• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

All right NOW I'm done with the BoS missions I assume were the ones that mattered but regardless the ones post-game didn't seem to have trophies attached to them. Reloaded.

Time to get my Airship captain hat and Maxson's coat motherfuckers.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..wut? Sounds like you've had a rough time with percentages working as they should..this is xcom all ove agai..
Where would hit recognition even factor in aside from when they are blocked by structures?

maybe i didnt mean to use hit recognition, but more like, its not realizing what the actual percentage is being displayed so it makes me miss even tho i am right in front of them and its a 95% chance.

5 times in a row at 95% chance being hit, missing all 5 just doesn't seem accurate.

and i read others saying every shot is a gamble. but the odds of missing 5 times in a row when the odds are greatly in your favor just doesnt make sense.

Not having the camera option to keep your perspective while VATS does its thing is the worst. That was great in NV, so you could actually come out of VATS and be ready to keep shooting.

N° 2048

maybe i didnt mean to use hit recognition, but more like, its not realizing what the actual percentage is being displayed so it makes me miss even tho i am right in front of them and its a 95% chance.

5 times in a row at 95% chance being hit, missing all 5 just doesn't seem accurate.

and i read others saying every shot is a gamble. but the odds of missing 5 times in a row when the odds are greatly in your favor just doesnt make sense.

stats-are-coming.jpeg

Tom Penny

Anybody get Any clear the commonweath glitches where you kill all the enemies and cant finish the mission? Now I cant get any missions from the police.

Lakitu

st5fu
How on earth do I power lightbulbs? I've only managed to get one working for some reason... and why won't new settlers join my settlement? I've got too many vacant positions...

Not having the camera option to keep your perspective while VATS does its thing is the worst. That was great in NV, so you could actually come out of VATS and be ready to keep shooting.

That's not a feature in New Vegas. You have kill-camera options that affect shooting outside of VATS when the last enemy is killed. The options are for you to disable the kill-camera, keep it in player view, or make it cinematic like VATS. This only comes into effect when combat ends or you get a stealth kill.

psylah

How on earth do I power lightbulbs? I've only managed to get one working for some reason... and why won't new settlers join my settlement? I've got too many vacant positions...

build a generator (Power > Generators) then build a Recruitment Radio Beacon (Power> Miscellaneous), then connect them with a wire (Point at the generator and press triangle, then point at the radio tower and press triangle).

As for lights, run a wire from the generator to a Conduit (Power > Connectors & Switches), and place the lights within range of the conduit. Any light / tv / radio within range of a conduit will be automatically powered, the problem is they don't tell you what that range is. So you just have to figure it out.

AHAHAHAHAHA

Yes

got my coat and hat. It was not easy and required a lot of exciting/entering the ship to get more health, and not to mention power armor and my 'Party starter' rocket launcher that does 50% more to humans.

But it's done.

Fuck you BoS.

And fuck you dolphin and whale.

Gonna cut down my gaming time now. :p Need to play and review the Orsinium for TESO, so I'll be doing that. When that's done, it's back to Fallout 4 for a new playthrough. I'm thinking an all-melee run.

Right now I'm just walking around Spectacle Island, building stuff and then becoming unhappy and reverting to a quicksave. Place is so goddamn big, I dunno what to build.

Anyone know who regularly sells like a battered fedora or easy location to get one?

Now that I'm not wearing my full armor with armor pieces but the coat, I need to find defense elsewhere, and a hat with ballistic fiber is my next best bet.

And I want the battered fedora over the other two options.

edit: oof nevermind. looks like ass with the coat. Sticking with the newsboy cap then for encounters.

N° 2048

Just thinking. It's amazing how much I've grown to love my custom guns/outfits.

