• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Raxus

Sorry which perk should I level up?
Are hunting rifles with a scope any different to sniper rifles?

Sniper. It looks like sniper rifles but it is just 'scoped' rifles so you can put a red dot site using the workbench and you 'should' still get the benefit. At least the companion perk allows that to happen with my weapons since most of the long distance scopes drain VATS.

U2NUMB

Captured this moment and had to add a small photoshop edit..

falloutchill_small.png

Raxus

Yeah. If they die you'll have to redo it but other then that it should be permanent.

Keep in mind leaving a settlement will also make happiness go down for whatever reason so once you have the cash and the items to make a 100 happiness settlement you go for it and just stay in the town for hours while it slowly ticks upwards. I highly suggest you do something else while this goes on. May I suggest binge watching something on Netflix.

RDreamer

Oh Bethesda, your storytelling... lol (Story event in Goodneighbor spoilers):

So they say this scientist went to the glowing sea to hide from the institute, thinking they wouldn't follow him there because of all the radiation. Well the first thing I think is... um... why would synths not follow him there? I'm sure they're not affected by it. Go out and talk to Nick and sure enough he says exactly that offhandedly. He's not affected by synths. So... why the hell is a scientist hiding from a group that specializes in making synths in a place that synths can totally go to easily?

Keep in mind leaving a settlement will also make happiness go down for whatever reason so once you have the cash and the items to make a 100 happiness settlement you go for it and just stay in the town for hours while it slowly ticks upwards. I highly suggest you do something else while this goes on. May I suggest binge watching something on Netflix.

Yeah it's such a ridiculous bug.

...Is that randomized?
I NEED that in my life

yes sir!!! it's my fourth explosive ammo weapon ive found.

Found the same combat shotgun with that same exact modifier. Of *course* I need to rename it to Doom Bringer. With level 3 rifleman and level 3 Gun Nut mods that weapon just wreck the shit out of everything... can't wait to have Rifleman at maximum level for the maximum carnage.

That it is, that it is.

I modded mines up and this is the name I gave it.
taF1poA.png

Where do i find Jacob's password?

Currently at Med Tek looking for mcgready's son's cure. I swore i killed jacob at some random place 50 hrs ago

I came into this place for another quest and I was searching all over the place for this password(although the quest I was on had nothing to do with this terminal). and next thing I know, mccready talks to me about going to the hospital...........that we're already in..... so following the way point, when I got to the terminal, mccready said something and next thing I know, a sheet of paper appears on screen that says jacobs password. so at that point, I just used it on the terminal, and got into a new area of the hospital and thats where I found that lovely beast you see above.

And here I am, rocking the sniper rifle version of that legendary. Useless.
Just me and my bad luck in loots games. /shrug

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, so far I've come across at least 3 quest locations that are locked behind master hacking terminal.
Do I really need to level up my hacking perk?

I got a hunting rifle with explosive ammo. Dont use it though. I dont fucks with snipers. Not with this playthrough atleast.

It's the greatest gun in the game. It trivialized EVERYTHING, especially if you pyscho jet. You will literally tear everything apart, and if they didn't die in 3 blasts, every limb the have is crippled. That gun spoiled the FUCK out of me my first playthrough and I missnit terribly.

Yea I see, this thing is very power like the minigun. at least the shots are much more controllable than the minigun. I was killing myself more than the enemy was with the explosive minigun. I did damn near kill myself with the shotgun while shooting a zombie in melee range though. But if that was the explosive minigun, id be dead. so thats a lot better.

I have the .45 MG version of that aoe modifier.

It's good, but I can't use it when NPCs are around, it almost always aggros them eventually due to the splash damage. :D

I also got the submachine gun with explosive ammo. its the first weapon ive found with the explosive ammo. I gave it to piper and gave her the silver shroud get up and she was hella badass looking. But man, her shots were doing a lot of damage to me though. if she shot at an enemy near ne, id be taking quite a bit of damage, and shell damn near kill me if I got in her line of fire. So.......................I had to drop her ass, lol.

"You are running out of time to complete your objective for Abernathy Farm" the game says... before I even have an objective for them. Only after I went to the farm and wandered around some did someone mention needing help. This universe needs to hurry up and invent texting so I'm not expected to always be listening to Radio Freedom.

Raxus

Is the Brotherhood of Steel questline good?

Most of the main quest lines are pretty bad. Like "Son you blew up a town and I am disappointed but I still love you" bad.

BTW Platinum WOOOOOO. Fuck you Benevolent Leader. I am off to play Bloodborne. A game that is somehow much easier than you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just found out that God mode gives you unlimited resources to build. Thats so much easier than using player.additem itemid for each thing you need, and then again when you run out and then again when you go to a new settlement...fuck

I mean youre already cheating anyway by that point (well if youre doing it after finishing the game like me that is)

Raxus

THANK YOU
jesus man
Found it before but it didnt save.

Also again, is the molecular level where one must save if they wanna wipe out all endings on one file?

Mass Fusion is the point where you will start to make enemies. You can complete Old Guns for Minute Men and 50% of other faction quests before you must choose a side.

Mass Fusion is the point where you will start to make enemies. You can complete Old Guns for Minute Men and 50% of other faction quests before you must choose a side.

So, if i havnt seen that quest yet, I still can screw around a bit and I still have all endings open to me?

