• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Denton

Obsidians entry wouldn't exist without bethesdas, and they set out to make an rpg first and foremost, which shows in the meh combat, so that is moot..70 hours in and you think bethesda should have just made another IP huh? You don't think thr fallout world and it's elements have anything to do with pulling you in?

Nobody is disagreeing with how bad the rpg elements are, they are cleay ruined overall,seemingly for no reason,but clearly, not everyones enjoyment comes soley from those admittedly ruined elements, and interestingly enough, the added elements are grabbing some members of the audience in a whole new way, beyond choosing an a dialogue choice where everyone in town will treat you prick or a hero , or using science to repair a sad robots blues.

There's progress despite its shortcomings, the flaws are so obvious and rote now its repeated every page as if its a new discovery

Truth is, Bethesda never promised anyone they were making the fallout of old, its their IP now, they are going in their own direction for better or worse.
So apparently now we basically agree, which makes your previous posts look bizzare.

thenexus6

Why does every time the mysterious stranger appear nick shouts "Damn he was here.. almost got him!" every single time.

Am I missing something?

Sarcasm

This is a small wall:

**IMAGE**

This is an outer wall:

**IMAGE**

I know the scaling between the two looks weird, so apologies, but the second one is the taller wall.

Yeah, I basically never use prefabs anymore because of how poorly they fit with the other floor/wall items.

Visa versa.

Try this: use concrete blocks for your floor. This gives you a flat surface to build on without any gaps between the floor and the earth beneath it.

Now slot your walls on the foundation you've lain, then slot the thick wooden floor on the walls. You'll see it all fits rather nicely without gaps. The thick floor tiles acts as ceiling to the ground floor, and floor to the first floor.

If I was at home right now I'd do some screenshots.

So I did some tests. You either have to use that outercap for every outside wall, even if the third or fourth floor if you use skinny floors.

Or just use thick floors...lol

Lanrutcon

So I did some tests. You either have to use that outercap for every outside wall, even if the third or fourth floor if you use skinny floors.

Or just use thick floors...lol

You know what? when the mod toolkit comes out people are going to be creating some fucking fantastic settlement mods.

In 2 months we'll all be playing FO4:Tower Defense.

Kamina777

Banned
So apparently now we basically agree, which makes your previous posts look bizzare.
..Ro?

thumbnail_14429.jpg

On some points yah.

The Chef

Just spent a good 15 minutes looking for Dog Meat in the Sanctuary.
Checked every dog house multiple times. Here's what I ended up doing.

-Went around and stored every dog house except for one.
-Moved the remaining dog house to a spot I wanted
-Rested in a bed for an hour
-Came back to the doghouse and he was sitting in there.

Hope that helps for anyone in the same position as I was.

GTA

Grand Theft Armor

You will find other armors so don't sweat it to much. I have 5 currently.

Just FYI, I returned to Sanctuary last night, and my power armor was just sitting on the bridge. I'm having a lot of fun trying to imagine the mentality of an NPC that woul jack a suit of power armor only to abandon it a little later.

Plasma

Banned
Just spent a good 15 minutes looking for Dog Meat in the Sanctuary.
Checked every dog house multiple times. Here's what I ended up doing.

-Went around and stored every dog house except for one.
-Moved the remaining dog house to a spot I wanted
-Rested in a bed for an hour
-Came back to the doghouse and he was sitting in there.

Hope that helps for anyone in the same position as I was.

You can craft a bell that draws everyone in the settlement towards it when you ring it if you want an easier way to find your companions.

Hubble

I am confused about the inventory. Why is it when I equip a chest piece, it automatically removes my left leg piece and stuff like that? So frustrating. I just want to easily equip my best gear.

Also, what does the star mean next to weapons? Rare, legendary?

I am confused about the inventory. Why is it when I equip a chest piece, it automatically removes my left leg piece and stuff like that? So frustrating. I just want to easily equip my best gear.

You're probably equipping a full-body outfit which can't have any leg/arm/chest pieces worn over it. You can see what parts a piece of equipment will cover in the little diagram on the apparel screen.

Hubble

You're probably equipping a full-body outfit which can't have any leg/arm/chest pieces worn over it. You can see what parts a piece of equipment will cover in the little diagram on the apparel screen.