I have a handful of modded guns that are named. I've become so attached to them, they've become personal. It's actually kind of sad when I come across a more powerful weapon and have to strip the mods off my old one and scrap it :(

Putting a mod on a new weapon that was from a weapon you used for 20+ hours is kind of nice. Keeps that spirit alive. Weapon/Armor Mod system is ace, great job Bethesda.

abundant

I'm still going to be finding new things in Fallout 4 years from now. Dynamic as fuck. Love love love.

I don't care what anyone says about the story, the dialogue, or the jank, FO4 is one of the best open world games ever. There's so much stuff you could easily miss if you don't go out exploring.

For example:
I stumbled onto a racetrack where mobsters were racing robots.

I don't care what anyone says about the story, the dialogue, or the jank, FO4 is one of the best open world games ever. There's so much stuff you could easily miss if you don't go out exploring.

For example:
I stumbled onto a racetrack where mobsters were racing robots.

Haha, same.

I was sad that they immediately started to fire on me :(

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Reading about the BoS makes me not want to do their missions. Would someone mind spoiler tagging the benefits / negatives of the BoS?
One thing I definitely haven't done is the feeding the troops side(?) quest. I don't want to take away from the minutemen's settlements.

abundant

Reading people talk about the BoS makes me not want to do their missions. Would someone mind spoiler tagging the benefits / negatives of the BoS?
One thing I definitely haven't done is the feeding the troops side(?) quest. I don't want to take away from the minutemen's settlements.

Eh, the Institute and Rail Road missions are pretty much the same thing. Sure, you'll be doing different stuff, but the end results the same

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Eh, the Institute and Rail Road missions are pretty much the same thing. Sure, you'll be doing different stuff, but the end results the same

Makes sense. I'll be siding with them eventually. I just didn't want something undesirable happening on one of my favorable characters. Thanks.

Just finished my first playthrough. Good game overall, though I wasn't a fan of the way the story was written. It basically funnels you towards joining
The Institute
. I probably would have chosen them anyway, but I would have liked a compelling reason to join the others.

Exploration on the other hand is fantastic. I'm starting a Charismatic melee character for my 2nd playthrough, and will use Cait as my companion since I exclusively used Piper during my 1st playthrough.

Just finished my first playthrough. Good game overall, though I wasn't a fan of the way the story was written. It basically funnels you towards joining
The Institute
. I probably would have chosen them anyway, but I would have liked a compelling reason to join the others.

I find being against slavery and murder to be compelling reasons not to join
the Institute

Calderc

Sorry if it's been asked a million times, but am i free to do
The Molecular Level without pissing off the other factions? Like, this isn't the point of no return, is it?

I find being against slavery and murder to be compelling reasons not to join
the Institute

Murder?
The Brotherhood
are borderline genocidal maniacs, and
The Railroad
do their fair share of clandestine killing. In regards to slavery, can a
Synth
really be a slave? Would you consider Codsworth your slave since he's sworn to carry your burdens?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just finished the game too and
I decided to just murder everyone which gave me the Minutemen ending. I'm going to go play thru the other factions now, ultimately siding with the Institute for the power armor paint job mostly, but also just because the BoS and Railroad are both idiotic. They're all idiotic actually.

Finally got some chameleon armor as a stealth-based player. Pretty disappointed.

Personally not worth it since it messes with the Pip-Boy and sights.

N° 2048

Finally got some chameleon armor as a stealth-based player. Pretty disappointed.

Personally not worth it since it messes with the Pip-Boy.

I was thinking, what's the big deal? Then I saw this rofl

The Chameleon effect has some glitch like side-effects. You have to cease moving for a second before pulling up your pipboy, or else your pipboy is invisible and unreadable. Also it makes the dot in reflex sights disappear. It is also possible to be invisible while standing if you crouch up and down until it glitches.

GhaleonEB

Is there a good guide to wiring out there? Neither my daughter or myself can figure out how to extend the wire in the house in Diamond City so we can light a lamp on the other side. Keep putting down transmitter knob thingies and extending the exiting wire to the lights but it's red when we draw it, and we don't know why.

