• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

BLunted

Banned
Welp, I made it to Diamond City, did one side quest, and I completely ran out of healing stem packs. I'm thinking I should start a new character.

Any tips on how to get started? I feel super lost, and I can't seem to find a good way to make my character stronger.

Are you cooking all the meat you come across? I seem to only use stimpaks to heal damaged limbs.

Raxus

I really can't emphasize enough that every build should have idiot savant in some form. That perk is bananas.

b-a-n-a-n-a-s.

How do I cure mireluk disease?
I recovered the cure from
the vault 81 but I gave it to the doctor to cure Kenny back then, but I've just realized that I'm also infected by it.

Aces&Eights

Are you cooking all the meat you come across? I seem to only use stimpaks to heal damaged limbs.

I stole everything in that city and that included quite a few stimpaks. I'm on survival and they are not hard to come by if you explore around. Got about 58 of them and 76 radaways.

Ohh that makes sense. It wasn't mentioned in the perk description.

When on the perk chart you can highlight a perk then use R1 to scroll over and see what the next parts are in the tiered perk.

Why is it everytime I came to red robin settlement, I see like five settlers and codsworth standing in the same position by the backdoor of the garage like idiots ?

I used to eat more food. But then with my high luck I found stimpacks like everywhere I find more stimpacks than I use, I have like 300+ now. So now I carry food just in case, but still never use it.

Raxus

How do I cure mireluk disease?
I recovered the cure from
the vault 81 but I gave it to the doctor to cure Kenny back then, but I've just realized that I'm also infected by it.

badnewsbarrett-1426029975.png

Raxus

I honestly had no idea you could do that. I've never played fallout before. Do I just need to find a fire or something?

Cooking stations. You can craft one easy at any settlement, they are all over the wasteland, and usually settlements have them already built in. Closest one being
Abernathy Farm
early on.

adamy

Banned
finally been able to put some hours into this game. having a blast but i was wondering about 2 things:

are companions bad for stealth builds? does your companion negatively effect your ability to stealth and remain hidden from enemies?

was also wondering whether all the junk you dump at work stations is shared at every work station in the game or whether each location only has whatever you dropped off there

thanks!

edit: just read this post and was wondering whether you can target specific limbs in this game like previous fallouts?

Aces&Eights

Cooking stations. You can craft one easy at any settlement, they are all over the wasteland, and usually settlements have them already built in. Closest one being
Abernathy Farm
early on.

There actually one at sanctuary, too. Down like you're heading to the bridge and it's just outside the house on the left. That's my go to station for when I'm back for junk dumping and making sure my partners are behaving.

finally been able to put some hours into this game. having a blast but i was wondering about 2 things:

are companions bad for stealth builds? does your companion negatively effect your ability to stealth and remain hidden from enemies?

was also wondering whether all the junk you dump at work stations is shared at every work station in the game or whether each location only has whatever you dropped off there

thanks!

edit: just read this post and was wondering whether you can target specific limbs in this game like previous fallouts?

Companion will make a shit ton of noise if they see an enemy. You can tell them to constantly wait but that's a pain to do every 30 feet. If you do not care about their perks, I'd go lone wanderer. You get good damage resistance and better attack. Junk dropped off stays there unless you assign someone to go between settlements and that requires local leader perk +2. It's s charisma trait.

Recall

So Charisma is essential for the main quests and settlement stuff?

I feel so squishy and I have no desire to use Power Armour

Raxus

thanks!

1) Yes and no. They can draw aggro when you don't want it but you can still score a stealth attack usually. You can also order them to stay behind until you need them.

2) It is only useable in that area EXCEPT if you have Local Leader 2. Then you can start building supply lines and if that supply line connects to your main stash OR a stash that connects to a site that connects to the stash then you instantly have access to all your items.

3) yes you can. VATS can target limbs to cripple enemies and gain advantages in battle.

Trace

Banned

If you feel squishy, use power armor. Stuff is OP as hell and mid-lategame you can stay in it indefinitely.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've been neglecting the Drive In settlement but wow what a great place to build a town. This might be the first time I use a mod to increase the limit on building because there's so much room and I haven't filled hardly any of it up.

bati

I have played the game for >30 hours. Only recently it started highlighting boxes which have junk i have tagged, swear to god it didn't do that before. Wonder how it fixed itself without any patches, Bethesda games are prime research material.

Afaik this is the effect from Scrapper rank 2.

Raxus

Nope, you can use meds and items to pass crucial charisma checks but you can get your character established early and then put points into charisma when you feel things aren't such a burden.

WaterAstro

Anyone know how to get the Minutemen ending?

I think my game is bugged because Preston Garvey won't join me as a companion anymore. Just wouldn't give me the dialogue to have him follow me.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anyone know how to get the Minutemen ending?

I think my game is bugged because Preston Garvey won't join me as a companion anymore. Just wouldn't give me the dialogue to have him follow me.

