• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

valeo said:
Of course it will be a buggy mess. Didn't you play KOTOR2? Also, they have to carry on the Beth tradition of releasing games with at least 20 game breaking bugs at launch.
The problem is they are still hung up on the antiquated gamebryo engine which can't handle the ambitious magnitude of the Fallout 3 open world and its gazillion variables and flags, which is why the more progress someone makes in the game, the more likely their save will become corrupted and crashy/buggy. Add in some of the worst hardware compatibility of any major PC title in the last couple years and the insulting 'we don't support windows 7 on the GOTY version of Fallout 3 even though we released it after win 7 came out'.

stupei

valeo said:
It's like reading a sports thread when you are trying to avoid a result. There will always be a numpty who doesn't know to use spoiler tags.

It doesn't make sense to just avoid the thread for 24 hours? :lol

Why do you keep suggesting that 24 hours from now we'll all have experienced every side quest in the game and be un-spoilable?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
mjemirzian said:
The problem is they are still hung up on the antiquated gamebryo engine which can't handle the ambitious magnitude of the Fallout 3 open world and its gazillion variables and flags, which is why the more progress someone makes in the game, the more likely their save will become corrupted and crashy/buggy. Add in some of the worst hardware compatibility of any major PC title in the last couple years.. and the insulting 'we don't support windows 7 on the GOTY version Fallout 3 even though we released it after win 7 came out'.

lol imagine the furor if they go gamebryo again :lol

bunbun777

my character will be named Mr. Mjister and will be all lady. I hope you can get tattoos in this game.

She will have high INT and AGI - low END (1) and only 4 STR. She may start drinking a lot of whiskey. She doesn't use drugs except on weekends though. Also she has bad luck in always getting her partners killed, but good luck getting away from the battle still intact... My character is actually
a cyborg

RedStep

God's Beard said:
Not hardcore enough.

bbjM3.jpg

Ah, Dance Dance Immolation. Saw that at Burning Man a few years back. Didn't play it. Probably should have.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
seady said:
For some reason I don't see much hype around this game at all.
Same thing with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
Over 1000 posts 2 days before release isnt hype? Its already got more preorders than 3 did I believe.

seady said:
For some reason I don't see much hype around this game at all.
Same thing with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Pre-orders for NV surpassed those of F3. It may not look like it on the outside, but the sales are there. I know a lot of guys who never play RPGs and say that Fallout 3 was one of the raddest games they've played.

Sorry to sound dumb but I haven't followed this at all. So this takes place AFTER FO3 with a new character?

Edit: Read the OP. Hmmm might pick this up in a few months.

Dalauz said:
Would DarNified UI F3 work with New Vegas?

Vanilla
http://ui.darnified.net/wip/F3/barter_menu_default.jpg[img]

Darnified
[img]http://ui.darnified.net/wip/F3/barter_menu_darn.JPG[img][/QUOTE]
Good question. I don't know what mods are going to work with NV. I had to used a mod for the menus too, hopefully the menus are "optimized" for PC this time around.

valeo

disappeared said:
Pre-orders for NV surpassed those of F3. It may not look like it on the outside, but the sales are there. I know a lot of guys who never play RPGs and say that Fallout 3 was one of the raddest games they've played.

Same here. I wasn't a big fan, to be honest, and i'm more likely to go back to Fallout 2 but that's probably just because Beth games just don't do it for me. Was still a good game even though I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected I would - kind of hoping New Vegas clicks for me.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Reposting from the Steam Gifting Thread in hope of finding someone before the Preorder thing ends:

Anyone in europe that could gift me the uncut Fallout New Vegas Version? It isnt exactly expensive in germany, but...not exactly uncut.
Unfortunately I dont have PayPal. I can make normal transaction to a bank account in europe though.

Also if anyone else wants to try this.. If someone gifts the version to me and likes "surprises" I would gift him back with english games worth 10 Dollars more than New Vegas did cost, if you give me a list of games that you already own and a list which you absolutely DONT want.

Alternatively you can also give me a list of games you'd like to have and if Fallout costs 50, I'd buy you anything for 60.

Edit: Oh and I am sorry, no Australians or any other country which rips off their customers please :lol

Ledsen

Zeliard said:
Making that choice based on gameplay or story is one thing, but there are some people out there who can't bring themselves to play evil in a game because they're not evil in real life, which strikes me as a bit silly.

It's called empathy and it's perfectly ok to feel it for a fictional character. It's the same reason why i jer... wait.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Benedict said:
That only leaves US and the UK left...

What about all the other european countries? France, Austria? just checked the different language versions of steam. 50€ for each, isnt it?

Wallach

HK-47 said:
Obviously it uses gamebryo. I'm talking about the next Bethesda game.

I'm almost certain they already said they are making a new engine to support the next TES, which is due up before the next Fallout entry from them.

Benedict

Toma said:
What about all the other european countries? France, Austria? just checked the different language versions of steam. 50€ for each, isnt it?

yes, but it's £29.99 (€34.22) at the UK steam store.
And $49.99 (€35.60) at the US steam store.

