• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Marvie_3

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Not sure if this is a bug, but i lost 10 points on my weight limit. I had 210 weight limit, but after dropping some items, it lowers itself to 200. It goes back to 210 after a few minutes.

Is this a bug, or is this related to limbs or something.

EDIT:

Also, are there any Vaults in the south of the wasteland? i really want to go to one, but the only one i know of is Vault 34 near New Vegas.
You may have eaten something that has a STR -1 effect. Either that or not eating/drinking/sleeping will lower your stats. I think alcohol has a +1 STR so if you drank something it may have worn off.

Check your status screen and it'll tell you for sure what the deal is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ezekial45 said:
Not sure if this is a bug, but i lost 10 points on my weight limit. I had 210 weight limit, but after dropping some items, it lowers itself to 200. It goes back to 210 after a few minutes.

Is this a bug, or is this related to limbs or something.

Do you have hardcore mode on? You can lose strength if hunger(iirc) goes up.

CecilRousso said:
So I´m done with Repconn Facility. I´m not quite satisfied with the outcome of that quest.

I had Veronica with me, so the battles were never challenging at all, since I´m playing on normal difficulty. I thought me playing as a character focusing on speech, science, lockpicking and repair skills would be enough of a challenge there rather than cranking up the difficulty to hard. But in this quest, it seemed like the only solution was to have a companion with me, which more or less felt like cheating considering how effective she was in battles.

I would have thought that there would be more non violence options but instead
you have to navigate through corridors filled with feral ghouls and night kins, and then I didn´t see any options when dealing with Davison besides killing all the night kins, since the stealth boys weren´t there anymore. And to come to that conclusion, you either have to kill the ghoul in the shipment room or navivate through the corridors with night kins to get the information he wanted . And all this to get some information from someone about in what direction a guy went?

That said, the overall story of the missions was quite fun. :)

You could have skipped out on doing this quest
if you went back to Manny's motel room in Novac. His computer terminal has information on which way the Khan's went, I don't think you even have to hack it.
You could still have come back and dealt with the ghoul thing later if you wanted.

ezekial45

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
You may have eaten something that has a STR -1 effect. Either that or not eating/drinking/sleeping will lower your stats. I think alcohol has a +1 STR so if you drank something it may have worn off.

Check your status screen and it'll tell you for sure what the deal is.

Ok, maybe that was it.

No, i'm not playing on Hardcore Mode. Not yet at least.

Are all the Vaults in the wasteland tied to quests? I was kinda hoping for something thats not tied to anything.

Marvie_3

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Are all the Vaults in the wasteland tied to quests? I was kinda hoping for something thats not tied to anything.
All the ones I've been to so far are tied to quests. Haven't seen any other vaults yet.

Dresden

Weird, I had 270 health with 8 Endurance, but now, I have 285. No +end effects anywhere. According to a FAQ I should have 260...

Not that I'm complaining.

So I am friends with the Goodsprings people and just went to the correctional facility and killed everyone. The game told me that I failed a quest after killing one of the guys there. I hope there is nothing lost? It's just the counterpart mission that you get if you decide to team up with the powder gang?

Enco said:
I'm having a tough time deciding whether to buy this or Dead Rising 2.

Kinda off topic but any opinions?

I've played Dead Rising right before this and it's really no contest. DR2 is fun but it's not as good as DR1 and just offers less fun for the buck.

Gattsu25

Banned
PS3 version here. I can lockup/freeze the game on demand by going to a repair shop and highlighting my head armor (which is on the verge of breaking)

Dresden said:
Weird, I had 270 health with 8 Endurance, but now, I have 285. No +end effects anywhere. According to a FAQ I should have 260...

Not that I'm complaining.

Its not because of the +5 per level right?

Darkgran

After 10 hours of play I had my first lock up. I had saved right before it happend so no progress was lost.

Loving the game so far.

Papercuts

Sucks to hear about the people having lockups. I'm about 15-20 hours in and still haven't had anything remotely bad, aside from load times and stuttering getting pretty crazy at points. But if I just turn the 360 off for a break it seems to fix it for whatever reason.

I think I just screwed up my storyline.
My plan was to support the NCR, and I was helping Mr. House at the time, thinking he was an NCR sympathizer as well. I went into Caesar's lair, updated his Securitrons, and now then the man starts to speak of blowing both the Legion and the NCR to hell. Obviously, I can't give him the chip now, so my plan is to kill him, carry through with Benny's original plan, and ally myself with the NCR. Is that possible?