Murder?
The Brotherhood
are borderline genocidal maniacs, and
The Railroad
do their fair share of clandestine killing. In regards to slavery, can a
Synth
really be a slave? Would you consider Codsworth your slave since he's sworn to carry your burdens?

I don't like the Brotherhood either for the same reason. There's no borderline with them.

Yes to both slavery questions.

Is there a good guide to wiring out there? Neither my daughter or myself can figure out how to extend the wire in the house in Diamond City so we can light a lamp on the other side. Keep putting down transmitter knob thingies and extending the exiting wire to the lights but it's red when we draw it, and we don't know why.
Just put a connector on the wall with the light, you don't manually need to wire every bulb.

And none of the factions have a 'borderline'. There's no reasoning with any of them. They're all murderous, potentially genocidal douchebags.

Got to level 50 yesterday, and according to the stats I've only done 6 story missions. :p
Haven't finished the railroad, the brotherhood or the minutemen yet either.

GhaleonEB

Just put a connector on the wall with the light, you don't manually need to wire every bulb.

And none of the factions have a 'borderline'. There's no reasoning with any of them. They're all murderous, potentially genocidal douchebags.

So, in the default set up there's a wire coming over to a connector. What do I need to put down to power a light on the ceiling of the other room? When I extend the wire from that connector to the other light, it does not work. And when I extend the wire to another connector on the wall next to the light, then to the light, it does not work. I feel there's something fundamental I'm missing.

(The tutorial linked above was way over my head, sorry. I just want a light bulb to turn on.)

BizzyBum

Not sure if this has been posted here but I found a pretty funny bug. There's a location with a giant furnace inside and for shits and giggles I threw a Gunner's head in there after I shot it off. I turn around and see the body of the Gunner now on fire.

So even though the head was detached I guess the game still considers everything as whole which caused the body to spontaneous combust on the ground when I threw the head in. lol

It eventually went away which left a weird burnt texture afterwards. Could have just been the lighting.

So, in the default set up there's a wire coming over to a connector. What do I need to put down to power a light on the ceiling of the other room? When I extend the wire from that connector to the other light, it does not work. And when I extend the wire to another connector on the wall next to the light, then to the light, it does not work. I feel there's something fundamental I'm missing.

(The tutorial linked above was way over my head, sorry. I just want a light bulb to turn on.)

It's hard to say without having a mental image of what you're talking about. :( I haven't bought that house, dunno what it looks like.

R0ckman

AHAHAHAHAHA

Yes

got my coat and hat. It was not easy and required a lot of exciting/entering the ship to get more health, and not to mention power armor and my 'Party starter' rocket launcher that does 50% more to humans.

But it's done.

Fuck you BoS.

And fuck you dolphin and whale.

What hat?

LogicStep

Is there a way to respec? I started the game with 5 points in agility. I'm lvl 24 and I haven't gotten a single perk on that tree and I'm not sure I ever will...

GhaleonEB

It's hard to say without having a mental image of what you're talking about. :( I haven't bought that house, dunno what it looks like.

I'll post pics later. I have a feeling it's sort of like screwing in a light bulb, and is dead simple. But boy the system is not well explained in the game. :(

Brokun

Is there a way to respec? I started the game with 5 points in agility. I'm lvl 24 and I haven't gotten a single perk on that tree and I'm not sure I ever will...

Nope! Unless you're on PC - you can use console commands there to make the changes. Stats do more than just give you access to perks though. Each stat inherently affects certain skills and systems.

Spyware

I haven't been in the location you're talking about, but I'll try to explain the general idea.
A lamp doesn't need to be connected with a wire. It needs to be close to a powered pylon/conduit and that's it. So if you have a power source, put a conduit near the light and connect the conduit to the power grid. If the power is on (no switches or anything "in the way") the light should now work. If it doesn't I have no idea why because that's not how my game works :/

Top Bottom