• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I love how the factions mostly are shades of grey, not completely black and white like they tend to be in Bethesda games. The Brotherhood isn't all goody two shoes like in Fallout 3, they're more like the Brotherhood in New Vegas, except less isolationist, which is how I was hoping they would be like.

Note: no major plot spoilers, just general thoughts on the factions and storytelling in this game, as I'm getting near a possible "point of no return," just spoiler tagged for safety.

I think the factions in this game are all idiots and assholes. I hate this type of storytelling where you as a rational person figure that if the leaders of all these places all got together in a room with a bottle of Bobrov's best moonshine they'd probably be able to work out their stupid differences without straight up murdering the shit out of each other. Everybody basically wants the same thing, to better life in the wasteland, but they're all going about it in the most bullheaded, selfish ways it makes me kind of sick to work for any of them.

Is there a way to finish this game if you annihilate everyone in all the major factions? Cause that might not be a bad way to go.

tcrunch

Hey guys, I have a question. A few missions ago my first fusion core on my power armor ran out, and the armor weighs a lot so I stored it in the workshop in Sanctuary till I got more. I have a ton of cores now, but I went back to get the armor and it's not on the workshop anymore. I have found another set of power armor I can potentially unlock (I need the Advanced terminals perk), but I need to know what is a safe place to store it if I run out of cores?

I only really use a sledgehammer so some power armor would be nice, especially now that my Brotherhood of Bangarang missions are starting to include super mutants.

Elfstruck

I just purchased the game digitally on PS4. Do i need to wait for the game to fully download, because right now the installation is soooo slow. Any ideas?.

Kamina777

Banned
Hey guys, I have a question. A few missions ago my first fusion core on my power armor ran out, and the armor weighs a lot so I stored it in the workshop in Sanctuary till I got more. I have a ton of cores now, but I went back to get the armor and it's not on the workshop anymore. I have found another set of power armor I can potentially unlock (I need the Advanced terminals perk), but I need to know what is a safe place to store it if I run out of cores?

I only really use a sledgehammer so some power armor would be nice, especially now that my Brotherhood of Bangarang missions are starting to include super mutants.

All the armors I stored (8 at the moment, 3 more around the world that I bought and neglected to bring over) are still there..even if the Fusion Core is near dead make sure to REMOVE IT, NPC's and raiders will grab it and they have unlimited Fusion Core usage.

A settler probably stole your power armor. Happened to me found one of my supply line guys walking around in a power armor the other day. Don't know how it happens but might wanna go check around.

Put your power armor up away from everything so no settlers path near them.

v0mitg0d

Be sure you remove the fusion core when you leave PA. More here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czky-2GNGnc

tcrunch

All the armors I stored (8 at the moment, 3 more around the world that I bought and neglected to bring over) are still there..even if the Fusion Core is near dead make sure to REMOVE IT, NPC's and raiders will grab it and they have unlimited Fusion Core usage.

A settler probably stole your power armor. Happened to me found one of my supply line guys walking around in a power armor the other day. Don't know how it happens but might wanna go check around.

My god.
Preston is going to die along with all his friends.
Wish me luck.

I can't rename all weapons. Does anybody know why? Playing it on PS4. I even tried removing all characters in current name thinking may be there is a limit on max number of characters in name. But it is not working.

Tcab96

Note: no major plot spoilers, just general thoughts on the factions and storytelling in this game, as I'm getting near a possible "point of no return," just spoiler tagged for safety.

I think the factions in this game are all idiots and assholes. I hate this type of storytelling where you as a rational person figure that if the leaders of all these places all got together in a room with a bottle of Bobrov's best moonshine they'd probably be able to work out their stupid differences without straight up murdering the shit out of each other. Everybody basically wants the same thing, to better life in the wasteland, but they're all going about it in the most bullheaded, selfish ways it makes me kind of sick to work for any of them.

Is there a way to finish this game if you annihilate everyone in all the major factions? Cause that might not be a bad way to go.

Pretty much this.

Spoilers regarding faction questlines:

I was reloading a ton of saves, hoping I could find just the right balance of interacting with the Institute and the Railroad so that both could meet and actually come to some form of understanding and agreement to coexist.

I think it's an insanely missed opportunity to not allow the player to help the factions coexist, while also giving them the option to just pick one to help kill the others or destroy them all.

It really feels like a step back.

On a different note, I wish there was a new game plus that would just reset all the quests. I want to keep my character and all the items, weapons and armor I've acquired, but also be able to go through the quests again.

Moff

I read that you should to go diamond city as soon as possible, is that true? and what's the reason for that? any kind of feature unlocks there?

Is there anything you can do about that super-radioactive pool at the Drive-In?

Take a bath in it.
I'd like to know this too.

I read that you should to go diamond city as soon as possible, is that true? and what's the reason for that? any kind of feature unlocks there?

