• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Considering you cant put armor over it I would ditch it in favor of a full set of piece by piece fully upgraded armor.
I'm at level 30 and have stuck with the Vaultsuit + leg, armor, chest pieces and helmet. I put points into Armorer perk, allowing me to upgrade the Vaultsuit and each armor piece individually, which is giving me far better defense than a single suit of armor (so far). That's my suggestion (so long as you can craft the various leather/metal pieces into better things as you progress).

what yall combat stats looking like???

EAVmXl8.png

Do the Pillars of the Community actually have a quest? I burned my bridges there during the Cabot House quest so now I can't do it.

I met them randomly and the leader glitched into the wall, ruining the conversation. When I left, he ordered his goons to kill me for leaving.

Never change, Bethesda.

LogicStep

So why is my farm in Sanctuary not producing anything? I sleep for 24 hours and there is nothing to harvest. I'm trying to get materials for vegetable starch. Another question, is there a way to make one settlement my main one so that all settlers go there?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just finished
Tradecraft
am I at the point of no return?

No.

The game will make it pretty close to obvious when you are at the point of no return.

It will warn you when an action of yours will turn another faction hostile.

Just pay attention and reload if you aren't ready and make multiple saves.

Here is a perfect non-spoilerish quest guide on the BEST way to maximize everything in one playthrough before you reach the point of no return with several factions.
Quest Order

[Main Quest] War Never Changes
[Main Quest] Out of Time
[Minutemen Quest] When Freedom Calls
[Minutemen Quest] Sanctuary
[Minutemen Quest] The Sight
[Minutemen Quest] Taking Independence
[Minutemen Quest] Old Guns
This is the last Minutemen quest you need to do for trophies
[Main Quest] Jewel of the Commonwealth
[Main Quest] Unlikely Valentine
[Main Quest] Getting a Clue
[Main Quest] Reunions
[Main Quest] Dangerous Minds
[Main Quest] Shattered
[Main Quest] The Glowing Sea
[Main Quest] Hunter/Hunted
[Main Quest] The Molecular Level
Halfway through this quest you need to go off and meet the Railroad - CHOOSE WHOEVER
[Railroad Quest] Road to Freedom
[Railroad Quest] Tradecraft
[Main Quest] Institutionalized
[Institute Quest] Synth Retention
[Institute Quest] The Battle of Bunker Hill
[Institute Quest] Mankind Redefined
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Reveille
Tune into Military Frequency AF95 and go to the Cambridge Police Station map marker. Alternatively, the BoS's Airship will arrive after completing the
main story quest "Getting a Clue". You can go to the Airport and talk to the BoS there and they'll tell you to go to Cambridge Police Station to assist them.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Fire Support
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Call to Arms
You will join the Brotherhood of Steel after returning to Paladin Dance at the end of this quest.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Semper Invicta
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Shadow of Steel
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Tour of Duty
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Show No Mercy
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] From Within
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Outside the Wire
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Liberty Reprimed
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Blind Betrayal

SAVE 1

[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Tactical Thinking
Talking to Lancer-Captain Kells will cause the Railroad to turn hostile. This is ok, as we made Save #2 earlier.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Spoils of War
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Ad Victoriam
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest][Ending #2] The Nuclear Option (Brotherhood of Steel)

RELOAD SAVE 1

[Institute Quest]Mass Fusion
Relaying to Mass Fusion will make you a permanent enemy of the Brotherhood of Steel.
[Institute Quest][IMPORTANT] Pinned
Minutemen will be here during this quest if you have been following this roadmap. Do NOT kill any of the Institute, or help the Minutemen with their assault.
You can either:
A) Go into the building you are supposed to go in. Just sit and wait for the Institute to kill all the Minutemen.
B) Persuade the Minutemen to stand down.
[Railroad Quest] Underground Undercover - Part 1
Complete up until the part "Continue Working with Father"
[Institute Quest] Powering Up
A Synth will come up to you after the meeting and allow you to continue "Underground Undercover". Make sure to speak to the Synth when he comes
up to you.

