• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I'm level 22 right and have yet to get a legendary weapon that is more effective than the upgraded weapons I already own. I'm playing on normal right now, if I bump it up to hard will I run into more legendary enemies giving me a chance at better weapons?

Yup. The higher the difficulty, the more legendaries that spawn. Sometimes, more than one legendary would be in a fight in the higher than normal difficulties so make sure you can deal with that. The spawn rate doubles, triples, and quadruples the higher you go in difficulty. At survival, your pretty much gonna get a legendary when you encounter a group of enemies.

If your on pc theres a mod that lets you customize how often they spawn. You can set it to 16,000x normal spawn rate if you want.

Oppo

a thousand caps to the man or woman who makes a mod that gives us MGS V base management menus for Fallout 4 settlements

a thousand more for an orthogonal settlement view

TheRed

Biggest issue with this game for me easily is nothing is explained. Took me ages to discover you can sit in a chair to use wait instead of having to travel back to Sanctuary any time the shops close up.
There actually is a ton of information in the in game help menu, that's what I checked to see if waiting was in the game and sure enough it had what I was looking for.

fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
xrZGAVU.png

JustinBB7

Just finished it, might be some side quests that I missed, but not many. Will double check that later, will run through all locations I missed and collect all bobbleheads I missed too, but will take it slow. Think I ended at around level 59.

As for the ending:

I went full Brotherhood, and killed all synths including Danse and fake Shaun. They're just robots in the end. That giant robot nuking the shit out of everything was super funny, but then you don't even use him besides the way there, that kinda sucked. But he doesn't fit inside so ok I guess. Seems there's only repetitive missions left now, so don't see the point of that. Will lookup/youtube some other endings tomorrow.

I went full Brotherhood, and killed all synths including Danse and fake Shaun. They're just robots in the end. That giant robot nuking the shit out of everything was super funny, but then you don't even use him besides the way there, that kinda sucked. But he doesn't fit inside so ok I guess. Seems there's only repetitive missions left now, so don't see the point of that. Will lookup/youtube some other endings tomorrow.

I did the same,
went full brotherhood and even killed danse. But I didnt kill fake shaun, I just left em there and then, the brotherhood members was like wow, your a dick, and i was like, yo hes a synth, and they were like, ooohhhhhh, ok, my bad, lol.

My favorite mission in the main story line
for the brotherhood was going into the railroad headquarters with my power armor on and my minigun and just blasting the living shit outta anything that moved. I didnt hide or anything I just stood at the doorway and slowly walked forward towards the back while holding down that trigger and unloading on all them fools.

I love this game, the combat is so fucking satisfying and the power armor..........oh my goodness lord have mercy THE POWER ARMOR! Leaps and bounds ahead of anything they've done in the past.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Someone please tell me there is a fighting arena in this we can participate in.
There is a fighting arena. Dunno if you can actually participate in it though.

The Combat Zone, where you find the companion Cait, is a cage-fighting area and full of Raiders, but they all attacked me as soon as I got near them.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
so I'm at
[Main Quest] Jewel of the Commonwealth
if I go off and join all teh factions now eventually I will get to a point they will stop giving me quests until I get the main quest up to
[Main Quest] The Molecular Level
?

(Not sure if it's possible to talk to them all pre-that quest. I'm an EXP junky and want as much as possible in my main save. Far too many perks I want to try and get. - STR, Agi, and Luck seem to have the "best" perks.)

That is absolutely correct. They will still give you the repeatable radiant quests, but they will stop giving storyline quests.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
When you build shops in your settlements and it says they make income based on the population, where does that income go?
They drop it into your workshop.

TEH-CJ

Banned
There is a fighting arena. Dunno if you can actually participate in it though.

The Combat Zone, where you find the companion Cait, is a cage-fighting area and full of Raiders, but they all attacked me as soon as I got near them.

Just got to the same section. Same thing happened to me :(

GavinUK86

So... does
Deacon
change his outfit everytime you fast travel somewhere? lol.

And just got the
Gauss Rifle
. Holeeeee shit it's good!

GhaleonEB

Just put a connector on the wall with the light, you don't manually need to wire every bulb.

And none of the factions have a 'borderline'. There's no reasoning with any of them. They're all murderous, potentially genocidal douchebags.

So, this is the setup, after clearing out the clutter on the ground. I'm trying to get a light working in the room to the left.

CU3jDcwUAAAf3MA.jpg

This continues along to the left, where you can see a receiver on the wall, and a light on the ceiling. I want the light to work, but any wiring I extend to the other receiver from the other one is red and won't work.

CU3jMe9UsAAdP8u.jpg

How do I make that light turn on?

Maybesew

Will the diamond City security eventually stop trying ot shoot me? I sat down at the doctor's computer terminal, and next thing I know her assistant is shooting at me with her shotgun. Then the entire security force was. I ran out of town, checked my saves and all of the auto saves were me running away from security as I zoned out multiple times, and the quick save was hours ago.

