• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Timber

Dresden said:
Look for a note. There's an audio recording there.
i found two a while back that were recorded during the legion attack. do they have anything to do with return to sender? or is there another recording?

Dresden

Timber said:
i found two a while back that were recorded during the legion attack. do they have anything to do with return to sender? or is there another recording?
My bad, I was thinking of a different quest. Just go back to Reyes and tell her
everyone is dead.

Timber

Dresden said:
My bad, I was thinking of a different quest. Just go back to Reyes and tell her
everyone is dead.
ah nice, thanks. it still showed up on the list so i was worried it might be broken.

Jerk 2.0 said:
Just tested it. The bonus is really minuscule; no wonder I did not notice it.
Yeah the weapon bonuses are tiny. The weapon skills are really only there to impede you from getting all the good perks like slayer and ninja at the same time.

Zeliard

duckroll said:
That used to be true for me, but the Followers of the Apocalypse have shown me that I should help those who cannot help themselves.

This is definitely how people are indoctrinated into cults.

knitoe

Need help with EDE My Love quest.

After meeting brotherhood of steel and they ask you to clear close ranger post, where is it?

The_Inquisitor said:
What should I concentrate on if I want to be accurate from long distances?
Any perk that raises accuracy. I also suggest investing in Stealth and sneak critical bonuses. You can also get weapon mods that increase accuracy. And try to find a sniper rifle asap, those things rock.

Timber

speaking of EDE my love... got a problem with this one. i fixed the lil robot and have him as a companion now. quest tells me to take him to the junkyard north of novac but when i talk to the old lady in charge no dialogue option comes up that relates to the quest? AYUDA plz.

I just got home from buying the game, and I love that it came with a game sleeve. I always wish more games would do that, I think it looks a lot better than just any ole' case

Wallach

Timber said:
speaking of EDE my love... got a problem with this one. i fixed the lil robot and have him as a companion now. quest tells me to take him to the junkyard north of novac but when i talk to the old lady in charge no dialogue option comes up that relates to the quest? AYUDA plz.

You can't really advance this quest manually. Once you talk to her new dialogue should come up with ED-E, but that's because it unlocks based on "keywords" that ED-E hears spoken while you're in conversation with random people.

Timber

Wallach said:
You can't really advance this quest manually. Once you talk to her new dialogue should come up with ED-E, but that's because it unlocks based on "keywords" that ED-E hears spoken while you're in conversation with random people.
alright, i'll just go about my business then and see what happens. gracias.

Zeliard

What companions are you guys rolling with now?

I was hanging with Boone for a good while but he kills everything, so now it's just ED-E. I'm trying to get Cass also because I do like having companions hanging around - they're extremely useful as extra inventory space and it just adds to the sense of adventure. It's just a problem when they're so strong that they basically break the game and remove all challenge, like Boone.

I assume the other companions aren't like him since he's the only one people ever talk about as being absurdly powerful.

regs

Played the game for the majority of the day today, I am sure it's mentioned in the thread but the load times go from pretty good, to OMGWTFBBQ pretty quick :lol

Admittedly, I'm a bit trigger happy.

I've played 7 hours today and I'm already at Freeside. On first meeting of the following groups:

Caesar's Legion
Great Khan's
Powder Gangers

I killed everyone, and became vilified instantly. Did anyone else play this way and regret it?

biggersmaller said:

I've played 7 hours today and I'm already at Freeside. On first meeting of the following groups:

Caesar's Legion
Great Khan's
Powder Gangers

I killed everyone, and became vilified instantly. Did anyone else play this way and regret it?

I assumed that the powder gangers would be typical enemies, like raiders, so I kinda killed them on pure reflex. Regret it on.

Zeliard

biggersmaller said:

Caesar's Legion
Great Khan's
Powder Gangers

You should be able to do quests for these guys and get your standing back up.

Zeliard said:
It's just a problem when they're so strong that they basically break the game and remove all challenge, like Boone.

I have only met Veronika so far, and she´s like that. Kills feral ghouls with one punch and super mutants with two. Kinda breaks the immersion.

Wallach

biggersmaller said:

Caesar's Legion
Great Khan's
Powder Gangers

The Legion and the Khans are both slavers. I have no regrets for killing any of them.

The Powder Gangers shot first, literally. Not my problem.

kamspy

Zeliard said:

Veronica and ED-E. You get props from Veronica's home faction by having her with you, among her kicking ass. Less overpowered than Boone, and throws out the occasional funny line of dialog.

Fredescu

biggersmaller said:

Caesar's Legion
Great Khan's
Powder Gangers

There are heaps of other factions. I wouldn't worry.

Zeliard

MMaRsu said:
If he killed the leaders he wouldn't be able to right?

True, but if doing that removed some quest options, they should come up as failed, I think.

I've killed a couple of slightly important people in the game to suddenly find myself with some failed quest message.

jax (old)

Banned
CecilRousso said:
I have only met Veronika so far, and she´s like that. Kills feral ghouls with one punch and super mutants with two. Kinda breaks the immersion.

this is kinda true. and awesome. :D

do think the companions are way overpowered.

