• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

SalsaShark said:
Intro still looks pretty bad. The in-game models look better.

My guess is that the executioner is some sort of magician - that's the only way you can really explain how he manages to produce a 9" hand gun from a skin-tight blazer.

Unspoilered cos the intro video has been out for eons.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
icarus-daedelus said:
I feel your pain, because nearly every game with male MCs lacks man-man relationships as an option.

Thankfully, Dragon Age is there to rectify these wrongs.

For the record, I always play as goody two shoes females if I'm given such options. True to life.

Yeah by having a bisexual. Way not to go all the way.

Pooya

dwebo said:
Pretty much this, though when I'd have to run a long distance I'd often just whirl the mousewheel like a spaz to relieve some boredom. Speaking of mousewheels, how do the console versions handle the view? There just one button that cycles through a few presets?
With 360 controller, you hold LB and use the RStick to zoom in and out IIRC.

edit: beaten

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm still deciding on male vs. female. Like some of you guys, I usually go with female when given the choice. I think I just like the idea of a female hero, they're the superior sex after all. I'll probably go with a lady but I kinda wanna make a dude just so I can call him 'Richard Slay'. It's from a Nick Cave song and it's like, the coolest name ever.

Anyways, I'm ready to play this game. Fuck sunday, fuck monday, I want it NOW.

watchin the intro vid, who's voice is that? is it a hollywood actor?

mandiller said:
Thanks for posting that. It looks great. I'm looking forward to playing it.

It definitely does. That opening pan on Goodsprings looks fucking fantastic. Even though it's the same engine, the faces look far better than in 3.

Wallach said:
Mostly first person. Sometime I switch it to third person when just wandering around to get a bit wider FOV or to admire my armor. Enclave Hellfire armor is the shit.

Man, roaming the wastes with your character and two followers all in Enclave gear always looks just intense.

Rikyfree

Im gonna go super hardcore on this game, no more than one rifle/large weapon, a knife, one sidearm, and one smg. Maximum two clips per weapon outside of the clip already loaded. One life per go. You die, no reloading a save, just start over. This is true hardcore.

Gravijah

Rikyfree said:
Im gonna go super hardcore on this game, no more than one rifle/large weapon, a knife, one sidearm, and one smg. Maximum two clips per weapon. One life per go. You die, no reloading a save, just start over. This is true hardcore.

you should taze yourself ever time you get shot

Gravijah said:
you should taze yourself ever time you get shot

Not hardcore enough.

bbjM3.jpg

Despera

Banned
Got this game along with Vanquish.

It's awesome to start playing a game without reading any reviews.

In my first 30 minutes of playing NV I got stuck in a garage and unable to move. I had to load the auto save. Hopefully that's the only bug I'll ever encounter.

RS4-

Despera said:
In my first 30 minutes of playing NV I got stuck in a garage and unable to move. I had to load the auto save. Hopefully that's the only bug I'll ever encounter.

I got stuck too between a health kit, small step ladder and a box :lol

Playing on normal-hardcore and I'm about 6 hours in and hit level 8 (which isn't saying much in games like this) but christ, some of the mobs are just ruthless; they'll follow you for quite a bit and the radscorpions are a lot faster than I remember.

Already recruited someone and he takes out enemies in 1-2 shots which is great since I'm running really slow on ammo. Also gives a useful perk of
highlighting
enemies when I am.

I should have spent more time going over my characters skill points and such; right now it's a complete mess and he isn't really specialized in anything outside of not being a melee fighter.

Took some time getting used to looking over the hardcore only stuff, like dehydration and health that doesn't refill instantly.

Things I'm not fond of on 360 atm:
- frame rate dips here and there
- getting suck
- enemies or ai getting suck inside objects like rocks
- playing on pad

edit - and FUCK cloaked enemies.

(._.)

Banned
Despera said:
and so it begins

Rikyfree

ColonelColon said:
Lame. I'm hiring a professional hitman to kill me whenever my character dies in the game.
pfft, I'll see your personal hitman and I'll raise you one that kills my entire family and friends.

Wallach

All due respect to those of you that have found a copy early somehow, but for the sake of all that is holy please watch your spoilers, however minor they might seem. I don't have time to be taking a vacation to murder someone I don't even know. I got bills and shit.

Gravijah

Rikyfree said:
pfft, I'll see your personal hitman and I'll raise you one that kills my entire family and friends.

let's not forget the eating!
Wallach said:
All due respect to those of you that have found a copy early somehow, but for the sake of all that is holy please watch your spoilers, however minor they might seem. I don't have time to be taking a vacation to murder someone I don't even know. I got bills and shit.

respect knuckles... or whatever the fuck that weapon is you are obsessed with.

valeo

Wallach said:

Just don't read the thread for a day? Not hard. :)

mjemirzian said:
Hopefully Fallout: New Vegas isn't a buggy, crashy mess like Fallout 3. Buying it anyway because I like open ended WRPGs and Mass Effect 2 was quite disappointing.

Of course it will be a buggy mess. Didn't you play KOTOR2? Also, they have to carry on the Beth tradition of releasing games with at least 20 game breaking bugs at launch.

Swag

How long does it take to beat Fallout 3 with no DLC.

Never got past Megaton, so I'm thinking of marathoning F3, before New Vegas comes out on Tuesday.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
valeo said:

Of course it will be a buggy mess. Didn't you play KOTOR2? Also, they have to carry on the Beth tradition of releasing games with at least 20 game breaking bugs at launch.

KotOR 2's situation is not at all comparable to F:NV's.

Wallach

Sebulon3k said:

Never got past Megaton, so I'm thinking of marathoning F3, before New Vegas comes out on Tuesday.

By "beat" do you just mean main plot stuff? Main plot is not long at all. Go for it you have plenty of time.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sebulon3k said:

Going straight storyline with minimal sidequests would probably be 10-15 hours. But you'll probably get hooked and do 30+ to do exploration/sidequests.

ANd you'll be focusing on the worse part of Fallout 3 content wise, minus the best part content wise, which you will know when you experience it.

stupei

valeo said:

It's a massive open world game where you can do things in any order. People who have paid $60 already also do not want to be spoiled.

So I guess it's a good thing that the spoiler tags are so easy, huh? :)

valeo

The_Reckoning said:
whatthefuck.gif

It's like reading a sports thread when you are trying to avoid a result. There will always be a numpty who doesn't know to use spoiler tags.

It doesn't make sense to just avoid the thread for 24 hours? :lol

Top Bottom