Justified

Will the diamond City security eventually stop trying ot shoot me? I sat down at the doctor's computer terminal, and next thing I know her assistant is shooting at me with her shotgun. Then the entire security force was. I ran out of town, checked my saves and all of the auto saves were me running away from security as I zoned out multiple times, and the quick save was hours ago.

Sleep somewhere for 48hrs

Spyware

This continues along to the left, where you can see a receiver on the wall, and a light on the ceiling. I want the light to work, but any wiring I extend to the other receiver from the other one is red and won't work.

Is the door frame (or whatever that is on the wall that makes it look uneven) in the way for the wire? It can't hit any part of the wall.

GhaleonEB

I'm pretty sure you just need a wall connector near the light to the left then attach a wire from that wall connector to the one to the right in the picture.

I have one there but I couldn't get a wire to work near it.

Is the door frame (or whatever that is on the wall that makes it look uneven) in the way for the wire? It can't hit any part of the wall.

That turned out to be the problem. It was clipping slighly due to the protruding outcropping on the corner. I put a connector that points down on the low part of the ceiling to swing it out, then back over to the wall, and it worked. Thanks for the help.

I mean, it looks awful with this big cable sagging in the middle of the room, but it's at least lit now. Progress!

One more perk and I can build crafting stations in there. The perk tree is kind of a mess - it makes no sense that I have to have high charisma and Local Leader perk to build crafting stations in my house. I live alone, but still had to burn five levels of points into charisma and local leader to craft. :\

Bio-Frost

So, this is the setup, after clearing out the clutter on the ground. I'm trying to get a light working in the room to the left.

CU3jDcwUAAAf3MA.jpg

CU3jMe9UsAAdP8u.jpg

My fiancee has a glitch in her save that won t let her turn on or off some lights. She can place a light and it turns on and once she hits off it never comes back on again. Same with the TV. I think something about the house might be bugged.

Faenix1

The game outright needs a power line tutorial. Everything else building-wise has some kind of mini-tutorial but with power lines you are left to figure it out. (Which I have yet to do so though I haven't looked it up yet either)

That is absolutely correct. They will still give you the repeatable radiant quests, but they will stop giving storyline quests.

Alright, thanks.
Guess I'll stop avoiding Main/Faction quests and just avoid the Main Quests. Too many perks in this game I want it's hard to eliminate some.

Zekes!

I started doing the Brotherhood of Steel missions after having already done all of the Minutemen and Railroad quests, and as soon I met their leader I ended up killing him and stealing his jacket because I didn't like their attitude.

Now I just got to the (story spoilers)
Institute and met my son, which is what I was expecting.

Hahs

A synth attacked my base earlier and one of my settlers (a provisioner) jumped into my power armor to defend it... I thought it was great, until she took off with it!
just a heads up - you should remove your cores when the armor isn't in use.

I did this and commanded Preston to enter - which he did which leads me to believe that NPC's carry their own cores - even settlers.

I'm sure this won't alleviate an NPC from running off with your armor, but at least they're not wasting your cores.

psylah

just a heads up - you should remove your cores when the armor isn't in use.

I did this and commanded Preston to enter - which he did which leads me to believe that NPC's carry their own cores - even settlers.

I'm sure this won't alleviate an NPC from running off with your armor, but at least they're not wasting your cores.

God help anyone who attempts to attack my Sanctuary. I have about 20 suits sitting out. I leave cores in the "stolen" raider ones.

Faenix1

God help anyone who attempts to attack my Sanctuary. I have about 20 suits sitting out. I leave cores in the "stolen" raider ones.

I don't have as many, yet, but santuary is like my PA museum and has turrets almost EVERYWHERE.

I say good luck. lol

N° 2048

My fiancee has a glitch in her save that won t let her turn on or off some lights. She can place a light and it turns on and once she hits off it never comes back on again. Same with the TV. I think something about the house might be bugged.

I have this bug to. To fix light bulbs that won't turn on again I store them by selecting them in build mode then hitting Circle (on PS4). Then place them again and they turn on.

Hastati

Oh god Dunwich Borers scared that crap out of me, I wasn't ready for that shit in my routine raider sweep lol. Wowwwwww.
I loved the narrative in the terminal and the weird flashbacks, also the reward unique is crazy awesome and reminds me a lot of a certain familiar demon lord...

This game could be a fantastic horror game.

Oh god Dunwich Borers scared that crap out of me, I wasn't ready for that shit in my routine raider sweep lol. Wowwwwww.
I loved the narrative in the terminal and the weird flashbacks, also the reward unique is crazy awesome and reminds me a lot of a certain familiar demon lord...

This game could be a fantastic horror game.
Yeah. That's where I learned to shoot every Feral Ghoul I see when they're lying on the ground, dead or not. In fact VATS should show which ones are alive before thay get up and attack. Won't help those that appear from behind rubble or from holes in walls. Fuckers.
Only other place I found really unnerving was traversing the Glowing Sea. Low visibility and death lurking everywhere. Some intetesting places there and at least 2 (in)complete powere armours too.

Top Bottom