Salsa

If you wanna loot something cool, head over to the REPCONN Headquarters.

k62lQ.png

HadesGigas said:
There's a quest that involves that place, you could probably do it before being given it if you have enough rad away/rad x. Basically you
need to get down to the reactor and shut it down, but several of the doors are inaccessible until you get passwords off terminals.
Quest is gotten at the NCR sharecropper farm.

Thank ya. I will wait for the quest then.
I had the two passwords that you get from underwater but the only terminal I could find required 100 science to get into

Papercuts said:
Sucks to hear about the people having lockups. I'm about 15-20 hours in and still haven't had anything remotely bad, aside from load times and stuttering getting pretty crazy at points. But if I just turn the 360 off for a break it seems to fix it for whatever reason.

yeah same here, no problems after 20 hours (except falling INSIDE a rock:lol luckily could quick travel)

I installed game to disc not sure if that helped

So yeah I worked out what was up with the Helios One thing. I went back and re-did it, must have been a bug or I did something in the wrong order. tl;dr the
NCR army
now hates me and they sent
NCR rangers
to hunt me down. Thankfully I got the perk that makes everyone scared of me and they pussied out.

Got to vault 11, a computer blew me up. So yeah whoever's idea that was, you're bad at making videogames, because there is no check point in that vault. Seems like a cool idea for a vault, read some of the stuff on the computers but having a fucking computer that blows you up makes me not want to explore that vault now. Way to let your team down and put all their efforts to waste.

Jerk

Banned
Anyone care to explain how the 'Guns' stat works?

Not sure when and how much I should invest when I cannot tell what it actively does.

kamspy

Jerk 2.0 said:

Not sure when and how much I should invest when I cannot tell what it actively does.

When you dump points in it your DAM and DPS will increase in the lead firing guns you own. If you meet the strength check for that weapon, of course.

Papercuts

cleveridea said:
yeah same here, no problems after 20 hours (except falling INSIDE a rock:lol luckily could quick travel)

I installed game to disc not sure if that helped

My weirdest bug was the framerate going to shit around Helios One, then being attacked by 3-4 molerates and a few named dogs that fell out of the sky. :lol

Jerk 2.0 said:

Slightly increases your accuracy and damage and gives access to skill related perks, same as the other weapon skills. Diminishing returns as you get closer to 100.

Salsa

Celsior said:
Can't get to the damn top floor.

no need to, the room im talking about can be accessed from the second or first floors, just look everywhere. For the third floor you can use a stealth boy and avoid the handy robots, keep in mind though that there's only one computer to hack (you need 100 science) and a couple of corpses with power armors.

graywolf323 said:
I've been there, what are you talking about? I must have missed it

Q-35 Matter Modulator. Its a unique version of the Plasma Rifle

Celsior

mjemirzian said:
Slightly increases your accuracy and damage and gives access to skill related perks, same as the other weapon skills. Diminishing returns as you get closer to 100.
yeah level 20 and have it at 75, that is were I stop.
Also anyone find lockpicking clothes like in fallout 3?

Celsior

SalsaShark said:
no need to, the room im talking about can be accessed from the second or first floors, just look everywhere. For the third floor you can use a stealth boy and avoid the handy robots, keep in mind though that there's only one computer to hack (you need 100 science) and a couple of corpses with power armors.
I need those
corpses
and yeah I killed the security already so they are no problem.
SalsaShark said:
Q-35 Matter Modulator. Its a unique version of the Plasma Rifle
Oh have it, I just am not using energy weapons this play through, just guns.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I was minding my own business when I come across a pack of Jackal gang members. I engage them, and it's no biggie since these guys are weak, but suddenly I start getting shot from behind and it turns out a group of Legion assassins happened to come after me at the same time. I dispatched the weak Jackal bitches with one clip of my cowboy repeated, than ran behind a busted building, left a trail of mines and took some psycho and destroyed the tough Legion dudes with just a touch of help left.

This game is awesome. It's gonna be even crazy in a day or so when the NCR come to kill me. It's hard out here for a pimp.

Salsa

Celsior said:
I need those
corpses
and yeah I killed the security already so they are no problem.

Oh have it, I just am not using energy weapons this play through, just guns.

