• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Marvie_3

Banned
DryvBy2 said:
Lol, I liked playing as Lamont Sanford CJ. With the leisure suit and all :lol
lamont.jpg
:lol

My CJ was always really fat wearing only cowboy boots, heart boxers, an eye patch, and a cowboy hat. :lol

The hunger system sounds fine as long as it takes a realistic number of hours/days for it to degenerate, and has increasing effects as it does. Personally I eat 3 meals a day with basically no snacking in between so it actually seems quite logical to me. Once I eat a meal, my fullness is at 100% then it goes down until I next eat. 75% would be not eating for a day, 50% would be not eating for a couple of days, all the way to 0% which would be death by starvation.

Gravijah said:
i always wore the gimp suit cause it was fun pretending to be a ninja

Damn straight. And beating down fools with the dildo was some real ninja shit.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Damn, CEs sold out on Amazon?

Yup, I was just about to cancel my wife's CE order because she's cool with regular edition. Then I checked the product page and saw they were sold out. Definitely keeping the order intact now and I just need to convince her that it's a good idea.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
dwebo said:
Blerg, thanks. Here's hoping it reviews better than Alpha Protocol.

Heh, I would hope so. Alpha Protocol had some trouble during its development.

It probably really is better to just buy the game on steam. It seems the unlock time is pretty early and its also $35 cheaper compared to getting the CE in store.

tokkun

Lostconfused said:
It probably really is better to just buy the game on steam. It seems the unlock time is pretty early and its also $35 cheaper compared to getting the CE in store.

Well, I opted to buy the boxed copy from Amazon with free release-date. The game includes full Steamworks support, so it seems like the best of both worlds, other than not being able to play immediately at midnight.

Jerk

Banned
So I am looking at this old list of companions (is it even complete?) and am forced to ask this question: Why are both of the non-white characters non-human?

Seems, odd.

Dresden

Jerk 2.0 said:
So I am looking at this old list of companions (is it even complete) and am force to ask this question: Why are both of the non-white characters non-human?

Seems, odd.
black people mutate when exposed to radiation

chinese people evaporate

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gravijah said:
Aww man not gonna be able to pick this up day 1. Now I gotta hope GameFly comes through.

Use your high charisma skill to persuade a gamestop grunt to give you a free copy.

Or your strength to punch his face until he gives it up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've heard of some people having luck in finding the console versions at 7-11s, as odd as that is.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
morningbus said:
I've heard of some people having luck in finding the console versions at 7-11s, as odd as that is.

Put some explosives into his pocket while he isnt looking.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Clott said:
Care to elaborate?

Not much to elaborate on. The old formula of WRPGs is pretty much dead in favour of the accessibility tweaks and gameplay changes we see today. Fallout 3 wasn't a perfect evolution and New Vegas doesn't look to be one either, regardless of how good either games are.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
EatChildren said:
Not much to elaborate on. The old formula of WRPGs is pretty much dead in favour of the accessibility tweaks and gameplay changes we see today. Fallout 3 wasn't a perfect evolution and New Vegas doesn't look to be one either, regardless of how good either games are.
Pretty much. You have people who say the original games use "outdated gameplay" or complaints that headshots dont equal instant kill in an rpg, etc. There are certain people that want access to a different title or series because its great but they dont want the gameplay that made it great. Its like if i were to clamor for CoD to be an ascii roguelike because i really like ascii roguelikes or Megaman to be a fps because i like fps without liking CoD or Megaman to begin with. id prefer it if developers would just make something new. Fallout did this in regards to Wasteland, so going that route has been done in the past.

Marvie_3

Banned
morningbus said:
7-11 sells video games now? Closest one to me is ~300 miles away up in Canada so that's not really an option for me anyway. :lol

One last try tomorrow after work, otherwise it's Tuesday. So clooooose...

Also, playing Evil in Fallout 1 is strange. Some of the towns seem to have an Oblivion-esque psychic knowledge that you're a cold-blooded murderer as soon as you walk into town... :/

The Hub's treated me good so far though. Shady Sands population is now zero. Junktown is lacking Gizmo and Killian. So far so good! :lol

(._.)

Banned
dygiT said:
Looks like the Animated Prostitution mod from Fallout 3 made it over. :lol

Wonder if that means that FO3 mods are compatible with NV or if the guy just put it there for no reason.
I'm guessing many of them will be compatible. So many great mods and reskins for FO3 out there

Marvie_3 said:
7-11 sells video games now? Closest one to me is ~300 miles away up in Canada so that's not really an option for me anyway. :lol

yea the 711 around here hosted a midnight launch of madden 10 last year

(._.) said:
I'm guessing many of them will be compatible. So many great mods and reskins for FO3 out there

yeah I hope the community isnt too split on F3/NV mod wise id hope they move onto NV just for the engine updates / changes to gameplay.

RS4-

Marvie_3 said:
It's like a west coast thing and maybe parts of the east. There's only like six 7-11s in Toronto and I'm sure they've never ever sold games.

I caved. I was going to hold off a few months before picking this up but I just ended up preordering the PC version on Amazon with a $20 gift card I had.

Top Bottom