yourself? I failed hacking it before he had a chance to ;-)

Calderc

Yeah, you need to progress

Ah, ok, thanks.

And I've done loads of exploring, just spent the last few days doing
Cabot House, USS Constitution and Dunwich Borers
.Wanted to do some BoS stuff but there's none, so guess it's on with the main quest!

Try saving and reloading. He got a little stuck in my playthrough as well, but sorted himself out on a reload - the quest kinda restarted.

Or hack it yourself? I failed hacking it before he had a chance to ;-)

Can't hack it, the terminal tells me it's inaccessible!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Spoiler for having just arrived at the Institute:

So my character is a pretty generic white dude and I see that Father had the same appearance as he would had I just be rolling with default parents. I'm wondering what he looks like for anybody that played a non-default character, preferably black or other dark skinned parents. Anybody got a screenshot of that?

This new dialog system is the goddamn worst. I thought it was bad before with the cryptic what is my character going to say system, so I installed that mod that shows the actual line of dialog. But it sort of highlights how irrelevant your choices are. You legitimately get the exact same line of dialog phrased in 4 different ways. None of those ways significantly differ in tone however so it's seems like the most confusing busy work possible. I can only imagine the torture those voice actors had to go through, it had to be infuriatingly mind numbing. At this point they may as well go whole hog and just cut out the option to pick a response all together except for the points where it differs significantly. (Please don't do this bethesda and add more actual branching).

Spoiler for having just arrived at the Institute:

So my character is a pretty generic white dude and I see that Father had the same appearance as he would had I just be rolling with default parents. I'm wondering what he looks like for anybody that played a non-default character, preferably black or other dark skinned parents. Anybody got a screenshot of that?

my character is a pale red head and the father was a tanned black haired man. synth shaun has red hair and is tanned and father is a tanned man

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Any easy way to gain affinity with Strong?
If you got the Cannibal perk than go eat corpses if you don't than spam the Radient Quests of helping X Settlement with X Issue you get from the Minuteman since Strong does respond to being nice or generous.

Lanrutcon

New character is doing well. She's taken on a kind of Desert Ranger persona. Shotgun, dusty coat and a don't-fuck-with-the-law attitude.

uG3pk1t.jpg

8IQD61t.jpg

j9cY72m.jpg

Mystic654

Ever since I picked up the a gamma gun the game has this annoying buzzing sound in the background that will not go away. Anyone know how to get rid of it? I really don't want to go back 12 hours to my last hard save.

I tried to re-install the game and that did nothing.

Lanrutcon

Which armor is that?

Colonial Duster, with Heavy metal chest, Heavy Combat legs and Sturdy Combat arms.

I use a mod that turns almost every outfit into regular clothing, allowing armor pieces to be worn. It expands the Fashion Souls side of the game by 500%.

BouncyFrag

Just finished up the Silver Shroud questline and it was really good. I was having trouble at the end because I couldn't
kill Sinjin before he killed the hostage but then my mysterious stranger perk kicked in when I used VATS and solved that problem for me,lol. Hancock is a solid companion and not even annoying which is sometimes the case in Bethesda games.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Colonial Duster, with Heavy metal chest, Heavy Combat legs and Sturdy Combat arms.

I use a mod that turns almost every outfit into regular clothing, allowing armor pieces to be worn. It expands the Fashion Souls side of the game by 500%.
Not allowing armor over 95% of outfits is so silly. Not sure why they went that route. It's so limiting. Even with ballistic weave, it's usually stupid to miss out on armor since you get legendary pieces with great perks.

So has anyones else's game crash on the quest a nuclear option end? Everytime i try to finish it keeps crashing, all my auto saves are tied to it to lol.

Not allowing armor over 95% of outfits is so silly. Not sure why they went that route. It's so limiting. Even with ballistic weave, it's usually stupid to miss out on armor since you get legendary pieces with great perks.

Yeah, unfortunately Bethesda only modeled very few items to be "skin tight" so that armor could go over them. It'll be nice when mods inevitably make versions of more outfits fit underneath armor.

I've killed Mirelurk Queens

I've killed Mirelurk Kings

I kill Yao Guais like breakfast

Radscorpions? Moar like NotsoRadscorpions. That legendary albino one went great with my eggs.

Next in my list?

Mole Rat Mother, coming for you.

My explosive minigun seems to be fine ;)

I had an explosive minigun and i hate it sold that shit. The weapon is game breaking powerful. Every single enemy including high level strong legendary enemies would die damn near instantly after 3 to 5 shots. It took the challenge out of the fights.

But that wasnt my main issue.

Its the fact that if i was anywhere near where the bullet landed, id die ibstantly. Just one bullet was all it took to load and last save. And this is with fully moded x01 power armor with the explosive damage reduction paint on it for those damn grenade spaming and mine setting fools.

That weapon is TOO powerful. It also doesnt help that i have all the heavy weapon and explosive perks.

So am I right in assuming that if Kremvh's Tooth doesn't spawn where its supposed to that I had no chance of getting my hands on it?

On Xbox One if it matters.

Top Bottom