• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Anustart

OdeS2kg.jpg

Spiced up my bathroom!

SirNinja

Is there a legendary/unique flame thrower in this? If so, where am I likely to find it or get it to drop?
There's Legendary variants of pretty much every normal weapon type. Just set the difficulty as high as you can manage, kill every Legendary enemy you see and hope it's your lucky day. I recently got a flamer that does bonus damage to bugs/Mirelurks, so yeah, they're out there.

Whoever made the max happiness for settlements deserves to burn in the lowest pits of hell. It takes FOREVER.
Yeah, that system is completely broken. I don't think it was the devs' intents to only be able to get to 100 by building an absurd number of clinics; hopefully they'll tune it with an upcoming patch.

I might have run into an issue?

I'm @ Goodneighbor doing the Silver Shroud quest line.

Before completing it though I finished the stuff with
Hancock so he would want to travel with me, I didn't accept him yet. Now the SS quest line wants me to speak to Hancock as the SS but he only sees my character even when I'm dressed as teh SS. Anyone else run into this?

Jintor

Oh hey this park has four protectrons hooked up to a grid! This must just be some kind of event so they can clear the park of ghouls by themselves- oh shit, that's a glowing one in a hut. Well, I've dealth with - OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S A GLOWING DEATHCLAW, HOLY SHIT, RUN AWAY

and then the deathclaw batted the protectrons around while me and nick shot it from across the lake.

good times.

bomblord1

Banned
So did anyone else when they first got to
The institute shoot father on sight? Ended up reloading my save but the first time that door opened and he walked out I popped his head off before he could even step out all the way out of rage for the main characters son
boy did I feel silly after reloading my save.

The institute shoot father on sight? Ended up reloading my save but the first time that door opened and he walked out I popped his head off before he could even step out all the way out of rage for the main characters son
boy did I feel silly ater reloading my save.

McGrizzle
one-shot punched him to death
. Didn't even say a word. Super fucking funny. Anyway that was what led to the mass shenanigans earlier on this page. Apparently they didn't like that.

boy did I feel silly ater reloading my save.

Ha, I did.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I might have run into an issue?

I'm @ Goodneighbor doing the Silver Shroud quest line.

Before completing it though I finished the stuff with
Hancock so he would want to travel with me, I didn't accept him yet. Now the SS quest line wants me to speak to Hancock as the SS but he only sees my character even when I'm dressed as teh SS. Anyone else run into this?
Try making him a companion and then use the top option when you talk to him as a Companion.

That was how I complete it.

Yes, it was fucking stupid.

Got myself the full set of X-01 power armor. I assume you guys know where to find it.

Unfortunately my videogame anxiety of things having time limits prevents me from enjoying power armor, and since I'm on XB1 I can't just mod it to have infinite durability and never drain Fusion Cores.

I have been considering using the Dogmeat glitch to dupe some Fusion Cores until I have enough to last me for centuries, but that also goes against my "no abusing glitches" rule.

Sarcasm

Got myself the full set of X-01 power armor. I assume you guys know where to find it.

Unfortunately my videogame anxiety of things having time limits prevents me from enjoying power armor, and since I'm on XB1 I can't just mod it to have infinite durability and never drain Fusion Cores.

I have been considering using the Dogmeat glitch to dupe some Fusion Cores until I have enough to last me for centuries, but that also goes against my "no abusing glitches" rule.

You can buy cores fyi

R0ckman

Had a chaotic battle with a pack of dogs, raiders and a deathclaw. It was crazy, Death claw took down a raider, Piper was sooting a bunch of raiders behind a building, death claw changed to focus on me, attack dogs go for Piper, I'm balling deathclaw, attack dog runs up to death claw and takes him out, dog lunges at me I VATS and blow his head off. Man that was crazy.

Fusion Cores aren't that hard to find anyway. You just gotta look out and kill the right shit. I hover between 25 and 30 fusion cores in my inventory at all times, and I'm wearing my Power Armor... at all times. I've never bought a fusion core, either. That's just from pickups throughout my Power Armor adventures. If my playstyle wasn't utterly PA-centric I'd probably have something like a hundred by now, no joke.

Raider encampment leaders sometimes have 'em.
You'll find bunches inside of pretty much any building that seems like a factory or processing plant.
Sentry Bots are fucking mean in this game but if you can get behind 'em and shoot out their active fusion core, you can kill them fast and pick up like 2 or 4 more off its corpse.
Any time you hear running machinery check that shit out because there's a fusion core in it prolly

BizzyBum

Visiting the other vaults are always some of the best locations in these games. You never know what crazy shit you will see or find in them. lol

Where the hell are my companions? My one complaint with the game so far is it's really annoying to track people down. I sent
Piper
to Sanctuary and she's nowhere to be found. I rang a bell, looked in every house, she doesn't seem to be anywhere. I also checked her usual haunts in case she was hanging out somewhere for quest reasons.

And I was forced to leave Dogmeat behind during one mission and wasn't given an option of where to send him, someone said "Alright, let's leave the dog here" and I haven't seen him since. I looked for tips online and looked at all the Sanctuary doghouses, at the Red Rocket where you first meet him, at a few other settlements, he's gone without a trace.

All the game needs is a menu where you select any companion and tag them on the map. Ideally they would just stay where they should be whenever they're not with you and you'd be able to fast travel to them. Why should a companion who lives in a specific spot hang out in one of my settlements instead of their home?

