• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I've had even more fun with Fallout 4 once I've started the settlement obsession.... Red Rocket has quickly become my favourite, my latest addition is the
Drinking Buddy
, complete with a pelican inspired bar around him, as he's obviously the bartender in this situation...

I love this game, 100 hours in.... got another 100 in it easy until I need mods to reinvigorate it I reckon :).

So this happened to me twice today, restarting the game seemed to solve it. Is my GPU overheating/completely broken? I'm going to go to an electronics store tomorrow and get new thermal paste ASAP.

7p7XZWM.jpg

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Oh thank the Atom! I was able to successfully get through the Companion Quest for
MacCready
and get his Perk without running into any bugs or issues.

Tainted

Same here - I'm role playing, so running everywhere and fast travel is out - my own rules.

Ah man...well I used fast travel exclusively, and I ended up with around 85Hrs playtime, that is without doing any settlement stuff. Just a healthy dose of exploration and sidequests

Not using fast travel would easily double or triple your playtime. I dont think I would have the patience for that lol

Ah man...well I used fast travel exclusively, and I ended up with around 85Hrs playtime, that is without doing any settlement stuff. Just a healthy dose of exploration and sidequests

Not using fast travel would easily double or triple your playtime. I dont think I would have the patience for that lol

I fast travel sparingly, when I REALLY can't be bothered to walk all the way. I just roleplay that my character called in a Vertibird. Also, I notice that I've played this game for as long as my first Skyrim playthrough (83 HOURS), and I'm nowhere near done.

FYI, if your save file has the bug that causes it to crash on a lot of areas related to quests, download the beta update through steam and it solved all my issues. I was at a wall for a couple of days because my game kept crashing in the middle of a Railroad quest.

Before I go all out on equipping my settlers / companions. How important is this?

They'll use their default pipe pistols instead when the settlement is being attacked by raiders if you don't give them proper weapons, for example. Their armor rating is also basically nonexistent with their default clothing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This game is role playing heaven. Love it.

Unless you want to be an evil dude.

Noooo. The best you can do is become a sarcastic jackass.

I truly missed the days when we can blow up a city full of innocents just because some rich guy thinks of it as an eyesore and you want to have a nice apartment for that guy... and then proceed to kill all the inhabitants of that building because some ghoul want to live in it (or just kill the ghoul instead because fuck it I don't want a ghoul's stench staining my nice apartment)

In Fallout 4, what can you do? Just give sarcastic jerkass remarks and that's it. What a really great disappointment.

Before I go all out on equipping my settlers / companions. How important is this?

Eh, not really important imo, except maybe for the person you give a job as the Provisioner. Just put some turrets down and that'll be more than enough--and it raises up your defense rating too.

Companions eat ammo for any non-default gun you're giving them to equip--not really worth it IMO.

They'll use their default pipe pistols instead when the settlement is being attacked by raiders if you don't give them proper weapons, for example. Their armor rating is also basically nonexistent with their default clothing.

I'm only like 28 hours in, do settlements get raided often. So far I've only had to go deal with raiders near the villages.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm only like 28 hours in, do settlements get raided often. So far I've only had to go deal with raiders near the villages.
It feels like they only get raided if they have shit defense. For my primary settlement, I've always had super high defenses and I've never actually been called to defend it. I've noticed a couple minor incursions by some animals or a couple super mutants while I happen to be present, but that's it. I was only vaguely needed to help out one of those times. All the other settlements that I technically brought into the fold but don't care about, they're the ones that get attacked.

FStop7

Banned
It took a long time but I'm finally getting some traction. A 1 END character is pretty fragile on Survival, of course. But I got a couple of good guns to drop and modified the hell out of them. And Codsworth has saved my ass more than a few times. If he's not cutting fools limbs off with his saw he's at least running interference. He seems to consistently generate more threat than I do so the AI often ignores me while he's still up.

Edit - Oh and also, I finally encountered the bad PS4 framerate drops. In the Corvega plant. It gets really bad. I'm definitely going to switch to PC as soon as I can.

It took a long time but I'm finally getting some traction. A 1 END character is pretty fragile on Survival, of course. But I got a couple of good guns to drop and modified the hell out of them. And Codsworth has saved my ass more than a few times. If he's not cutting fools limbs off with his saw he's at least running interference. He seems to consistently generate more threat than I do so the AI often ignores me while he's still up.

Do you ever have to heal him? I've had to stim dog, nick and hancock a few times. Does he take a stimpack to heal?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whats the console command for the camera thing again, to take those cool aerial shots and shit?

Whats the console command for the camera thing again, to take those cool aerial shots and shit?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_console_commands

DeadEndThrills wrote up a nice little guide on building convincing looking homes in Fallout 4. It's for PC, mostly. Because mods and console.

All these nice mods are really wanting me to install them, but most of them are using a tool based on tessnip. That was notoriously bad because it cause save game corruption (it didn't write the plugins correctly). I have no idea if that ever got fixed, mostly because everyone switched to the official tools. Only a few more months until the geck is out, but that is so long to wait :(

FStop7

Banned
Do you ever have to heal him? I've had to stim dog, nick and hancock a few times. Does he take a stimpack to heal?

