• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll probably skip over all of the DLC except the one that will allow you to play after the "ending", then I'll just buy the GOTY to get the rest of the DLC.

DryvBy

Reluctant-Hero said:
This sounds extremely awesome. I'd love to participate!

I might start a Wordpress thing for it tonight and I'll just post it to you and whoever else wants to participate. I used to do one for my Star Wars Galaxies character I made because I had interest in writing a SW novel. That flopped lol.

But I'll post it up laters with people as authors, whoever wants to.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
9SdrL.png

VpCbA.jpg

Almost there.

Zefah said:
I'm not too worried about the DLC. It will surely be released for the PC eventually, and I'm perfectly willing to wait. I'm not willing to subjugate myself to an inferior version that costs more just so I can get earlier access to some additional content that may or may not be any good, though.

I feel the same way. I've decided to keep my Amazon, PC version preorder in place.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
MacBosse said:
Jesus people, please lets talk about the game and not the DLC!

The game isn't exactly released yet, and the exclusive DLC is kind of the "latest" news regarding the game. I don't see why it shouldn't be discussed.

DryvBy

MacBosse said:
DLC is part of the game. Basically, only half the users are going to get a full copy of the game.

Expansions, you complete me.

Interfectum

MacBosse said:

Blame Bethesda for deciding to ruffle half the userbase's features a day before launch. :lol

But yeah I'd love to hear more gameplay impressions as we do have a separate thread for the DLC news.

Horns

I was going to order this, then I didn't want to, now I want to again all in a matter of 4 hours. As much as I want to play through my backlog of games, THIS game is like crack to me. The dozen games sitting on my shelf looks so weak compared to NV. Of course this is the hype speaking and not my common sense.

Souplak

Ok this is it, if thats how the PS3 version works then this is the last time ill ever buy a Bethesda/Obsidian game. The DLC bullshit and their ability to not be able to make a working PS3 port this late in this generation makes me wonder if they even care about their PS3 (and to a lesser extent their PC) fans.

DryvBy2 said:
I might start a Wordpress thing for it tonight and I'll just post it to you and whoever else wants to participate. I used to do one for my Star Wars Galaxies character I made because I had interest in writing a SW novel. That flopped lol.

But I'll post it up laters with people as authors, whoever wants to.

Consider me interested. I'm thinking my first play through will be on Normal with Hardcore and no WW
totally going for the two cannibal traits though! :D
. Should be hella fun!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
kai3345 said:
lol good thing im getting 360

Yeah have fun with the unfixable bugs. This game is so gonna get pounded in reviews for that shit, unlike 3.

Also they should have held off on announcing DLC. Fucking idiots at Bethesda.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
HK-47 said:
Yeah have fun with the unfixable bugs. This game is so gonna get pounded in reviews for that shit, unlike 3.

Well, then people would be more pissed off. Dumb business decision, but smart on the part of the marketers who are probably being tasked with pushing the 360 version more than the others. Sure, they may lose, what, 100 sales right now with it, but it's not like this decision is going to affect it much overall.

Total dick decision by whomever signed the exclusivity contract though.

FrankT

HK-47 said:

You've been playing the 360 version? Not sure why they should have held off on that really if anything it should have been announced long before like in most cases.

Despera

Banned
Playing the game on 360 after installation.

No problems whatsoever except for that one time where I got stuck in a garage. Game is silky smooth mostly. 11 hours in.

FrankT

Despera said:
Playing the game on 360 after installation.

No problems whatsoever except for that one time where I got stuck in a garage. Game is silky smooth mostly. 11 hours in.

No head caught in a ceiling yet? :lol

Despera

Banned
Jtyettis said:
No head caught in a ceiling yet? :lol

Well, there were 3 or 4 instances where enemies just froze and did nothing. One was sitting on a chair and did nothing while I sliced him to piece with a Machete. One was going to through dynamite at me and then froze all of a sudden. One came running at me and then just... started walking away for some reason.

Other than that, no problems at all!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jtyettis said:
You've been playing the 360 version? Not sure why they should have held off on that really if anything it should have been announced long before like in most cases.

I dont need to play the 360 version to know I'm gonna be glad I can phase people out of walls by going into console on PC.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Good to hear. I've been a little worried about game breaking bugs, but none of that will bother me. I'm at the point of no return, the order will be shipping soon, so it's not like I could cancel anyways.

It's a shame that this DLC bullshit is souring the launch of this game. Great timing, 2K.

ruxtpin

Banned
Despera said:
Well, there were 3 or 4 instances where enemies just froze and did nothing. One was sitting on a chair and did nothing while I sliced him to piece with a Machete. One was going to through dynamite at me and then froze all of a sudden. One came running at me and then just... started walking away for some reason.

Other than that, no problems at all!

There are perfectly good explanations for all those incidents. That last guy probably thought you were the dude that killed his dog, upon closer inspection he realized that wasn't the case and walked away. Don't blame the game guy. That raider was just trying to be the bigger man.

I love that some people are angry with Obsidian or Bethesda about the exclusive DLC, as if they're doing it to spite them - rather than that they've just been offered a lot of money by Microsoft.

Marvie_3

Banned
ruxtpin said:
There are perfectly good explanations for all those incidents. That last guy probably thought you were the dude that killed his dog, upon closer inspection he realized that wasn't the case and walked away. Don't blame the game guy. That raider was just trying to be the bigger man.
:lol

I love how in F3, one of the loading screens instructs you to just put away your gun if you're getting killed and maybe the enemy would forgive you. I tried to do it several times to see if it would work and the baddie just kept shooting me. :lol

miladesn said:
PC version of FO3 was Games for Windows LIVE, don't think MS wants to push DLC through Steamworks :\ .

Oddly enough my investigations online have revealed that it's branded with GFW at retail even though it's not Live connected. So there is a partnership of sorts there. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Don't give a fuck about DLC which, at this point, is some non-existent mystical bullshit. Do care about playing this at 2am on the dot though.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
:lol

I love how in F3, one of the loading screens instructs you to just put away your gun if you're getting killed and maybe the enemy would forgive you. I tried to do it several times to see if it would work and the baddie just kept shooting me. :lol

I think that only works on your companions.

Emitan

Fredescu said:
Available: 22 October 2010
This game will unlock in approximately 3 days and 5 hours

You bastards.
Australia always gets ripped off :(

Oh well, I'll just be enjoying my copy in 10 hours!

Amazon order shipped at about 11AM eastern today, from a place about an hour away. Anybody ever had release day delivery get there early, or is it always day of release? It's 3:30 now and no other details in the tracking history, so I kind of doubt it'll get here today (gotta go to some sorting/processing facility before heading out for delivery I'd imagine). But I wonder if they ever screw that up and get it to people early (or late)?

whatevermort said:
I love that some people are angry with Obsidian or Bethesda about the exclusive DLC, as if they're doing it to spite them - rather than that they've just been offered a lot of money by Microsoft.
Just to get this out of the way, I'll still be playing the game tomorrow on the PC when I get home from work, so I'm not in the "I've canceled my preorder" group. However, I don't understand your point at all. Did that offer of a lot of money also come at gunpoint? If not, I think consumers still have a right to be upset. I don't think anyone believes that Obsidian or Bethesda is screwing over non-360 owners because it's how they get their jollies. Understanding why they're doing this doesn't negate their right to be upset over it. A spokesperson for Obsidian/Bethesda coming out and saying "Hey, we know you, the consumers who buy our products and keep us afloat, are upset about this, but if it makes you feel any better it helps us out financially!" doesn't exactly make for good PR.

Top Bottom