That is annoying. I literally am trying to equip a leg piece with an armor chest piece and it dequips it. It is annoying to figure out what I can equip or not.

What does the star mean next to weapons/items? Legendary, rare?

Thanks

danowat

Banned

Also, what does the star mean next to weapons? Rare, legendary?

Check the body diagram to the right of the INV screen, it will flash where the item will "fit", if it's a full body piece, it will occupy all slots, and as such replace your arm/leg and chest armour, not all clothing can fit under armour.

What are the apparel pieces you are trying to equip called?

Star means legendary weapon / apparel.

That is annoying. I literally am trying to equip a leg piece with an armor chest piece and it dequips it. It is annoying to figure out what I can equip or not.

What does the star mean next to weapons/items? Legendary, rare?

Thanks

The "chest piece" is probably a full body piece of equipment, even if it seems like it shouldn't be. The game will show on the little Vault Boy model which "parts" a piece of equipment will cover. And yeah, the star means they are legendary pieces of equipment.

psylah

Alright, last night I came across a raider in power armor. Got a lucky shot (15%!) on the fusion core, he jumped out and I killed him. The thing is, this set of power armor doesn't show up as stealing.

I think what I did differently than the other ones I've taken off of raiders is:

I was sniping from an overpass, so to get to it I had to run to the end of the overpass to jump down and run back over to the suit. I think this had it despawn when I ran far enough away (out of rendering distance) and when the engine spawned it back into the world, it was no longer considered stolen.

The next time you pop a raider out of a power suit, quicksave, clear the area, then try leaving and returning.

If someone could confirm if this worked for them that would be great, I hate having to leave fusion cores in the stolen units at my base. It's dangerous.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Just FYI, I returned to Sanctuary last night, and my power armor was just sitting on the bridge. I'm having a lot of fun trying to imagine the mentality of an NPC that woul jack a suit of power armor only to abandon it a little later.

Preston got out of his power suit armor and then wouldn't put it back on until after the quest to
retake the Castle.
As you might imagine he didn't last long fighting the
Mirelurk Queen in his underwear

Pilgrimzero

So the other day Im wandering around and come across some Raiders in a motel.

A set of Raider power armor sits idol nearby staring at a wall. Why isn't a Raider cruising around in it?

I kill all the raiders except one who is clipped onto the roof or something.

I tell Nick to get into the Raider PA but he says he cant. I figure the armor must have glitched intot he wall or something hence why no NPC can get into it.

Now, instead of saying "Enter" it says "Steal". I'm like really? Steal from raider?

I hop in with no problems and take it back to Sanctuary.

I get it and start to take it apart, fusion core, arms etc cause I want the frame. Immediatly every companion that is wandering around gets mad cause I'm "stealing".

I can dump whatever I want into the frame/armor but if I take anything out im "stealing" which angers everyone. Lame.

Later on a found a dead BoS Knight and boom brand new t60 armor! Thogh I have 1 full set of x01 but Im sure my companion would appreciate it.

psylah

Preston got out of his power suit armor and then wouldn't put it back on until after the quest to
retake the Castle.
As you might imagine he didn't last long fighting the
Mirelurk Queen in his underwear

Companions exit their suit to sleep too, apparently.

I slept with my companion (Piper) and when I woke up, got in my suit and went on my merry way, only to turn around and see her not wearing her goddamn suit, it was on the roof of the building we had just cleared.

Had to go back in and all the way up it again.

Hubble

Check the body diagram to the right of the INV screen, it will flash where the item will "fit", if it's a full body piece, it will occupy all slots, and as such replace your arm/leg and chest armour, not all clothing can fit under armour.

What are the apparel pieces you are trying to equip called?

Star means legendary weapon / apparel.

The "chest piece" is probably a full body piece of equipment, even if it seems like it shouldn't be. The game will show on the little Vault Boy model which "parts" a piece of equipment will cover. And yeah, the star means they are legendary pieces of equipment.

Thanks.
The item is the BOS Combat Armor Chest Piece, and it is only flashing the chest. Maybe I am losing it but it was de-equiping my right leg piece, but now it is not. I fast traveled to a new location and saved, and it is not doing it nomore. Maybe I was mistakened or it was a bug. I was using the app on my phone.