MattyG

Banned
What are some good storage solutions? I'm almost always at max weight, and dogmeat (back at Sanctuary) is full up and so is Nick.

ZangBa

Is there any way to get the workshop in my Diamond City home linked up with the others like with the supply line? Kind of a pain in the ass if you can't.

Also I've noticed there are just too many Fallout 3 cameos. One especially,
Doctor Li working for the Institute. This doesn't even make sense, I'm pretty sure they told me I'm the first one from the outside they let in, and I'm pretty sure she isn't hundreds of years old.

quabba

Where the hell are my companions? My one complaint with the game so far is it's really annoying to track people down. I sent
Piper
to Sanctuary and she's nowhere to be found. I rang a bell, looked in every house, she doesn't seem to be anywhere. I also checked her usual haunts in case she was hanging out somewhere for quest reasons.

And I was forced to leave Dogmeat behind during one mission and wasn't given an option of where to send him, someone said "Alright, let's leave the dog here" and I haven't seen him since. I looked for tips online and looked at all the Sanctuary doghouses, at the Red Rocket where you first meet him, at a few other settlements, he's gone without a trace.

All the game needs is a menu where you select any companion and tag them on the map. Ideally they would just stay where they should be whenever they're not with you and you'd be able to fast travel to them. Why should a companion who lives in a specific spot hang out in one of my settlements instead of their home?

I lost codsworth, but after sleeping for 24 hrs at sanctuary he appeared. Along with Preston who instantly gave me a quest when I walked into the room.

Rixxan

gonna make my daily post itt in the hopes that someone comes along and saves me

the last quest in my quest log is called
Form Ranks
, its an end game quest that i wont detail due to spoilers

im bugged on it, it wont trigger what i need no matter how much i do the task its telling me to do (i know for a fact im bugged, have discussed it with other people experiencing the same thing)

i type in SQT in the console to list my active quests and NOTHING shows up, not even a Quest ID for the quest so i could auto-complete it via that solution

does anyone know of a work around for this?

pretty frustrating to dump 80 hours into this game, hit level 40, and bug out on nearly the last quest

and by pretty frustrating i mean fuck you bethesda

Faenix1

For some reason I found it amusing when I stole the Atom Cat's T60 PA, and strolled in and noone seemed to notice I'm wearing the armour as I talk to them.

What are some good storage solutions? I'm almost always at max weight, and dogmeat (back at Sanctuary) is full up and so is Nick.

I use safes and footlockers.

Though I tend to go over board with organization.

Damn you Bloodborne DLC for being so good. Everday that goes by that I don't play Fallout 4 the less I feel going back to it. Its a common thing for me with RPGs, they are hard to jump back in after awhile.

So I randomly explored into the school whilst walking towards a quest , have not found it too hard. Found a fatboy , anything else useful in there?

I am worried I am exploring shit that's meant to be played at higher levels. I assume at some point a quest will bring me back here.

Exploring is so damn addictive though :p

stuck at the crafting of the device in the main quest. Can't build the part on top of the other. I read guide and solutions online, non are working. help. :(

Had a chaotic battle with a pack of dogs, raiders and a deathclaw. It was crazy, Death claw took down a raider, Piper was sooting a bunch of raiders behind a building, death claw changed to focus on me, attack dogs go for Piper, I'm balling deathclaw, attack dog runs up to death claw and takes him out, dog lunges at me I VATS and blow his head off. Man that was crazy.

The NPC battles in this game are the best of any Bethesda game. They're everywhere and they're often not totally 100% one-sided. It seems like for Fallout 4, if you slap some more faction patrols around the map, we'll have little wars occurring at all times, and that's great.

stuck at the crafting of the device in the main quest. Can't build the part on top of the other. I read guide and solutions online, non are working. help. :(

My first attempt, I built it at the airport and the pieces wouldn't snap together for me either, so I thought maybe the rugs underneath were an issue. I deleted the rugs and suddenly the parts snapped together fine. So check if the ground is level and if there's anything underneath the pieces.

bomblord1

Banned
So I randomly explored into the school whilst walking towards a quest , have not found it too hard. Found a fatboy , anything else useful in there?

I am worried I am exploring shit that's meant to be played at higher levels. I assume at some point a quest will bring me back here.

Exploring is so damn addictive though :p

Pretty sure it uses something similar to the radiant system in Skyrim. Entering an area should lock it to your level.

I lost codsworth, but after sleeping for 24 hrs at sanctuary he appeared. Along with Preston who instantly gave me a quest when I walked into the room.
I'll try that, both of my companions have probably been gone for over an in-game week, I haven't tried sleeping in the specific town they should be in though.

The NPC battles in this game are the best of any Bethesda game. They're everywhere and they're often not totally 100% one-sided. It seems like for Fallout 4, if you slap some more faction patrols around the map, we'll have little wars occurring at all times, and that's great.

My first attempt, I built it at the airport and the pieces wouldn't snap together for me either, so I thought maybe the rugs underneath were an issue. I deleted the rugs and suddenly the parts snapped together fine. So check if the ground is level and if there's anything underneath the pieces.

I cleared everything. Also, I can't power the reflector platform. it says it requires energy but I can't connect any wire to it

dlauv

I wonder why they went through the trouble of getting Jeffery Combs to voice act and decided to not use him for the
Reanimator
role?

Top Bottom