• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

RS4-

Wallach said:
Confused about how this is an exploit. What did you use to repair the item with?

I didn't use anything to repair it.

- browse items, find multiples of the same clothing or weapon, for example (using random condition values)
|- gun (2/10 condition) : 20 caps
|- gun (5/10 condition) : 60 caps
|- gun (10/10 condition, 2 pieces) : 150 caps

- Buy the cheapest gun, accept the purchase, exit the item and chat screen (I think this is required)
- talk to shop, start barter
- the gun you bought at 20 caps and 2/10 condition is fully repaired (automatically) and now sells for 80 caps
- sell gun (but you don't have to leave the shop screen until you're finished)
- gun is back in shop inventory, but defaults back to 20 caps and 2/10 condition; so buy it again
- sell, buy, sell until they're out of caps or you're finished.

It's just a small exploit that is there; it doesn't work for everything though. This particular shop I was testing, he happened to have a multiples of a radiation suit, armor and hat; while the radiation suit yielded only a 12 cap profit, the armor was at +70 and the hat was at -6.

So in a way, if you do find something you want and it's in various states of condition, you can just buy the cheapest one IF it's fully repaired automatically.

I don't know if traders eventually got caps back over time, I didn't do much selling in FO3 since I didn't have to buy very much, so I'm not sure how it worked in the previous game.

Varth

Deepack said:
Like what? Could you give me/us some examples? I'm still torn between PS3 or 360.

Usually 360 is the safer bet, but I played F3 on PS3 and had no problems with it except for the lack of AA and a couple of crashes.

You can find a list of bugs/glitches I've encountered so far a couple pages behind.

Hela

RS4- said:
I don't know if traders eventually got caps back over time, I didn't do much selling in FO3 since I didn't have to buy very much, so I'm not sure how it worked in the previous game.
They did after 72h sleep in F3.

Wag

I got the pick-up notice for the PC version @ Best Buy this morning. I'm going to wait a few days though on the reviews. If it really sucks I'm going to hold out for a price drop (right now I got it for the 2-games + $25GC deal).

Been playing this since Saturday afternoon, I am absolutely addicted, about 18 hours in. Even moreso than the first. Playing on Hardcore mode isn't as time consuming as I thought, it's very simple to fast travel back to town to visit a doctor, drink water, buy food, sleep when you need to. But it's not as demanding as it sounds I guess, you can go a couple hours without even thinking about.

Already an infinite XP glitch discovered, I wonder if they'll have time to patch it in time for release, I'm guessing not. Load times are really the only issue I'm having with it so far (360 version, installed). It's very annoying when you're travelling between areas, especially over long distances because load times can be between 10-20 seconds.

Double D

Haven't preordered, but I'm hoping to get a collectos edition tomorrow. Still kind of on the fence as far as platform. I got F3 on the PC, but since I can't get 360 cheevos (I know it's stupid, but I enjoy them) on PC with New Vegas, I'm going with the 360 version unless the performance is that much better on the PC.

epmode

Vik_Vaughn said:
I got F3 on the PC, but since I can't get 360 cheevos (I know it's stupid, but I enjoy them) on PC with New Vegas, I'm going with the 360 version unless the performance is that much better on the PC.
Disregarding the achievement comment (Steamworks WTF), I can guarantee that performance IS that much better on a decent PC. The same goes for 95% of games with a PC port.

Wag said:
I got the pick-up notice for the PC version @ Best Buy this morning. I'm going to wait a few days though on the reviews. If it really sucks I'm going to hold out for a price drop (right now I got it for the 2-games + $25GC deal).

explain :)

ckohler

What's going on with the Collector's Edition? They don't even list it for sale on Gamestop's or Walmart's websites. It's listed as "Coming Soon" (not pre-order) at Best Buy. Is this thing even going to be available?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
ckohler said:
What's going on with the Collector's Edition? They don't even list it for sale on Gamestop's or Walmart's websites. It's listed as "Coming Soon" (not pre-order) at Best Buy. Is this thing even going to be available?

I believe the Collector's Edition was fairly low-run and in fact so awesome that they may have sold through their entire allotment via pre-order.

Jb

will52 said:
Ugh, why can't the damn reviews be out? I'm not buying this if it reviews like shit.
I highly doubt it will get bad reviews (at least in the US/UK), but I'd also like to know if the writting is on par, better or worse than in FO 3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jay-B said:
I highly doubt it will get bad reviews (at least in the US/UK), but I'd also like to know if the writting is on par, better or worse than in FO 3.
Oh come on, if there has ever been one thing that Obsidian consistently nails, it's the writing. That is the last thing I would wonder about.

Jb

Stallion Free said:
Oh come on, if there has ever been one thing that Obsidian consistently nails, it's the writing.
I haven't played any of their game, so I wouldn't know
(PS: It wasn't meant as a negative comment towards the game :), I REALLY want to hear people's opinions about the plot/quests once the game is out)

Denzar

Jay-B said:

Your avatar, that scene always gets me.

Harry's wife after he beat up the phone: Harry, it's just an inanimate object !

Harry: YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FUCKING OBJECT

Best insult I ever heard.

I'm sure the reviews will be fine, but it won't get the same scores F3 got 2 years ago.

Writing will be ace, I'm sure.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jay-B said:

Bethesda's writing consistently average at best, and Obsidian is usually above. I'd say its a safe bet that the writing, especially characterisation and story telling, will be superior in New Vegas.