Benedict said:
yes, but it's £29.99 (€34.22) at the UK steam store.
And $49.99 (€35.60) at the US steam store.
:O

Now that's some bullshit! 49,99€ in Sweden... so what's the reason for this?

*It being steamworks means I can just buy it from anywhere and have it on Steam, correct?

NIN90

Danne-Danger said:
:O

Now that's some bullshit! 49,99€ in Sweden... so what's the reason for this?

Because most EU/AU people are too stupid to get a US gifting thing going. :)
Btw, ty Wallach. <3

jim-jam bongs said:
Stupid Australian Steam prices. Still cheaper than retail though.

Get someone in the US to gift it to you. 50$ vs 90$

NIN90 said:
Because most EU/AU people are too stupid to get a US gifting thing going. :)
Btw, ty Wallach. <3
-1 You have traded with our worst enemies!

I can just get the coaster edition for almost the same price... I'll go with that. Fuck you Steam, I'm rollin' with Merrick!

Toma

Toma said:
Reposting from the Steam Gifting Thread in hope of finding someone before the Preorder thing ends:

Anyone in europe that could gift me the uncut Fallout New Vegas Version? It isnt exactly expensive in germany, but...not exactly uncut.
Unfortunately I dont have PayPal. I can make normal transaction to a bank account in europe though.

Also if anyone else wants to try this.. If someone gifts the version to me and likes "surprises" I would gift him back with english games worth 10 Dollars more than New Vegas did cost, if you give me a list of games that you already own and a list which you absolutely DONT want.

Alternatively you can also give me a list of games you'd like to have and if Fallout costs 50, I'd buy you anything for 60.

Edit: Oh and I am sorry, no Australians or any other country which rips off their customers please :lol

Since there seems to be a misunderstanding regarding "ripping off". I'd take a version from any country where the price comes in at around 50€, preferably UK or US of course but I basically dont care.

Crazetex

The Hardcore mode makes me happy. I had mods that did that in Fallout 3, but they're just not as well-implemented as a built-in mode would be.

I probably won't buy this until there is a huge mod collection out there, though, I like I did for Oblivion/Dragon Age/Fallout 3.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Crazetex said:
The Hardcore mode makes me happy. I had mods that did that in Fallout 3, but they're just not as well-implemented as a built-in mode would be.

I probably won't buy this until there is a huge mod collection out there, though, I like I did for Oblivion/Dragon Age/Fallout 3.

I wait for the PC releases tell the GOTY is out cheep on Steam now. Play on consoles first.

Don't really know why I do this, I guess double dipping makes me feel like I'm helping out the devs?

But yeah, for PC releases I like to wait for patches, great fan mods and all the DLC now.

Maybe I just secretly like spending more money?

kn4rf

Wallach said:
Just as a heads-up it was confirmed that the Steam unlock time is 12:01 AM PST on the 19th in NA. WOO.

Sweet switching shifts from day to night this week will pay off for once. 4AM Is prime time :)

Vault 21 here I come!

My main computer is down (PSU broke), so I am using my secondary pc with the following specs:

AMD 64 x 2 5000+ @ 3.08Ghz
4GB DDR2 RAM (32bit OS FTL)
8800GTS 320mb

I play in 1280 x 1024 (or 768). Will I be okay in mostly high settings?

Sotha Sil

Weeeeeeeeell my 360 was stollen this very morning.

I could

1) Scream my lungs out KHAAAAAAAAAN style

2) Save some money to join the glorious PC master race

3) Cry myself to sleep and forget this game exist for the time being

But I think I'll go for secret option 4) : all of the above

Let that pointless my-life-sucks post be an inspiration to you all, kids: max out your LUCK, you never know when you'll need it.

Thieves of the world, fuck you. Very much.

Denzar

Sotha Sil said:
Weeeeeeeeell my 360 was stollen this very morning.

I could

1) Scream my lungs out KHAAAAAAAAAN style

2) Save some money to join the glorious PC master race

3) Cry myself to sleep and forget this game exist for the time being

But I think I'll go for secret option 4) : all of the above

Let that pointless my-life-sucks post be an inspiration to you all, kids: max out your LUCK, you never know when you'll need it.

Thieves of the world, fuck you. Very much.
What? Wait! How?

Sotha Sil

Deepack said:
What? Wait! How?

I'm moving to a new flat; some asshole stole the box right off the moving truck (I was carrying something upstairs). I know I should have been more careful, and in some way, I only have myself to blame, but... Just before the NV release. Timing couldn't have been worse.

Denzar

Sotha Sil said:
I'm moving to a new flat; some asshole stole the box right off the moving truck (I was carrying something upstairs). I know I should have been more careful, and in some way, I only have myself to blame, but... Just before the NV release. Timing couldn't have been worse.
Such a thing never has great timing.

XBoxes are not that expensive anymore though.

syllogism

Labombadog said:
My main computer is down (PSU broke), so I am using my secondary pc with the following specs:

AMD 64 x 2 5000+ @ 3.08Ghz
4GB DDR2 RAM (32bit OS FTL)
8800GTS 320mb

I play in 1280 x 1024 (or 768). Will I be okay in mostly high settings?
I played F3 on a similar setup and I recall it ran pretty well on mostly high

Top Bottom