He revives after being out of combat for a while. I'm not sure if it's a matter of time or time+distance from nearby enemies. Like if they're camped out over his corpse he doesn't revive, but if the fight moves away then he pops back up. At least that's how it seems to work. But no, I've never used any consumables on him. I'm not even sure if there are any.

B_Bech

Alright guys, I decided to finally hop onto next gen to play this game. It's the perfect time with these delicious Black Friday bundles. My conundrum is this: XBox One or PS4? I literally have no idea which one to chose. I can't stand not playing this game any longer. I hear PS4 has some frame rate issues... How's the XBox One version?

Alright guys, I decided to finally hop onto next gen to play this game. It's the perfect time with these delicious Black Friday bundles. My conundrum is this: XBox One or PS4? I literally have no idea which one to chose. I can't stand not playing this game any longer. I hear PS4 has some frame rate issues... How's the XBox One version?

Supposedly the PS4 version is superior, according to Digital Foundry

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Found the same combat shotgun with that same exact modifier. Of *course* I need to rename it to Doom Bringer. With level 3 rifleman and level 3 Gun Nut mods that weapon just wreck the shit out of everything... can't wait to have Rifleman at maximum level for the maximum carnage.

That explosive shotgun is almost game breaking once modded and combined with perks.

That it is, that it is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got so many levels from building that im now getting pistol perks because I already maxed out the two rifle ones /shrug

was doing
mccready
(companion) personal quest and the protectron dropped this.

oNPBlWm.png

H5IaU0x.png

3596835-doomguysd.gif

And here I am, rocking the sniper rifle version of that legendary. Useless.
Just me and my bad luck in loots games. /shrug

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, so far I've come across at least 3 quest locations that are locked behind master hacking terminal.
Do I really need to level up my hacking perk?

How do I get the dog to permanently stay? I tell him to stay at home base but then the moment I fast travel he's right there by my side again.

ckohler

Question about the quests in Downtown Boston:

I made it to
Goodneighbor
tonight. Can I complete the quests there without having to
murder people
?

was doing
mccready
(companion) personal quest and the protectron dropped this.

oNPBlWm.png

H5IaU0x.png

3596835-doomguysd.gif

It's the greatest gun in the game. It trivialized EVERYTHING, especially if you pyscho jet. You will literally tear everything apart, and if they didn't die in 3 blasts, every limb the have is crippled. That gun spoiled the FUCK out of me my first playthrough and I missnit terribly.

Where do i find Jacob's password?

Currently at Med Tek looking for mcgready's son's cure. I swore i killed jacob at some random place 50 hrs ago

He has it on him. When you reach the terminal on the third floor that turns of the security, MacCreadys will talk and give it to you. Did you not bring him into that room?

Raxus

Question:

Do you need 10 Charisma for maximum allowable settlers in order to reach 100 happiness?

Yes more or less. Basically you need 16ish people as vendors while a few spares to farm food. So you need at least 18 people. Likely you will need 10 charisma to make it less of a massive headache it already is.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yes more or less. Basically you need 16ish people as vendors while a few spares to farm food. So you need at least 18 people. Likely you will need 10 charisma to make it less of a massive headache it already is.

Urghghghghghghghghgh such a pain the arse :(

TheBear

Pick up
MacCready. All scoped weapons gain 20% accuracy when you max out his relationship.

Or you can get the perk at level 8 of perception leveled up. The former is probably the less time consuming of the two.

You now know my pain :( I have literally been at this for hours.

Sorry which perk should I level up?
Are hunting rifles with a scope any different to sniper rifles?

Jintor

It feels like they only get raided if they have shit defense. For my primary settlement, I've always had super high defenses and I've never actually been called to defend it. I've noticed a couple minor incursions by some animals or a couple super mutants while I happen to be present, but that's it. I was only vaguely needed to help out one of those times. All the other settlements that I technically brought into the fold but don't care about, they're the ones that get attacked.

man what a dumb system. What's the point of me creating an elaborate series of walls and traps if nobody's going to bother running into them (or spawn inside the fucking walls, come on)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You now know my pain :( I have literally been at this for hours.

I am not really in the mood for leveling up 4 times just to put 4 points in Charisma. I am already miffed as it is being forced to have 6 in Charisma for Local Leader, hahah.

Put on some charisma hats and pop some pills then just move settlers from other settlements.

Wait... temporary stat boost can override settlers' charisma limitation...??? And they will continue to stay even when your charisma reverts back to normal???
Sorry which perk should I level up?
Are hunting rifles with a scope any different to sniper rifles?

There are no dedicated sniper rifle in this game. All of them are basically rifle fitted with scopes.

All rifle weapons where you need to push a button per one shot falls under Rifleman: shotguns, laser rifles, etc etc.

Top Bottom