• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Lard

Banned
Darklord said:
God, I'm sick of this crap. It's worse than full exclusive games. Fragmenting it like this ruins it. If you release a game on a platform, RELEASE THE CONTENT ON ALL THOSE DISCS. Fucking arseholes.

I agree with you 100% on fragmenting, but the obvious solution is the one above.

Fragmenting it like this is the surest way to ensure I'm not going to buy the game.

Stallion Free said:
I just don't see it as often as I do with MS. I am still bitter about the Joker DLC though.

PSN network + betas anyone? :lol

People need to get over this shit, actually paying for dlc is a much bigger joke as it being exclusive. It's MS exclusive for the exact same reason that they charge for it (mo money) I don't see why people should be getting upset.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Spirit of Jazz said:
People need to get over this shit, actually paying for dlc is a much bigger joke as it being exclusive. It's MS exclusive for the exact same reason that they charge for it (mo money) I don't see why people should be getting upset.
There is some DLC worth paying for. Fallout 3's DLC for the most part was worth the price.

Myomoto

Never bought any of the DLC for Fallout 3. Fallout 3 shipped with more content than most people will ever experience, and New Vegas seems to stay true to this design philosophy. Seriously, why give a fuck about DLC? :lol

bunbun777

oh ho this is some bullshit- still getting it day 1 but to all those stating they will wait to purchase goty later-- I can empathize. hopefully it's just a few weeks difference for the dlc...

Myomoto said:
Never bought any of the DLC for Fallout 3. Fallout 3 shipped with more content than most people will ever experience, and New Vegas seems to stay true to this design philosophy. Seriously, why give a fuck about DLC? :lol

I had the original they traded up (Goozex) to GOTY played every bit of the DLC. Even though it got a bit tough to put up with the glitches and freezes during the later DLC.

Stallion Free said:
There is some DLC worth paying for. Fallout 3's DLC for the most part was worth the price.

And clearly MS feel this DLC is worth paying for. They're excluding groups of players, however by charging for DLC in the first place they're excluding people unwilling to pay expansion pack prices for a tiny amount of content.

Then again, I suppose you should just be feeling terrible and abused about the same publisher that decided to charge you for horse armour. Hell, wasn't the Fallout 3 DLC 360 exclusive for a significant period anyway?

Brinbe

darkjedi187 said:
Super exited. Come on Amazon ship my copy already.
:lol :lol Same exact shit here, come on Amazon!... Also, unlike perhaps some others on here, I've had 100% faith in this from the beginning, so I'm glad there have been so many great impressions so far. But yeah, fucking get here already! Tomorrow seems so far away.

Brinbe said:
:lol :lol Same exact shit here, come on Amazon!... Also, unlike perhaps some others on here, I've had 100% faith in this from the beginning, so I'm glad there have been so many great impressions so far. But yeah, fucking get here already! Tomorrow seems so far away.

Same here. Fallout was just such a great game never put two thoughs into this not being just as great if not better.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Spirit of Jazz said:
Then again, I suppose you should just be feeling terrible and abused about the same publisher that decided to charge you for horse armour. Hell, wasn't the Fallout 3 DLC 360 exclusive for a significant period anyway?
It came to PC day and date with 360. I guess this what we get for them switching from GFWL to Steamworks.

anddo0

If the PS3 version of this game turns out to be poor. I doubt I'll get this tomorrow. The DLC news does nothing to get me off the fence.. Depending on the exclusivity window, I may wait for the GOTY edition.

tokkun

I think it's worth remembering that the term "360 Exclusive" has frequently just meant "not PS3" in the past. What I mean is that several things that Microsoft have called 360 exclusives ended up launching on both 360 and PC.

Double D

BobsRevenge said:
PC or PS3 out of spite?

Haha, yeah. Definitely PS3 version all the way!! I'm like totally voting with my dollurz, or something. Seriously, people, this stuff is stupid, but the people who actually put the work into making this an enjoyable game don't make business decisions like this.

tokkun said:
I think it's worth remembering that the term "360 Exclusive" has frequently just meant "not PS3" in the past. What I mean is that several things that Microsoft have called 360 exclusives ended up launching on both 360 and PC.

Thats a good point, and the quote "We're excited to continue the partnership between Bethesda and Microsoft, and build on the success of the game add-ons released for Fallout 3 on Xbox Live," indicating that we'll see it on PC simultaneously.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nah MS is bitter that they dropped GFWL in favor of Steamworks, they are going to stick to PC too this time (even though they really run the platform via Windows too SMH).

MrCompletely said:
Thats a good point, and the quote "We're excited to continue the partnership between Bethesda and Microsoft, and build on the success of the game add-ons released for Fallout 3 on Xbox Live," indicating that we'll see it on PC simultaneously.

That partnership isn't there on PC anymore though. Hard to say in either case.

DryvBy

Man, we need to all put together a Wiki/Blog for our characters adventures for Hardcore members only. Have like a person journal for what our characters are thinking. I know I'm going to start one.