Oh Bethesda, your storytelling... lol (Story event in Goodneighbor spoilers):

So they say this scientist went to the glowing sea to hide from the institute, thinking they wouldn't follow him there because of all the radiation. Well the first thing I think is... um... why would synths not follow him there? I'm sure they're not affected by it. Go out and talk to Nick and sure enough he says exactly that offhandedly. He's not affected by synths. So... why the hell is a scientist hiding from a group that specializes in making synths in a place that synths can totally go to easily?

my best guess is because of the dangerous creatures that live in the glowing sea and not so much the radiation, especially since like you said,
nick comments about not being effected by radiation

Oh yes. The game warns you when you are about to make enemies of a particular faction.

Thanks.
Its just that i was told that
Who you have build the relay for you in molecular level will be the beginning of the end and that that choice already shuts out others. Im guessing i was misled? I had the minuteman do it and now im talking to shaun and plan to tell him to fuck off. Even at this point im good as far as getting all 4?

Raxus

Thanks.
Its just that i was told that
Who you have build the relay for you in molecular level will be the beginning of the end and that that choice already shuts out others. Im guessing i was misled? I had the minuteman do it and now im talking to shaun and plan to tell him to fuck off. Even at this point im good as far as getting all 4?

I am not 100% on this I am afraid but I know for a fact that
having the railroad build the device is the safest option since they want to rescue the synths from the institute. Doing this doesn't step on the toes of the Brotherhood, Minutemen or Railroad.

Tainted

I just did the USS Constitution quest. Holy. Shit. Can't stop laughing. That was too perfect.

I would have enjoyed that quest alot more if I had not encountered a bug which prevented me from entering the Corvega Plant...thereby bringing that quest to a grinding halt.

I ended up having to cheat with the console to continue on.

vocab

Can you beat the game by
having the railroad lead you to the institute?

I was wondering if you can skip the glowing sea lead.

Anyway, so far I've come across at least 3 quest locations that are locked behind master hacking terminal.
Do I really need to level up my hacking perk?

Can anyone confirm?
One of the location/quest is the brewing machine/robot one. I can't unlock it without master hacking.

If it is a quest there is ALWAYS a password lying somewhere in a chest or drawer or another computer to unlock the door.

That explains A LOT..
Such passwords are stored in some kind of cassette or something like that, right? I'm such a noob at noticing those tiny little things in this game. I even missed the intelligence bobblehead in Lexington when I was there for the first time. I guess I have to get a bigger TV or something.

Thanks!

vocab

That explains A LOT..
I'm such a noob at noticing those tiny little things in this game. I even missed the intelligence bobblehead in Lexington when I was there for the first time. I guess I have to get a bigger TV or something.

Thanks!

nah they are small as shit. There is this one area where there's a bobble head and a magazine right next to each other and both very easy to miss.

Yes more or less. Basically you need 16ish people as vendors while a few spares to farm food. So you need at least 18 people. Likely you will need 10 charisma to make it less of a massive headache it already is.

How do you command settlers. It always wants to trade for me.

Welp, I made it to Diamond City, did one side quest, and I completely ran out of healing stem packs. I'm thinking I should start a new character.

Any tips on how to get started? I feel super lost, and I can't seem to find a good way to make my character stronger.

sangreal

Welp, I made it to Diamond City, did one side quest, and I completely ran out of healing stem packs. I'm thinking I should start a new character.

Any tips on how to get started? I feel super lost, and I can't seem to find a good way to make my character stronger.

Getting lost you will just have to get used to until you spend enough time in the game. No need to start over if it's too hard. I found it difficult at first too and my problem was I was saving the power armor (don't.. Fusion cores are everywhere) but also invest in high damage close range weapons like shotguns for the early going

Unless you want to be an evil dude.

Noooo. The best you can do is become a sarcastic jackass.

The worst is the little mopey sadsack responses (the option to the right).

"We need to get this item."
"I bet it's impossible.... :("
"No it's not. Anyway here's the quest."

Thanks, Bethesda. Such depth. Such choice.

sangreal

Can anyone confirm?
One of the location/quest is the brewing machine/robot one. I can't unlock it without master hacking.
As mentioned there are sadly never quest objectives that require skill. Locks and terminals only ever offer loot or shortcuts. That said, your companions can also hack or lock pick some at master level

Raxus

Get Idiot Savant early. Invest into Gunsmith and Armorer early.

I like being sarcastic and an asshole against nerds though. The guy's voice acting is only amazing when he's mocking nerds, you can tell he was a jock in college.

"OOoooh maybe we should get secret decoder rings"

I fucking lol'd

Getting lost you will just have to get used to until you spend enough time in the game. No need to start over if it's too hard. I found it difficult at first too and my by problem was I was saving the power armor but also invest in high damage close range weapons like shotguns for the early going

I see. Most of my power armor broke after I got it. And I think the battery is out of juice. I guess I could try shotguns. I'm getting ganked a lot it feels like.

Get Idiot Savant early. Invest into Gunsmith and Armorer early.

Yeah, I guess I can try upgrading guns and armor. I was just rollin' with whatever I could find.

I have played the game for >30 hours. Only recently it started highlighting boxes which have junk i have tagged, swear to god it didn't do that before. Wonder how it fixed itself without any patches, Bethesda games are prime research material.

sangreal

I have played the game for >30 hours. Only recently it started highlighting boxes which have junk i have tagged, swear to god it didn't do that before. Wonder how it fixed itself without any patches, Bethesda games are prime research material.
It's the 2nd scavver or whatever perk

sangreal

I see. Most of my power armor broke after I got it. And I think the battery is out of juice. I guess I could try shotguns. I'm getting ganked a lot it feels like.

Yeah, I guess I can try upgrading guns and armor. I was just rollin' with whatever I could find.

You can easily repair the power armor and batteries are handed out often during mainland quests. I played the first 20 or so hours without power armor and died a lot but if you are getting frustrated it's definitely easy mode

Top Bottom