• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Gacha-pin

Got my copy

107teur.jpg

"DO NOT SELL BEFORE 10/19/10"

This is the first time I saw this type of seal on the box:D

noise36

$50USD in the New Zealand steam store and $90USD in the Australian steam store.

Shameless price gauging at its most disgusting.

Dont they get this is why some people pirate software?

noise36 said:

Being treated like an idiot by these companies makes me feel sick. I'd rather pirate the game and Paypal Obsidian 50 bucks than pay 90. I think I'll do neither for the time being, I think the price will have to drop.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Zeliard said:
Best part is Avellone and Sawyer don't even defend F3, they're just like "awesome, dude, glad you enjoyed it."

Also stumbled onto this tweet by Sawyer:

temple of doom is my favorite indiana jones movie and i don't care who knows it.
11:45 AM Oct 14th via web

I've always considered him a wise man.

it's obviously the worst Indie movie, but who cares what he thinks, since the game seems to be good.

Zzoram

Wolves Evolve said:
Being treated like an idiot by these companies makes me feel sick. I'd rather pirate the game and Paypal Obsidian 50 bucks than pay 90. I think I'll do neither for the time being, I think the price will have to drop.

I wonder why 2K prices differently between Australia and New Zealand. It must be retail agreements.

Ledsen

Fredescu said:
Nothing even vaguely grey about it, parallel importation of software has been completely legal in Australia since 2000.

He's talking about pirating it while waiting for your copy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Darklord said:
So they don't even bother putting Obsidian on the cover. That's nice.

Games are about 50/50, maybe even less, at including the developer's logo. This isn't really unusual. Alpha Protocol had it (Sega), KOTOR II didn't (Lucasarts), NWN2 did (Atari), this doesn't (Bethesda). Looking at Sega's other boxarts, Bayonetta and MadWorld don't have developer logos, neither does Condemned. For Atari, Ghostbusters didn't have any developer logo, The Witcher does.

*shrugs*

Darklord

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Games are about 50/50, maybe even less, at including the developer's logo. This isn't really unusual. Alpha Protocol had it (Sega), KOTOR II didn't (Lucasarts), NWN2 did (Atari), this doesn't (Bethesda). Looking at Sega's other boxarts, Bayonetta and MadWorld don't have developer logos, neither does Condemned. For Atari, Ghostbusters didn't have any developer logo, The Witcher does.

*shrugs*

Kotor 2 had it. Even if some don't it still seems pretty low.

Zzoram

Stumpokapow said:

*shrugs*

But the developer logo should be the most important one. It's the guys who made the game!

MadmanUK

noise36 said:

They get a special Hobbit tax deduction. Their shoes are expensive yo.

Zzoram

I got Fallout 3 at launch but I don't have time for games anymore. I might get this during a future Steam sale. Too bad, this game looks better than Fallout 3.

Zzoram

Dark FaZe said:
So...how long is this game? Is it better than Fallout 3? Where the hell are reviews these days? So frustrating.

The game doesn't come out until tomorrow, and it's definitely going to be a pretty long game going by Obsidian's past games and Fallout 3's length. It should also be good, considering that Obsidian is known for making good RPGs.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Darklord said:
Kotor 2 had it. Even if some don't it still seems pretty low.

Yeah, you're right about KOTOR 2, the first Google image search result didn't have it but that wasn't the final box I guess.

Zzoram said:
But the developer logo should be the most important one. It's the guys who made the game!

I agree it should be there, I just don't think it's unusual for it not to be.

any approximation on how long the main quest line is ?

Also, how does the map compare to Fo3 in size and saturation? My favorite parts of Fo3 were encountering some strange building out in the middle of nowhere and getting lost in it for hours.

kai3345

Banned
MrCompletely said:

Also, how does the map compare to Fo3 in size and saturation? My favorite parts of Fo3 were encountering some strange building out in the middle of nowhere and getting lost in it for hours.
They said the actual map size is the exact same as F3, and they said there were more quests than F3 also.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MrCompletely said:

I could be wrong, but I think the map is approximately the same size as Fallout 3, and from the strategy guide map looked even more populated with stuff. And, if I'm correct, theres 70-something side quests.

MrCompletely said:

All we have to go by is what Obsidian has told us. The size is roughly the same (a little larger) and is much more saturated than FO:3. Once again this is going by developer input, if people already have the game they can probably say better.

EDIT: Beaten....so bad.....

Varth

Don't know if it has been posted, but someone on another forum posted a short video of the ps3 version here.

Didn't see any of that so far. Saw plenty of other, equally worrying stuff however.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Easystride said:
Don't know if it has been posted, but someone on another forum posted a short video of the ps3 version here.

There's no way they would release the game in that shape. It's the same engine as fallout 3. While fallout 3 had some issues on PS3 it was never that bad.

Shurs

Gacha-pin said:
Got my copy

http://i51.tinypic.com/107teur.jpg/IMG]

"DO NOT SELL BEFORE 10/19/10"

This is the first time I saw this type of seal on the box:D[/QUOTE]

I recently bought the Fallout 3 GOTY edition and it said: "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 10/13/09" on the box seal.

anddo0

When are reviews due? I hope we can get some platform specific reviews. I'm not buying this at launch if there are any issues that require a patch.

Shurs

anddo0 said:
When are reviews due? I hope we can get some platform specific reviews. I'm not buying this at launch if there are any issues that require a patch.

With the way things have worked in the past with Fallout 3, I don't think it's outrageous to assume PC>360>PS3.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Easystride said:

Fallout 3 does that from time to time. Nothing that major but regardless, you should expect this to happen every now and then.

Denzar

Varth said:
Didn't see any of that so far. Saw plenty of other, equally worrying stuff however.

Like what? Could you give me/us some examples? I'm still torn between PS3 or 360.

Usually 360 is the safer bet, but I played F3 on PS3 and had no problems with it except for the lack of AA and a couple of crashes.

Gacha-pin

cjtiger300 said:
Give us PS3 fools some impressions! Please!!!!

The differences between FO3 and NV I noticed so far are NV supports Trophy and the game doesn't freeze when the notification pops up ;p

Graphics & performance are not improved or getting worse. But I encountered objects & NPC collision glitches several times even I've played for only half an hour.
I saw NPCs were walking into rocks. I could even VATS them while they were in the middle of the rock and shot them...

Easystride said:

Isn't it just captured a interlace screen by camera?

Top Bottom