SAVE 2

[Institute Quest]End of the Line
You will have to kill Railroad members during this quest.
[Institute Quest] Airship Down
[Institute Quest][Ending #1] Nuclear Family

RELOAD SAVE 2

[Railroad Quest]Underground Undercover - Part 2
[Railroad Quest]Operation Ticonderoga
[Railroad Quest]Precipice of War
[Railroad Quest]Rockets' Red Glare

FYI, it doesn't have to be done in this exact order. I did many of the brotherhood quests VERY early in the game. Same for Minutemen and Railroad. Its just that all factions will be unable to progress further until you are at the quest where you are forced to build a device. That quest is called The Molecular Level, that is where the game starts to diverse, but you can pretty much do anything you want prior to that.

So why is my farm in Sanctuary not producing anything? I sleep for 24 hours and there is nothing to harvest. I'm trying to get materials for vegetable starch. Another question, is there a way to make one settlement my main one so that all settlers go there?

you can make one your main one, as in, "in my mind, this is my main settlement," but you can't technically have them all go there.

the max you can have is 10+your charisma level. this includes you boosting your charisma with drug or gear bonuses. if ur charisma was 5, and you had 15 people at sanctuary because of it (10 + your charisma at 5) and you boosted it over 3 with drugs/gear making it 8 charisma, during that time before it wears off, u can send 3 more people to that town.

God i wish they would release a patch that allows us to scrap for wood and steel anywhere

GhaleonEB

yyyeeeeeaaa.....................................no
giphy.gif

My favorite moment in the game so far involved one of them. I was only level 6 or so, and it came out of a gas station or some small building at night. I was running for the hills (literally) with lasers landing left and right when I ran into a pack of super mutants, complete with a suicider running straight at me. I turn and jump off the road side, then up over another hill, and hide.

A moment later the entire far side of the hill lights up with enormous explosions. It was like that scene in Spielberg's War of the Worlds when Tom Cruises' dipshit son runs over the hill to look at the battle and then the far side just erupts in flames. After a few minutes of calm I head over the hill and find the wildly burning carcass of the legendary bot. I think he met the super mutant suicider.

Here's a question, do critical strikes have a chance at all of occurring during normal gunplay? Or am I screwing myself over by hardly using VATS and so never building up critical meter?

So, in the default set up there's a wire coming over to a connector. What do I need to put down to power a light on the ceiling of the other room? When I extend the wire from that connector to the other light, it does not work. And when I extend the wire to another connector on the wall next to the light, then to the light, it does not work. I feel there's something fundamental I'm missing.

(The tutorial linked above was way over my head, sorry. I just want a light bulb to turn on.)

Dunno if this helps you, but I remember having similar problems when trying to wire up lights in one of my Sanctuary houses. I'd place a wired connector right next to a light I'd already placed, and no dice.

Turns out the game glitches sometimes if you place the connector and wire it up AFTER you've placed the light. Try picking up and re-placing the light. It can be exactly where you left it, you just need to interact with it in workshop mode. Maybe that will fix your issue?

Faenix1

No.

The game will make it pretty close to obvious when you are at the point of no return.

It will warn you when an action of yours will turn another faction hostile.

Just pay attention and reload if you aren't ready and make multiple saves.