No. Someone here had a post like <65 hours, I guess it's time to go to Diamond City>. :lol

You can actually
kill the leaders of major factions in the first second where you meet them if you wanted to
. Of course, this makes those factions very, very mad, so you can run around shooting everyone in them if you want. I shot
the Institute leader in the face for no reason
, then everyone in the building aggroed on me.

Done with BoS for the trophy.

Gonna reload the game and do
institute
next. Not because it's my second least favorite faction, but because the other two factions I already know require you to
destroy/attack these two
so might as well get the two that are more isolationist done out of the way and then do the two that are similar minded.

hydruxo

Not really, but there's some useful vendors there and a Doctor that can get rid of your rads. That said, you'll find plenty of radaways and stimpaks even early on so it doesn't really matter when you get to Diamond City.

Fchmogth.jpg

So true..

Very very true.

You get distracted so damn easily in this game....goddamn.

Today i wanted to go to DC, sell a few things and then finally just go for a sidequest again, cause there's plenty, so i go towards that place but of course i see a locked door here and another one there, oh i see some water let's dive into it and see if there's something and so on. But...that's how Bethesda's games have always been. Love it.

By the way...just to be sure....

- Anny ammo that i am not using, sell it, right?
- Armor pieces and clothing that i don't need, i give the best ones to my settlers and the rest of them i scrap?

- Same with the guns?
- And i always put junk into my bench, not sell it, right?
- Last but not least..my many stacks of pre-war money? keep it?

My Charisma is currently at 3. I've been failing a lot of speech checks and failed the first time flirting with Piper. What should it be at so I can pass the majority of speech checks (since there isn't even a fucking percentage, let alone something telling you exactly what you need)?

My Charisma is currently at 3. I've been failing a lot of speech checks and failed the first time flirting with Piper. What should it be at so I can pass the majority of speech checks (since there isn't even a fucking percentage, let alone something telling you exactly what you need)?

The colour of the dialogue line indicates the chance of passing it (yellow is easier, red is hard). I'd say get Charisma up to 6 or something like that for a better chance. Charisma enhancing gear and/or chems helps too.

That's not hit recognition. That's percentage chance. It does not refer to amount of times you'll hit out of the shots you take that VATS round. No hit is ever 100% guaranteed. It's working as intended.

Welcome to combat in the old Fallout games.

so when you have 95% chance to hit something and you miss all 5 shots, thats not a problem with hit recognition, and the percentage is working as intended?

i dont think so

danowat

Banned
so when you have 95% chance to hit something and you miss all 5 shots, thats not a problem with hit recognition, and the percentage is working as intended?

i dont think so

Statistics don't work like that, each hit is a dice throw, they arent culmative.

On another subject, I've noticed that there are certain items that can't be scrapped in the benches, like certain armours, they can only be scrapped if you drop them and scrap through the workshop interface.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well that makes it easier to buff my Charisma. I've got regular armor on that boosts my Agility and Perception. I'll just wear a black suit and glasses then since I always wear Power Armor when adventuring.

Does fuel become a non issue later or something?

Do bonuses from clothing still apply when you are in Power Armor?

no.

You need to be out of your power armor for body armor effects can take place.

when you're in a conversation, and you see one of those dialog speech checks, you can just straight up, walk away or turn around from the speaker and exit the power armor and face the speaker again and resume the conversation with the body armor effect active.

That's what I do. im in power armor 24/7, and when im out of power armor, i got some fashionable glass(+1CHR) formal hat(+1CHR) and clean black suit(+2CHR).

yes, mid-late game, you start to get too many of them even if you use power armor regularly. It's like any other RPG, in the beginning, you may be lacking in resources but later on, you'll have too many of them.

With all my perks and gear effects, those fusion cores cost 188 at vendors. Dumb cheap. But I dont buy em no more since I keep finding them in the wild. Got over 100.

Roni

Gold Member

I found that removing the fusion core from the exoskeleton seems to work in preventing them from using it.

SnakeEyes

Banned
There's some sellers that have between 5-10 Fusion Cores at a time for sale, so either use Grape Mentats and accessories to max out Charisma to drop the buy price down, or there's a perk you can get at Science lvl.9 that you can upgrade to increase Fusion Core efficiency.

N° 2048

Statistics don't work like that, each hit is a dice throw, they arent culmative.

On another subject, I've noticed that there are certain items that can't be scrapped in the benches, like certain armours, they can only be scrapped if you drop them and scrap through the workshop interface.

Any armor that can't be modded is not visible in the Armor Workbench so you have to scrap via throwing on ground.

Kamina777

Banned

i dont think so
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..wut? Sounds like you've had a rough time with percentages working as they should..this is xcom all ove agai..
Where would hit recognition even factor in aside from when they are blocked by structures?

psylah

I was inspired by the CCTV building in Beijing so I built this...

Problem is that based on my Sanctuary knowledge, I thought I would only be able to get in 5-6 stories, but I discovered that since The Castle is closer to sea level I have 8 stories of build height. So I built a crow's nest.

I will eventually tear it down and make the structure 8x8 instead of 5x5, I guess.

Top Bottom