Ledsen

Zzoram said:
I got Fallout 3 at launch but I don't have time for games anymore. I might get this during a future Steam sale. Too bad, this game looks better than Fallout 3.

Aw, what happened :(

360 exclusive dlc announced.

No details on the DLC itself were given, but the press release said the “first downloadable content” would be exclusive to Xbox Live, which seems to imply more would be coming to other consoles as well.

Info on the content will be “released in the coming weeks.”

“We’re excited to continue the partnership between Bethesda and Microsoft, and build on the success of the game add-ons released for Fallout 3 on Xbox LIVE,” said Bethesda’s US PR boss Pete Hines.

“We have no doubt that gamers will be thrilled with seeing a new add-on pack extend their adventures with Fallout: New Vegas on Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE,” added Microsoft GM product manager for IEB, Matt Barlow.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/18/bethesda-announces-360-exclusive-new-vegas-dlc/

:)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You have got to be fucking kidding me. If this shit doesn't come to PC at some point I'm going to be even more goddamn furious than I was with Bioshock 2 travesty.

Lothars

Shogun PaiN said:
Here we go again :lol. If the DLC is significant then hopefully it shows up on other platforms a few months down the line. Let the bitching commence.

Even though I am getting it for the 360, I still think it's bullshit that it's exclusive for the 360, it should be out for all the systems at the same time.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, good thing I held off on actually pre-ordering through Steam after all.

Not buying this shit. Will wait for GOTY.

i wonder if Gamestop will allow me to switch the 360 collectors edition version... I knew i would regret buying the PC CE. Dammit.... i also know they ran out of CEs

If push comes to shove, is anyone interested in trading 360 CE for PC CE?

Minsc

Gold Member
Don't worry guys, the first three DLCs will total up to the same price as the GOTY version that includes them all for free with the game as well. :lol

Stupid DLCs.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Stallion Free said:
MS (and Sony to a lesser degree) are fucking ruining this generation further with this moneyhatting DLC.

If only you guys would vote with your dollars, like when they raised the price of LIVE, rather than just suck stuff like this down all the time. Buy the PS3 or PC version for fuck's sake so that they know they cannot afford to ostracize a large part of their audience.

Edit: and by 'you guys' I am not specifically addressing you. Just addressing the 360 audience in general.

ShogunX

Stallion Free said:
MS (and Sony to a lesser degree) are fucking ruining this generation further with this moneyhatting DLC.

Sony to a lesser degree?

Both companies are as bad as each other, It's just MS seem to focus towards the bigger games when doing this kind of thing.

Far worse are these ''exclusive'' editions of EA games with more content for the same price.

bobbytkc said:
If only you guys would vote with your dollars, like when they raised the price of LIVE, rather than just suck stuff like this down all the time. Buy the PS3 or PC version for fuck's sake so that they know they cannot afford to ostracize a large part of their audience.

People on GAF shop around and abuse free codes. I seriously doubt anybody on here is paying the new price for Live.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
bobbytkc said:
I always buy the PC version and I always get fucked with DLC. And I'm actually one of those people willing to buy DLC if it looks decent enough.

Shogun PaiN said:
Sony to a lesser degree?
I just don't see it as often as I do with MS. I am still bitter about the Joker DLC though.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Shogun PaiN said:
Sony to a lesser degree?

Both companies are as bad as each other. It's just MS seem to focus towards the bigger games when doing this kind of thing.

Far worse are these ''exclusive'' editions of EA games with more content for the same price.

What are these? I don't really quite follow EA games.

aasoncott

I'm actually okay with the DLC thing.

... but only if it's a quest for the last Xbox in existence, and instead of being written by Obsidian, it's written by Microsoft's marketing team. And when you find it, you can use it in your apartment to watch Xbox Live trailers. Oh, and it also adds Walmart adds to the billboards around the world. But only if you have Gold -- Silver users don't get ads.

And then all DLC after that can be non-exclusive.

Shogun PaiN said:
Sony to a lesser degree?

Both companies are as bad as each other. It's just MS seem to focus towards the bigger games when doing this kind of thing.

This is the truth. The EA/Sony stuff is completely overboard. In Medal of Honor's case, they included an entire game exclusive to the PS3 version. Dead Space 2 is shipping with extra features on the disc as well. Sony and Microsoft are equally shitty in this regard.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Shogun PaiN said:
People on GAF shop around and abuse free codes. I seriously doubt anybody on here is paying the new price for Live.

Sorry for not being more specific, but by 'you guys' I am not specifically addressing you or GAF. Just addressing the 360 audience in general.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
bobbytkc said:
Dead Space 2 comes with Dead Space: Extraction on PS3 and Medal of Honor comes with MOH Frontline remastered on PS3.

That content is available elsewhere (honestly, both remasters look pretty poor) so I don't mind that as much.

ShogunX

bobbytkc said:

A few EA games like Dante's Inferno, Dead Space 2 and Medal Of Honor include significant extra content exclusive to PS3 for the same price as the 360 version.

At least with this exclusive DLC people aren't getting less content for the same price.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
goldsoundz said:
This is the truth. The EA/Sony stuff is completely overboard. In Medal of Honor's case, they included an entire game exclusive to the PS3 version. Dead Space 2 is shipping with extra features on the disc as well. Sony and Microsoft are equally shitty in this regard.

Yea, but In this case Sony has Bluray right? The situation is not exact, and in addition, all these are not new content.

Top Bottom