Here is a perfect non-spoilerish quest guide on the BEST way to maximize everything in one playthrough before you reach the point of no return with several factions.
Quest Order

[Main Quest] War Never Changes
[Main Quest] Out of Time
[Minutemen Quest] When Freedom Calls
[Minutemen Quest] Sanctuary
[Minutemen Quest] The Sight
[Minutemen Quest] Taking Independence
[Minutemen Quest] Old Guns
This is the last Minutemen quest you need to do for trophies
[Main Quest] Unlikely Valentine
[Main Quest] Getting a Clue
[Main Quest] Reunions
[Main Quest] Dangerous Minds
[Main Quest] Shattered
[Main Quest] The Glowing Sea
[Main Quest] Hunter/Hunted
Halfway through this quest you need to go off and meet the Railroad - CHOOSE WHOEVER
[Railroad Quest] Road to Freedom
[Railroad Quest] Tradecraft
[Main Quest] Institutionalized
[Institute Quest] Synth Retention
[Institute Quest] The Battle of Bunker Hill
[Institute Quest] Mankind Redefined
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Reveille
Tune into Military Frequency AF95 and go to the Cambridge Police Station map marker. Alternatively, the BoS's Airship will arrive after completing the
main story quest "Getting a Clue". You can go to the Airport and talk to the BoS there and they'll tell you to go to Cambridge Police Station to assist them.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Fire Support
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Call to Arms
You will join the Brotherhood of Steel after returning to Paladin Dance at the end of this quest.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Semper Invicta
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Shadow of Steel
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Tour of Duty
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Show No Mercy
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] From Within
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Outside the Wire
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Liberty Reprimed
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Blind Betrayal

SAVE 1

[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Tactical Thinking
Talking to Lancer-Captain Kells will cause the Railroad to turn hostile. This is ok, as we made Save #2 earlier.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Spoils of War
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Ad Victoriam
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest][Ending #2] The Nuclear Option (Brotherhood of Steel)

RELOAD SAVE 1

[Institute Quest]Mass Fusion
Relaying to Mass Fusion will make you a permanent enemy of the Brotherhood of Steel.
[Institute Quest][IMPORTANT] Pinned
Minutemen will be here during this quest if you have been following this roadmap. Do NOT kill any of the Institute, or help the Minutemen with their assault.
You can either:
A) Go into the building you are supposed to go in. Just sit and wait for the Institute to kill all the Minutemen.
B) Persuade the Minutemen to stand down.
[Railroad Quest] Underground Undercover - Part 1
Complete up until the part "Continue Working with Father"
[Institute Quest] Powering Up
A Synth will come up to you after the meeting and allow you to continue "Underground Undercover". Make sure to speak to the Synth when he comes
up to you.

SAVE 2

[Institute Quest]End of the Line
You will have to kill Railroad members during this quest.
[Institute Quest] Airship Down
[Institute Quest][Ending #1] Nuclear Family

RELOAD SAVE 2

[Railroad Quest]Underground Undercover - Part 2
[Railroad Quest]Operation Ticonderoga
[Railroad Quest]Precipice of War
[Railroad Quest]Rockets' Red Glare

FYI, it doesn't have to be done in this exact order. I did many of the brotherhood quests VERY early in the game. Same for Minutemen and Railroad. Its just that all factions will be unable to progress further until you are at the quest where you are forced to build a device. That quest is called The Molecular Level, that is where the game starts to diverse, but you can pretty much do anything you want prior to that.

so I'm at
if I go off and join all teh factions now eventually I will get to a point they will stop giving me quests until I get the main quest up to
?

WAY later edit: Just realized that's what you more or less said. I should learn to read completely, though to be fair I don't know missions. I'm sorry I'm an idiot. lol

Hollycat

I just used my explosive shotgun to shoot both the legs off a legendary deathlclaw matriarch. it feebly scratched at the ground till I put it out of its misery.

This game is awesome.

JustinBB7

Quick question, I'm late game now and wondering something:

I got some nuclear thing from the mass fusion center, I'm full brotherhood mode, but I got the mission to talk to Preston, who then gave me more stuff to do as usual. Is that pointless if I'm full brotherhood? Or can I do both his missions and brotherhood missions before I fight the final institute fight?