Tip: you can use the armor in the corpses to give it to Veronica if you have her as a companion.

Jerk

Banned
mjemirzian said:

Just tested it. The bonus is really minuscule; no wonder I did not notice it.

Haha, whoops. I'd advise you not to murder Mrs. Hostetler if you happen to find her house. Looks like I just failed a quest that involved
protecting her at some point in the future
. Bitch totally deserved it though.

Marvie_3

Banned
HadesGigas said:
Haha, whoops. I'd advise you not to murder Mrs. Hostetler if you happen to find her house. Looks like I just failed a quest that involved
protecting her at some point in the future
. Bitch totally deserved it though.
Good thing I didn't do that. I wanted to gun her down so bad. :lol

Having the guide has made this game overwhelming.

I have about 20 quests on my list, 4 of which are the main story branching one. I am almost OCD when it comes to rpgs and i hate the fact that i have to choose which route to go down and miss out on the others. On the other hand, i love that i will have new content to see when i go on my second play through.

Also, I STILL HAVENT FOUND MY G-DAM NCR RANGER COMABT ARMOR. I WANT IT SO BAD.

Fallout NV just devoured my weekend... Just got to this strip last night after about 19 hours :D

And now it's Monday morning and I'm at work and all I want to do is get home and back to the wastelands :(

Timber

need some help with the quest Return to Sender

station Charlie was overrun by Caesar's Legion, yet quest notes tell me i still need to deliver the updates there (box is unchecked). when i go there the quest marker points to the desk where the updates' recipient is supposed to be sitting, but which is now empty. is the quest irrevocably kaputt or is there a way around this?

daycru

Anyone else getting the disc read errors on 360? Have my game installed, I get it every few minutes, impossible to play. My other games work fine.

MMaRsu

Enco said:
I'm having a tough time deciding whether to buy this or Dead Rising 2.

Kinda off topic but any opinions?

Depends if you liked DR1 better or Fallout 3. Both sequels greatly improve on the first games imo. I love both sequels..

Marvie_3

Banned
BeeDog said:
How common/rare are those weapon repair kits? I have 4 of them right now, and feel like using them. :D
They're sorta rare. I've only found ~10 or so up to this point. I may have more stashed in my fridge that I forgot about though. :lol

Helping Boone:
I found out who was the culprit. How do I bring that person out in front of the dinosaur to let Boone know that is the culprit? soo confused

Wallach

BeeDog said:
How common/rare are those weapon repair kits? I have 4 of them right now, and feel like using them. :D

They're only moderately rare, but also can be crafted yourself with certain misc items and a Repair skill of 50.

Labombadog said:
Helping Boone:
I found out who was the culprit. How do I bring that person out in front of the dinosaur to let Boone know that is the culprit? soo confused

Advance the in-game time. I don't remember what time exactly it was, but I think it needs to be midnight or later before you'll see the appropriate speech option come up.

abundant

BeeDog said:

They're pretty rare, at least for me. If you have your Repair skill up to 50, you can make them at work benches. (Duct Tape + Scrap Electronics/Metals + Wonderglue + Wrench) Highly recommended.

Marvie_3

Banned
Labombadog said:
Helping Boone:
There will be a text option when you talk to the culprit about showing them something in front of the dinosaur. Put Boone's beret on and follow that person outside to the dinosaur.

ezekial45

Banned
Labombadog said:
Helping Boone:

Talk to them at night. The option will appear.

Dresden

Timber said:
need some help with the quest Return to Sender

station Charlie was overrun by Caesar's Legion, yet quest notes tell me i still need to deliver the updates there (box is unchecked). when i go there the quest marker points to the desk where the updates' recipient is supposed to be sitting, but which is now empty. is the quest irrevocably kaputt or is there a way around this?
Look for a note. There's an audio recording there.

BeeDog

Marvie_3 said:
They're sorta rare. I've only found ~10 or so up to this point. I may have more stashed in my fridge that I forgot about though. :lol

So it's not possible to buy them at vendors whenever you want? :(

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I always like to wait a good six months before buying games that run on Bethesda open RPG engines. Seems like Vegas isn't going to change that precaution.

abundant

BeeDog said:
So it's not possible to buy them at vendors whenever you want? :(

No, at least for me (been playing for over 20 hours), that is why getting your repair skill up is crucial, so you can make them.

Top Bottom