Zeliard

What makes Boone probably more overpowered than the rest is his sniper rifle. He's able to detect enemies that are far away and kill them before you even know anything is there.

Max

I am not Max
Darkshier said:
Lily. She is the best grandma a boy could ask for.
I let her go but I still have this glitch where her voice is played randomly. So out of nowhere I hear a supermutant grunting and coughing and it scares the shit out of me. Every time.

"ONE TWO THREE FOUR ONE TWO THREE FOUR" :(

JWong

Banned
I wonder, since you can kill quest givers and what not... can you kill everyone in the game and beat it?

Actually, I don't know if there are certain quest npcs that cannot be killed.

Zeliard

Oh man, siding with
Caesar's Legion
to overrun
the Outpost
is so tempting. I almost did that as soon as entering the place, but then I thought "waaaaaaait a minute, there are probably quests I can do here first, lemme walk around." Sure enough, there were. But after those are done, bye bye
outpost
. :p

JWong said:
I wonder, since you can kill quest givers and what not... can you kill everyone in the game and beat it?

Actually, I don't know if there are certain quest npcs that cannot be killed.

According to Avellone, I believe, you should be able to kill pretty much everyone you encounter and still beat the game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What's going on here...

I wanted to get a new
sheriff
for Primm, so I went to the NCR Correctional Facility. On the map, it says my reputation with them was vilified. That doesn't make sense to me, as I am only an hour in. Then
I put on a powderganger outfit and managed to bribe my way in, but the minute I even walk close to the door even after paying the toll, the game goes nuts and everyone attacks me.

wtf

Wiggum2007

Y2Kev said:
What's going on here...

I wanted to get a new
sheriff
for Primm, so I went to the NCR Correctional Facility. On the map, it says my reputation with them was vilified. That doesn't make sense to me, as I am only an hour in. Then
I put on a powderganger outfit and managed to bribe my way in, but the minute I even walk close to the door even after paying the toll, the game goes nuts and everyone attacks me.

wtf

Probably because you sided with Goodsprings when the Powder Gangers attacked? The conversation with the guard at the gate who you bribed was automatically triggered, but because you were vilified, once the conversation ended he saw through your disguise and attacked you.
I just used a Stealthboy so I could get by him after the conversation.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Beat the game, played on PC.

My recommendation is the save often. On 3 occasions the game got into a broken state such that it consistently crashed.

graywolf323

Arcade seems to have vanished on me somehow

using that unlimited companion mod and have him, Boone, Cass, Veronica, and ED-E but I don't see him anymore

NPCs in Freeside seem to comment to him and I still have his perk
:lol

nevermind he showed back up after I slept :-/

Zeliard

teh_pwn said:
Beat the game, played on PC.

My recommendation is the save often. On 3 occasions the game got into a broken state such that it consistently crashed.

I have been noticing crashes in alarmingly increasing frequency as I play through. :(

I think this game will have the issue that the further you progress and the more things the game has to keep track of, the greater the propensity for crashes.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Zeliard said:
I have been noticing crashes in alarmingly increasing frequency as I play through. :(

I think this game will have the issue that the further you progress and the more things the game has to keep track of, the greater the propensity for crashes.

3 had the same problem.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wiggum2007 said:
Probably because you sided with Goodsprings when the Powder Gangers attacked? The conversation with the guard at the gate who you bribed was automatically triggered, but because you were vilified, once the conversation ended he saw through your disguise and attacked you.
I just used a Stealthboy so I could get by him after the conversation.
Yeah, ugh, that was confusing. I wish I knew that.

avcables

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Yeah, ugh, that was confusing. I wish I knew that.

Yeah, I figured since I had the disguise on he'd let me in.

I suppose it was a good thing I took out all the tower guards at night, though, prior to attacking the place during the day. Only problem was when he saw through my disguise, the entire base (sans the main building that your objective is at) came after me.

I literally fought the entire first room and both cell blocks as they repeatedly came through the front door after I backed out. I kept having to retreat while firing pot shots backwards. It was completely insane and one of the best battles I've had in this game to date.

This was done of course while having dynamite thrown at me from multiple enemies. I backed up too far at one point and was ganked by a pack of two dogs, too, and had to take care of them. Luckily I had thrown some frag mines in the Powder Ganger's paths right before they ganked so I was able to take care of the dogs and here some nice explosions going off behind me.

I imagine that if I had been in third person and been able to see behind me, it would've looked like this:

syriana.jpg

I still have yet to use VATS. Iron sights rock.

Ducarmel

Does having few active quest lessen the crashes?

Its getting crazy now for me I expect a crash every 30 min to an hour worth of play time after 20 hrs of gameplay so far.

Fredescu

cleveridea said:
Can you equip clothes on your companions like you could in Fallout 3? I liked dressing up Clover :lol Except she couldn't equip some clothing like the nightware
Yesterday I was offloading some crap onto Boone as I was going over weight and once I was done he automatically equipped a radiation suit and space helmet. It was hilarious seeing this tough guy sniper in a space helmet like he thought it was the most natural thing in the world, I'm smiling just thinking about it now.

Top Bottom