Anyone else think the 200 years after the war setting doesn't make sense? :p Everything looks like it would be 50-60 years after the war at most. Logically nothing like the terminals and machinery would be in working condition after all that time without any maintenance. This is kind of the problem I have with FO3/NV/FO4, civilization doesn't seem to have developed past living in the wrecked buildings. NV was better because at least they rebuilt a bunch of stuff, but apparently people in the wasteland are OK with living in houses with trash everywhere on the floor :p

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm in desperate need of decent armor. The best I've run into so far is using the Minutemen outfit with some random helmet.
I've literally rolled the same armor from level 13 to 39...love the look of it so just fully upgraded it with deep pockets so it's still totally viable (2x+2 Luck Leather arms, +1Str+1End Leather leg, +1Agl+1Per Leather leg +1Per Military cap and +1Per Welding Goggles).

Topped off with a few changing under garments over the levels, but me and Piper both are rocking the BoS uniform now, suits our weird vibe :). Both in same looking armor, I call us the Wasteland SpecOps.

My advice, wait till you find some thing you like the look of and upgrade it and adventure. Playing on Hard too and not encountering too many probs even with seemingly under leveled armor.

N° 2048

I've literally rolled the same armor from level 13 to 39...love the look of it so just fully upgraded it with deep pockets so it's still totally viable (2x+2 Luck Leather arms, +1Str+1End Leather leg, +1Agl+1Per Leather leg +1Per Military cap and +1Per Welding Goggles).

Topped off with a few changing under garments over the levels, but me and Piper both are rocking the BoS uniform now, suits our weird vibe :). Both in same looking armor, I call us the Wasteland SpecOps.

Yea modding makes weapons/armor interesting. I've kept the same handful of gear but am modding more and more as my modding perks rank up. So no need to look for weapons/armor unless I see something I really like.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I feel paralyzed by the diverging factions, not knowing who I want to commit to, and possibly having to deal with all the save shenanigans in order to do everything and/or return to better path.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else think the 200 years after the war setting doesn't make sense? :p Everything looks like it would be 50-60 years after the war at most. Logically nothing like the terminals and machinery would be in working condition after all that time without any maintenance. This is kind of the problem I have with FO3/NV/FO4, civilization doesn't seem to have developed past living in the wrecked buildings. NV was better because at least they rebuilt a bunch of stuff, but apparently people in the wasteland are OK with living in houses with trash everywhere on the floor :p

It's always confusing me as well. I feel like nothing makes sense if you think of it as 200 years later. I swear when fighting the 50s mobster faction I overheard them talking about what they used to do before the bombs dropped as well. No one but you was frozen right? Makes no sense. Can someone explain the setting to me? I feel like they added the 200 years later thing late in development and didn't go back and make it make sense.

Disxo

85 hours in and still not using a helmet or eyewear, geez, my character needs to show her pretty face always
. (Been doing this through all the games of the saga)

But really,its making things quite difficult for me haha.

torontoml

I'm level 22 right and have yet to get a legendary weapon that is more effective than the upgraded weapons I already own. I'm playing on normal right now, if I bump it up to hard will I run into more legendary enemies giving me a chance at better weapons?

Disxo

It's always confusing me as well. I feel like nothing makes sense if you think of it as 200 years later. I swear when fighting the 50s mobster faction I overheard them talking about what they used to do before the bombs dropped as well. No one but you was frozen right? Makes no sense. Can someone explain the setting to me? I feel like they added the 200 years later thing late in development and didn't go back and make it make sense.
Most ghouls are from pre war.
T
hats something youll see for yourself later.

I suck at creating characters so I just used the default guy. Fortunately he's a pretty good looking individual so I don't mind it much - I'll admit I got a little attached to the default after watching and re-watching the E3 reveal so many times.

I bought it, yep. Ok, thanks that's simple enough. That doesn't feel like it would do anything, IMO. So much of this isn't clearly laid out.

Biggest issue with this game for me easily is nothing is explained. Took me ages to discover you can sit in a chair to use wait instead of having to travel back to Sanctuary any time the shops close up.

Top Bottom