Ah, I did not take a lot of star items from being maxed out on weight.

void666

Banned
Some days this game is awful.
When i did
the dig
quest i was rolling eyes non stop. The jankiness, the dialogues, the disappointing conclusion.

But then there days when i feel this game is goty material.
I had to go to goodneighbor (from red rocket station). Instead of fast travel i decided to take a walk. It was late night and raining a lot. Well, i never made it to goodneighbor. Got side tracked mutiple times. Man, the atmosphere. Sometimes i feel S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibes when playing FO4.

Kamina777

Banned
95%. Still going up.

COME ONNNNN.
My settlement was at 89% 10 people 14 beds.
Ignored it for a bit doing long quests..the. notice its at 58%..turns out my settlement jumped to 18 and they were lissed about sleeping in shifts. To heck with that trophy at this point.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So Fallout 4 has been out a while.. does it seem possible to do a pacifist playthrough?

The very first quest has you entering a suit of power armor, picking a minigun up off of a vertibird like the god damned Terminator and mowing down a group of raiders and a deathclaw.

So no, it's impossible.

Tratorn

How does "local leader" work?
I sent some settlers to other villages (with R1), but i still can't access their workshop. Do I have to do anything else?

Alpende

But then there days when i feel this game is goty material.
I had to go to goodneighbor (from red rocket station). Instead of fast travel i decided to take a walk. It was late night and raining a lot. Well, i never made it to goodneighbor. Got side tracked mutiple times. Man, the atmosphere. Sometimes i feel S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibes when playing FO4.

I experience this a lot. I tell myself to complete quest X or go to location Y. Meanwhile I get sidetracked and don't actually do the quest I wanted to do.

I

dab0ne

Thanks!

Whoever he mentions as being a bad criminal on the radio is who your next target is. It branches out and gets more complex after that initial phase. I thought the whole thing was pretty hilarious, especially with the radio show callers.
All I got were the shows after the initial hit. The first hit was obvious. In between episodes he said who to kill and where they were on the map. Are the names and locations hidden within the show after that? Definitely haven't heard any callers.

Jintor

I assigned a settler to my weapon shack but nobody's ever turned up there every time I go and visit, what gives

Cleared the Castle... ran out of ammo on that big 'un...

xinek

Gutted to find out that
Nick
can't be romanced. Ugh, why?? My character really wants to get into his pants.

dlauv

I'm not exactly sure which thread it's ok to bring this up in. Didn't feel it worthy of a new thread.

So, I was playing Bloodlines and thinking of New Vegas and KotOR 2, and wondering how come those games with all of their technical woes are so much more beloved than Bethesda's? Is it because of the CRPG sensibilities, or because Bethesda gets much more attention than games with more or better-developed CRPG sensibilities? Many favored RPGs are absolutely rife with bugs, and usually benefit from fan patches. Bloodlines is perhaps my second-favorite RPG (of all time (time (time (time)))), but it is, even with the patches, the jankiest of all jank. Seems like a double-standard case of hating the player and not the game.

Moving on to my experience with the end of the game, I locked myself out of a few quests for basically all factions once the wires started crossing and I wasn't sure which order to do what. Didn't really care that much. I think I'm going to reroll a more focused build this time, simply because I still feel like playing it. Are plasma rifles affected by Nuclear Physicist?

Finished the game.

31 Hours. My character ended at level 33. It was good.

I think the UX needs an overall.

The settlement/building stuff is cool, but that also needs some serious work. I spent more time fighting with it than I did actually building cool stuff.

The shooting was better. I'm a big Destiny player(shout out to DGAF) and coming from a game like that it's easy to image how awesome Fallout could be with that combat. Yes, I know, Fallout is an RPG at it's core, but that doesn't mean the shooting couldn't be better.

STORY SPOILERS:
I sided with the Institute. It's a Fallout game so everyone is kind of crappy. I guess the minutemen would be the most nuetral of all the factions. That said, the story was overall weak and I really didn't understand any major factions motivations. Why did the Institute kidnap people again? What did I miss?

I will probably start a second character and focus on power armor. Does anyone have a good SPECIAL stats base for that?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How does "local leader" work?
I sent some settlers to other villages (with R1), but i still can't access their workshop. Do I have to do anything else?

Local leader doesn't give you access to the entire workbench, just the materials from junk.

Top Bottom