It's a bug triggered because you finished the Castle retake mission before the Brotherhood arrives.

Happened to me as well :( I don't use him much so I don't really care but damn it it's so annoying regardless.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Does that prevent me from getting the Minuteman ending?

I am sorry, I honestly don't have an answer to that.

Edit: looking around it seems like the requirement to get that ending is just to finish 8 settlement quests, so I *think* Preston availability as a companion isn't necessarily required since he gave you the quests regardless of him accompanying you or not.

I didnt do the castle mission before the bros arrived and i also cant get preston to do anything but give me stupid settlement quests

Haha this game... :(

The Wikia stated that was the reason though, so I am not sure what happened to your game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I didnt do the castle mission before the bros arrived and i also cant get preston to do anything but give me stupid settlement quests

WaterAstro

Well, I looked up all the endings since the game story is pretty lackluster even after I done a bunch of stuff for all the factions...

Honestly, they're all shit. Minutemen offer the least evil choice so I'm trying to see that.

This is why I hate the new Fallout's. They just offer very little choices in gameplay compared to Fallout 2. I wish I could just talk it out with everyone and have some sort of neutral ending.

Like when Father sends me on a mission saying one of the Rogue Synths the Railroad freed is the Raider leader, why couldn't I go to the Railroad and tell them they need to do a better job or rethink their position?

SirNinja

It's not essential per se, but it definitely helps to have it. If you have 6 Charisma you can get a perk which lets you run supply lines between settlements, linking their material inventories together. Very very big help for building.

As far as main quests go, there's quite a few persuasion checks, several of which are very useful to get right.

Really? None at all? Because Power Armor will take care of that "feeling squishy" problem pretty quickly.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have to take off my power armor occasionally for a quest or two just to feel like a human again. Power armor is kind of dumbly overpowered.

v1ncelis

Yes more or less. Basically you need 16ish people as vendors while a few spares to farm food. So you need at least 18 people. Likely you will need 10 charisma to make it less of a massive headache it already is.
I had 17 people in my settlement, 12 of which were vendors. That was enough to reach 100.

Lanrutcon

So, 35hrs in, and outside of the first Deathclaw battle, I haven't used power armour.

Am I mad?

Power Armor is a tool, not a necessity. The idea is not to wear it 14/7, but to bring it out of storage when you need to go into a serious fight.

Like Quincy. That place has an army.

So, 35hrs in, and outside of the first Deathclaw battle, I haven't used power armour.

Am I mad?

I'm about the same amount of time in as you and i've not used power armour at all, I don't really like being in it to be honest, I've fought 3 Deathclaws outside of the story one at the start and managed to survive with various run, scream and shoot tactics!

Ulysses 31

I'm almost lvl 50 and I've only used the power armor once vs Slag. The game is already too easy for the most part at this point for me on Survivalist.

CloudWolf

Am I mad?

No, power armor is silly in this game.

I also haven't used it outside of the first battle, haven't needed it. Though right now I can't even use my best power armor if I wanted to since I have no idea where it is. Some settlers in Sanctuary decided to use it and I have no idea where they left it.

Nope, me either, wonder why that is?, IDK, just feels a little cheap to me, it's not like fusion cores are in short supply either, so you could probably use it most of the time if you were that way inclined.
The fusion core shit is so clearly just designed so that lvl 1 characters don't constantly run around in power armor. It's completely trivial later on in the game. I mean, I have around 50 fusion cores without even actively looking for them and only you use them. AI characters don't need fusion cores and you don't even use up fusion cores when fast travelling.

Lanrutcon

Is there a list of what guns are affected by the rifleman perk? Are energy weapons included?

The weapon classification is bonkers.

They classify weapons as: heavy, explosive, automatic, single shot and pistol. Which is dumb. Heavy signifies weapon weight/size, automatic and single shot signify firing rate, explosive signifies ordinance type and pistol actually signifies a type of firearm. So 5 classifications across 4 different criteria.

So the answer is: use the wiki, because Bethesda are stupid.

danowat

Banned
The weapon classification is bonkers.

They classify weapons as: heavy, explosive, automatic, single shot and pistol. Which is dumb. Heavy signifies weapon weight/size, automatic and single shot signify firing rate, explosive signifies ordinance type and pistol actually signifies a type of firearm. So 5 classifications across 4 different criteria.

So the answer is: use the wiki, because Bethesda are stupid.

Just to clarify for my personal interest.

Non-automatic means single shot, press trigger multiple times

Automatic means continuous shot, hold trigger down.

So effectively a single rifle weapon can straddle both perk groups (Rifleman and Autos) with use of mods?

Also, pistols now straddle two perks, Gunslinger for single shot pistols and Commando for autos and the Commando perk straddles both pistols AND rifles.

Not sure how they could have made it more complicated......

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
is there a good food to plant in a settlement? right now I've planted Mutfruit which gets 1 food resource, which means every settler is having to tend to plants.

Top Bottom