DryvBy2 said:
Man, we need to all put together a Wiki/Blog for our characters adventures for Hardcore members only. Have like a person journal for what our characters are thinking. I know I'm going to start one.
This sounds extremely awesome. I'd love to participate!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
MrCompletely said:

The difference being that F3 was using GFWL, a microsoft platform, on the PC. New Vegas is using steamworks this time instead. So it's anyones guess.

I would not be surprised to still see it day one on PC though, if only because Bethesda's usual treatment of PC gamers has been pretty positive.

Pooya

MrCompletely said:
PC version of FO3 was Games for Windows LIVE, don't think MS wants to push DLC through Steamworks :\ .

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
miladesn said:
PC version of FO3 was Games for Windows LIVE, don't think MS wants to push DLC through Steamworks :\ .

Actually, you can buy the FO3 dlc straight through the steam browser now, no need to deal with MS and their funny money.

Its really anyones guess at this point.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Zerokku said:
Actually, you can buy the FO3 dlc straight through the steam browser now, no need to deal with MS and their funny money.
But you couldn't on release, that's the point. They only added it to the Steam store of recent.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Stallion Free said:
But you couldn't on release, that's the point. They only added it to the Steam store of recent.

And buying straight DLC through steam is rather recent as well If Im not mistaken. Was not around when FO3 was first pushing out packs. The point is there's not enough information or precedence to really have an idea of whats going to happen.

Macattk15

I haven't been paying much attention to this. I'm going to get it though.

Is this thing unlocking on Steam tonight? Can it be pre-loaded? Can't wait.

Varna

Macattk15 said:
I haven't been paying much attention to this. I'm going to get it though.

Is this thing unlocking on Steam tonight? Can it be pre-loaded? Can't wait.

Yes you can preload. Seems like steam is doing a midnight launch now. Says 14 hours on the counter!

Slow morning in my office, so I've been planning out my character sheet.

S = 5
P = 5
E = 5
C = 5 + 1 from intense training
I = 5 + 2
A = 5 + 1
L = 5 + 2

I'll tab Guns, Repair & Speech. And I'll pick up Four Eyes and Wild Wasteland for traits. Hardcore mode will be enabled.

Anyone else have their character sheets planned out yet?

Interfectum

DennisK4 said:
Worst trend this gen: Publisher abuse of DLC

Fixed.

The concept of DLC is amazing. The execution of DLC has been nothing more than shameful and it sucks we keep taking it in the ass like idiots.

Macattk15

Varna said:
Yes you can preload. Seems like steam is doing a midnight launch now. Says 14 hours on the counter!

That is cool, I'll have to check Steam when I get home. 14 hours is 4am for me though on the East Coast :(

Gonna swing by a local Best Buy on my way home to see if by chance they have it out on their shelves though as someone mentioned they picked theirs up at BB.

Recently chose the ‘Explorer’ perk after hitting level 20 and unlocked all locations. Dear lord. The amount of stuff I would’ve missed without that is nuts. Unfortunately, it’s also making it difficult to find specific areas as there are literally 100’s of tiny icons on my map now. But I’ve found that (compared to Fallout 3), a lot of the smaller areas (gas stations, caves) will literally have maybe one storage locker in it, or possibly nothing at all and will feel like a waste of time.

I’m just not getting the same sense of discovery I got originally from Fallout 3 where I’d randomly stumble across a new area or town and begin a whole new huge quest line. Unless I’m just choosing the wrong areas to go to, there isn’t enough grabbing me to be like feel like I have to compulsively check out every spot on the map. But I’m also waiting for the guide book to come out Tuesday to tell me where to find specific missions.

Overall still loving it though, minus the few hiccups (frame stutters, long load times), it’s hooked me just as bad as FO3 did 2 years ago.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
Zerokku said:
The difference being that F3 was using GFWL, a microsoft platform, on the PC. New Vegas is using steamworks this time instead. So it's anyones guess.

Does this change in PC platform mean anything for compatibility with the PC Xbox controller? I played FO3 on Xbox and am quite comfy with that controller but want all the mod and graphical benefits of the PC this time around.

Sins*

Neo Member
My steam said 19th of October release last night, now it's saying 22nd... fucking hell Australia gets jibbed. $90 US and 3 more days...

falloutnewvegas.jpg

Knuckleruckamus said:
Does this change in PC platform mean anything for compatibility with the PC Xbox controller? I played FO3 on Xbox and am quite comfy with that controller but want all the mod and graphical benefits of the PC this time around.

It's still a Games For Windows title, just not Live-enabled. So yes, it'll fully support the Xbox controller.

Denzar

Darklord said:
Actually, the Fallout 3 DLC was for PC too.
ohshit, so this exclusive DLC is 360 only?

I need to learn how to read (better).

I automatically presumed it would benefit PC players too.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not too worried about the DLC. It will surely be released for the PC eventually, and I'm perfectly willing to wait. I'm not willing to subjugate myself to an inferior version that costs more just so I can get earlier access to some additional content that may or may not be any good, though.

Top Bottom